HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 09:43 AM
  #76
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Another anonymous day for the danes. Philip Larsen didn't play.
No danish points and Mikkel Bødker missed his shootout attempt.
Only dane that (might) see action tonight is Lars Eller for Montreal.
Actually now 41 NHL matches for the danes and NO GOALS even strength and only 2 in all (PP goals).
Hope they can get news about an olympic qualification success - that might give them an extra boost.

So far:
Frans Nielsen OG 7A in 7 games +2
Mikkel Bødker 1G 4A in 8 games +4
Jannik Hansen 0G 3A in 8 games +2
Philip Larsen 1G 0A in 6 games -3
Peter Regin 0G 0A in 8 matches +2
Lars Eller 0G 0A in 4 games -2

Only Frans Nielsen has lived up to our expectiations. Mikkel Bødker and Jannik Hansen are solid defensively but have produced less than expected.
Philip Larsen with a - statistics on a Dallas team with some defensive problems, but has scored a PP goal.
Peter Regin is playing lower line and has +2 - Goal: Has to stay uninjured this season, so we werent expecting much when he gets 4'th line minutes.
Lars Eller's situation is critical with no production, a - statistics and doghouse time.
Well Boedker did get a point. An assist on the Vrabata-goal which brings him to 6 points in 8 games. That's third on his team and similar to Dany Heatley, Zach Kassain, Tom Gilbert, Daniel Sedin, Milan Michalek, Brad Richards, Ray Whitney, Andy McDonald, Nicklas Backstrom, David Backes and Joel Ward. Fine company.

Don't know why he hasn't lived up to your expectations? Sure he's isn't on a hot streak but you can't be that all year round. I think you're punishing him for being on a Dave Tippett-team. The times I've seen him play he's been good and his name is enjoying a lot of respect at the moment in the among Pacific-posters as a quality offensive thread. Playing for Dave Tippett it goes without saying he's good defensively

Lars Eller and Philip Larsen is having a poor start to the season. Both caused by them self but exaggerated by the management of two teams with desperate desire to see results now instead of being patient. Jannik is were I'd expect on a Vancouver-team searching for offense. He's among the top 6 forwards in points in Vancouver. Not the best circumstances but still... Regin has - as you stated - one goal for the most of the season: Stay healthy. He's not been injured and has had a highlight play or two so he's at a neutral point right now.

Frans' been great but his performance isn't the bar for all of the others. And points isn't really what should be only thing he's measured on. Equally important he's been great on the PK AND PP(He's becoming Islanders serious answer to guys like Loui Eriksson, J. Stoll, Bergeron) and his line is usually good in both ends. He's been really good. You could perhaps use that as a measure for Jannik Hansen both he will never have the offensive responsibilities Frans is being handed so it would be a mute point.

We're missing the goals but when it rains it pours. It's been a mixed start. Some good, some status quo, some bad.

My 6-8 game power ranking:

++: Frans
+: Boedker, Jannik Hansen
0: Regin
-: Philip Larsen
--: Lars Eller

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 09:54 AM
  #77
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Well Boedker did get a point. An assist on the Vrabata-goal which brings him to 6 points in 8 games. That's third on his team and similar to Dany Heatley, Zach Kassain, Tom Gilbert, Daniel Sedin, Milan Michalek, Brad Richards, Ray Whitney, Andy McDonald, Nicklas Backstrom, David Backes and Joel Ward. Fine company.

Don't know why he hasn't lived up to your expectations? Sure he's isn't on a hot streak but you can't be that all year round. I think you're punishing him for being on a Dave Tippett-team. The times I've seen him play he's been good and his name is enjoying a lot of respect at the moment in the among Pacific-posters as a quality offensive thread. Playing for Dave Tippett it goes without saying he's good defensively

Lars Eller and Philip Larsen is having a poor start to the season. Both caused by them self but exaggerated by the management of two teams with desperate desire to see results now instead of being patient. Jannik is were I'd expect on a Vancouver-team searching for offense. He's among the top 6 forwards in points in Vancouver. Not the best circumstances but still... Regin has - as you stated - one goal for the most of the season: Stay healthy. He's not been injured and has had a highlight play or two so he's at a neutral point right now.

Frans' been great but his performance isn't the bar for all of the others. And points isn't really what should be only thing he's measured on. Equally important he's been great on the PK AND PP(He's becoming Islanders serious answer to guys like Loui Eriksson, J. Stoll, Bergeron) and his line is usually good in both ends. He's been really good. You could perhaps use that as a measure for Jannik Hansen both he will never have the offensive responsibilities Frans is being handed so it would be a mute point.

We're missing the goals but when it rains it pours. It's been a mixed start. Some good, some status quo, some bad.

My 6-8 game power ranking:

++: Frans
+: Boedker, Jannik Hansen
0: Regin
-: Philip Larsen
--: Lars Eller
Sorry my bad about Bødker and his missing assist......
I know about Tippett and his system, and Bødker is doing great defensively, but only 1 goal in 8 matches is a bit low considering the form he had in Lukko. But I did state that Bødker and Hansen was solid - but after the lockout I had hoped that their match-form could bring some early succes before the other NHL players really came up in gear.
I agree totally with your points for the danish NHL'ers so far.
I know point production isn't all, thats why I also include the +/- statistics since it give some measure of how well their line work together defensively. You have to play well for your line to play well.
Frans just play well with almost anyone...and I know it's unfair to use Frans as the standard for other danish NHL players - but off course you want them all to succeed!

Justinov is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
  #78
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I know point production isn't all, thats why I also include the +/- statistics since it give some measure of how well their line work together defensively. You have to play well for your line to play well.
Yeah well +/- often punishes players with bad teammates that can't finish or are making personal mistakes costing goals. I've become quite the stat-hipster so I'm leaning towards fenwick or corsi when available Since I can't find those stats on a regular basis I can understand why you put that along... But I'm almost sure Frans' corsi and especially fenwick is great. That's the feeling I get when I see him.

Regarding Bødker... Yeah well producing offense is producing offense. And on a Phoenix-team where a playmaker Whitney this year has been replaced with a goalscorer Sullivan assist might not be the worst thing to produce Of course goals would be nice.

On a side note: 4 out of 6 Danes are looking at PO at the moment Including two out of the three teams where the Danes are core players.

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:52 AM
  #79
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Montreal is only dressing 11 forwards. Lars Eller odd man out?

No word on whether Philip Larsen is on tonight or not. Both he and Rome were healthy scratches last night so if just one D is replaced it's still 50/50. Daley, Robidas and Goligoski seems to be above scratch risk. Dillon had a good game last night and is slowly surpassing(Not replacing) Larsen. So the candidates seems to be Oleksiak(Got 15 min. last night. Unusually low even for a third pairing in Dallas) and Jordie Benn(20 min last night - hasn't been scratched yet).

Boedker should be in his usual place. Tonight he will back up my confidence in his season and get that goal we all - some more than others - crave for. Eller will get a assist and will be crowned the future 2C of Montreal by the fans just to get crucified again next week. Philip Larsen will be on ice for Boedkers goal but will get his first assist on the PP and get scratched once again. Win for Phoenix - losses for Dallas and Montreal. Let it happen!


Last edited by Bank: 02-02-2013 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Eller situation
Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:10 PM
  #80
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Montreal is only dressing 11 forwards. Lars Eller odd man out?

No word on whether Philip Larsen is on tonight or not. Both he and Rome were healthy scratches last night so if just one D is replaced it's still 50/50. Daley, Robidas and Goligoski seems to be above scratch risk. Dillon had a good game last night and is slowly surpassing(Not replacing) Larsen. So the candidates seems to be Oleksiak(Got 15 min. last night. Unusually low even for a third pairing in Dallas) and Jordie Benn(20 min last night - hasn't been scratched yet).

Boedker should be in his usual place. Tonight he will back up my confidence in his season and get that goal we all - some more than others - crave for. Eller will get a assist and will be crowned the future 2C of Montreal by the fans just to get crucified again next week. Philip Larsen will be on ice for Boedkers goal but will get his first assist on the PP and get scratched once again. Win for Phoenix - losses for Dallas and Montreal. Let it happen!
If really unlucky we could be down to 1 dane tonight instead of 3.
I hope for a Bødker goal as well.
I agree that Phoenix should win at home over Dalles....but it might go to overtime/shootout again.
Montreal will probably lose - especially if Vanek continues his form.

Justinov is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
  #81
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
One bullet dodged... Eller's in!

One down, one to go. C'mon Dallas unleash Philip Larsen!

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:27 PM
  #82
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
Hey guys,

Like your analyses' both of em and I both agree and disagree with you both

So im gonna try and take the tempreture as I see it as of now

So far, I personally would have liked the lockout too continue, the NHL seems not up in gear, with the lacking preseason an rushed games.

Warm - Frans Nielsen, he is in form and doing great, by far the best dane in the NHL. Soild on PK and PP and just a real team player.

NHL Future I think he will end his career with the Islanders and play out a few more years in the NHL.

Luke Warm - Jannik Hansen, he is doing what he is supposed and his numbers are ok - not as good as they could, but ok. But the whole team is kinda struggling.

NHL FUTURE Same story as with Frans Nielsen

Luke Warm - Mikke Boedker, now he is a ? mark for me, ive watched most of his games and he plays well with flashes of brilliance. But he doesn't shoot enough and his linemates are too slow for him. He is capable of more and hopefully will give it.

NHL FUTURE IMO Boedker is Bang or Bust. The next two seasons will tell which one it'l be! Boedker has HIGH potential, he shows flashes of brilliance and I do see him as a true star if he pans out. BUT, if he doesn't put up big numbers in the next two seasons, it's a trade of Europe for Boeds.

Average - Philip Larsen I actually think Larsen has played well, and so does many Stars fans.. Him being scratched is to me weird. Him only plying a few games is why I have him at average.

NHL FUTURE Uncertain

Cold - Lars Eller, I have to agree with most of the Habs fans! When Eller is on ice, he looks lost and confused. His confidence is gone.
He used to have vision and some hockey sense, but looking at him lately absolutely does not bring one to think that now.

NHL FUTURE Eller has no future with the Habs, of that I am certain. Ellers potential is NHL worthy, but he needs to step it up and become trade attractive, or else it's Europe for Eller, im thinking SEL or KHL.

Stone Cold - Peter Regin, even though his TOI has been limited and to the lower lines, he is absolutely invisible. He does nothing and if not for the name and number on his jersey, you wouldn't know he was on the ice.

NHL FUTURE Done for, it's Europe for Regin! Sooner better than later...

ImGoingNucks is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:44 PM
  #83
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Hey guys,

Like your analyses' both of em and I both agree and disagree with you both

So im gonna try and take the tempreture as I see it as of now

So far, I personally would have liked the lockout too continue, the NHL seems not up in gear, with the lacking preseason an rushed games.

Warm - Frans Nielsen, he is in form and doing great, by far the best dane in the NHL. Soild on PK and PP and just a real team player.

NHL Future I think he will end his career with the Islanders and play out a few more years in the NHL.

Luke Warm - Jannik Hansen, he is doing what he is supposed and his numbers are ok - not as good as they could, but ok. But the whole team is kinda struggling.

NHL FUTURE Same story as with Frans Nielsen

Luke Warm - Mikke Boedker, now he is a ? mark for me, ive watched most of his games and he plays well with flashes of brilliance. But he doesn't shoot enough and his linemates are too slow for him. He is capable of more and hopefully will give it.

NHL FUTURE IMO Boedker is Bang or Bust. The next two seasons will tell which one it'l be! Boedker has HIGH potential, he shows flashes of brilliance and I do see him as a true star if he pans out. BUT, if he doesn't put up big numbers in the next two seasons, it's a trade of Europe for Boeds.

Average - Philip Larsen I actually think Larsen has played well, and so does many Stars fans.. Him being scratched is to me weird. Him only plying a few games is why I have him at average.

NHL FUTURE Uncertain

Cold - Lars Eller, I have to agree with most of the Habs fans! When Eller is on ice, he looks lost and confused. His confidence is gone.
He used to have vision and some hockey sense, but looking at him lately absolutely does not bring one to think that now.

NHL FUTURE Eller has no future with the Habs, of that I am certain. Ellers potential is NHL worthy, but he needs to step it up and become trade attractive, or else it's Europe for Eller, im thinking SEL or KHL.

Stone Cold - Peter Regin, even though his TOI has been limited and to the lower lines, he is absolutely invisible. He does nothing and if not for the name and number on his jersey, you wouldn't know he was on the ice.

NHL FUTURE Done for, it's Europe for Regin! Sooner better than later...
So from what i can read you have
Frans Nielsen ++ (warm)
Jannik Hansen + (lukewarm)
Mikkel Bødker + (lukewarm)
Philip Larsen 0 (average)
Lars Eller - or -- (cold)
Peter Regin --- (stone cold?)

I will disagree with Regin being that bad. Playing forth line he has 15 shots on goal - so he does do something (just not getting points). He has +2 so his line is not awful. For Regin if he wants to continue in NHL grind on and dont get injured - if he keeps shooting he should hit the jackpot at some point.

Eller looking lost (again) is really a bad sign, because he looked fantastic in the early matches for JYP. He seems very sensitive to the coach's opinion of him. If he doesn't feel at home....he also mentally goes to the doghouse. I agree with you there....new club as fast a possible.

About Larsen - it's just that Dalles for some reason have a defensive starter-problem this season. Actually their defence roster looks pretty good and maybe thats why everyone are perplexed why it doesn't work. Newcomers will be benched not veterans, so hope Larsen can convince them otherwise.

Bødker is not a bang or bust IMO - he is so good defensively now that he can always play 3rd line winger.
What about a line of Grabner-Nielsen-Bødker (what team wouldn't like a 3rd line like that!)

We all love Frans and most in Vancouver loves Jannik - maybe being a referee becomes a game of looking over your shoulder now

Justinov is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:03 PM
  #84
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Luke Warm - Mikke Boedker, now he is a ? mark for me, ive watched most of his games and he plays well with flashes of brilliance. But he doesn't shoot enough and his linemates are too slow for him. He is capable of more and hopefully will give it.

NHL FUTURE IMO Boedker is Bang or Bust. The next two seasons will tell which one it'l be! Boedker has HIGH potential, he shows flashes of brilliance and I do see him as a true star if he pans out. BUT, if he doesn't put up big numbers in the next two seasons, it's a trade of Europe for Boeds.
Boy can hockey games be viewed differently...

Of course our analysis' are gonna be influenced by whether we'd want the guys to stay in the NHL or go to Europe so the rest I can see where you're coming from. But this one... I can not for the life of my understand why Boedker is bust/bang? Even less that he's two years away from a return-ticket to Europe?

Is that because you don't think his current performance is at bust-level or is it because you don't he'll be able to stay at his current level?

I have only seen him four times but all four times I though he was great. Had a long preach ready but I'd rather hear you reasoning for this.... well this

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  #85
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I will disagree with Regin being that bad. Playing forth line he has 15 shots on goal - so he does do something (just not getting points). He has +2 so his line is not awful. For Regin if he wants to continue in NHL grind on and dont get injured - if he keeps shooting he should hit the jackpot at some point.
Hear hear. Small steps but going in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Actually their defence roster looks pretty good and maybe thats why everyone are perplexed why it doesn't work. Newcomers will be benched not veterans, so hope Larsen can convince them otherwise.
Bolded part: How do you figure that?
Italic part: But Larsen is getting scratched with Benn, Dillon and Oleksiak playing? That's half the D-corp who have entered the Dallas-team AFTER Larsen.

EDIT: Btw love hearing your analysis' and your reasoning! Great to have build a mini Danish-community here


Last edited by Bank: 02-02-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:32 PM
  #86
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Eller will get a assist and will be crowned the future 2C of Montreal by the fans just to get crucified again next week.
Just sayin...

EDIT: Screw that... That's a goal AND an assist for Lars Eller. If that doesn't buy him some time I don't know what will. So ****ing relived for the him!

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:23 PM
  #87
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
So from what i can read you have
Frans Nielsen ++ (warm)
Jannik Hansen + (lukewarm)
Mikkel Bødker + (lukewarm)
Philip Larsen 0 (average)
Lars Eller - or -- (cold)
Peter Regin --- (stone cold?)

I will disagree with Regin being that bad. Playing forth line he has 15 shots on goal - so he does do something (just not getting points). He has +2 so his line is not awful. For Regin if he wants to continue in NHL grind on and dont get injured - if he keeps shooting he should hit the jackpot at some point.

Eller looking lost (again) is really a bad sign, because he looked fantastic in the early matches for JYP. He seems very sensitive to the coach's opinion of him. If he doesn't feel at home....he also mentally goes to the doghouse. I agree with you there....new club as fast a possible.

About Larsen - it's just that Dalles for some reason have a defensive starter-problem this season. Actually their defence roster looks pretty good and maybe thats why everyone are perplexed why it doesn't work. Newcomers will be benched not veterans, so hope Larsen can convince them otherwise.

Bødker is not a bang or bust IMO - he is so good defensively now that he can always play 3rd line winger.
What about a line of Grabner-Nielsen-Bødker (what team wouldn't like a 3rd line like that!)

We all love Frans and most in Vancouver loves Jannik - maybe being a referee becomes a game of looking over your shoulder now
Well I watched nearly all Regins games and my has he looked invisible... Can only go by what I see, and from I can read the Sens fans seem to agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Boy can hockey games be viewed differently...

Of course our analysis' are gonna be influenced by whether we'd want the guys to stay in the NHL or go to Europe so the rest I can see where you're coming from. But this one... I can not for the life of my understand why Boedker is bust/bang? Even less that he's two years away from a return-ticket to Europe?

Is that because you don't think his current performance is at bust-level or is it because you don't he'll be able to stay at his current level?

I have only seen him four times but all four times I though he was great. Had a long preach ready but I'd rather hear you reasoning for this.... well this
To clarify for both you and Justinov, for me playing 3rd line duties (Boedker) Is bust. And I think most in Phoenix would agree

I might have been a bit harsh and unclear in what I meant

For me it is just, that Boedker is such a ? mark. When I watch him, he plays like a 70 -80pts guy. But the numbers just don't follow ..

Sure he is a surefire NHL caliber player, and always will be.. I think my biased high hopes for Boedker could be skewing my view.. But that is my view

Hope it clarifies what I mean.. And im certain that in Phoenix people are looking to build the future around Boeds and OEL. And right now OEL a Dman is doing better offensively than Boeds.

And I think if Boeds does not become that surefire 1st line winger for PHO, allot of yotes fans are going to be dissapointed and label him semi-bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Just sayin...

EDIT: Screw that... That's a goal AND an assist for Lars Eller. If that doesn't buy him some time I don't know what will. So ****ing relived for the him!

THIS IS GREAT NEWS

ImGoingNucks is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
  #88
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Okay difference in definition of bust

Well he's on a 1B line right now so he's pretty close to being a top line player. A goal against Dallas sure would help

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:08 PM
  #89
dklap3
Registered User
 
dklap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Herning, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Larsen playing tonight?

dklap3 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:15 PM
  #90
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
No sign of it... It looks like Rome might switch with Benn though. Sooo... Philip Larsen is de facto the #8 D in Dallas. With Eller's good night Philip Larsen have moved to the top of my concerned list. Mostly do to the GM wanting to build on him and the coach refusing to use him.

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
  #91
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,856
vCash: 500
3 pts for Eller This time it feels good to be wrong Keep em coming! Don't mind being wrong when this is the case

ImGoingNucks is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 06:27 PM
  #92
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
No sign of it... It looks like Rome might switch with Benn though. Sooo... Philip Larsen is de facto the #8 D in Dallas. With Eller's good night Philip Larsen have moved to the top of my concerned list. Mostly do to the GM wanting to build on him and the coach refusing to use him.
Confirmed... What a bummer after Ellers great start to the night.

Once again to stress out how this sucks. The GM believes in Philip Larsen and wont deal him. The coach don't believe in Philip Larsen and wont use him.

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 06:56 PM
  #93
dklap3
Registered User
 
dklap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Herning, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Well that just sucks for Philip. I haven't really followed Dallas (or any other western team) much, but wouldn't it be a disappointment if they miss the playoff again this season? Maybe that scenario could get the coach fired.

dklap3 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 07:16 PM
  #94
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklap3 View Post
Well that just sucks for Philip. I haven't really followed Dallas (or any other western team) much, but wouldn't it be a disappointment if they miss the playoff again this season? Maybe that scenario could get the coach fired.
There's A the reality and B the ambitions. In reality it wouldn't be a shocker if Dallas didn't make the Playoffs. Their core players(Robidas and Goligoski mainly) on the blue end hasn't preformed for years. Same could be said for Brenden Morrow. The team relies heavily on Kari Lehtonen to bail them out night in night out.

They tried to shake things up this off season and switched Ott and Ribeiro for Roy and Eakin. A move that have payed of so far. Adding Jagr and Whitney would make you think they'd want to get to the playoff. But IMO that wouldn't be the hill Gulutzan dies on.

If he follow the signals given by the new owner and the GM and still failed he would be home safe. Him clearing not being on the same page with the GM is what gonna get canned. That just can't work. Question is if it will happen when his contract expires this summer or he will get the boot before that.

Dallas are at two places at once right now. At one point they would like to get back in the playoff. In the mind of Dallas fans the drought was caused by Tom Hicks and now they have to get back where they belong - The playoff! The GM and the management want's to grant them that wish. At the same time the management is going through a: "Getting younger and building from within." So they are trying to make a rebuild while getting into the playoff. So the coach got two ways to safe his job. A) Get into the playoff. B) Get some of the young players(Oleksiak, Reilly Smith, Brenden Dillon, Cody Eakin, Antonie Roussel, etc. etc.) smoothly into the team. Looks like he's going for plan A with a build in backdoor seeing as he is giving multiple young players debut and increased responsibility.

EDIT: Well maybe I wasn't being clear. He's not doing what the GM would do with the team. That's always a good way to get fired so right odds are someone else is coaching the Dallas Stars next year perhaps sooner.

EDIT v. 2.0: Another thing that might play in: Glen Gulutzan is the third coach while Joe Nieuwendyk has been GM. His head might roll with the coach.


Last edited by Bank: 02-02-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 07:25 PM
  #95
dklap3
Registered User
 
dklap3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Herning, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Thanks.

Lets just cross our fingers and hope that Philip plays great when he gets the chance. That way it should be impossible for the coach not to use him.

dklap3 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 07:33 PM
  #96
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
... A small losing streak with Philip being scratched might do the trick

Never gonna hope for Dallas to lose, but if Gulutzan where to get the flu the next 2-3 weeks it would be less of a shame than normally

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:10 PM
  #97
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post

Boedker should be in his usual place. Tonight he will back up my confidence in his season and get that goal we all - some more than others - crave for.
2 out of 3.

Now Dallas surprises everybody and dresses Philip Larsen for the third to make it all come true

Bank is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:42 PM
  #98
Bank
Registered User
 
Bank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Odense, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Three points and a scratch.

Boedker goes to 2g+5a=7p in 9g
Eller goes to 1g+2a=3p in 5g
Philip Larsen goes to 1g+0a=1p in 6g

Boeds going on a 2 game point streak(Gotta start somewhere )...
Philip Larsen on a two game scratch streak...
Danes on a 3 day point streak... Three Danes could be in action tomorrow. Hopefully a point from Frans or Eller to keep it going

Bank is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 06:37 AM
  #99
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Three points and a scratch.

Boedker goes to 2g+5a=7p in 9g
Eller goes to 1g+2a=3p in 5g
Philip Larsen goes to 1g+0a=1p in 6g

Boeds going on a 2 game point streak(Gotta start somewhere )...
Philip Larsen on a two game scratch streak...
Danes on a 3 day point streak... Three Danes could be in action tomorrow. Hopefully a point from Frans or Eller to keep it going
Boy was I wrong last night.
Montreal crushed Buffalo (was it 15-1 shots in first period?) and Eller has a fantastic night with 3 points and got to play 1st line!
Phoenix also won "more" easily over Dalles than I thought.....at least I got a Bødker goal correct!
That Larsen was scratched again is simple weird.....he had a PP goal and did show that he could fit in that role very well with Goligoski. It seems that Dalles are somewhat panicking shuffling their d-men back and forth hoping to find a remedy.
To Bank: What I meant about Dalles defence is that on paper it looked fine (to me at least), but in no way should Larsen fall to d-man 8.

Justinov is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 06:44 AM
  #100
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
There's A the reality and B the ambitions. In reality it wouldn't be a shocker if Dallas didn't make the Playoffs. Their core players(Robidas and Goligoski mainly) on the blue end hasn't preformed for years. Same could be said for Brenden Morrow. The team relies heavily on Kari Lehtonen to bail them out night in night out.

They tried to shake things up this off season and switched Ott and Ribeiro for Roy and Eakin. A move that have payed of so far. Adding Jagr and Whitney would make you think they'd want to get to the playoff. But IMO that wouldn't be the hill Gulutzan dies on.

If he follow the signals given by the new owner and the GM and still failed he would be home safe. Him clearing not being on the same page with the GM is what gonna get canned. That just can't work. Question is if it will happen when his contract expires this summer or he will get the boot before that.

Dallas are at two places at once right now. At one point they would like to get back in the playoff. In the mind of Dallas fans the drought was caused by Tom Hicks and now they have to get back where they belong - The playoff! The GM and the management want's to grant them that wish. At the same time the management is going through a: "Getting younger and building from within." So they are trying to make a rebuild while getting into the playoff. So the coach got two ways to safe his job. A) Get into the playoff. B) Get some of the young players(Oleksiak, Reilly Smith, Brenden Dillon, Cody Eakin, Antonie Roussel, etc. etc.) smoothly into the team. Looks like he's going for plan A with a build in backdoor seeing as he is giving multiple young players debut and increased responsibility.

EDIT: Well maybe I wasn't being clear. He's not doing what the GM would do with the team. That's always a good way to get fired so right odds are someone else is coaching the Dallas Stars next year perhaps sooner.

EDIT v. 2.0: Another thing that might play in: Glen Gulutzan is the third coach while Joe Nieuwendyk has been GM. His head might roll with the coach.
Great post about the Dallas situation
I really confirms the feeling I had that something smelled strange in Dallas.
I thought that Jagr would give them a boost, but it only lasted very shortly...it almost smells like a crisis now. They have to start winning fast of they want to have any chance of playoffs. So what Dallas needs right now is realism

Justinov is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.