HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
delchief

vCash: 500
LOL, you're not getting Jordan Staal for Brandon Sutter.....

LOL, you're not getting JVR for Schenn after the year he had.......

LOL, you're not getting James Neal for Alex Goligoski.................

Throw in a 4th round pick, then. And stop being such a neg-head.......

Old
02-02-2013, 10:05 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by delchief View Post
I'll raise the ROR talk again. Just because it's fun.

Proposal....

To Ott -- Ryan O'Reilly
To Col -- Patrick Wiercioch and Jim O'Brien
they won't take that trade.

Quote:
Without Spezza ROR is a 1st or 2nd line center. No offense but Regin and DaCosta are not 1st or 2nd line centers in the NHL.
if da costa puts on strength, he should be 2nd/3rd line center ready. he's got all the offensive tools and is a pickpocket defensively. even when he played in the nhl he showed us he's thief. he also has good defensive zone positioning, a quick stick, excellent passing and vision, an adequate shot, and he's speedy. he just needs more strength.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
lol... you aren't going to get RoR for Jimmy O'Brien and Patrick Wiercioch.
Suprised he didnt offer Daugavins and Benoit

Old
02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Da Costa + a 1st + ? for ROR? That may entice the Avs, but I'm sure there would be a bidding war for ROR's services and someone would do a 1-for-1 trade with another 2C.

02-02-2013, 10:09 AM
delchief

Quote:
If you're going to screw someone, the polite thing to do is to buy then dinner first. Murray would have to find out if Greg Sherman has any food allergies first, and make reservations accordingly.
Ok, that was pretty funny actually......

DaCosta is 23 years old. Putting on strength time is over. He is what he is.....

I'd go as high as a 3rd-round pick + Wiercioch + JOB. If they want something better than that (e.g. Smith or whoever) they can go eff themselves. Good luck with that approach, Sherminator.....

Old
02-02-2013, 10:13 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
LOL, you're not getting Jordan Staal for Brandon Sutter.....
It was Staal for Sutter + 1st round (8th overall) pick + Dumoulin

Quote:
LOL, you're not getting JVR for Schenn after the year he had.......

LOL, you're not getting James Neal for Alex Goligoski.................
Just because bad trades happen occasionally doesn't mean that every trade is going to be heavily lopsided from the get-go, and doesn't necessarily guarantee that if you're involved in a one-sided trade, that you're not the one getting fleeced.

A "Milan Michalek for Cameron Gaunce & Cody McLeod" deal is just as likely to happen as a "RoR for Weircioch & O'Brien" one is.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Micklebot

Quote:

DaCosta is 23 years old. Putting on strength time is over. He is what he is.....

I'd go as high as a 3rd-round pick + Wiercioch + JOB. If they want something better than that (e.g. Smith or whoever) they can go eff themselves. Good luck with that approach, Sherminator.....
Yeah. I guess Turris was done putting on strength too. There must be some sort of age restriction on the sensplex gym.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:16 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:

At least 20 other NHL teams would offer better trade packages than that. Sherman passes without even having to think twice about it.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
delchief

Neal for Goligoski was sort of a bad trade, I agree. But it still happened. Why? Because a GM picked up the phone and proposed it, that's why.

JVR for Schenn was not a bad deal. It was potential for potential. Need for need.

ROR is not some established All-Star. He had a really good year last year as a 21-year-old. He's also got Duchene and Stastny as cover.

The deal is essentially Wiercioch for ROR. Wier is a top-4 d-man next year. Colorado no doubt got a good look at him when he was in college. JOB is an above-average 4th liner who can play center. Throw in a 3rd rounder in a deep draft if that sweetens the pot.

But really? Is it that outrageous? Will you still be saying that when some team pays about what I've proposed for ROR because they picked up the phone and made a call at just the right time?

The immediate reaction on this board to any trade proposal is always this "LOL, you're out of your mind!!" stuff. But when you look at actual trades made in the real world you can see that they're different than this fantasy play we all engage in......

Old
02-02-2013, 10:32 AM
delchief

Quote:
At least 20 other NHL teams would offer better trade packages than that. Sherman passes without even having to think twice about it.
Doubt it. Colorado's top 4 defensive pairings are...

Hejda - Wilson
Zanon - Johnson

And you thought our D was bad.

Sherman isn't exactly known for making great deals. What's the harm in trying. And what's the harm in a touch of low balling if dingle-nuts will go for it......

Old
02-02-2013, 10:32 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Neal for Goligoski was sort of a bad trade, I agree. But it still happened. Why? Because a GM picked up the phone and proposed it, that's why.

JVR for Schenn was not a bad deal. It was potential for potential. Need for need.

ROR is not some established All-Star. He had a really good year last year as a 21-year-old. He's also got Duchene and Stastny as cover.

The deal is essentially Wiercioch for ROR. Wier is a top-4 d-man next year. Colorado no doubt got a good look at him when he was in college. JOB is an above-average 4th liner who can play center. Throw in a 3rd rounder in a deep draft if that sweetens the pot.

But really? Is it that outrageous? Will you still be saying that when some team pays about what I've proposed for ROR because they picked up the phone and made a call at just the right time?

The immediate reaction on this board to any trade proposal is always this "LOL, you're out of your mind!!" stuff. But when you look at actual trades made in the real world you can see that they're different than this fantasy play we all engage in......
Yes. Yes it is.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Doubt it. Colorado's top 4 defensive pairings are...

Hejda - Wilson
Zanon - Johnson

And you thought our D was bad.

Sherman isn't exactly known for making great deals. What's the harm in trying. And what's the harm in a touch of low balling if dingle-nuts will go for it......
Yeah, but I guarantee someone offers a better defenceman than Weircioch.

I mean, look at Phoenix: They're ridiculously thin at Center, he'd fit in Tippett's system perfectly, and they have a ridiculous wealth of elite blueline prospects.

I could see a Gormley - O'Reilly deal being done WAY before Sherman would ever settle on Pat Weircioch.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:42 AM
delchief

Quote:
I mean, look at Phoenix: They're ridiculously thin at Center, he'd fit in Tippett's system perfectly, and they have a ridiculous wealth of elite blueline prospects.
Then why hasn't a deal like that happened yet? It can't just be because the Avs would prefer to re-sign ROR. But it could be because Phoenix isn't in a financial position to make any big trades right now. If all GMs thought like you guys nobody would ever pick up the phone.

If there's a deal like mine that gets made for ROR I'm coming back on this board looking for apologies. I'm not hopeful I'll get them but still......

Old
02-02-2013, 10:48 AM
TooLow494

I think if we want to make a move to make up for spezza's injury without sacrificing the future, or renting a center, then we should go out and get a winger that will be here long term.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
PoltinSens

Has anyone else thought about trading Anderson??

His value may never be higher after the start he has had to the season.
Lehner is ready. He almost won the job out of camp and if not for andersons hot start he might have been the starter already.

A good team with goalie issues might be willing to give up an awful lot for him.

It might seem like giving up on the season but with the injuries to cowen and spezza it seems this season is doomed anways. if we could get a top 4 d or top 6 forward or even a top 15 first rounder i would be all for it.

i think its worth discussion at the very least

Old
02-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Kezia
egg

If we get ROR with Wiercioch as the center piece than Bryan Murray deserves GM of the year.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:56 AM
BankStreetParade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoltinSens View Post

Lehner is ready. He almost won the job out of camp and if not for andersons hot start he might have been the starter already.

A good team with goalie issues might be willing to give up an awful lot for him.

It might seem like giving up on the season but with the injuries to cowen and spezza it seems this season is doomed anways. if we could get a top 4 d or top 6 forward or even a top 15 first rounder i would be all for it.

That is such a tough road to go down. You'd need to get Lehner in to some NHL games to see if he'll be able to handle the load. And you'd have to get an offer that absolutely blows you away to do it. So many things have to happen for this to be considered a good option. Not to mention the public backlash of trading a goalie playing this well. Tough one to sell.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:56 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Then why hasn't a deal like that happened yet? It can't just be because the Avs would prefer to re-sign ROR. But it could be because Phoenix isn't in a financial position to make any big trades right now. If all GMs thought like you guys nobody would ever pick up the phone.

If there's a deal like mine that gets made for ROR I'm coming back on this board looking for apologies. I'm not hopeful I'll get them but still......
I'll be first in line.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Bazel5

This article is worth a read before evaluating ROR's worth.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423

Old
HSF

Ryan orielly seems overated

Not sure how effective he would be on the wing

Old
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:

we heard it here, folks. 23 year olds can't get stronger. even if he doesn't put on strength, you can put him with stronger wingers and he'd still be able to play. he has the talent. 23 isn't old either, so i don't know why you're writing him off. have you been watching any binghamton games? he looks like he's on another level just about every night. he's nhl ready talent and smarts-wise.

and looking at your package again, if they have been scouting wiercioch, and if they think he is good now, and if they think has #3 potential, they might pull the trigger on that trade. they might want to replace o'brien with smith, they might now. they'd probably be happier with a second instead of a third, and not take the deal as well. o'brien is capable of playing as a 3/4 center behind the guys they have, and if they think wier has that #3 potential, they might do it. that trade will completely rely on how highly they think of wier. makes me wonder what wiercioch's value us around the league.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:00 AM
General Granny*

lol at the Weircioch for Oreilly trade.

Well we did end up giving them Elliot for Anderson because Anderson held out on signing an extension there, similiar situations kind off.

They arent the smartest bunch there in Colorado.

They gave up a 1st for Neuvirth.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:01 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazel5 View Post
This article is worth a read before evaluating ROR's worth.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423
Huh. I didn't know he was brothers with Cal O'Reilly.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:07 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoltinSens View Post

we've discussed it and decided that trading andy is not something we want to do. it's not like he's way better than last year. he is player better, but he was outstanding last season as well. we should expect andy's numbers to come back to earth some, but with spezza out, will we play such an offensively oriented game? we don't have to fire power to continue as hard as we have. i think we'll play (i feel we've seen it a bit already) more defensively. that should help andy's numbers out a bit. add on methot's defensive play and benoit's expert shot blocking (), and his numbers might not come down as much as people think. i think he's the perfect goalie to keep and mentor lehner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post

They gave up a 1st for Neuvirth.
news to me

Old
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
H2O

Maybe another Turris type trade in the works if our scouts truly believe in ROR (enough to convince mgmt hes worth the money):

Zibanejad + pick for ROR

Z gets to play with his buddy Landeskog when he returns.

Closed Thread