HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we need a heavyweight enforcer...

View Poll Results: Should the Habs claim Darcy Hordichuk on waivers?
Yes 21 33.87%
No 41 66.13%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 08:39 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
At least a Giant ****** is hygienic.
In this here backwater town, Giant****** is considered dangerous due to the high probability of toxic fungal infection.

Last edited by groovejuice: 02-01-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old
02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
We see things differently friend.
Watching the Sabres game proves my point. Scott did more for buffalo last night than Armstrong or White will ever do for us.
really disappointed with him. The guy don't do what is suppose to do. Bring nothing to the table at the moment except on the pk.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Therrien as always stated that he wanted a heavyweight. He even called them " big brothers"
When ?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
When ?
Me too I would like to know that. There was 1 poster that kept posting that again and again when Therrien had just been hired.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Being a Sabres fan and watching our little team get bullied the past few years by Boston, this was a total reversal last night. Now John Scott is useless as a "real" hockey player but he did his job perfectly last night. Apparently he patrolled the red line during pre-game warmups, barely touching the puck. He and Thornton jawed a bit while standing there, probably staging their fight less than 2 minutes into the game. Scott handled Thornton in that fight like my big brother handled me when we were kids...just kind of embarrased him while not even trying that hard. For the rest of the game...Lucic, Chara, etc.., none of them wanted anything to do with cheap stuff or having to answer to John Scott. The whole tone of the game was brought back to just skill on skill. Of course at the end, down by 3 Boston wanted to goon it up and set the tone for the re-match next week. Ruff smartly called timeout so he could get Scott back on the ice to neutralize Boston's enforcer (McDermott?). Puck drops, nothing happens, players go home... Boston fans and media whining after the game about their lack of a response to Thornton getting knocked out of the game and Ruff "disrespect" for calling timeout. Too funny. Love it. I love having a legit enforcer again. See you Saturday!
Any team that pisses off the Bruins is fine with me

The next Sabres-Bruin match will be greatly anticipated.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:37 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
I can't see how it would be a bad thing.
Me neither, you add one more weapon to your arsenal, basically.

Look at how Scott for Buffalo changed the course of the game by beating Thornton soundly. The Sabres had wings after that.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Can't wait to see how MT reacts in those kind of games. I remember quite a few times where we were up by 2 or 3 goals against the Bruins and I was all pumped and then Julien starts rolling out his goon squad trying to injure our players and JM would do nothing about it. Somehow, those wins felt like losses. The Chara-MaxPac incident was a good example of that.
For sure. And the famous beating in Boston too. Those events are marked with red iron on my brain.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:20 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Ottawa beat the Habs how?They played their heavyweights Alfredsson & Karlsson.Now don't get me wrong I hate beat downs more than the next guy,Ottawa just does it right besides Neil and he scored to rub salt on an open sore.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:49 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Ottawa beat the Habs how?They played their heavyweights Alfredsson & Karlsson.Now don't get me wrong I hate beat downs more than the next guy,Ottawa just does it right besides Neil and he scored to rub salt on an open sore.
If karlsson wad a hab he would be on the injury list, not the norris shortlist.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:01 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post

Look at how Scott for Buffalo changed the course of the game by beating Thornton soundly. The Sabres had wings after that.
The score was 0-0 when the fight happened, Buffalo then went 3-1 behind halfway through the second period. Not an awful lot of evidence that the fight in the first two minutes 'changed the course of the game' or made the Sabres 'grow wings' tbh...

Old
02-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman View Post
Well Boston has themselves to blame for forcing the hand of another team to GET a goon player to have to combat them. Believe me, the Sabres management was more than happy to have smallish, skilled forwards but they constantly got bullied and roughed up by Boston. I think it's hilarious this morning on Boston radio to hear people upset that no one on their club had Thornton's back last night. All their big guys suddenly turned "soft" and they didn't have the guts to challenge Buffalo's big guy. Too funny. The Bruins fan reaction is arguably better than the actual on ice incidents.
Cheers to that!

And...maybe I love the Sabres 'cause they have lots of small, good, entertaining players that I like to watch, but...a team like the Bruins won't let them play hockey...they'll stop playing hockey when they feel they can't make a comeback and just start going after players (injuring them, fighting them)...and then the NHL doesn't do anything about it...it's almost as if the NHL wants teams to goon it up.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Can't wait to see how MT reacts in those kind of games. I remember quite a few times where we were up by 2 or 3 goals against the Bruins and I was all pumped and then Julien starts rolling out his goon squad trying to injure our players and JM would do nothing about it. Somehow, those wins felt like losses. The Chara-MaxPac incident was a good example of that.
We were beating the **** out of the Bruins by playing hockey and Paciorety was HOT, and then...Bruins just went after our players and injured many of them (almost killed Pacioretty) and just bullied/beat up many small players (ex: Tom Pyatt).

I don't ever ever want to see the Bruins do this to us or any other team...ever ****ing again.

I respect Jacques Martin's Ghandi philosophy (really sincerely respect that), but...being a pacifist against the animal-Bruins just gets you injured, beat up, or almost killed (and the NHL just laughs at you after). Not sure Jacques Martin would have gone out there on ice to get beaten up by Bruin goons.

All this (Chara and Pacioretty) because of a ****ing shove (a shove to caveman Chara's pride).
(still don't know how Chara's wife/girlfriend sleeps with him...he must have the UGLIEST CAVEMAN FACE in the entire history of the NHL).

Old
02-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
We were beating the **** out of the Bruins by playing hockey and Paciorety was HOT, and then...Bruins just went after our players and injured many of them (almost killed Pacioretty) and just bullied/beat up many small players (ex: Tom Pyatt).

I don't ever ever want to see the Bruins do this to us or any other team...ever ****ing again.

I respect Jacques Martin's Ghandi philosophy (really sincerely respect that), but...being a pacifist against the animal-Bruins just gets you injured, beat up, or almost killed (and the NHL just laughs at you after). Not sure Jacques Martin would have gone out there on ice to get beaten up by Bruin goons.

All this (Chara and Pacioretty) because of a ****ing shove (a shove to caveman Chara's pride).
(still don't know how Chara's wife/girlfriend sleeps with him...he must have the UGLIEST CAVEMAN FACE in the entire history of the NHL).
What was Martin suppose to do? Send who to fight? Gainey build that smurf team. And I will never understand how a guy, who was tough to play against and played on teams with the greatest of mix of skills and toughness didn't believe in building one himself.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:07 AM
TennisMenace

I still am amazed many of you here are so opposed to one big heavyweight, like a John Scott, to be on the 4th line to be watching out for abuse taken against our skilled players. As if Armstrong and White are so much more valuable. What contributions do they make?
The proof is there fellows- no Sabres got injured or bullied after that fight. No last minute goon tactics even at home. Do you really want to see Max, Gally, PK, etc take on any of the Boston thugs? None of the Sabres skilled guys had to worry with Bug John out there.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:47 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
When ?
on L'antichambre. If I remember, Odjick was on the panel at the same time.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:25 AM
firewagon77*

Make a trade with the blues to get Cody Beach he is only 20 and a true heavyweight,had 56 points in 58 games in the whl last year and has 6 points in 10 games so far in the ahl 6 foot 5 and can fight.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:18 AM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypuck191 View Post
Make a trade with the blues to get Cody Beach he is only 20 and a true heavyweight,had 56 points in 58 games in the whl last year and has 6 points in 10 games so far in the ahl 6 foot 5 and can fight.
I like Cody Beach but he's not a heavyweight in the pro ligue at this point.He have yet to fight a heavy in the ahl. He's not the answer for the moment but in a long run, he can become interesting. Luke Gazdic is a name that majority of peoples don't know but he's probably the best answer if you want to bring up a ahl tough guy who can play

Old
02-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Et le But

At this point we might as well trade Eller for a goon. If someone is going to sit in the pressbox 75% of the time it might as well be someone who won't get messed up for it. So yeah, if that's the alternative **** it, why not.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:43 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
I still am amazed many of you here are so opposed to one big heavyweight, like a John Scott, to be on the 4th line to be watching out for abuse taken against our skilled players. As if Armstrong and White are so much more valuable. What contributions do they make?
Grinders grind. Their whole purpose is to wear down a line and let the skilled players rest. If you play a Cam Janssen all you're doing is putting your team in jeopardy of getting scored on.

I would be all for adding Ryan Clowe to the team for example because he has skill to back up his fists.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:45 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
At this point we might as well trade Eller for a goon. If someone is going to sit in the pressbox 75% of the time it might as well be someone who won't get messed up for it. So yeah, if that's the alternative **** it, why not.
Or Little Louie can be added to sweeten the pot.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:10 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Keep the trade proposals to the trade proposal thread.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
firewagon77*

Brad Staubitz is with the ducks,and the ducks farm team is loaded with goons Pierre-Luc Letourneau Leblond,Jay Rosehil,and Troy Bodie who played with Gorges and Moen when they won the memorial cup in kelowna.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Roulin

Quote:
The proof is there fellows- no Sabres got injured or bullied after that fight. No last minute goon tactics even at home. Do you really want to see Max, Gally, PK, etc take on any of the Boston thugs? None of the Sabres skilled guys had to worry with Bug John out there.
If only we had a heavyweight to go against Scott, this might be a closer game.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Et le But

John Scott: Still a terrible hockey play.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:59 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

we do not

Closed Thread