HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Tobias Enstrom

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 11:51 PM
  #1
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,314
vCash: 50
Tobias Enstrom

Leads defencemen in scoring with 11 points in 8 games. Next closest is Shattenkirk with 9 in 8 or Markov with with 8 in6.

Think hell be able to keep his lead on the defencemen scoring lead? How many points will he end up with?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:56 PM
  #2
Thrashers94
We fly as one
 
Thrashers94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Pocket Lidstrom will end up with 40-45 points imo.

Looking good this year outside of that Islanders game iirc where he got burned a couple times.

Thrashers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
  #3
HPsauce
Registered User
 
HPsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 441
vCash: 566
Before the season started i figured he would be tops on our team in pts, if not first.

He's an elite point producing dman. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win the scoring race for dmen.

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:59 PM
  #4
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,418
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Leads defencemen in scoring with 11 points in 8 games. Next closest is Shattenkirk with 9 in 8 or Markov with with 8 in6.

Think hell be able to keep his lead on the defencemen scoring lead? How many points will he end up with?
Possible, but I doubt it... I can see him ending in the top 10 though.
Here's why:

He's 18th in even strength pts/min
He's 11th in PP pts/min

The reason why he's ahead of a lot of the guys above him is he has 3 extra 5v5 mins and 2 extra 5v4 mins than the rest due to our currently absent defensive depth.

Another reason why is because Enstrom is a role guy. When Byfuglien and/or Bogosian are available, he allows these two guys to control the offense, but when they are out he actively tries to create the offense.

Once Bogosian and Byfuglien return he'll stop being on the hunt for creating points and will also lose 5v5 and 5v4 time.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:01 AM
  #5
HPsauce
Registered User
 
HPsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 441
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Possible, but I doubt it... I can see him ending in the top 10 though.
Here's why:

He's 18th in even strength pts/min
He's 11th in PP pts/min

The reason why he's ahead of a lot of the guys above him is he has 3 extra 5v5 mins and 2 extra 5v4 mins than the rest due to our currently absent defensive depth.

Another reason why is because Enstrom is a role guy. When Byfuglien and/or Bogosian are available, he allows these two guys to control the offense, but when they are out he actively tries to create the offense.

Once Bogosian and Byfuglien return he'll stop being on the hunt for creating points and will also lose 5v5 and 5v4 time.
No, he's killing it.

Our best player thus far.

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:03 AM
  #6
TroubaFan1
Registered User
 
TroubaFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
My guess, he'll end up with 36 points. Im a big Toby fan, id just prefer that he plays with Bogo, while Buff plays with Hainsey.

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
  #7
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,418
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
No, he's killing it.

Our best player thus far.
Huh?? I wasn't saying he wasn't our best player?
Look at my Enstrom breakdown earlier this season... I'm a HUGE supporter of the guy...

I was just saying that when Byfuglien and Bogosian return two things will happen:
* his 5v5 and 5v4 time will be reduced since we'll have real D depth and ability to create two real PP pairs
* you will see him start to shoot less again because he likes to set-up and play a little less agressive

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:10 AM
  #8
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,418
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubaFan1 View Post
My guess, he'll end up with 36 points. Im a big Toby fan, id just prefer that he plays with Bogo, while Buff plays with Hainsey.
Problem with that is that all 4 do better with the opposite pair you've mentioned.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:16 AM
  #9
HPsauce
Registered User
 
HPsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 441
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Huh?? I wasn't saying he wasn't our best player?
Look at my Enstrom breakdown earlier this season... I'm a HUGE supporter of the guy...

I was just saying that when Byfuglien and Bogosian return two things will happen:
* his 5v5 and 5v4 time will be reduced since we'll have real D depth and ability to create two real PP pairs
* you will see him start to shoot less again because he likes to set-up and play a little less agressive
When Buff comes back, he'll play with Toby, on the first power play unit, they'll be on the ice for most offensive zone faceoff's. Bogosian and will get secondary PP time, and most of the defensive zone starts.

I'm also not convinced that Bogo will come back and shine like he did last season.

Anyhow, stop crushing my dreams of Toby winning the dman scoring race!!!

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:18 AM
  #10
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,418
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
When Buff comes back, he'll play with Toby, on the first power play unit, they'll be on the ice for most offensive zone faceoff's. Bogosian and will get secondary PP time, and most of the defensive zone starts.

I'm also not convinced that Bogo will come back and shine like he did last season.

Anyhow, stop crushing my dreams of Toby winning the dman scoring race!!!
I just meant that both Bogo and Buff would have to come back to reduce the TOI... because if just one comes back Noel will still heavily lean on the first pair like he did the first 4 games.

But, I'll stop.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:23 AM
  #11
HPsauce
Registered User
 
HPsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 441
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I just meant that both Bogo and Buff would have to come back to reduce the TOI... because if just one comes back Noel will still heavily lean on the first pair like he did the first 4 games.

But, I'll stop.
For sure.

I'll have to admit that last season i was not a fan of Toby, it's become pretty obvious that last season was a bogus season for him.

I honestly don't know how you couldn't want him out there in all situations. He's fantastic.

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:14 AM
  #12
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!
 
veganhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,680
vCash: 500
Toby has been really good this year. I wasn't his biggest fan last year. He still struggles sometimes with clearing the front of the net and with big guys but he has been so good moving the puck and offensively it really doesn't bug me like last year.


Last edited by veganhunter: 02-02-2013 at 11:08 AM.
veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:09 AM
  #13
cws
...in the drink
 
cws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
For sure.

I'll have to admit that last season i was not a fan of Toby, it's become pretty obvious that last season was a bogus season for him.

I honestly don't know how you couldn't want him out there in all situations. He's fantastic.
I was a fan of him from the start. He was a bit raw and apprehensive at first, but you could see his talent and skating ability right away. Just needed time.

Baffles me why some think he lost his ability for a while. It's always been there.
The team played bad in many stretches , his partner played bad on many occasions, he wasn't 100% for every one of those games when he had to cover a good bit of bad play. Trade talks about him came up here.

Overly reactionary/sensitive response to say the least.

cws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:49 AM
  #14
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Has has been good at putting up points this year.

He is still turning the puck over, and is getting man handled by opposition forwards

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:15 AM
  #15
Jetsfareast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philippines
Country: Canada
Posts: 457
vCash: 695
Big buff will pass him in

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:32 AM
  #16
KingBogo
Admitted Homer
 
KingBogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 4,628
vCash: 1345
This thread ought to get interesting since Enstrom just may be the most polarizing guy on the team. I try to walk the fence with him. He is without a doubt one of the most gifted offensive d-man in the league, and has the skill to be the top point getting defenseman. while he is not bad on defense his defensive play is no where equal to his offensive play. Case in point would be a game like last night where he gets 3 points but is -3 and we lose 8-3. While I don't put the blame for the loss on Enstrom our team is absolutely horrible across the board defensively right now as we have given 22 goals over the last 4 games. Personally I would take a dramatic drop in his production if it coincided with this team starting to play real team defense.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:55 AM
  #17
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greater Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,386
vCash: 5949
I don't see anyone but Byfuglien or Karlsson leading D scoring unless both miss significant time due to injury.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:01 AM
  #18
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Has has been good at putting up points this year.

He is still turning the puck over, and is getting man handled by opposition forwards
The good and the bad , best to grade realistically , I agree.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:12 AM
  #19
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 500
We have 3 d-men in the top 25 for defensive scoring this season. Not too bad.

The problem is that, apart from Buff, the three have been pretty poor doing what their position demands. Buff had a poor game against Montreal, but his defence has improved over last season. He's the lynchpin in the back end.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:20 AM
  #20
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,278
vCash: 1250
Minus 3 last night despite scoring 3 points.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020103

His defensive game was atrocious and he coughed the puck up regularly. Individual offensive stats mean nothing if attained in a game like that.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
  #21
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,128
vCash: 500
Can someone Plz make a GIF of him sitting on the bench just shaking his head??!!

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:48 AM
  #22
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,333
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Looking good this year outside of that Islanders game iirc where he got burned a couple times.
No kidding. He has really stepped it up this year. Everyone noticed that game, but nobody talked about how he stripped Malkin/Crosby multiple times and constantly beat them along the boards.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:19 AM
  #23
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,730
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
No kidding. He has really stepped it up this year. Everyone noticed that game, but nobody talked about how he stripped Malkin/Crosby multiple times and constantly beat them along the boards.
Meh, some people are just looking for him to fail so they can be right. They will never admit him doing well. We have the same kind of people on the boards who will always be against Buff, Hainsey, Scheifele and others, no matter what they do.

Funny thing is that these people are usually among the first to defend one of the others who are being attacked as soon as they make a mistake.

Regarding the topic, I just want him back with Buff so we have one of the best pairings in the league back. Right now he's the main offensive weapon on the blueline, so he will pick up points. I'm guessing he'll end up with 30-40 points this season.

The last game really wasn't a good indication on any of our players, be it Scheifele looking good in a game where everyone sucked, Enström getting three points but being -3 (how often does that happen to him?), or anything else really. Hopefully that includes Pavelec looking horribad, but I'm not so sure.


Last edited by Romang67: 02-02-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:26 AM
  #24
Gil Fisher
Registered User
 
Gil Fisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Can someone Plz make a GIF of him sitting on the bench just shaking his head??!!
yes please. That was priceless.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
  #25
HPsauce
Registered User
 
HPsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 441
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
I was a fan of him from the start. He was a bit raw and apprehensive at first, but you could see his talent and skating ability right away. Just needed time.

Baffles me why some think he lost his ability for a while. It's always been there.
The team played bad in many stretches , his partner played bad on many occasions, he wasn't 100% for every one of those games when he had to cover a good bit of bad play. Trade talks about him came up here.

Overly reactionary/sensitive response to say the least.
I actually do believe he was playing hurt most of last season. It's the only logical answer to his poor play mid season.

He was great towards to end of last season. He's an elite skater, smooth and his first step is amazingly quick. I would like to see him skate the puck more often, he can skate with the best of them but we don't see him break out with the puck very often.

He almost seems hesitant to do it at times.

Go Enstrom Go!

HPsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.