HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 09:48 AM
  #151
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
They were rumored to have serious interest in Kadri last season. So I'm assuming it would take something like Kadri + Gardiner + 1st.

I don't make that trade personally. I think the Leafs need a big, strong number one centre who dominates the front of the net and creates space for Kessel. Not sure a centre like Backstrom would benefit Kessel enough to make a trade like that.

People forget that Kessel likes to carry the puck into the zone himself, and creates most of his scoring chances on his own using his speed. So the need for a playmaking centre has been overblown IMO.
That possibly was due to Kadri having connection with Dale Hunter, would be curious if this is still the case now. I wouldn't want to move Kadri but if it's for Backstrom, we do it. Backstrom is a different animal, I like Kadri and I've been one of his biggest fans but if we are to think logically and realistically? A guy who is what ? Around 25, already hit the 100 point mark with a premier scorer, two-way natural playmaker on the market? We jump on the boat IMMEDIATELY.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 09:54 AM
  #152
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
That possibly was due to Kadri having connection with Dale Hunter, would be curious if this is still the case now. I wouldn't want to move Kadri but if it's for Backstrom, we do it. Backstrom is a different animal, I like Kadri and I've been one of his biggest fans but if we are to think logically and realistically? A guy who is what ? Around 25, already hit the 100 point mark with a premier scorer, two-way natural playmaker on the market? We jump on the boat IMMEDIATELY.
Would you do it for Kadri, Gardiner and 2013 1st?

Drew311 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
  #153
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Grabovski has been among the best in every defensive statistical category Thats where the notion came from. He has been better offensively and on par defensively with Zajac over the last 4 years, hes been slightly behind Krejci offensively but much better defensively over the past 2 years. He is in that tier regardless if you want to believe it or not. Weiss is no where close defensively and does not play the game with the same intensity to be better than Grabovski and Roys injury troubles have ruined him so no he would not be a good replacement. Picks are overrated, once selected we will only hope that theyll become 1/2 of what Grabovski currently is and if Grabovski was 6'1 and Canadian thee tone around here would be much different. Atleast have things to back up your claims.
In every defensive statistical category? One stat that he definitely isn't even in the discussion is penalty killing because he isn't trusted to do it.

Zajac had one bad year and was injured for pretty well all last year. The two years prior he had superior offensive numbers, is trusted to be one of their top PK guys and has more size (which is still an asset). He also got paid UFA wages so I don't consider that an ideal comparison.

Krejci was the # 2 center on the Cup winning Bruins who have been one of the best defensive units in the league for quite a few years where he is trusted to be one of their top PKers. He has the edge once again.

I'd also rather use guys like M. Richards, Benn, Kane, Krejci and Sharp as comparables.

Grabo works his butt off which is great to watch as a fan but a lot of the time he looks like he's doing more then he actually is. Grabo is also 29 and with how he skates around with his head down all the time I don't trust him to not be playing at the same level in years 3, 4 and 5 of that contract.

The Leafs need size and an edge in their top six. For years I've heard we can't loss this guy or that secondary guy then they just get older and less productive like Darcy Tucker.

In recent seasons I've heard we can't loss Ian White and a couple seasons ago we can't loss Kulemin. Now some people which we had of traded Kulemin at a high value point. Lately it's been we can't ever loss Gunnarson despite long term having Phaneuf, Gardner, Rielly, Liles, Ranger (potentially) and Finn all as left side D.

For once I'm saying why don't we trade the best player at a high value point (deadline) because we have his replacement in Kadri. Take whatever we get from Grabo and head into the off-season/draft and truly look at making a big deal because we'd be stocked up on the assets people look for in the off-season (cheap young contracts, picks in the first 2 rounds). And if we fail with that plans their isn't much downside as we just sign a Weiss or Roy who are in the same league as Grabo. Roy was a PPG player prior to his knee being injured so the jury is still out on him but he also won't be getting 5.5 a year.

Other teams trade their better players all the time and come out better for it because they gain assets and cap flexibility. Why can't we?


Last edited by Ricky Bobby: 02-02-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
  #154
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Would you do it for Kadri, Gardiner and 2013 1st?
Not this years first, no. Next year? Yea.
It's a bold move but I'd go for it IMO. We can only hope for those players to pan out to be like Backstrom, as would try to replace Gards with someone else.

If possible get a player hebert, long term project, along with backstrom.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:05 AM
  #155
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Would you do it for Kadri, Gardiner and 2013 1st?
it wouldn't cost that.... What is your point of reference with that trade? I reference the Mike Richards trade or maybe the Brad Richards trade from Tampa to Dallas...

The guy has a HUGE contract and if we are taking that much money on with the cap going down to 64M, there would be compensation of fewer assets!

That is why we got Gardiner and Lupul for Beauchemin... Do u honestly think the Ducks had no idea that Gardiner was good? They had him ranked as their 2nd highest prospect when they traded him to us.

Taking on his contract = less assets going the other way

Bozak + Frattin + 1st would be the max for Backstrom

Rockinz is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:10 AM
  #156
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,304
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
In every defensive statistical category? One stat that he definitely isn't even in the discussion is penalty killing because he isn't trusted to do it.

Zajac had one bad year and was injured for pretty well all last year. The two years prior he had superior offensive numbers, is trusted to be one of their top PK guys and has more size (which is still an asset). He also got paid UFA wages so I don't consider that an ideal comparison.

Krejci was the # 2 center on the Cup winning Bruins who have been one of the best defensive units in the league for quite a few years where he is trusted to be one of their top PKers. He has the edge once again.

I'd also rather use guys like M. Richards, Benn, Kane, Krejci and Sharp as comparables.

Grabo works his butt off which is great to watch as a fan but a lot of the time he looks like he's doing more then he actually is. Grabo is also 29 and with how he skates around with his head down all the time I don't trust him to not be playing at the same level in years 3, 4 and 5 of that contract.

The Leafs need size and an edge in their top six. For years I've heard we can't loss this guy or that secondary guy then they just get older. In recent seasons it was we can't loss Ian White and a couple seasons ago we can't loss Kulemin. Now some people which we had of traded Kulemin. Lately it's been we can't ever loss Gunnarson despite long term having Phaneuf, Gardner, Rielly, Liles, Ranger (potentially) and Finn all as left side D.

For once I'm saying why don't we trade the best player at a high value point (deadline) because we have his replacement in Kadri. Take whatever we get from Grabo and head into the off-season/draft and truly look at making a big deal with little downside.

Other teams trade their better players all the time and come out better for it because they gain assets and cap flexibility. Why can't we?
PK is not a testament to how good you are defensively

Pavel Datsyuk mr. defense himself is 12 in Detorit for SH TOI/G

Then you have guys like Grabner who is terrible defensively yet plays then PK since his speed allows them to maintain possession. Being a good PKer does not make someone a good defensive center PK specialists are usually bottom 6 guys who cant really do anything else, guys who if they block a shot and are injured in the process wont really be a huge loss to the team. If you knew anything about hockey you would no how off you are on this. Look up advanced defensive statistics and tell me again how Grabovski doesnt match up to Zajac and Krejci defensively

Dont have time to doo it myself and im sure he woont mind but this was from another thread...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
2011-2012 stats:

Grabovski vs Zajac

Corsi Rel QoC
0.686 vs 0.608

Corsi Relative
+14.9 vs -3.8

GF ON/60 - GF OFF/60
+0.66 vs -1.21

GA OFF/60 - GA ON/60
+0.20 vs -0.65


Zajac only played a small amount of games though so let's look at 2010-2011...

Corsi Rel QoC
0.465 vs 0.708

Corsi Relative
+21.3 vs +3.7

GF ON/60 - GF OFF/60
+1.21 vs +0.61

GA OFF/60 - GA ON/60
+0.29 vs -0.26

So yeah, given all that information I'm going to have to go with Grabovski. He has been given the toughest defensive assignments for a center on the Leafs the past 2 years and the team has been significantly better while he was on the ice, while with Zajac his team has been either slightly better or significantly worse. Grabovski has also been the much better scorer the past two seasons.

The Podium is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:10 AM
  #157
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
In every defensive statistical category? One stat that he definitely isn't even in the discussion is penalty killing because he isn't trusted to do it.

Zajac had one bad year and was injured for pretty well all last year. The two years prior he had superior offensive numbers, is trusted to be one of their top PK guys and has more size (which is still an asset). He also got paid UFA wages so I don't consider that an ideal comparison.

Krejci was the # 2 center on the Cup winning Bruins who have been one of the best defensive units in the league for quite a few years where he is trusted to be one of their top PKers. He has the edge once again.

I'd also rather use guys like M. Richards, Benn, Kane, Krejci and Sharp as comparables.

Grabo works his butt off which is great to watch as a fan but a lot of the time he looks like he's doing more then he actually is. Grabo is also 29 and with how he skates around with his head down all the time I don't trust him to not be playing at the same level in years 3, 4 and 5 of that contract.

The Leafs need size and an edge in their top six. For years I've heard we can't loss this guy or that secondary guy then they just get older and less productive like Darcy Tucker.

In recent seasons I've heard we can't loss Ian White and a couple seasons ago we can't loss Kulemin. Now some people which we had of traded Kulemin at a high value point. Lately it's been we can't ever loss Gunnarson despite long term having Phaneuf, Gardner, Rielly, Liles, Ranger (potentially) and Finn all as left side D.

For once I'm saying why don't we trade the best player at a high value point (deadline) because we have his replacement in Kadri. Take whatever we get from Grabo and head into the off-season/draft and truly look at making a big deal because we'd be stocked up on the assets people look for in the off-season (cheap young contracts, picks in the first 2 rounds). And if we fail with that plans their isn't much downside as we just sign a Weiss or Roy who are in the same league as Grabo. Roy was a PPG player prior to his knee being injured so the jury is still out on him but he also won't be getting 5.5 a year.

Other teams trade their better players all the time and come out better for it because they gain assets and cap flexibility. Why can't we?
Kadri's play is making Grabo more and more expendable, also Bozak's for that matter. If Leafs can get Weiss to agree to a contract to the Leafs, I would deal for him at the deadline, he's exactly the veteran type of Center this team needs. If we are in a position of drafting Monahan this summer there will be no room for Grabo or Bozak at Center next season. Think Monahan can step into the NHL as a 18 year old. Looking down the road and not presently is the prudent thing to do.

+1 about Zajac, he's in a class above any centre we have on the roster right now, not sure why posters try to distract from this by one bad injured season.

Interactif is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:18 AM
  #158
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif;58887011[B
]Kadri's play is making Grabo more and more expendable, also Bozak's for that matter. [/B]If Leafs can get Weiss to agree to a contract to the Leafs, I would deal for him at the deadline, he's exactly the veteran type of Center this team needs. If we are in a position of drafting Monahan this summer there will be no room for Grabo or Bozak at Center next season. Think Monahan can step into the NHL as a 18 year old. Looking down the road and not presently is the prudent thing to do.

+1 about Zajac, he's in a class above any centre we have on the roster right now, not sure why posters try to distract from this by one bad injured season.
So Kadri will be double shifting at the center ice position? Weiss will end up getting a contract similar to Grabo, UFA players are not cheap, and I question whether Weiss is as good defensively as Bozak.

New Liskeard is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:18 AM
  #159
Drew311
Catch The Taste
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
it wouldn't cost that.... What is your point of reference with that trade? I reference the Mike Richards trade or maybe the Brad Richards trade from Tampa to Dallas...

The guy has a HUGE contract and if we are taking that much money on with the cap going down to 64M, there would be compensation of fewer assets!

That is why we got Gardiner and Lupul for Beauchemin... Do u honestly think the Ducks had no idea that Gardiner was good? They had him ranked as their 2nd highest prospect when they traded him to us.

Taking on his contract = less assets going the other way

Bozak + Frattin + 1st would be the max for Backstrom
You're crazy if you think Backstrom is signed to a bad contract. Why, because it's long? Having your number one centre signed for the next eight years to a reasonable contract isn't a bad thing.

Washington has no reason to move him for a package like that. I don't need to reference another trade, because Backstrom would be an isolated situation if traded. Philly knew that Giroux would be their future number one centre, and wanted Richards and Carter off the team to change the culture. Washington has no one close in their organization to replace Backstrom, which is why it doesn't make sense for them to move him unless it's for an overpayment.

If anyone, they should move Ovechkin. Now that's a bad contract and trading him would most likely benefit the team from a culture aspect.

Drew311 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:21 AM
  #160
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
it wouldn't cost that.... What is your point of reference with that trade? I reference the Mike Richards trade or maybe the Brad Richards trade from Tampa to Dallas...

The guy has a HUGE contract and if we are taking that much money on with the cap going down to 64M, there would be compensation of fewer assets!

That is why we got Gardiner and Lupul for Beauchemin... Do u honestly think the Ducks had no idea that Gardiner was good? They had him ranked as their 2nd highest prospect when they traded him to us.

Taking on his contract = less assets going the other way

Bozak + Frattin + 1st would be the max for Backstrom
There is no way in hell they will accept Bozak, Frattin and a First for Backstrom. You gotta give up quality to get quality.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
  #161
doubledown99
Registered User
 
doubledown99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
it wouldn't cost that.... What is your point of reference with that trade? I reference the Mike Richards trade or maybe the Brad Richards trade from Tampa to Dallas...

The guy has a HUGE contract and if we are taking that much money on with the cap going down to 64M, there would be compensation of fewer assets!

That is why we got Gardiner and Lupul for Beauchemin... Do u honestly think the Ducks had no idea that Gardiner was good? They had him ranked as their 2nd highest prospect when they traded him to us.

Taking on his contract = less assets going the other way

Bozak + Frattin + 1st would be the max for Backstrom
More than half the league would be interested if Backstrom was available meaning he wouldn't come cheap. You don't think teams like Buf, Cal, CLB, Edm, Det, Mtl, Ott, NJ, Wpg, Stl, Van, etc would be interested?

doubledown99 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:24 AM
  #162
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
So Kadri will be double shifting at the center ice position? Weiss will end up getting a contract similar to Grabo, UFA players are not cheap, and I question whether Weiss is as good defensively as Bozak.
Point is if Kadri is ready, you don't keep him as a 3C. As for the Weiss or Monahan scenarios, they are upgrades to Grabo and Bozak. Plus if Colborne makes the jump as Kadri did this year, as much as there are doubters(remind us of Kadri this season?) you draft/develop/promote when prospects are pushing for NHL jobs. This is how good teams operate. When better players make the push, you weed out the weaker players.

Interactif is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:36 AM
  #163
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
You're crazy if you think Backstrom is signed to a bad contract. Why, because it's long? Having your number one centre signed for the next eight years to a reasonable contract isn't a bad thing.

Washington has no reason to move him for a package like that. I don't need to reference another trade, because Backstrom would be an isolated situation if traded. Philly knew that Giroux would be their future number one centre, and wanted Richards and Carter off the team to change the culture. Washington has no one close in their organization to replace Backstrom, which is why it doesn't make sense for them to move him unless it's for an overpayment.

If anyone, they should move Ovechkin. Now that's a bad contract and trading him would most likely benefit the team from a culture aspect.
What about Brad Richards then? He was coming off an playoff MVP performance and was in his prime when Tampa traded him to Dallas.

Tired of people on here thinking that dollars and cap value is not an asset...

Wake up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
There is no way in hell they will accept Bozak, Frattin and a First for Backstrom. You gotta give up quality to get quality.
I dont think you do if your taking on over $3m in money each year and a total of $20m+

Money and cap hit are a HUGE asset in todays NHL!

This is why M. Richards/B. Richards/Thorton got moved for what they did.

Backstrom would be no different.

Rockinz is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
  #164
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,814
vCash: 500
Backstrom would fetch a fortune.

I'd give up Kessel+

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:38 AM
  #165
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
More than half the league would be interested if Backstrom was available meaning he wouldn't come cheap. You don't think teams like Buf, Cal, CLB, Edm, Det, Mtl, Ott, NJ, Wpg, Stl, Van, etc would be interested?
Half those teams cant afford him

Rockinz is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:44 AM
  #166
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
What about Brad Richards then? He was coming off an playoff MVP performance and was in his prime when Tampa traded him to Dallas.

Tired of people on here thinking that dollars and cap value is not an asset...

Wake up!



I dont think you do if your taking on over $3m in money each year and a total of $20m+

Money and cap hit are a HUGE asset in todays NHL!

This is why M. Richards/B. Richards/Thorton got moved for what they did.

Backstrom would be no different.
This is Nicklas Backstrom. Yea it's a big caphit but if he is available you don't argue but take it and then consider the cap hit. I like richards, brad or mike but they haven't hit 100 points, either of them yet. If you like Kopitar, and want him in our team, Backstrom is close as we can get to finding one.

Also Brad was a free-agent, when he was traded that was a team desperate to get rid of him due to their financial situation. Thornton situation was different as well, I don't even know what the hell happened, i Mean it's still all weird talking about it.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 10:54 AM
  #167
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
This is Nicklas Backstrom. Yea it's a big caphit but if he is available you don't argue but take it and then consider the cap hit. I like richards, brad or mike but they haven't hit 100 points, either of them yet. If you like Kopitar, and want him in our team, Backstrom is close as we can get to finding one.

Also Brad was a free-agent, when he was traded that was a team desperate to get rid of him due to their financial situation. Thornton situation was different as well, I don't even know what the hell happened, i Mean it's still all weird talking about it.
Brad didn't hit a 100 pts but he hit 91 pts and has a con smyth! That trumps Backstrom 101 pts... Also Brad wasn't playing with the best winger on earth at that time.

Backstrom would be no different that Mike/Brad or Joe if moved. He has an Albatross contract and is not playing great dominant hockey since 09/10'.

It seems he needs a change of scenery just like Brad/Mike/Joe and if that is the case expect a similar price.

also nobody has given 1 example of a #1 center in a trade that was a complete overpayment given a massive contract... i have given 3 examples

Rockinz is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:00 AM
  #168
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Brad didn't hit a 100 pts but he hit 91 pts and has a con smyth! That trumps Backstrom 101 pts... Also Brad wasn't playing with the best winger on earth at that time.

Backstrom would be no different that Mike/Brad or Joe if moved. He has an Albatross contract and is not playing great dominant hockey since 09/10'.

It seems he needs a change of scenery just like Brad/Mike/Joe and if that is the case expect a similar price.

also nobody has given 1 example of a #1 center in a trade that was a complete overpayment given a massive contract... i have given 3 examples
That's because most of the times they aren't traded. They are like a miracle situation, carter was more of a winger than a center, Richards on the other hand yea can be considered a first line center.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:05 AM
  #169
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
I bet Nonis is really hating that the club dealt Aulie, i repeatedly said it, that when Aulie fills out he'll be an intimidating presence. Tampa fans gush of him now. 6-6, 230-240 (when he fills out fully), can fight very well, and can make a good 1st pass. Too bad because at his age he fit perfectly into our group, and Caryle's style. I think Aulie will be wearing a letter one day.

It's alot easier to find 3rd liners like Ashton is protected to be, rather than 6-6 behemoth defensemen who play physical.

I blame Wilson.
definately one of Burke's biggest boners was trading Aulie, Aston who??????????

rumman is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:06 AM
  #170
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumman View Post
definately one of Burke's biggest boners was trading Aulie, Aston who??????????
Now now, let it breathe a little before we decide. Ashton is capable of good things, give him time and let him prove if this trade was a bust or not.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:09 AM
  #171
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Now now, let it breathe a little before we decide. Ashton is capable of good things, give him time and let him prove if this trade was a bust or not.
This. People are so incredibly impatient. Look at Frattin and Kadri, and look how old Frattin is. Take a breather guys it takes more than a season or two. Especially because, like a broken record, big guys are slow to develop generally.

I still believe Colborne and Ashton will be TML members before long.

It is Grabovski and Bozak who need to watch their jobs, as I dont think it will be long before they are supplanted.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:10 AM
  #172
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
That's because most of the times they aren't traded. They are like a miracle situation, carter was more of a winger than a center, Richards on the other hand yea can be considered a first line center.
Agreed, but if there is no evidence of other star players being moved for an outrageous package like some have posted (Kessel+ or Gards+Kadri+1st). There is however evidence of star players being moved for much less that meets the criteria of Backstroms points, contract and current situation.

It's all speculation but if he were to get moved i would expect a package that is a player + prospect + pick... no more


Last edited by Rockinz: 02-02-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Rockinz is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:16 AM
  #173
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Agreed, but if there is no evidence of other star players being moved for an outrageous package like some have posted (Kessel+ or Gards+Kadri+1st). There is however evidence of star players being moved for much less that meets the criteria of Backstroms points, contract and current situation.

It's all speculation but if he were to get moved i would expect a package that is a player + top prospect + pick... no more
I can definitely agree with that, as there have been trades where people didn't expect, aka the Phaneuf and Richards.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:18 AM
  #174
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
This. People are so incredibly impatient. Look at Frattin and Kadri, and look how old Frattin is. Take a breather guys it takes more than a season or two. Especially because, like a broken record, big guys are slow to develop generally.

I still believe Colborne and Ashton will be TML members before long.

It is Grabovski and Bozak who need to watch their jobs, as I dont think it will be long before they are supplanted.
Indeed.

Especially since Ashton is a powerforward, and players like those need more time than the usual. As well Colborne, both you and I are still hoping big things from him for sure.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 11:20 AM
  #175
doubledown99
Registered User
 
doubledown99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
Brad didn't hit a 100 pts but he hit 91 pts and has a con smyth! That trumps Backstrom 101 pts... Also Brad wasn't playing with the best winger on earth at that time.

Backstrom would be no different that Mike/Brad or Joe if moved. He has an Albatross contract and is not playing great dominant hockey since 09/10'.

It seems he needs a change of scenery just like Brad/Mike/Joe and if that is the case expect a similar price.

also nobody has given 1 example of a #1 center in a trade that was a complete overpayment given a massive contract... i have given 3 examples
Ok ill counter with: how many #1 centres were traded in the same conference? The ones you liste were all traded to the other conference

doubledown99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.