HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cory Schneider

Old
02-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Schneider for Holtby + a forward should have some traction.

Get Luongo a younger, cheaper, backup, and add depth that the Canucks need to replace injured guys right now, and that will be useful for the playoffs.
Fortunately, we already how accurate your analysis of players' value tends to be. If Schneider is dealt to Washington. That plus would be Forsberg.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:02 AM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveMind View Post
Some Vancouver fans never got off the Luongo bandwagon, myself included. Having said that, Schneider is here to stay, at least going by rhetoric of the organization and trade chatter.

In the meantime, I'm happy with both tenders wearing the Canucks uniform!
i agree with you after thinking about it with a cold mind i think we need to keep both of them

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:16 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

What's the rush in appointing Cory Schneider as the starter in Vancouver? I never got that. Because the Canucks failed to show up against the Kings, the blame fell on Luongo? Despite his impressive stats in limited viewings, Schneider hasn't been battle tested as a starter for a long period of time.

You also have to consider this: Schneider is 26 and locked up for another two years, with his deal expiring in 2015. Luongo is 33, which isn't too old for goalies, and probably has another five to seven years of hockey left in him. However, he has nine years left on his contract after this season. The Canucks can play out this tandem for another season or two then settle on their starting goalie as opposed to making a rushed decision.

And given the recent play of Luongo, it only helps increase his value and Vancouver's asking price for him. Gillis is smart in waiting this out and not forcing his own hand in making a rash decision. A team desperate for solid goaltending may pony up a hefty package to get a goalie who is locked up to a long term deal.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:20 AM
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Settle for futures? Ya maybe if those futures are future stars. Schneider is worth a ton. For Schneider a first round pick and a young ready to break out blue chip future star player.
I've always been an advocate for keeping Luongo but your right we're not giving Schneider away for nothing. Columbus might have enough to land Schneider. I think Ryan Johanson would qualify as a future star, Columbus does have 3 - 1st round picks and with Lack having hip surgery Mason would look good backing up Luongo

JayBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
The main post is funny.

Schneider is gonna get a huge package if you trade him.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:24 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Can it be called a panic thread if it's something unexpectedly good?

Either way, it's way too soon to start shopping him ASAP. Gillis will be patient, as he should.
Shopping? Gillis already knows what teams were willing to give up for Schneider last season. He'll have a damn good idea of what he'll be able to get back for Schneider without even having to shop him this season.

luongo321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:27 AM
patrick

Isles offer Okposo, Strome, DiPietro, Poulin and 2014 #3.
Van would have to buy out DP this summer.

patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Schnider to TO for macartutr
lolololololololololololololololollolololololololol olololololololollololololololololololololololololl olololololololololololololololollololololololololo lololololololollolololololololololololololololollo lololololololololololololololollololololololololol ololololololollolololololololololololololololollol ololololololololololololololollolololololololololo lolololololollolololololololololololololololollolo lolololololololololololololollolololololololololol olololololollolololololololololololololololollolol olololololololololololololollololololololololololo lololololollolololololololololololololololollololo lololololololololololololollololololololololololol ololololollolololololololololololololololollololol ololololololololololololollolololololololololololo lolololollolololololololololololololololol

no

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Lol after 6 games. Vancouver is becoming worse than Montreal.
Please this guy doesn't represent our fan base.

Schneider is still our guy going forward although as a long time Luongo fan I am really happy to see him doing well.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Schnider to TO for macartutr

Alright lets also trade Gardiner for Cam Barker while we are at it.

Quote:
If Schneider isn't going to be traded to add depth, then realistically, he's not going to be traded until the offseason... at which point, he'll probably be traded to add depth, or a couple picks.
Realistically, Schneider isn't going to be traded at all.

And if Schneider ever is traded it will be for an overpayment as our organization has every desire to move forward with him and won't move him unless the deal is just remarkably good.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Steve Bennett*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinikanthfan1 View Post
Luongo is our official starter

willing to take a prospect, pick, anything!!! i want him out of my team!!!
Not happening, some of the Pen fans begging for Luongo already offered us Neal, Vokoun and a 1st in exchange for Lu. But the way he's playing right now they may have to throw in another couple draft picks to sweeten the deal. I'd take it...

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Neal Kesler Booth
Higgins Schroeder Burrows
Weise Malhotra Hansen

Lapierre Volpatti Antoski Ebbett

Steve Bennett* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:34 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

Schneider will be the Canucks #1 goaltender by the end of this season and for many years in the future.

Luongo is a great goaltender, and he's raising his value by playing some good hockey, but he's still going to be traded.

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:45 AM
lawrence

Thread was created with intentions of giving other Canucks haters an oppurtunity to
slam Schnieder by saying what they think he's worth. If its HFboards, all Canucks players are not worth anything.

They will start off by saying stuff like

"hes unproven, and I will give you a 2nd round pick." , or he's not worth much, or 'hes overrated' in those lines. Author of thread is probably not even a Canucks fan. Cause if he did, he wouldn't even make this thread. Moderators should really consider closing this thread, and its not really necessary.

Incase you haters really think he's worth a (2nd round pick and no more) true story, Avalanche offered Vancouver their 11th pick for Cory Schneider in 2011. MIke Gillis declined it.

Both goalies are here to stay, and we are better off with both goalies. End thread please.

lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:48 AM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

How quickly things change around here...

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:00 AM
HappyGilmourr

Value wise? Not saying these teams would do this - I wouldn't do it for the TO perspective just stating the value.

Toronto - JVR

Calgary - Glencross + 1st (lottery protected)

New Jersey - Clarkson + 1st

Winnipeg - Little + 1st

Columbus - Dubinsky + 2nd + 3rd

Edmonton - Ganger + Paajarvi

I value CS pretty highly - Good goaltending is at an time low right now. There would have to be good motive for the Nucks. If they traded one away and than say the other got injured and went on IR there season would be over. Not that I would care if that ever happened.

Last edited by HappyGilmourr: 02-02-2013 at 04:08 AM.
HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinikanthfan1 View Post
Luongo is our official starter

willing to take a prospect, pick, anything!!! i want him out of my team!!!
just

discraceful thread

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Value wise? Not saying these teams would do this - I wouldn't do it for the TO perspective just stating the value.

Toronto - JVR

Calgary - Glencross + 1st (lottery protected)

New Jersey - Clarkson + 1st

Winnipeg - Little + 1st

Columbus - Dubinsky + 2nd + 3rd

Edmonton - Ganger + Paajarvi

I value CS pretty highly - Good goaltending is at an time low right now. There would have to be good motive for the Nucks. If they traded one away and than say the other got injured and went on IR there season would be over. Not that I would care if that ever happened.
If these are offers for Schneider I likely wouldn't do any to be quite honest. The Toronto & Winnipeg offers are intriguing as JVR has prior Chemistry with Jordan Schroeder and I am a big Little fan, but if fair value for Cory was something like Malone and 1st (Which Nick Kypreos mention) last season, then it would have risen now no? These are pretty much the same.

If I were a Leafs fan I would do JVR for Schneider in an instant, and I'm a JVR fan.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:12 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
If he is traded in the offseason it won't be for depth, because that is the point of free agency where you can sign depth for free. Realistically you have no idea what either goalie could be traded for.
If Schneider is the one to be traded, it will be because he has once again failed to win the starting job. Teams aren't going to part with top tier assets for a young goalie who continues to fail in making the jump to being a #1. Sergei Bobrovksy & Semyon Varlamov would probably be good benchmarks as to what to expect for a guy who can't win a starting job (although, in the latter case, I suspect the Avs don't make that trade again). Halak would also be a decent benchmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think we won't trade either goalie this season unless an impact player is coming the other way. In the offseason we may settle for futures, depending on how our roster performs when fully healthy.
Exactly. Both goalies are likely around for the rest of this season unless basically a perfect deal comes up (where you get a goalie + some immidiate help). In the offseason, you make your choice, and trade the other for whoever you can get.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:32 AM
Ciccio1980

This is going to get ugly
You got luongo who wants out and is starting
What happens when you put Schneider in and loses bad
You'll have to go with luongo

Ciccio1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccio1980 View Post
This is going to get ugly
You got luongo who wants out and is starting
What happens when you put Schneider in and loses bad
You'll have to go with luongo
What's happens when he gets a shutout or plays great!

Lol you so silly

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Settle for futures? Ya maybe if those futures are future stars. Schneider is worth a ton. For Schneider a first round pick and a young ready to break out blue chip future star player.
Not a chance you get that return for Schneider. Whether he's worth it or not isn't the point. It's just not what any team will give up.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
IceCapsFanNL

This Jets fan would send little plus a first for CS

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Not a chance you get that return for Schneider. Whether he's worth it or not isn't the point. It's just not what any team will give up.
How do you know? You been making phone calls?

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:15 AM
NYVanfan

Gillis must trade one of them before next season. Wil the cap going down it simply wont work to carry both keepers next year.

I think the way Luo has been playing has pushed the equation a little closer to 50/50 as regards who will be moved, but frankly imo Luo's professionalism through all this and Gillis' regard for him have made it more a possibility than most assume that Schneids could be the one moved all along.

Schneider was not gven a NTC in the summer, and is being paid handsomely. Some contend he would no have signed that deal were not 'promises made', but thats conjecture, and i dont believe Gillis operates that way.

Luongo did approach MG after the painful LA loss and ask to be moved, and is on record as having said "maybe its time to move on", but thats the extent of the discord. He showed up early for camp, showed up for the team charity golf event, and has been nothing but pro throughout. I contend just because he indicated he'd like to be moved then does not necessitate that he still feels the same way now.

While Schneids' age is a main factor in favoring him, I think Gillis has been very consistent and up front that his #1 goal is to upgrade the team the best way he can, and if the offer is low for Luo but high for Schneids, i fully expect the latter to be moved. Luo's recent play is making it more interesting, but i think it only plays into Gillis' hand, esp as other teams have goalie issues bubble up ....

By the way, in 2 more seasons Schneider will be a UFA....

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
If Schneider is the one to be traded, it will be because he has once again failed to win the starting job. Teams aren't going to part with top tier assets for a young goalie who continues to fail in making the jump to being a #1. Sergei Bobrovksy & Semyon Varlamov would probably be good benchmarks as to what to expect for a guy who can't win a starting job (although, in the latter case, I suspect the Avs don't make that trade again). Halak would also be a decent benchmark.
The flaw in your argument is it relies on GMs disregarding Schneider being outplayed by a top five goalie in the league who is absolutely on fire. Every analyst worth that salt has cited Schneider among the best young goalies in the league for quite some time. He will garner a better return than Varlamov or Halak.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote