HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hawks fall to Nucks 2-1 in Shootout

Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
TwistedWrister90
Thug Nasty

vCash: 500
The PK was great. Same for Crawford and Saad. They're trying to be too cute again on the PP. Get someone in front of the net and shoot

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:58 PM
GretzkysOffice

That was a really boring game. Who else expected that type of energy or lack there of?

GretzkysOffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:59 PM
stuffradio

vCash: 471
Canuck fan here to say that was a boring game. Thought we lost for sure when we went to SO. As I said on Twitter, Saad was the only one to show up tonight.

stuffradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KassiansMissingTooth View Post
That was a really boring game. Who else expected that type of energy or lack there of?
It felt like Jackets vs Islanders honestly

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Minus the great save on Lapierre's five-hole attempt. Guy had a great game and made three stops. How about someone pick him up and put a puck in the net.
This!!!

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Ah, look.. Q costs them another shootout.

Sharp is now 4-for-27 over the past 3 years. 4-for-27. Quenneville: Wake. The. ****. Up.

Brandon Saad and Marian Hossa had outstanding games, yet they sit while Sharp - who had a bad game AND is awful in the shootout - goes up 3rd.

SMH x 10000000.
Sigh......this.

We are a pretty bad shootout team, but it's mostly because Sharp sees the shootout so much. I simply don't get it. There have to be about 3-4 other people on this team who could get you a better chance to get shootout goals than him.

Aside from that silliness, I thought we played very well in the 2nd and 3rd, and our PKilling has been beastly. The silver lining here is that to play well in the playoffs, you need a solid PK (while not using your top liners) and shootouts don't happen.

Also, poor Saad. He played so well and had so many solid chances for points tonight. Just seems to be snake-bit. It's gonna happen sooner or later.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Leddy huh
I dont mind Leddy going early, but with the game on the line and Hossa, Saad, and Stalberg on the bench...I simply cant fathom what hamster started running in pace to get that wheel moving in Q's head to come up with that pick..that hamster needs to be shot.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Props to the Nucks for a good overall game with no shenanigans. We better whip Calgary. Saad is such a keeper, can't wait for him to score.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffradio View Post
Canuck fan here to say that was a boring game. Thought we lost for sure when we went to SO. As I said on Twitter, Saad was the only one to show up tonight.
The kid has been playing really well, he just can't seem to catch a break. With the effort he's putting in, and his ability, I think it will come soon though, thanks!

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:02 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

97% PK is not going to hold up all season...what happened to our high-powered offense?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:02 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Things I hate:

Shootouts
Q's management of said shootouts

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:03 AM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

eventhough the Hawks are winning/getting points, I do have to say this.

Unless we get some more muscle, we are going to get crushed in the playoffs. We simply have no hitters outside of Bickell and Seabrook. It seemed as if the team didnt want to throw many hits for fear of ryling up the Nucks. We didnt get destroyed out there tonight, but the physical play was wayyyyy one sided and even Carcillo likely isnt enough to change our team. Mayers , Carcillo, and Bollig all cant play at the same time, but none of them are really wrecking balls either outside of carbomb..we need some more toughness, and depending on Bollands status, that should be Bowmans main objective at the deadline, a physical power winger THAT HITS and a top faceoff man like Konopka.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:04 AM
stuffradio

vCash: 471
Do you guys think it wasn't as exciting because of how crucial points are, so all players were being really careful?

stuffradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Hossa should have gone, and why does Frolik not get a look ever, he buried that SO goal against Schneider 2 years ago.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crows*

Good game. Really lack luster though, for a hawks nucks game. Please destroy the flames tomorrow

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

Unless we get some more muscle, we are going to get crushed in the playoffs. We simply have no hitters outside of Bickell and Seabrook. It seemed as if the team didnt want to throw many hits for fear of ryling up the Nucks. We didnt get destroyed out there tonight, but the physical play was wayyyyy one sided and even Carcillo likely isnt enough to change our team. Mayers , Carcillo, and Bollig all cant play at the same time, but none of them are really wrecking balls either outside of carbomb..we need some more toughness, and depending on Bollands status, that should be Bowmans main objective at the deadline, a physical power winger THAT HITS and a top faceoff man like Konopka.
The way Sharp has played early in the season I would say trade him for one

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TwistedWrister90
Thug Nasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KassiansMissingTooth View Post
Agreed. Thought there would have been a lot more hits and scrums. Maybe even a fight. Plus once the Nucks got the lead, they seemed content with the Hawks controlling the puck since they weren't doing anything with it. Aside from a few players, the Hawks were pretty sloppy overall.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:06 AM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post

The absolute last thing I'd want is a bum like Konopka to win faceoffs. If Chicago needs faceoff help, and they do, they should get someone who can make a larger impact.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

**** Q. Guy is a clown when it comes to shootouts. I get that Hossa has struggled, too, but there is no way you put Leddy and Sharp out there over Hossa, Frolik, and Saad. It's retarded to do any alternative.

However, tough to see Bolly in a bad way and for them to not cash in and not let it get to the point of a shootout.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:07 AM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Konroyd backing up Q's decision to put Leddy in 4th.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:07 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Just saw that final joke of a pp and the shootout. Reading how dull this one was I think I'll play Farcry instead of wasting my time.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:08 AM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Hossa should have gone, and why does Frolik not get a look ever, he buried that SO goal against Schneider 2 years ago.
Frolik has one more in the shootout. I like Frolik as much as anyone, but he shouldn't be going up and neither should Stalberg. Frolik's only move his backhand-forehand and Stalberg's only move his forehand-backhand. It's too predictable.

From now on, it should be:

Toews, Kane, Hossa, Saad and if it goes any further they should just go with who's hot/had a good game.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:08 AM
AmericanDream
Wakey Wakey Davey!!

Quote:
The absolute last thing I'd want is a bum like Konopka to win faceoffs. If Chicago needs faceoff help, and they do, they should get someone who can make a larger impact.
Konopka is a steal at his salary. he is what he is and he fits the role of 4th line center perfectly. hardly a bum.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:10 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Ah, look.. Q costs them another shootout.

Sharp is now 4-for-27 over the past 3 years. 4-for-27. Quenneville: Wake. The. ****. Up.

Brandon Saad and Marian Hossa had outstanding games, yet they sit while Sharp - who had a bad game AND is awful in the shootout - goes up 3rd.

SMH x 10000000.
The entire team is awful after Kane & Toews. No good options really. Yes it's time to give some other guys chances, though.

Kane sucked basically all night & got a goal so I'm sure people will say he had a good game.

Team ha golden opportunity with minute+ of 4-on-3 (which is significant edge over 5-on-4) and I don't even think they got a shot through to Luongo. That's sad and pathetic right there. Too much indecision on the PP from this group. Start firing pucks at the net.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Crows*

@sportsnetmurph: Kane on Luongo "I think he's a great competitor and to be honest with you I'm glad he's doing well because he seems like a really good guy"

Crows* is offline   Reply With Quote