HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No more triple low five

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 AM
  #351
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
So bloody stupid, when I first read this on CBC I thought it was a joke. Therrien is an idiot and still don't see him as being the right choice to lead this team.
When immature people like you are so mad about this, maybe it's the right thing to take it off. Therrien is the wrong choice for coach because he wants to take away the low five? lol

Let's win games, have a good sportmanship and great team spirit.

I don't mind a little showmanship but I'd like to see it when it's deserved.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:06 AM
  #352
habsrule4eva3089
Registered User
 
habsrule4eva3089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
double post

habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:06 AM
  #353
habsrule4eva3089
Registered User
 
habsrule4eva3089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Another reason why this organization should fail. Yup, your a team! Sheesh can't believe Pk has to waste his career here and not show his spirit off. Hope he signs to another team in 2 years. The nhl is already filled with these farm boys from Canada and the one Black guy who has a personality is being banned from using it, great sense morons. It's not his fault everyone on this team is boring. Can't wait until the end of the season after another failed year, we'll see what this team's about

And no racism at all meant, I'm not white, it's just being factual, there's no personality in this game and sport with all those others guys who are all the ''same''


Last edited by habsrule4eva3089: 02-02-2013 at 01:14 AM.
habsrule4eva3089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:27 AM
  #354
lamp9post
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
Another reason why this organization should fail. Yup, your a team! Sheesh can't believe Pk has to waste his career here and not show his spirit off. Hope he signs to another team in 2 years. The nhl is already filled with these farm boys from Canada and the one Black guy who has a personality is being banned from using it, great sense morons. It's not his fault everyone on this team is boring. Can't wait until the end of the season after another failed year, we'll see what this team's about

And no racism at all meant, I'm not white, it's just being factual, there's no personality in this game and sport with all those others guys who are all the ''same''
Looking at your avatar, I assume your a team Canada fan. Wouldn't it be great to see PK make team Canada as a member of the Habs? Won't happen until PK becomes less of a media darling and more of a dominant, no-nonsense defenseman, which he has more than enough potential to become.

Edit: Price too while we're at it. He's 1/2 of the triple low 5. Although given Price's personality, I don't think he's sweating the situation either way. Subban probably isn't either, but hey, we need to b*%$h about something, right?


Last edited by lamp9post: 02-02-2013 at 01:35 AM.
lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:02 AM
  #355
FinnHab
Registered User
 
FinnHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: overseas...
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
So Subbans career in Montreal is ruined because Therrien banned his low five? Unbelievable. Part of the Habs fan base clearly thinks Subban IS the team, not just part of the team. Sickening. Subbans purpose to be constantly under the fans and media spotlight is so transparent and obvious. There is reason why management wanna tackle on that issue.

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:35 AM
  #356
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamp9post View Post
Looking at your avatar, I assume your a team Canada fan. Wouldn't it be great to see PK make team Canada as a member of the Habs? Won't happen until PK becomes less of a media darling and more of a dominant, no-nonsense defenseman, which he has more than enough potential to become.
Your argument:
He can't become a great defenseman unless he loses his personality.

Reality:
Subban's personality is the reason he is becoming a great defenseman. He is a player who was picked in the 2nd round, and even a year after being drafted people thought he would be a 3rd pairing PP specialist at best. Instead he has become a dominant physical force at both ends.

As he said in his beautiful interview with the Gazette, when an opposing player enters the Habs zone, all he can think about it killing them. That's his personality. He is a warrior who wants to win, and he thinks about hockey in his dreams. He has that desire for excellence, and he enjoys victory more than he enjoys losing.

It is because he cares, and not in spite of the fact he cares, that he might become a hall of famer one day.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:38 AM
  #357
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Your argument:
He can't become a great defenseman unless he loses his personality.

Reality:
Subban's personality is the reason he is becoming a great defenseman. He is a player who was picked in the 2nd round, and even a year after being drafted people thought he would be a 3rd pairing PP specialist at best. Instead he has become a dominant physical force at both ends.

As he said in his beautiful interview with the Gazette, when an opposing player enters the Habs zone, all he can think about it killing them. That's his personality. He is a warrior who wants to win, and he thinks about hockey in his dreams. He has that desire for excellence, and he enjoys victory more than he enjoys losing.

It is because he cares, and not in spite of the fact he cares, that he might become a hall of famer one day.
N.O. no.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:39 AM
  #358
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
How two guys triple fiving makes them closer to the fans?
Great idea! Subban should triple five some fans after each victory (home or not home!) instead of only Price.

Also for the team...Therrien should take henglish lessons to remove dat terrible haccent, so de team/players can focus on da things de coach his saying hinstead hof is hugly haccent.

Therrien's hugly haccent...no excuses!


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-02-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:51 AM
  #359
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
When immature people like you are so mad about this, maybe it's the right thing to take it off. Therrien is the wrong choice for coach because he wants to take away the low five? lol

Let's win games, have a good sportmanship and great team spirit.

I don't mind a little showmanship but I'd like to see it when it's deserved.
I'm really stuck in between Subban and Therrien, but leaning towards Subban.
Not picking on you or your post...but what is an example of ''a little showmanship'' that a players has shown? what is permitted? what isn't? and says who? The players should write a showmanship etiquette handbook...it'll be publised by Don Cherry!

I actually dislike show-offs to a certain extent...but for fun it can be pretty funny/amusing if you don't mean anything by it...just enjoying the sport and something called a free spirit.

I prefer Therrien say ''everyone keep penalties to a minimum...even the ones who draw penalties...discipline for the team''.

Creativity/originality is not allowed in the NHL?
Maybe Subban belongs in L.A.?

This sort of reminds me of Wimbledon and Agassi's jean shorts...
He skippped a year but had to conform to the all-white rule to play again so he did and won it while wearing all-white, but...as soon as Wimbledon was over...he put his jean shorts back on again.
McEnroe was a bad boy in the sometimes very snobby tennis world (a world filled with people who think their S***T don't stink!)...lots of people miss McEnroe, his huge ego/big-jerk style arguing/shouting, and his artistic tennis style.

Still...I don't know if it's right to tell someone to change their style of celebrating! Is this the first time? never heard of a coach who tells his player to stop high-fiving his goalie! And to the person who said you could high five when you win a Cup...no! Therrien will say ''I said no! no to high fives! not even now! you lift the ****ing Cup like everyone else and be happy/smile and that's it, ok! no ****ing high fives here!''.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 02-02-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:10 AM
  #360
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
I like this decision and I am sure many of Subban's teammates would also agree. I think Bergevin's vision for this team is in line with the Devils and Red Wings where the team concept and adhering to the system are paramount.

It is no coincidence that the Devils and Wings develop complete hockey players, who are winners and part of the reason is the professional atmosphere that the players are immersed in. The Patriots in the NFL, and the Spurs in the NBA are also very similar organizations with similar team/system concepts. These teams are able to consistently attain and maintain success due to the culture that they have developed.

The Canadiens are supposed to be a class organization that is respected throughout the sporting world.....this is definitely a step in that direction.

The Canadiens are expected to win and these juvenile celbrations are useless in this market as gimmicks are not required to sell tickets and create interest...........winning is everything, winning is all.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:18 AM
  #361
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Your argument:
He can't become a great defenseman unless he loses his personality.

Reality:
Subban's personality is the reason he is becoming a great defenseman. He is a player who was picked in the 2nd round, and even a year after being drafted people thought he would be a 3rd pairing PP specialist at best. Instead he has become a dominant physical force at both ends.

As he said in his beautiful interview with the Gazette, when an opposing player enters the Habs zone, all he can think about it killing them. That's his personality. He is a warrior who wants to win, and he thinks about hockey in his dreams. He has that desire for excellence, and he enjoys victory more than he enjoys losing.

It is because he cares, and not in spite of the fact he cares, that he might become a hall of famer one day.
I'll change might to will.
(but Cherry might do everything in his power to stop Subban from making it to the Hall of Fame...up to me he's already in the Hall of Fame...never been so entertained by a Hab dman...never! yet Subban is being castrated here).

Subban has his style but what people are trying to tell him but are afraid to is...''Subban this ain't the NBA...this ain't the NFL! we don't like your kind in our sport''. It is a ****ed up ''culture'' 'cause you're allowed to get away with almost killing a player (Chara on Pacioretty), but you're considered an arrogant fool for triple fiving a goalie after a victory. Subban is not right, but Colin Campbell is right...****ed up.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:56 AM
  #362
Rickkins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 565
vCash: 500
Lame decision on the coach's part. Trying to control things he has no business controlling.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:19 AM
  #363
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I like this decision and I am sure many of Subban's teammates would also agree. I think Bergevin's vision for this team is in line with the Devils and Red Wings where the team concept and adhering to the system are paramount.

It is no coincidence that the Devils and Wings develop complete hockey players, who are winners and part of the reason is the professional atmosphere that the players are immersed in. The Patriots in the NFL, and the Spurs in the NBA are also very similar organizations with similar team/system concepts. These teams are able to consistently attain and maintain success due to the culture that they have developed.

The Canadiens are supposed to be a class organization that is respected throughout the sporting world.....this is definitely a step in that direction.

The Canadiens are expected to win and these juvenile celbrations are useless in this market as gimmicks are not required to sell tickets and create interest...........winning is everything, winning is all.
So Robots.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:22 AM
  #364
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,498
vCash: 500
Since we have NO IDEA what's going on in the dressing room....and what if this was coming from DA PLAYERS??? Therrien is obviously taking the lead here as he should instead of throwing his players under the bus after all those reports that Subban isn't loved and all....so what if the players want to see Subban acquire some maturity and humility before being able to do something like that? And talked to Therrien about it who just executed it, surely thinking it was a good idea. Just throwing this out there....

Personnally, I didn't mind it. But at one point, to act like you're a winner can you at least....be a winner? Before Price makes his "I'm the hero" in the shootout...can he at least....stops some pucks in the shootout? All those antics do not go with how pathetic to average we've been in the past 18 years or so. Regroup, take care of business and then acc accordingly. As of now, as an organization, there's nothing to gloat or parade about. Especially when you had a team like the Wings who had the success they had in the past. Especially since how great our arch enemy Boston has become and can be for the next 5-10 years.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:00 AM
  #365
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
that would definitely be the "best case scenario"...

but then, the question that comes up is: Why go public with it in a press conference?

if MT is media saavy, then he'd have to know that going public about the triple-low-5 ban would reflect negatively on Subban (essentially calling it out as an excessive/individualistic antic), at a time where there is a swirling media vibe around the young player AND at a time when he's coming off of a hold-out situation.

why not just make the decision internally, and if/when the media starts asking questions (which would happen post game), downplay it and easily move on to another immediate subject (i.e "tonight's win".)

by bringing up the ban in a press conference, on a non-game day, while the kid is still the #1 topic b/c he just signed and hasn't played yet, MT is either media-blind, or, more likely, knew exactly what he was doing...

and the reaction right here to the announcement says it all... skepticism about how the team views him.

so if you're right, and MT is media saavy, then the decision pretty much reaffirms that he/MB are trying to win some power perceived power stuggle and "put the player in his place".

if you're wrong, MT made a pretty silly media blunder, which then brings up the question of wether he actually did mature since his first stint, or is he just as overly emotional and stubborn as he was when we last fired him.


either way, not a good sign imo... should have just kept it internal.


I want badly for this new leadership to be the solution to our 20 year problem, and some signs are good... but the way they are handling this situation is pointing to a very dubious mentality... it's really not that hard. Collect talent, manage it well, make the most of every asset...
Like I said, I don't really know what's going on, I just put a different spin on it.

However, from what I was told, Therrien isn't the one that came out with it. He told Price and PK internally. It's a reporter that asked Price about the triple low five, to which Carey answered it wasn't going to happen anymore, so it was then asked to Therrien and he didn't seem to keen to answer.

Therrien didn't come out and just announced it out of nowhere as a ''Oh by the way, there will be no more such and such''.
I think he was caught by surprised by the question and improvised the best response he could. But essentially, he wants PK to attract less controversies and bad press.

I mean, I'm hoping that's the reason. This would mean we have two people that are actually running things intelligently. But as I said, I could also be wrong.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:11 AM
  #366
DonnieBrasco
Registered User
 
DonnieBrasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
15 pages and going.....This thread is unreal.

DonnieBrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:19 AM
  #367
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
MT and MB are dumb
*sigh* That coming from someone with a Bieber avatar...

Seriously, you don't get to those positions by being dumb, especially not Bergevin. Think a bit before you post.

Something tells me that some fans make more a big deal out of this than the two players involved. That's what's pathetic.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:25 AM
  #368
Prendan Brust
Registered User
 
Prendan Brust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Much ado about nothing. My bet: nobody cares about the disappearance of the triple low five except the fans and since fans memory span is about 2 days long, nobody will talk about it next week.

Prendan Brust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:36 AM
  #369
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Great idea! Subban should triple five some fans after each victory (home or not home!) instead of only Price.

Also for the team...Therrien should take henglish lessons to remove dat terrible haccent, so de team/players can focus on da things de coach his saying hinstead hof is hugly haccent.

Therrien's hugly haccent...no excuses!
I would love to see you speak French. Stop acting like a redneck.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:39 AM
  #370
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Lame decision on the coach's part. Trying to control things he has no business controlling.
He's the coach. He has all the rights. You have no idea how life works. Are you 13 years old r what?

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:42 AM
  #371
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Are you serious?
You have to give up on your Subban man crush.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:44 AM
  #372
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,498
vCash: 500
That's what happens when as a fanbase, the only thing we had that was exciting was the triple low five....Shows you how LOW we got....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:15 AM
  #373
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
So Robots.
No.........winners

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:15 AM
  #374
habs86
Registered User
 
habs86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Prince Albert, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 524
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
Not really sure but to me it seems MT is not a PK fan, maybe PK will have a rough time this season.

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:21 AM
  #375
Drive425
Registered User
 
Drive425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Louis Du Haha
Country: Malta
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
*sigh* That coming from someone with a Bieber avatar...

Seriously, you don't get to those positions by being dumb, especially not Bergevin. Think a bit before you post.

Something tells me that some fans make more a big deal out of this than the two players involved. That's what's pathetic.
Not saying you are wrong but recent Habs history would suggest otherwise.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.