HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saad - Where's the fit?

Old
02-02-2013, 08:54 AM
zytz
lumberjack

vCash: 500
If Bolland is going to be out for awhile and Pirri still can't break in Q's favorite children club, should Saad get a look at 2C?

I hate to take him away from Toews and Hoss... but he's like a damn ball of lightning out there with all of his energy... maybe it would rub off on Kane and Sharp a little.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:00 AM
BobbyJet

Last night was Saad's best game as a Hawk. That first goal will come soon.

(actually he did score. the quick whistle took it away)

Last edited by BobbyJet: 02-02-2013 at 09:14 AM.
BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:00 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr View Post
^Bubba, even when you're not talking about Kruger, you're talking about him.

Saad has exceeded expectations in every facet of his game save for points. It's obvious that he will score a resonable amount by the end of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
that's what happens when a rookie comes to the NHL. They will play it safe and keep it simple, show that they are willing and in the end, he will end up with around 15 points this year in the shortened season.
Same goes for Shaw and Krüger last year and will happen in 1 or 2 years with Teräväinen
I love the comparison of Kruger's 26 points in 71 games to Shaw's 23 points in 37 games. Very comparable.

And the projection of Saad scoring at a lower clip than Kruger did last year, you are out of control.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:27 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Last night was Saad's best game as a Hawk. That first goal will come soon.

(actually he did score. the quick whistle took it away)
it is ridiculous how many chances this kid has created the past 2 games. he is a horse and is starting to look like the kid I watched in Saginaw who literally carried bodies on his back to the net every night.

this kid's luck will start to turn and once it does I think our scoring is going to really kick in. I think he still hits 15 goals this year as he plays a style that simply is too powerful to not get those shots to go in. as long as Q doesnt pull a Q and keeps him on that top line, we will be fine and Saad will get his points... if Kassian can put up points playing with the Sedins by just being a third wheel, this kid will put up numbers as he has been the best player on his line the past week...the scary part is that line consists of 2 of the better players in the game Toews and Hossa.

keep your head up Saad, you are a top line player and the numbers will come as long as you continue to work as hard as he has been. I loved seeing the interview with Kompon after the 2nd period when Foley asked him of Saad's play...the dude rarely smiles, but damn I think he had a chub going on as his expression and answer was awesome!

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I just love the Krüger hate, keep em coming. With every good game he has like last, I will feel more confident with him.

Shaw keeps it simple and since he's back to this in the last 2 games, he plays much better

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:36 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
If Bolland is going to be out for awhile and Pirri still can't break in Q's favorite children club, should Saad get a look at 2C?

I hate to take him away from Toews and Hoss... but he's like a damn ball of lightning out there with all of his energy... maybe it would rub off on Kane and Sharp a little.
Saad is a winger. I'd rather not ruin the success he's had so far this season by attempting for put him a position he's never played. Saad has the hockey sense and two-way play to be a centre, but he's a winger - that's just what he is.

The Hawks do need to do something to get Sharp going - as far as I'm concerned, Kane's been just fine - but IMO they need to keep Saad on the wing.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:26 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Saad is a winger. I'd rather not ruin the success he's had so far this season by attempting for put him a position he's never played. Saad has the hockey sense and two-way play to be a centre, but he's a winger - that's just what he is.

The Hawks do need to do something to get Sharp going - as far as I'm concerned, Kane's been just fine - but IMO they need to keep Saad on the wing.
This. Exactly.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Oh_so_saad

Saad was straight beast against van last night

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:36 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

I agree, but maybe one day. He seems to have the tools to play center.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:51 AM
puterwiz53

The way to get Sharpie moving is to move Bolly back to the 3rd line and put Shaw as 2nd line center as he has chemistry with Kaner and he will create room for Sharpie.

puterwiz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:50 AM
moose vasko

Saad looked great last night working the wall and going to the net. He has powerful legs and a low center of gravity which makes him a handful for most defenseman when he drives the net. I would not put the burden of playing him at center on him (especially right now when he is just starting to fit in).

Johnny will be looking to feed him all night tonight. He will score soon enough, and hopefully that will be a catalyst for him. You don't want to get too excited about him nor put too much on him too early, but the signs are there that he could be a good one.

moose vasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
The kids a gamer.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
What I like about Saad outside of the obvious offensive talent is that he has a solid NHL caliber defensive game already

He doesn't hurt the Hawks out there in own end like most rookies would

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:15 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
What I like about Saad outside of the obvious offensive talent is that he has a solid NHL caliber defensive game already

Yes, very well rounded game for any player, never mind a kid. If there's one thing missing it would be that he could be meaner, but maybe that will change when he gets more comfortable. (btw that's not a complaint, just an observation from someone who had never seen him play until he joined RFD this season). He plays a similar game to Hossa - can only hope he develops the same scoring touch.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:19 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Yes, very well rounded game for any player, never mind a kid. If there's one thing missing it would be that he could be meaner, but maybe that will change when he gets more comfortable. (btw that's not a complaint, just an observation from someone who had never seen him play until he joined RFD this season)
Yeah, I don't think we'll ever see a meaner Saad. He'll get stronger and more difficult to handle as he gets older and gains experience and he'll probably be a bit more physical.. but he's not going to be a big bruising hitter or someone that gets in people's faces, etc.

He was voted the OHL's most sportsmanlike player last year.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:22 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:

I think I'd even go so far as to say his defensive game is above average for an NHLer, any NHLer not just rookies. Seems like every game he gets a couple takeaways or forces some turnovers.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Paul Allen

Guy doesn't look out of place at all. Shame Q doesn't give him more ice time, especially last night.

I wouldn't mind seeing them try him at C.... In training camp next year.

Paul Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Allen View Post
Guy doesn't look out of place at all. Shame Q doesn't give him more ice time, especially last night.

I wouldn't mind seeing them try him at C.... In training camp next year.
He's been getting top-line minutes at even-strength.. but I would love to see him get some PP shifts. He got one last night, but they went back to Shaw on their next PP.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Blue Liner

Yeah I see no reason not to give the guy some PP time. He's got good size, he's willing to be in the tough areas, he's got hands, and has a nose for the net and seems to have a knack for drawing penalties, to boot. He was the team's best forward last night, should start getting rewarded a bit for it.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:17 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Well I watched the game from last night now. Saad was by far the best Hawk on the ice. He's got some mean skills and a great attitude. His attitude reminds me a little bit of Shaw in the sense that he gives it his all every shift and tries his hardest. The biggest difference is Saad is much better than Shaw, so he'll make a huge impact when he catches his stride. I see Saad as a great fit on either of the 1st 2 lines, and honestly think he might work better on Kane's line because Kane needs someone on his line who gives it his all. Kane's passing might give Saad another opportunity to score as well.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:31 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:

Yeah, certainly encouraging and well ahead of most players his age.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote