HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR/Phoenix

Old
02-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
NYR/Phoenix

minor move

Rupp.............1 yr left at 1.5
3rd rounder

for

Gordon.............UFA
Bissonette......one yr left at 700Kish

Rangers could shed some salary for next yr to a cap floor team. get a few depth F for this yr.

Coyotes take the 3rd and Rupp's leadership into their room

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:59 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
minor move

3rd rounder

for

Gordon.............UFA

Rangers could shed some salary for next yr to a cap floor team. get a few depth F for this yr.

Why wouldn't the Rangers just buy out Rupp and save the third? Hell, they can even bury him and eat 600k (i.e. less than Bissonette would cost them). Makes no sense from a cap or depth point of view IMO.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:27 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
minor move

3rd rounder

for

Gordon.............UFA

Rupp for Bisonette straight up
No takebacks

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:30 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Why wouldn't the Rangers just buy out Rupp and save the third? Hell, they can even bury him and eat 600k (i.e. less than Bissonette would cost them). Makes no sense from a cap or depth point of view IMO.
The Rangers are going to want to retain the option of using the compliance buyout until after the 2013/2014 season. Using it on Rupp would be a total waste IMO. Not going to divulge on this subject any further, will just be stirring up a huge storm of cow manure if this goes in the direction where it might go... Just saying

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:11 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
The Rangers are going to want to retain the option of using the compliance buyout until after the 2013/2014 season. Using it on Rupp would be a total waste IMO. Not going to divulge on this subject any further, will just be stirring up a huge storm of cow manure if this goes in the direction where it might go... Just saying
Not sure what you're trying to say in the latter half of your post but I was just pointing out that the OP's suggestion that the Rangers would trade a third along with Rupp to save some cap space is a bad one considering they could 1) use a buyout on Rupp if they wish or 2) bury Rupp in the minors if they wish

I don't expect the Rangers to use that second compliance buyout unless Richards regresses dramatically in the next year and a half

Old
02-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to say in the latter half of your post but I was just pointing out that the OP's suggestion that the Rangers would trade a third along with Rupp to save some cap space is a bad one considering they could 1) use a buyout on Rupp if they wish or 2) bury Rupp in the minors if they wish

I don't expect the Rangers to use that second compliance buyout unless Richards regresses dramatically in the next year and a half
I see that your saying they could just buy out Rupp but I think they may want to hold onto that 2nd buyout and may move a pick to do so. Plus its not just dealing a 3rd if you get a few depth F back as well

Old
02-02-2013, 07:45 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
I see that your saying they could just buy out Rupp but I think they may want to hold onto that 2nd buyout and may move a pick to do so. Plus its not just dealing a 3rd if you get a few depth F back as well
So why not send Rupp down and have his cap hit be 1.5M-900k=600k instead of replacing him with a player with a cap hit of 800k?

If its for pure cap reasons, you're paying a 3rd round pick to absorb an extra 200k in cap hit. Makes no sense.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:47 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
So why not send Rupp down and have his cap hit be 1.5M-900k=600k instead of replacing him with a player with a cap hit of 800k?

If its for pure cap reasons, you're paying a 3rd round pick to absorb an extra 200k in cap hit. Makes no sense.
Boyd Gordon is actually a useful hockey player. Coyotes say no.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

No real point to this trade. Rupp is UFA soon anyways and he's not coming back.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Mikos87

I would love to get Gordon. I'd keep Rupp unless we were getting a heavy weight that can play, and is a better skater than him. But Gordon is a guy I wanted traded for last year. Doubt the Coyotes move him, but I'd give up a mid level prospect and/ or picks for him in a jiffy.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Vitto79

Quote:

So you want dead cap space? From what I understand the AHL salary that counts is around 375K so Rupps hit would be more than a million, may be wrong on that.

If he is sent down he is automatically going to be replaced on the roster with a player making around 800K anyways. Most players make atleast that, even Gilroy, Eminger do........not sure what's the big deal in moving the guy in a deal with a 3rd rounder to get a useful player like a Gordon to help now

Old
02-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
No real point to this trade. Rupp is UFA soon anyways and he's not coming back.
He's a UFA after next season and they need to sign McDonaugh and Stepan who are going to get a big raise. Hagelin is struggling so he may not get as much but for the Rangers sake I hope he turns it around this yr, plenty of time.

They need to shed salary, not a big one but a smaller one like Rupp that I think can be moved still

Old
02-02-2013, 08:22 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
So you want dead cap space? From what I understand the AHL salary that counts is around 375K so Rupps hit would be more than a million, may be wrong on that.

If he is sent down he is automatically going to be replaced on the roster with a player making around 800K anyways. Most players make atleast that, even Gilroy, Eminger do........not sure what's the big deal in moving the guy in a deal with a 3rd rounder to get a useful player like a Gordon to help now
900k is the AHL salary that counts.

Rupp's hit would be 600k. If the difference between acquiring a UFA/trade asset is 600k of cap space, then the Rangers are in cap trouble to begin with.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
900k is the AHL salary that counts.

Rupp's hit would be 600k. If the difference between acquiring a UFA/trade asset is 600k of cap space, then the Rangers are in cap trouble to begin with.
hey I hope your right......so for example Haley has a 1 way NHL deal at I think 600K next yr, does that mean if he's in the minors its not on the NHL cap?

Old
02-02-2013, 10:01 AM
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)

Quote:
hey I hope your right......so for example Haley has a 1 way NHL deal at I think 600K next yr, does that mean if he's in the minors its not on the NHL cap?
I'm pretty sure that's how it works. So yea, he wouldn't be on the cap at all.

Quote:
Teams also can't bury players in the minor leagues for salary-cap reasons, as the New York Rangers have done with Wade Redden and his $5.6 million cap hit. Under the new rules, a player earning more than $900,000 who is sent to the minors still will have his cap hit count against the salary cap.
I think the way it works is the team is given a cap credit of 900k and then anything over that amount counts against the cap. can't find any good examples on capgeek though.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:30 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Gordon is tremendously valuable to Phoenix's playoff efforts.

If you want Bissonnette, take him for free. He's all you.

E! can shot a reality show "Biznasty in the Big Apple".

Seriously, Biz is a pretty darn good back checker. He's really is good in his own zone. He can angle guys off the puck, win battles, and chip it out shockingly effectively. On the forecheck, though, he's worthless. He won't cycle because he's too scared to be caught up ice if it goes the other way. He's like a reverse cherry picker. He will wait at the blueline, and not engage offensively, because he wants to keep good defensive positioning. He's the exact opposite if Nikita Filatov.

Anyway, Dave Tippett looks for a strong forecheck out of his bottom six. He wants puck possession and
cycling. Paul Bissonnette is a terrible fit on a Dave Tippett team. On another team, I think he could be a decently effective 4th line NHL player. He will fight anybody, he's good in the room and he will never hurt your team defensively because he's actually solid in that department.

You can have him for free.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Gordon is tremendously valuable to Phoenix's playoff efforts.

If you want Bissonnette, take him for free. He's all you.

E! can shot a reality show "Biznasty in the Big Apple".

Seriously, Biz is a pretty darn good back checker. He's really is good in his own zone. He can angle guys off the puck, win battles, and chip it out shockingly effectively. On the forecheck, though, he's worthless. He won't cycle because he's too scared to be caught up ice if it goes the other way. He's like a reverse cherry picker. He will wait at the blueline, and not engage offensively, because he wants to keep good defensive positioning. He's the exact opposite if Nikita Filatov.

Anyway, Dave Tippett looks for a strong forecheck out of his bottom six. He wants puck possession and
cycling. Paul Bissonnette is a terrible fit on a Dave Tippett team. On another team, I think he could be a decently effective 4th line NHL player. He will fight anybody, he's good in the room and he will never hurt your team defensively because he's actually solid in that department.

You can have him for free.
I wouldnt really want him for free,lol........I rather send Rupp over otherwise Bissonnette is basically useless to the Rangers as well. He would fight a ton in the Atlantic though. Any other UFA F in Phoenix that can be had?

Old
02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

I'll drive Rupp to the airport.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:44 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Rupp for Bisonette straight up
No takebacks
Yes!! Sign the papers!!

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Yes!! Sign the papers!!
Never thought I would see someone so excited at the thought of getting Paul Bissonnette.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

Nyr/phx

Asham for Bissonette+Future Considerations

Rangers get rid of this Terrible Players, and add a Good fighter, and Futures

Coyotes do this to add another Vet into the Room who could be good on Quiet PHX team

Gaborikthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I wouldnt really want him for free,lol........I rather send Rupp over otherwise Bissonnette is basically useless to the Rangers as well. He would fight a ton in the Atlantic though. Any other UFA F in Phoenix that can be had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborikthebeast View Post
Asham for Bissonette+Future Considerations

Rangers get rid of this Terrible Players, and add a Good fighter, and Futures

Coyotes do this to add another Vet into the Room who could be good on Quiet PHX team
No. No.

You can have him for nothing or not at all.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
Never thought I would see someone so excited at the thought of getting Paul Bissonnette.
You haven't seen Rupp lately have you?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
You haven't seen Rupp lately have you?
I don't understand how Rupp being a poor player makes Bissonnette a better player. I'd rather not have either one.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
I don't understand how Rupp being a poor player makes Bissonnette a better player. I'd rather not have either one.
I'm good with Chipchura and Johnson as 4th line wingers. You only need two.