HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

HF Sharks 13 (PS3): New Game, Old Thread

Old
12-20-2012, 12:20 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Pay over the average (at least $6.31 at the moment) and get Dungeon Defenders with DLC that activates on steam!

I'll probably grab it. If anyone wants to add me on steam my steam ID is chubbchubby.
I loved Dungeon Defenders. I'll add you Chubbs.

SharksFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:03 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

vCash: 500
Free Torque DLC for Borderlands 2
xfinity.aditive.com/app/400019/400102/

I just made a new twitter account because I didn't want to use my facebook. They still have 700+ PS3 codes available and probably the same amount of 360 (no more PC though).

I also had to use IE since my extensions stopped the page from loading.

Chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:59 PM
CostcoPizza
Registered Machine

Someone get on and play this game.

CostcoPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:25 AM
thrillermiller89

any reason why you guys don't play with a goalie?

do you not like playing with goalies? or do you just have nobody that plays the position?

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Chubbs
Toasty

We rarely ever have 6 people on at a time anyway.

I goalie battle with fetus a ton though in OTP.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:46 AM
thrillermiller89

you guys don't do drop-ins much do you?

I've only seen asylum, fetus, and cloner.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:09 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post

Not much. I usually do it either for goalie battles, or to quit when after a few minutes since I don't have Legend 3 yet.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Sharks4Life

So what are the odds that now that hockey is gonna be back on that people will start playing more again? lol

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:29 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
So what are the odds that now that hockey is gonna be back on that people will start playing more again? lol
I probably will, especially now that I finally finished the Walking Dead and am almost done with XCOM.

SharksFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:

Do you use thrillermiller89 as your PSN GT because I've played with and against someone with that GT in drop-ins. My PSN GT is Boobookitty99.

Hatrick Marleau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:56 AM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Do you use thrillermiller89 as your PSN GT because I've played with and against someone with that GT in drop-ins. My PSN GT is Boobookitty99.
yes that's my PSN GT, lol

and I believe I recall seeing Boobookitty99 hahahaha

Last edited by thrillermiller89: 01-08-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old
01-08-2013, 01:00 AM
thrillermiller89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Not much. I usually do it either for goalie battles, or to quit when after a few minutes since I don't have Legend 3 yet.
Legend 3 is a tough one to get. Just takes time and patience (too many bad/annoying players who don't know how to play their positions).

But I found that the best way to get it is to play as a forward and only play against human goalies.

I played at RD until I got to Superstar 3. Then I made the switch to RW and got to Legend 3 in no time.

Legend 3 at goalie is a whole other story though. My goalie is at Superstar 2 but I still find myself making bad plays at times.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:25 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Legend 3 is a tough one to get. Just takes time and patience (too many bad/annoying players who don't know how to play their positions).
Oh, no the grades are no problem, I'm just like 50 games away.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:

But I found that the best way to get it is to play as a forward and only play against human goalies.

I played at RD until I got to Superstar 3. Then I made the switch to RW and got to Legend 3 in no time.

Legend 3 at goalie is a whole other story though. My goalie is at Superstar 2 but I still find myself making bad plays at times.
I've stopped playing OTP recently and just played versus. This is that annoying post-Christmas period where all the 13-20 year olds who don't know how to really play the game got NHL 13 for Christmas and there is a chance they may never pass the puck the entire game.

Those guys are not fun to play with OR against, as it's either way too aggravating or way too easy.

At least with versus once you get past a certain level, you pretty much won't see those players matched up against you.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Cloned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:27 AM
thrillermiller89

Played a drop-in game with McSkittlez yesterday....

He was killin' it in net, but there was some ****** dman on our team who stayed offsides all game, then just decided to put his controller down. I can't stand the people who piss and moan because they don't get a forward position, then they ruin the game for everyone else.

I don't know why EA didn't put a "boot" function in this game so you could vote with your team to kick people out of your game.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:13 PM
JumboThornton92

long time no see guys!

JumboThornton92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Dwight Schrude

Looking for a team! Just bought a ps3 and NHL13 today. Lol. I know I'm a bit late but I'm a solid player.

Dwight Schrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 01:11 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:

He was killin' it in net, but there was some ****** dman on our team who stayed offsides all game, then just decided to put his controller down. I can't stand the people who piss and moan because they don't get a forward position, then they ruin the game for everyone else.

I don't know why EA didn't put a "boot" function in this game so you could vote with your team to kick people out of your game.
I knew I recognized your name from somewhere. Kinda sucked how that one defenseman was just messing around ruining the fun. Besides that one defenseman, the whole team played pretty well which is a rarity in drop-ins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloweture View Post
Looking for a team! Just bought a ps3 and NHL13 today. Lol. I know I'm a bit late but I'm a solid player.
I'm sure we love to have you but we aren't as active as you might hope. We also play quite late whenever we have a chance to play. But if you're fine with that we can send you an invite if that's alright with everyone else.

McSkittlez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:27 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:

There are two main types of drop-in games:

1. The ones where you're really good compared to the other team and it's no contest.

2. The ones where everyone on the other side is on the same EASHL team and you're on a team with no concept of teamwork.

There is a third type of game, the ultra-rare one, where both teams are good and you get a closely played game.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Well, kind of resurrecting a dead thread here, but the new achievements list for NHL 14 got released today. There are lots of interesting things there, including lots of BeaPro things which were not in 13 (things like making money, fan/teammate/management/family likeability, marketability, etc.). For EASHL, there's something called Seasons HUB, which could just be a name change to EASHL HUB but which I'm hoping is more like FIFA's Online Seasons mode.

There's also an EASHL achievement to boost your player by +15, which likely means they will let you use the same +5 boost in up to 3 different boost slots...

Old
07-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Chubbs
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Well, kind of resurrecting a dead thread here, but the new achievements list for NHL 14 got released today. There are lots of interesting things there, including lots of BeaPro things which were not in 13 (things like making money, fan/teammate/management/family likeability, marketability, etc.). For EASHL, there's something called Seasons HUB, which could just be a name change to EASHL HUB but which I'm hoping is more like FIFA's Online Seasons mode.

There's also an EASHL achievement to boost your player by +15, which likely means they will let you use the same +5 boost in up to 3 different boost slots...
or they are changing up the boosts completely, like making them 5, 10, and 15 instead of 1, 3, and 5.

Old
07-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post

Maybe they got rid of the cards system and have preset attributes for each player type that you can only improve with boosts.

Old
07-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
or they are changing up the boosts completely, like making them 5, 10, and 15 instead of 1, 3, and 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Maybe they got rid of the cards system and have preset attributes for each player type that you can only improve with boosts.
Good ideas.

With Chubbs, I think if they did that, then they must have lowered attribute bases or made increases really expensive across the board. Otherwise I can't see how having 99 in nearly every important category makes sense. Unless of course they want EASHL to actually have really good players in terms of attributes and make it so you can actually build a Drew Doughty or a Sidney Crosby type.

With HM's, that might be the case. I can see them doing a FIFA-style EASHL where there are no attribute points to spend, only improvements that are unlocked via in-game achievements and which you can boost with hockey shop...this seems like the more likely possibility imo.

Old
07-12-2013, 03:09 PM
thrillermiller89

hopefully they modified the attribute cap...

you cant even make a decent power forward centerman without his faceoff completely sucking.... and the playmaker was built too dominant

anyone else wonder how it is that you start the game with a 46 overall rating even though all your preset stats are set to 65?

Old
07-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
hopefully they modified the attribute cap...

you cant even make a decent power forward centerman without his faceoff completely sucking.... and the playmaker was built too dominant

anyone else wonder how it is that you start the game with a 46 overall rating even though all your preset stats are set to 65?
I actually don't like the playmaker. I feel slow and I get pushed around. I use TWF for center and TWF/SNP/PWF for wing.

The reason they are 46 overall is because some attributes are weighted very heavily (offensive/defensive awareness) so when they aren't up your overall will suffer.