HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson Appreciation Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 08:08 PM
KarlSen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
i love this. Everyone in the hockey world is watching him trying to find something wrong, and they come away just raving about him.
Led by retired Dmen working as analysts, because they appreciate it more than anyone.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 08:19 PM
HavlatMach9

Alright here's a few clips of Karlsson from some of the previous games. Just the fancy stuff, everything else he does amazing is just standard. (2nd vid is just the single clip of playing shinny vs Stamkos, Florida vid has awful transitions between clips but is viewable):

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:26 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

I love it, man keep it up. Karlsson is the most valuable player in the league; shifts the momentum of the game whenever he is on the ice, even if the entire team is ****ing the bed he will make a phenomenal defensive play then lead the rush up ice and create an offensive play himself just like that entire Florida sequence.

Hail the King.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Minister of Offence

Some of that **** is perhaps the most entertaining hockey in the NHL.

If you compile enough of that, people on the main board may actually appreciate seeing it.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Alright here's a few clips of Karlsson from some of the previous games. Just the fancy stuff, everything else he does amazing is just standard. (2nd vid is just the single clip of playing shinny vs Stamkos, Florida vid has awful transitions between clips but is viewable):

Wow, utter dominance. Is this guy for real??

Yet it seems NHL fans still haven't caught on.

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:44 AM
take a peek

soooo freaking good..simply unbelievable what he does out there. Offense yeah, but especially in his own zone he is like no other now and maybe ever (well since I've watched hockey).

Karlsson Rules!

take a peek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Nordic*

This appreciation thread fell down pretty quickly after the most recent game, I'm guessing he had a pretty meh game?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:38 AM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

vCash: 50
He had an ok game but I think he tried to much, maybe let someone else have the 'A' next game..

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
He had an ok game but I think he tried to much, maybe let someone else have the 'A' next game..
A's on rotation between Gonchar, Neil and Erik. Was trying way to hard in this one to do it on his own. Seeing as noone could take or make a pass, maybe wasn't too bad an idea.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:10 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Lol... he had a meh game? Setup a breakaway, pinched in and created 2-3 scoring chances and dominated Staal on coverage. He has one gaffe the entire game and it was nothing huge.

He was our best offensive and defensive game yet again. Wasnt his best game but still effective.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Lol... he had a meh game? Setup a breakaway, pinched in and created 2-3 scoring chances and dominated Staal on coverage. He has one gaffe the entire game and it was nothing huge.

He was our best offensive and defensive game yet again. Wasnt his best game but still effective.
Agree 100%. I honestly felt like he had more real scoring chances then the whole team combined and still managed to rock some solid d.

Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:07 PM
HavlatMach9

If he plays like an average #1 Dman, it's a poor game by his standard. He can't pull a Redden and be allowed to be good without being noticed, he's about the only Dman expected to score. He wasn't godly vs Carolina but did some things he normally does. Trying to be fancy in front of Anderson was a mistake though, could have just cleared it. Obviously he would prefer to keep the puck than clear it and letting other team get it.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
If he plays like an average #1 Dman, it's a poor game by his standard. He can't pull a Redden and be allowed to be good without being noticed, he's about the only Dman expected to score. He wasn't godly vs Carolina but did some things he normally does. Trying to be fancy in front of Anderson was a mistake though, could have just cleared it. Obviously he would prefer to keep the puck than clear it and letting other team get it.
I think in his mind dumping the puck or clearing it off the glass is the same as a giveaway.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:16 PM
koreaboy

There was a play last night I think in the first 2-3 mins of the third where he started with the puck in our end from a standing start. Just standing. There was a forechecker coming in on him and he just took a quick first two three steps, turned away, got past the guy, and then just created separation and he made it look effortless. No one, absolutely no one in the league can do that like he can. We are so, so fortunate to be able to watch it every night. He skates away from people and gets separation from attackers better than anyone on the planet, and he's the best at doing that since Coffey. Only guy I ever saw who could do it the same way was Coffey.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Swingit

Damn, he is entertaining to watch.

Swingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:22 PM
malcolmedge

Been an Ottawa fan for years, and a Karlsson fan since they drafted him. Being from Vancouver I have never really been able to watch many games. This year GameCenter has made me love Karlsson even more.

He has moments where he slips and plays like Keith Ballard, but that is rare. All my friends who are Canucks fans laughed at me for being such a big fan of his. Last year he kind of shut them up. This year he has.

Needless to say I will be rocking a Karlsson jersey every game day proudly in Vancouver.

malcolmedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
ShouldveDraftedFiala

Quote:

Wow your PBP guy is pretty horrible. Unless a goal occurs, he calls all of Karlsson's amazing stick work and plays as if they're the most boring and standard of plays, if he even acknowledges them in the first place.

ShouldveDraftedFiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:48 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuklehead View Post
Wow your PBP guy is pretty horrible. Unless a goal occurs, he calls all of Karlsson's amazing stick work and plays as if they're the most boring and standard of plays, if he even acknowledges them in the first place.
It's because they literally watch him do that on a regular basis from shift to shift although if there has ever been one complaint I've had regarding Dean Brown(PBP) is that he doesn't show enough emotion. Karlsson dangles the **** out of 2 players, "Karlsson brings it into the zone." What I hate is when someone on the other team does it and he boosts it like crazy. Maybe cause he's not trying to look like a homer or what-not.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:55 PM
ShouldveDraftedFiala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
It's because they literally watch him do that on a regular basis from shift to shift although if there has ever been one complaint I've had regarding Dean Brown(PBP) is that he doesn't show enough emotion. Karlsson dangles the **** out of 2 players, "Karlsson brings it into the zone." What I hate is when someone on the other team does it and he boosts it like crazy. Maybe cause he's not trying to look like a homer or what-not.
Ya I can understand that, he doesn't need to get all hyped over it, but come on at least acknowledge it. "Karlsson with a nice inside outside" instead of, like you said "Karlsson brings it into the zone". Such a lame way to call a game.

ShouldveDraftedFiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:01 AM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuklehead View Post
"Karlsson with a nice inside outside" instead of, like you said "Karlsson brings it into the zone". Such a lame way to call a game.
Those Karlsson plays are the norm. When Karlsson passes the puck when he normally rushes, they make a comment, like Potvin would say: this is when Karlsson is supposed to fly out of the zone with ease instead of passing.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
He's pretty much gotta take you out of your seat each period and play mistake free to appease people. And it's getting to the point that if he isn't stripping players off the puck all game it's considered an off-game too.

Basically we're underwhelmed if he doesn't carry the team on his back to victory..and alot of nights he'll make that difference. When Karl plays to his level, we're pretty tough to beat because we're in the other teams end the whole time he's on the ice..and he's pelting scoring chances on net.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Micklebot

Top 10 in the league in shots (1st among D) , top of the league in take aways, tied for 1st in ES pts among D,

If the PP starts clicking, he'll likely shoot up the leader board, though that may be unlikely without Spezza.

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Top 10 in the league in shots (1st among D) , top of the league in take aways, tied for 1st in ES pts among D,

If the PP starts clicking, he'll likely shoot up the leader board, though that may be unlikely without Spezza.
So what you're telling me is he's statistically one of the most active 200 foot players in the NHL.

Hey, I'd agree.

Old
02-05-2013, 04:25 PM
HavlatMach9

Worth the price of admission? Only several minutes apart.

Last edited by HavlatMach9: 02-05-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Haha I'm in love ^