HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you fire Laviolette? (Philadelphia Daily News article dated March 12, 2013)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 01:03 AM
Slowbro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Reminds me of the comments made by the National Media about Andy Reid Can't wait to see that guy attempt to turn around the KC Chiefs... GOOD LUCK.

If someone wants Lavy and his 3 year max system, then they can be my guest. I'd never want a guy to coach my team who cannot seem to keep a job or keep his team effective for more than 3 years after he takes over.
the chiefs are a playoff team with a good QB...

Old
02-02-2013, 01:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
I wouldnt fire Laviolette but I think that Snider and Holmgren dont have much patience right now. too many kids are being forced into roles that they had little time to adjust to. Yeah it sucks that many of the key young guys are struggling at once but thats not on Lavi. Hes going with the hand thats been dealt him.
Add into it that the lines and def pairings got all knocked out of wack when Hartnell and Mez got hurt. Now if Simmonds is out for an extended time it could get even uglier. Cant really fault the coach for some of the bad luck thats gone on this year.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:28 AM
LegionOfDoom91

I still think the guy's a good coach . I think he at least survives till the end of the year. His fate depends on how the rest of the season goes IMO. If we go into rebuilding mode this offseason, i think they'll part ways.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:29 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowbro View Post
the chiefs are a playoff team with a good QB...
Matt Cassell sucks.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:06 AM
TheLegendkiller

So many awesome moments with Lavi. 0-3 doewn to Boston, Numerous time-outs, the fist-pump against the Pens, the freak out against the Pens, crushing Montreal, the fist-pump against Chicago, His intensity, ****. Those coaches are awesome. Lavi is always so badass.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
So many awesome moments with Lavi. 0-3 doewn to Boston, Numerous time-outs, the fist-pump against the Pens, the freak out against the Pens, crushing Montreal, the fist-pump against Chicago, His intensity, ****. Those coaches are awesome. Lavi is always so badass.
Punching Leino in the head!

Yeah...I have a lot of great memories of Lavi. But if the players no longer buy into him, what can we do?

Edit: One gets the sense that management expects him to alter his style. That's really not who he is.

02-02-2013, 06:23 AM
dats81

Can it get any worse?

Fire Lavi, see if a new face behind the bench can change anything for the better.
At this point I would even consider Joe Paterson - he made a ****** Phantoms squad look half decent last year. And if he fails, it's a short season anyway...

Old
02-02-2013, 08:56 AM
kimmofan44

isn't what we have been seeing what it looks like when a team is trying to get a coach fired( caps and pens recently) no motivation, no passion, just waiting for the game to be over... it reaks of "get us a new coach" doesn't it?

Old
02-02-2013, 09:32 AM
LI Fly Guy

He's not wearing orange ties anymore. He used to have one on very game.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
isn't what we have been seeing what it looks like when a team is trying to get a coach fired( caps and pens recently) no motivation, no passion, just waiting for the game to be over... it reaks of "get us a new coach" doesn't it?
Good point. It's most likely not intentional but coaches have short life spans. Just the nature of coaching.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
LI Fly Guy

As horrible as the team has looked, there are FORTY games left and we are only 4 points our of a playoff spot. Hopefully we can get things rolling. Chill the **** out.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Mota

I think if they lose tonight there is a pretty decent chance Lavi is gone. My money is on Tocchet to replace him.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Pierrot

Firing lavy makes absolutely no sense.. Come on guys, there is a game every two days. They don't even practice between those two days to let the players get their energy back.
In what world can you fix issues if you don't even have the time to work on them? Working the PP for half an hour at the morning skate might not really help that much..

I'm telling you, this team only need to win 2-3 games in a row to get their confidence back.

Wasn't a year where the flyers lost 10 games in a row, briere scored in the shootout and we still made a decent run in the playoff?

Old
02-02-2013, 10:57 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post
Firing lavy makes absolutely no sense.. Come on guys, there is a game every two days. They don't even practice between those two days to let the players get their energy back.
In what world can you fix issues if you don't even have the time to work on them? Working the PP for half an hour at the morning skate might not really help that much..

I'm telling you, this team only need to win 2-3 games in a row to get their confidence back.

Wasn't a year where the flyers lost 10 games in a row, briere scored in the shootout and we still made a decent run in the playoff?
the turnovers just look sad and pathetic especially at the end of the game last night down by only a goal. and after two days off? i'm not for firing him cause i know they'll just promote terry murray which is a backwards move but they are not as bad as they've looked. its definitely at least a combination of things including coaching. i think we stick with him through this year but we aint nashville or buffalo. those guys at this point are just scared to fire their coaches.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Bort Sampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrot View Post

I'm telling you, this team only need to win 2-3 games in a row to get their confidence back

The only problem with that logic is that there's no indication that they can play 2-3 games in a row well.

And the Flyers I believe lost 10 games in a row after being in a playoff spot. They're not in one right now, have played more games than most other teams, and are still sitting in last.

They're not falling, they're just not going anywhere. Last night was a chance at some points. It didn't happen, there's no excuse.

Tonight will be a real test. Both teams played last night and they're at home, so if this game's not a fight, I'd say Homer and Snider start looking around for options. Not to say they'll fire Laviolette, but if they find a suitable option, they'll probably do it. This organization has no problems with making humongous personnel changes, and this would be minor in comparison to most.

I don't care at this point. I like Lavi and I'm still happy hockey is back. Just watching them this season's been a treat.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:12 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Wrong thread.

Sorry for sucking

Last edited by orange is better: 02-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 12:16 PM
BillDineen

I think if the Flyers lose 2-3 straight from here they may fire him. It may or not be the right decision, but I think it happens. They were given more time in 94-95, but were 1-6-1 in 2006-7 when Hitchcock was fired. I also think Murray would be the new head coach.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Heartbreakkid

As much as I hate to say it the thought has to be there

Old
02-02-2013, 12:51 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Punching Leino in the head!

Yeah...I have a lot of great memories of Lavi. But if the players no longer buy into him, what can we do?

Edit: One gets the sense that management expects him to alter his style. That's really not who he is.
Do we think that's what's happening on the ice? The team does seem a little better defensively, overall. But clearly if that's what's going on, it's not worth it. It'd be another shortsighted move by management.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:55 PM
SuchySays

sigh, I really thought Laviolette was the guy to get this team a cup... he almost did..

hopefully they go ham today, and turn it around.

he looked pretty ****ing out of it last night after the game though.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Slowbro

to those saying don't fire laviolette:

why not? it is pretty obvious he isn't going to be the one to win a cup here.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Flyerfan4life

did u see Lavis presser after the Caps loss ???

he looks like a guy who just got his walking papers...hes just waiting for the noose to lower on his neck at this point..

Old
02-02-2013, 01:29 PM
hockeyfreak7

The only scenario where I would be okay seeing Laviolette go is if Tortorella was fired by NYR and hired as our replacement.

Otherwise I would not be comfortable with any of the other options behind the bench.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:36 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
The only scenario where I would be okay seeing Laviolette go is if Tortorella was fired by NYR and hired as our replacement.

Otherwise I would not be comfortable with any of the other options behind the bench.
Imagine the switch of the two coaches.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:38 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Imagine the switch of the two coaches.
Tortorella for Laviolette + a 2nd?

Closed Thread