Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 09:46 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Used Undecided's star as a jumping off point for an ultra-simple design.

Would buy this in a heartbeat.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Something like this...without the D and the neck-laces, of course.
Didn't Heika already say laces were going to be used on the new jersey or was that just speculation by him?

Old
02-01-2013, 10:25 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Didn't Heika already say laces were going to be used on the new jersey or was that just speculation by him?

Oh well, I'll buy one if it looks good. I just find the retro laces look quite tacky.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post

Oh well, I'll buy one if it looks good. I just find the retro laces look quite tacky.
I'm honestly asking so I could be wrong. I just remember laces coming up.

I actually like the look though.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:58 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I love laces on a jersey. Not really practical for actual on-ice use, but I love the look and it does make them more vintage.

I remember someone saying they were gonna be on there too.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Troy McClure

I hate laces on teams that aren't old enough for it to make sense for a fake throwback.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
I hate laces on teams that aren't old enough for it to make sense for a fake throwback.
Gaglardi wouldn't agree with that. He called Dallas an "Original 13" team. A term I've never heard but really made me laugh. Tommy rejects your 1993 trash. This team is 1967 (?hope that's right?) all the way.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:27 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
+1

I don't quite see this mindless establishment-driven obsession with retro-jerseys, that quite simply look fashionably awful.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Clardz

I wouldn't be surprised to see the collar laces as Gagliardi has said he's a "purist" and wants a "timeless, classic look"... hopefully that means some nice Blackhawks/NYR style stripes on the sleeves and hem

Old
02-02-2013, 12:24 AM
TrillMike

Put me on the "I hate laces" crowd. Had them on my jersey for 4 years. They're freaking awkward and pointless.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Gaglardi wouldn't agree with that. He called Dallas an "Original 13" team. A term I've never heard but really made me laugh. Tommy rejects your 1993 trash. This team is 1967 (?hope that's right?) all the way.

You'll notice the team is wearing a 20 year patch and not a 46 year patch.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
In Dallas. We've got a longer history, and that actually does mean something to a lot of fans.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:09 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Look ... I'm not arguing with you. I pointed out a statement that I found funny from the owner. I don't know anybody that refers to the Dallas Stars as an Original 13 team. It's an accurate statement, but it's a bit silly.

He made the statement specifically talking about the new jersey's as a reason why they needed to be classic and timeless ... because of the history of the team so it's relevant to bring up.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:34 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

I hope the new unis have no black. Just green and gold. Two colors is enough. Black is overused.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:51 AM
tjcurrie

Quote:
Look ... I'm not arguing with you. I pointed out a statement that I found funny from the owner. I don't know anybody that refers to the Dallas Stars as an Original 13 team. It's an accurate statement, but it's a bit silly.

He made the statement specifically talking about the new jersey's as a reason why they needed to be classic and timeless ... because of the history of the team so it's relevant to bring up.
Original 12 as we were in "The Next 6". Does make sense though. Our roots go back 46 years even if some strictly Dallas folk out there wanna deny it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Used Undecided's star as a jumping off point for an ultra-simple design.

Ill admit I havent been a fan of your previous ones but I like these. Would be extremely happy. Wouldnt mind a hint of black just to see, but Im back and forth on whether I prefer to have black or not. Either way good stuff. And seeing it just on here probably wouldnt do the actual uni justice.

Whats everyones opinions on helmets? Greeen or black? Or does it depend on how much black is used in the jersey?

Old
02-02-2013, 01:58 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Original 12 as we were in "The Next 6". Does make sense though. Our roots go back 46 years even if some strictly Dallas folk out there wanna deny it.
I get where it comes from, and I'm not denying anything.

Of all the games I've watched, press conferences, and radio interviews since I've been following the team in 1993, I don't recall a single Original 12 reference.

I was in in 3rd grade though back in '93. However, I remember Mrs. Rewarts, Amber my first crush, my first game being against the Canucks, not knowing what the hell a Canuck was .... but I could have missed all the heritage talk I guess ....

I thought it was an odd but interesting thing he mentioned, and I brought it up jokingly because of Tango's comment.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post

Ill admit I havent been a fan of your previous ones but I like these. Would be extremely happy. Wouldnt mind a hint of black just to see, but Im back and forth on whether I prefer to have black or not. Either way good stuff. And seeing it just on here probably wouldnt do the actual uni justice.

Whats everyones opinions on helmets? Greeen or black? Or does it depend on how much black is used in the jersey?
I prefer no black in the uniforms so green helmets and pants. I wouldn't mind thin black trim, but still wouldn't want black helmets.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:02 AM
tjcurrie

Quote:
I get where it comes from, and I'm not denying anything.

Of all the games I've watched, press conferences, and radio interviews since I've been following the team in 1993, I don't recall a single Original 12 reference.

I was in in 3rd grade though back in '93. However, I remember Mrs. Rewarts, Amber my first crush, my first game being against the Canucks, not knowing what the hell a Canuck was .... but I could have missed all the heritage talk I guess ....

I thought it was an odd but interesting thing he mentioned, and I brought it up jokingly because of Tango's comment.
Ya I hear ya. Ive been a fan since I was a wee guy in the early-mid 80s and I know lots of fans who are from '93 on and ones who go back further. Theres a definite difference. All equal in fan-dom, just different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
I prefer no black in the uniforms so green helmets and pants. I wouldn't mind thin black trim, but still wouldn't want black helmets.
Im in favor of green helmets myself. I know some are leery of that but seeing the team back in Minny when they had em I can honestly say the looked amazing on the ice. Of course everyone will have their opinion on that. As far as pants Im thinking black with stars down the sides like the wore in the late 80s-early 90s.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:25 AM
tjcurrie

I guess though to have black pants we'd probably need at least a bit of black in the jersey. So I guess theres my answer to that. But Im fine either way. All green and gold or green and gold with abit of black and black pants. But green helmets for sure.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:20 AM
ColeJ

i'm all for green helmets and pants, and NO black at all... but i wouldn't be upset if we looked like the cup-run north stars, and had black pants with green helmets and black trim on the sweaters.

but whatever. i'm just glad we're going with the lighter green and traditional looking uniforms. can't wait to see the new logo. and a few months ago i was terrified of how awful it would be. now i'm pumped.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:08 AM
BRoni

The Lakers sure count their time as a Minnesota team. No reason we shouldn't look at it the same way.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
While you were rightly distracted, I've also been a fan of the Stars since 1993. I was a season ticket holder for most of their seasons at Reunion. To be clear, there was no heritage talk at games, during broadcasts, or from the team. When it was time to talk team history (during period intermission jumbotron trivia games for example), the questions about history were always about Broten's goal against the Wings in game one of 1993 or Wakaluk sweeping the Blues or Cavallini's playoff game winner. They were never about Minnesota.

If Gaglardi wants to tap into the prior team's history, he will be the first to do so in 20 years. It's kind of odd to do that now when there is a team in Minnesota again. If you go see a Wild game (and you should because they put on an awesome show), they feature all kinds of clips and trivia and memorabilia from the North Stars. The place is full of old North Stars jerseys and photos. It would be silly for two teams to pretend they own that history, and to date, the Wild have been the ones proudly displaying that North Stars history.

Gaglardi wanting a classic look is fine by me. I don't want a fake throwback like the Avs did, but a jersey can be simple and still look great.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:32 AM
BRoni

Quote:
While you were rightly distracted, I've also been a fan of the Stars since 1993. I was a season ticket holder for most of their seasons at Reunion. To be clear, there was no heritage talk at games, during broadcasts, or from the team. When it was time to talk team history (during period intermission jumbotron trivia games for example), the questions about history were always about Broten's goal against the Wings in game one of 1993 or Wakaluk sweeping the Blues or Cavallini's playoff game winner. They were never about Minnesota.

If Gaglardi wants to tap into the prior team's history, he will be the first to do so in 20 years. It's kind of odd to do that now when there is a team in Minnesota again. If you go see a Wild game (and you should because they put on an awesome show), they feature all kinds of clips and trivia and memorabilia from the North Stars. The place is full of old North Stars jerseys and photos. It would be silly for two teams to pretend they own that history, and to date, the Wild have been the ones proudly displaying that North Stars history.

Gaglardi wanting a classic look is fine by me. I don't want a fake throwback like the Avs did, but a jersey can be simple and still look great.
You make some good points and it definitely is awkward. In sports if a franchise moves they generally take the history with them. I think Seattle has so many years to get an NBA team back until they have no claim over the history if I'm not mistaken. The Lakers have 5 championships that they won in Minnesota and the Timberwolves have no claim over them. North Stars gear is sold on both the Stars and Wild' sites. Definitely a bit strange.

For what it's worth, I've also never been to a Stars game and not seen at least 1 North Stars hat or shirt.

Last edited by BRoni: 02-02-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old
02-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoni View Post
For what it's worth, I've also never been to a Stars game and not seen at least 1 North Stars hat or shirt.
If you go to a Wild game, you'll see lots of North Stars gear being worn, and also a nice selection of it or sale in the Wild proshop.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:09 AM
tjcurrie

The unique thing about this franchise is that it kept the same name (basically) and uniforms after the move. Whereas teams like Carolina, Colorado, New Jersey, Phoenix, etc did complete overhauls. The Winnipeg Jets became the Phoenix Coyotes and dropped blue red and white for black, green, and some funky green. The Colorado Rockies became the New Jersey Devils and dropped blue red and yellow for red and green, and so on. Had we became the Dallas Longhorns and dropped the green gold and black for say red blue and silver, Im not 100% sure I woulda remained a fan. And I believe our fan base has more carryover fans than all the others.

We still own the same basic color scheme and theres nothing wrong with dipping in to our history. It doesnt need to be considered some kind of ode to Minnesota or anything. Just taking advantage of whats ours.

Closed Thread