HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Washington - Toronto

Old
02-01-2013, 09:22 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly7 View Post
Anaheim crashes the party and trades

Corey Perry

for

Ovechkin

At the trade Deadline.
No chance anaheim wants that contract

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Teatowel View Post
Actually, given that the Leafs wouldn't be giving up any proven assets, the Caps would be exceptionally stupid to do this.

IF Ovechkin were to be traded, it would either to be a whole load more futures than that or with at least with one proven and desirable player. I think it would be more akin to the Nash to NYR trade, with a bit more coming from the team getting Ovechkin.

Mind you, with his contract at this moment in time, it's probably a non-starter.
Not that I'm advocating any Ovechkin to Toronto deal, but if Ovechkin gets dumped, I would imagine he gets traded the way Jaromir Jagr did to Washington. You get three prospects who probably aren't blue chip, but who slot somewhere beneath Kuznetsov and probably even Forsberg in terms of quality.

Washington then rolls into the future with Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Carlson, Alzner Player A, Player B, Player C in tow.

I would imagine Mike Green getting the boot as well.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Jaded-Fan

............if Ovechkin turns his game around, the Caps will not trade him, and rightly so.

............if Ovechkin keeps playing as he has no team is taking on that $9.5 million per year cap hit and salary for many years, on the off chance that a change of scenery is all that he needs. And rightly so.

I am not sure what else needs to be said here.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Why would we do this, we need to do the opposite.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Wondering how many more topics like this I'll see. So Ovi is playing with Crabb and Beagle let's go ask about his value

I would love to hear who could possibly be PPG playing with Crabb and Beagle (and it must be real name in real league)

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:50 PM
patrick

Isles offer Okposo, Strome, DiPietro, 2013 #1 2014 #2 for Ovi.
Caps would have to buy out DP this summer.

patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:54 PM
De Montreal
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post
Montreal jumps in with;

Tinordi
Collberg
Bourque (salary)
1st 2013
Ovechkin comes in Habs dressing room and immediatly destroys everything Marc Bergevin have built. Just not a good fit for the Canadiens.

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

I'm already putting on my flame retardant suit, but oh well...

People keep saying "ermahgerd he's still worth like your teams best player and all these prospects and stuff", but I really think that's BS. I don't know if OV ever becomes a 50 goal scorer again, I really don't. In fact, I see him being a 70-80 point player.

I'd love him to regain his old form (as he's exciting and I also have him in my fantasy league), but I don't know. I certainly wouldn't give up Karlsson or anything for him.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:25 AM
nik-

9.5 a year until 2021 .... damn.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 AM
BWJM

I still wouldn't want him on my team, giving how much he shoots the puck to how much he scores now.. no thanks.

BWJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Our guys just didn't get open. Yes, you played good D, but that doesn't take away Ovi's fantastic skating and stickhandling on that play and all night long. He won like 3 or 4 potential icing chases.
huh? He skated some circles and did nothing with the puck. That's fantastic skating a stickhandling? the Leafs just let him skate around because he wasn't a threat. He looked nothing like his old self and was invisible last night. I'm not sure which game you were watching. He scored a goal that Reimer should have had. Does he seriously look like the highest paid player in the league to you? If I'm a Caps fan I'm concerned about this guy.

Man Bear Pig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:38 AM
hockeyguy

would the flyers be willing to move coots++ for Ovechkin to help out G on the wing?

hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:14 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
huh? He skated some circles and did nothing with the puck. That's fantastic skating a stickhandling? the Leafs just let him skate around because he wasn't a threat. He looked nothing like his old self and was invisible last night. I'm not sure which game you were watching. He scored a goal that Reimer should have had. Does he seriously look like the highest paid player in the league to you? If I'm a Caps fan I'm concerned about this guy.
He did "nothing with the puck" because he was tightly guarded and other Caps just didn't move their feet. He shouldn't be blamed for that, but he gave them more than enough time. They were just standing and looking. Good luck with that.
He was invisible for you because you were looking at another team I think.
Another very good game for Ovi last night. He was clearly the most dangerous player on the ice and his line with Wolski and Ribeiro had a whole lot of chances. And his 7 SOG are pretty impressive. Clearly his best game yet, it's a shame he didn't find the net and Wolski missed on his tremendous pass.
Ovechkin steadily improves with each game, very few shifts now when he gets locked up in his own zone like it often happened with him and Backstrom early last year and in the first few games this season.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:26 AM
hockeyguy

Quote:
He did "nothing with the puck" because he was tightly guarded and other Caps just didn't move their feet. He shouldn't be blamed for that, but he gave them more than enough time. They were just standing and looking. Good luck with that.
Another very good game for Ovi last night. He was clearly the most dangerous player on the ice and his line with Wolski and Ribeiro had a whole lot of chances. And his 7 SOG are pretty impressive. Clearly his best game yet, it's a shame he didn't find the net and Wolski missed on his tremendous pass.
Ovechkin steadily improves with each game, very few shifts now when he gets locked up in his own zone like it often happened with him and Backstrom early last year and in the first few games this season.
i agree i was wondering why ribeiro hadn't been playing on a line with ovechkin after the right wing experiment failed and they broke up backstrom and ovechkin. riberio's passing skills will lead to better scoring chances for ovechkin which will hopefully increase his point output along with the fact that he's been a slow starter over recent years

hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
If last night was one of OV's better games then he's playing worse than I thought. I remember what Ovechkin used to play like. He was a dynamic,creative,explosive player. He's none of that anymore. I was looking at another team? how is that even possible? are you listening to yourself? 99% of hockey fans would tell you, if they watched him the other night he was invisible. It's a shame really, he's one of my favorite players. You probably think I'm just hating on the guy when I'm not. He just looks like a shadow of his old self. The old OV would have dominated that game.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:07 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
If last night was one of OV's better games then he's playing worse than I thought. I remember what Ovechkin used to play like. He was a dynamic,creative,explosive player. He's none of that anymore. I was looking at another team? how is that even possible? are you listening to yourself? 99% of hockey fans would tell you, if they watched him the other night he was invisible. It's a shame really, he's one of my favorite players. You probably think I'm just hating on the guy when I'm not. He just looks like a shadow of his old self. The old OV would have dominated that game.
By last night now I mean the game vs PHI for the record.
He was pretty good against TOR and better vs PHI.
Again - Ovechkin is a slow starter, last year he started off even worse. Finished it well. You will say that he played in the K earlier. He played for a coach known for his tough, exhausting practices. This team (Dynamo) goes through major slumps mid-season every year and only having 8 & 19 on the roster saved them from slumping this year. Rest of the team was awful and they have kind of lost the pace now when Ovi and Nick are gone. Dynamo team is built for postseason and it gave result last year. And such conditioning has sure affected both Ovechkin and Backstrom. Before last night Nick was even worse than Alex. I think Znarok's conditioning in Dynamo has to play a big role in it.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:56 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
By last night now I mean the game vs PHI for the record.
He was pretty good against TOR and better vs PHI.
Again - Ovechkin is a slow starter, last year he started off even worse. Finished it well. You will say that he played in the K earlier. He played for a coach known for his tough, exhausting practices. This team (Dynamo) goes through major slumps mid-season every year and only having 8 & 19 on the roster saved them from slumping this year. Rest of the team was awful and they have kind of lost the pace now when Ovi and Nick are gone. Dynamo team is built for postseason and it gave result last year. And such conditioning has sure affected both Ovechkin and Backstrom. Before last night Nick was even worse than Alex. I think Znarok's conditioning in Dynamo has to play a big role in it.
Lots of players start slow. Okay, no biggy. How do explain the red flag that is a consistent drop in points over the past few years? It's been a steady decline. Franchise players don't do that on the right side of 30.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:09 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Lots of players start slow. Okay, no biggy. How do explain the red flag that is a consistent drop in points over the past few years? It's been a steady decline. Franchise players don't do that on the right side of 30.
I'm not saying Ovechkin is the same he was 4 or 5 years ago, all I say is that he had the same thing last year and almost hit 40 which is very good for any player with any contract.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:27 AM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 1000
I don't understand how in a thread titled "Ovechkin for Futures" people are expecting Ovechkin to actually net the team anything more than spare parts... that's generally what "futures" are.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Defense

Bump

Washington 2-7-1 still in last place with 5 points, losing to the Leafs twice in a weeks time.

Is it a rebuilding year?

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote