HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Visnovsky Returns, You Need A Defenseman, Mane Me An Offer

Old
02-02-2013, 10:59 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
the isles arnt going to trade visnovsky. Garth Snow has proven that he will not trade players who dont want to be on long island out of spite. They will keep him for the year and at worst trade him at the deadline if they arnt doing well and he is.
I think it depends on the mood. If the owner & Snow buy the story that Vis just wanted to stay because of his family which was minor surgery for his son then they will slot him back in as long as things are sunny. If they don't, then I think he will be moved.

I am split on this, and I suspect the Isles are considering all their options. With Strait playing well and Vis only having this season committed to us with a 99.9% chance he won't return Garth would be an idiot not to consider moving him. With the way injuries are playing out, and the way defensemen are in higher demand than normal, the market is there to make moving Viz attractive.

A month ago I would have said someone was crazy if they suggested we could get our second round pick back for him, all things considered. Now I know we can get that and maybe more particularly if he welcomed the idea of going someplace with a stronger playoff contender, and maybe more so if it was on the West Coast. If he comes back, plays well, and stops being a sour puss in the media he gains a little more value.

I'd say the chance to move him right now stands at 50/50.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
inxs

Dustin Penner

inxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:10 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by inxs View Post
Dustin Penner
Not much interest in Penner, who's been a healthy scratch for the last 4 games and who has zero pts on the season.

Bailey's coming back from getting his knee scoped in training camp. He just started skating the other day. I expect him back in the lineup in a few games, once he shakes off the rust.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:14 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I think it depends on the mood. If the owner & Snow buy the story that Vis just wanted to stay because of his family which was minor surgery for his son then they will slot him back in as long as things are sunny. If they don't, then I think he will be moved.

I am split on this, and I suspect the Isles are considering all their options. With Strait playing well and Vis only having this season committed to us with a 99.9% chance he won't return Garth would be an idiot not to consider moving him. With the way injuries are playing out, and the way defensemen are in higher demand than normal, the market is there to make moving Viz attractive.

A month ago I would have said someone was crazy if they suggested we could get our second round pick back for him, all things considered. Now I know we can get that and maybe more particularly if he welcomed the idea of going someplace with a stronger playoff contender, and maybe more so if it was on the West Coast. If he comes back, plays well, and stops being a sour puss in the media he gains a little more value.

I'd say the chance to move him right now stands at 50/50.
From Vis comments, it sure sounds like Wang was supportive and the front office is taking a alls good attitude.

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/144322/v...-som-sposobil/
Q: What welcome do you expect in NY after the suspension?

A: I'll let myself be surprised, but I think it won't be simple. The fans aren't certainly happy, and I know what I'm coming to, what I've caused, but on the other hand I have to say that they don't see what family situation I have been in. There will certainly be some interviews with the media, where I'll try to explain, and I hope they will understand. The owner of the club told be that he would have done the same as I, family comes first, and he knows that I've played a lot in my life and that he would have protected the family first as well.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Esq.

Flyers. Give me now...

Take our second round pick or something.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:39 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Flyers. Give me now...

Take our second round pick or something.
Yeah. The isles are surely very upset, that the conference rival flyers have stumbled out the gate.

Maybe after helping the Flyers with their D, Snow sends a scoring winger to the Pens for Crosby's wing and sends a solid, bottom 6 player to the Rangers?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
From Vis comments, it sure sounds like Wang was supportive and the front office is taking a alls good attitude.

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/144322/v...-som-sposobil/
Q: What welcome do you expect in NY after the suspension?

A: I'll let myself be surprised, but I think it won't be simple. The fans aren't certainly happy, and I know what I'm coming to, what I've caused, but on the other hand I have to say that they don't see what family situation I have been in. There will certainly be some interviews with the media, where I'll try to explain, and I hope they will understand. The owner of the club told be that he would have done the same as I, family comes first, and he knows that I've played a lot in my life and that he would have protected the family first as well.
Maybe. I don't trust anything the Isles commit to the media. Either way we have a small log jam on the defense now. Something will have to give.

BTW - This was my first post from a walking work station I built. Typing while walking is an interesting challenge.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:04 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiesel View Post
3rd + 7th round picks now. If he returned to his old form, then a late-1st round pick.
the NYI would do that but even if his new team resigns him he's 35 years old

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Maybe. I don't trust anything the Isles commit to the media. Either way we have a small log jam on the defense now. Something will have to give.

BTW - This was my first post from a walking work station I built. Typing while walking is an interesting challenge.
Isles may have a logjam, but since Vis has more talent and experience then guys like Carkner, Strait, Hickey and Martinek, I'll be surprised if Snow and his coaching staff don't find a spot for Vis on the NYI blueline.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:49 PM
InjuredChoker

Assuming Isles fall of the PO race, what would they be looking from Wings?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:02 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Assuming Isles fall of the PO race, what would they be looking from Wings?
I think it all depends on how well Vis plays when he gets back but if the Islanders unload him at the deadline I would hope they might get a first rounder from a team that looks like they going to be picking in the bottom 10. If they can't get that I would want a 2nd rounder this year plus 3rd next

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:05 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I think it all depends on how well Vis plays when he gets back but if the Islanders unload him at the deadline I would hope they might get a first rounder from a team that looks like they going to be picking in the bottom 10
I think that's pretty reasonable.

Several sources have reported that prices for d-men are sky high. Even a d-man like Sopel, who's been out of the NHL and playing in the KHL, has drawn interest.

If the wheels fall off for the NYI, I'd want Snow to shop him at the trade deadline.

Old
02-02-2013, 03:10 PM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I'd throw in a plus on top of Whitney.
He's out 4-6 weeks.

I Am Score* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:22 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Exactly. Vis is an upgrade on players like Finley, Carkner,Hickey, Strait and Martinek.

It's silly to suggest that the 4-2-1 Isles aren't a stronger team, with Vis racking up pts on the blueline.
He's better offensively than strait and hickey but they've both been very solid and they're younger. Not to mention the pairs have played very well together. I dot wanna break up Amac-Hamonic or Streit/ait. Maybe you put via with Carkner but hickey has done nothing but come in here and work his backside off all while looking good. Vis should sit until someone is playing poorly and he has some chemistry. Don't wanna screw with the PP right now either.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote