HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 7 | St. Louis Blues vs. Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM EST | FS-D (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 10:39 PM
abparry87

vCash: 500
So I have never got to see a hat trick in a game as I wasnt in North America long enough and back in Australia. When you throw your hat over, is it gone forever? Seems like a big sacrifice as hockey hats arent the cheapest haha

Old
02-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
We were on the power play for like 2/3 of the game.*

* Slight exaggeration to make a point, not to be taken seriously.
Surprised to see that Big E only had 17:30. Seemed like he was on there way more but that's probably because of the ridiculous amount of PP time the Wings had.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Henkka

Nice job at the faceoff dot:

Zetterberg 60%
Datsyuk 52%
Filppula 67%
Abdelkader 63%
Emmerton 63%

Old
02-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by alConn View Post
Bad call or not, Detroit was the better team tonight and deserved to win.

Z was just the best player tonight. And deserved to win.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Mickey Redmond

Blues fans crying over the Backes call.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:39 AM
aar000n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Wings play 12 back-to-backs this year - I'm not expecting any sympathy from Wings fans if we lose on the end of a back to back so I give no sympathy to any other team playing them.
remember last year when we play nashville 3-4 times when they profited from the back to back nigh thing. Yeah well I do.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:47 AM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Redmond View Post
Why wouldn't they?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Mickey Redmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Why wouldn't they?
Good point, crying about bad calls should be expected on this board.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:19 AM
smurfyeah19

Detroit needs scoring from their bottom lines. It seems like the top 2 is doing it all

Old
02-02-2013, 01:27 AM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Quote:
I am crying about the call too..

That was totally BS.

Wings got lucky for that call to happen

imo, it should have been 2min or nothing.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:00 AM
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings85 View Post
I am crying about the call too..

That was totally BS.

Wings got lucky for that call to happen

imo, it should have been 2min or nothing.
It has nothing to do with luck. Bad calls happen, both ways, all the time, for every team.

It's not as if the Wings were down by 2 goals and scored 3 on the PP to win the game.

I feel bad for St Louis that the call happened because it was blatantly bad, but if teams and fans are going to pin a 60 minute game on one bad call that led to one goal, then they should stop playing or stop watching hockey, because that kind of thing is pretty regular in the NHL.

We just need to remember that when our team gets screwed again, to take it like adults and accept the fact that it happens, as frustrating as it is.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Good point, crying about bad calls should be expected on this board.

It has nothing to do with "this" board. Any fan base would react similarly under the same circumstances.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:28 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
It has nothing to do with "this" board. Any fan base would react similarly under the same circumstances.
I don't know, not every fan base would put on the tin foil hat and assume there is a "big market bias" in the league. Don't NHL fans know there team might lose games and bad calls will affect them positively and negatively?

Here is a perfect example.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:53 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyeah19 View Post
Detroit needs scoring from their bottom lines. It seems like the top 2 is doing it all
I honestly wouldnt mind the 4th line getting the third lines minutes. Emmerton has actually looked surprisingly ok, and Tootoo makes a difference everytime he is on the ice. Too bad Babcock obsession with Cleary and Abdelkader have them playing more minutes

Old
02-02-2013, 02:55 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukianDekes View Post
4-2-1

Can't say I'm disappointed with the performance so far this season
Not to be a downer, but nothing I have seen makes me waiver from my prediction of 6-9th and a first round exit

Old
02-02-2013, 02:59 AM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
I don't know, not every fan base would put on the tin foil hat and assume there is a "big market bias" in the league. Don't NHL fans know there team might lose games and bad calls will affect them positively and negatively?

Here is a perfect example.

Hi. I know it's the Detroit board, so I'm not really here to debate, rather just clarify my position.

It seems that the blues fan that is the biggest pusher of the "big market bias" idea is me.

I'd just like to point out that Chicago, as the third largest city in the United States, with, at the time of that hit, a financially unactivated fanbase, would be a perfect candidate for the "bias" problem I'm talking about.

My thought is that the NHL favors the teams that will make them the most money at any time. Chicago was an "unactivated" market after the years of ineptitude by the Wirtz clowns. Time to cash in.

When the 2011-12 Lock Out was looming, who won the Cup? The largest "unactivated" market in the United States, Los Angeles. Time to cash in.

It's a long-standing theory I've had about the NHL, and I very rarely see evidence against it, on or off the ice. And the theory is reinforced much more often than that.

Detroit is a big market in terms of Hockey, btw. Not traditionally thought of as a Big Market for much else, but Hockey, you guys buy-into the team as a city.

Like I said, I'm not trying to troll, I'm just clarifying that position.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:02 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7 View Post
Hi. I know it's the Detroit board, so I'm not really here to debate, rather just clarify my position.

It seems that the blues fan that is the biggest pusher of the "big market bias" idea is me.

I'd just like to point out that Chicago, as the third largest city in the United States, with, at the time of that hit, a financially unactivated fanbase, would be a perfect candidate for the "bias" problem I'm talking about.

My thought is that the NHL favors the teams that will make them the most money at any time. Chicago was an "unactivated" market after the years of ineptitude by the Wirtz clowns. Time to cash in.

When the 2011-12 Lock Out was looming, who won the Cup? The largest "unactivated" market in the United States, Los Angeles. Time to cash in.

It's a long-standing theory I've had about the NHL, and I very rarely see evidence against it, on or off the ice. And the theory is reinforced much more often than that.

Detroit is a big market in terms of Hockey, btw. Not traditionally thought of as a Big Market for much else, but Hockey, you guys buy-into the team as a city.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Can certainly see how you could think that coming from your point of view. I don't agree with it, but I can see how you could.

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-02-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old
02-02-2013, 03:05 AM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Can certainly see how you could think that coming from your point of view. I don't agree with it, but I can certainly see how you could.
Thanks, that's all I really ask from people. I know it seems like a "tinfoil hat" kind of thing, but I just keep seeing evidence for it. So all I ask is that people, well, like Aristotle said, entertain the thought without accepting it.

After cooling off tonight though, I think the Backes call was mostly just a bad call, without much bias. It's the back referee that calls it, he can't see what Backes hits... which is totally not a head... If the bias thing comes into play, it's the fact that that ref doesn't give Backes the benefit of the doubt, and gives him 5 and a game. But I really think it was just a blown call.

Some of the other calls tonight, not so much...

Old
02-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Mickey Redmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Not true at all. There are plenty of fan bases out there that have actually watched hockey for more than a couple of years and realize the officiating in the NHL is generally terrible and that sort of thing can happen from time to time. Same goes for other sports as well.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:13 AM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Thanks, that's all I really ask from people. I know it seems like a "tinfoil hat" kind of thing, but I just keep seeing evidence for it. So all I ask is that people, well, like Aristotle said, entertain the thought without accepting it.

After cooling off tonight though, I think the Backes call was mostly just a bad call, without much bias. It's the back referee that calls it, he can't see what Backes hits... which is totally not a head... If the bias thing comes into play, it's the fact that that ref doesn't give Backes the benefit of the doubt, and gives him 5 and a game. But I really think it was just a blown call.

Some of the other calls tonight, not so much...
If it's any condolences I would still be shocked if St. Louis didn't end up winning the Division.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:20 AM
blue bleeder 24-7

Quote:
If it's any condolences I would still be shocked if St. Louis didn't end up winning the Division.
Thanks. I think Chicago is (surprisingly) good as well. Just wondering who falls to Earth hardest, St. Louis or Chicago.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:00 AM
nik jr

Quote:
only 2 players of 3rd and 4th lines have even 1p, eaves and samuelsson, (both have assists), and eaves assist was on 5 on 3.

16 of 19g were scored by top 6 F's. other 3 by lashoff, white and ericsson.

Quote:
i would be surprised, not shocked, if chicago finished ahead of STL, but i would be shocked if STL and chicago were not 1st and 2nd in division.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:32 AM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
How about San Jose?

I'll take all the bad calls against other teams in the world, because as soon as I think about us playing SJ in the playoffs in 2011, I rage.
Those divers are the worst in the league. Hate the calls vs them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Nice job at the faceoff dot:

Zetterberg 60%
Datsyuk 52%
Filppula 67%
Abdelkader 63%
Emmerton 63%
Wow
Quote:
Seems like everybody has noticed this.
Quote:

Good point.
BTW, I have not seen any trolling for a quite long time. Most of the poster just discuss hockey. That's good.

As many have noticed our offense comes from our top lines, mostly from Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Interesting those 2 have 22 points and the rest of the team 33.
Hopefully we will get help from everybody.
Our special units still suck.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:41 AM
14ari13

What is interesting about the call is that Backes even bent down to avoid the head. What I believe made the refs call it is Backes coming from the blind side.
It was a bad call, no doubt.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:48 AM
Z40
High Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
only 2 players of 3rd and 4th lines have even 1p, eaves and samuelsson, (both have assists), and eaves assist was on 5 on 3.

16 of 19g were scored by top 6 F's. other 3 by lashoff, white and ericsson.
This. Our bottom six is awful.

The 3rd line is completely useless without Helm. Cleary is slow and ineffective. Abdelkader is physical but adds nothing else. Eaves is performing as expected, I guess. Cleary needs to be replaced by Sammy when he comes back.

The 4th line is effective at checking and wearing the opponent down. Emmerton has improved. Miller seems to be hitting harder and more often (from time spent in Scotland?). And Tootoo is a beast. Love his physicality.

Bottom line is, we're getting no scoring from them. Our top six can't carry the whole load every single night. These guys need to step up and be smarter with their forecheck to create more scoring chances.

Closed Thread