HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Sabres vs Montreal Canadiens-2:00pm EST Super Bowl Weekend Game CBC,RDS (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
Common dude, eller's doesn't play with enough heart, the point of benching him was to light a fire under his but, so he finally play at his full potentiel. During the offseason Rick Dudley said that Lars Eller was definetly a top 6 forward so i understand why they want to get him going.
He played 1 game before he got singled by Therrien on a night where the entire team had played like pure crap. He was then re-inserted into the lineup to play at a position he is not good at (I don't know how many times we need to try Eller at wing to see that it just doesn't work, you would think as professional hockey evaluators they would see this before fans have, Eller is not good on the wing) and where he wasn't even worse than his centremen Desharnais. Meanwhile White and Armstrong haven't played any better.

Eller is getting less responsibilities than he did in his rookie year with the team. It's absurd to have made a judgement on Eller after one game, though I'm not surprised because MT had singled him out before the season even started.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Gary320

WOW. I can't believe how many people are upset over this.

You do realize PK Subban has had ONE full practice, also hasn't played since April and everyone in the league has had 2 weeks of game time? ITS ONE GAME.. a game that hasn't started yet. If the coach thinks he really is game ready, he'll get his extra minutes tonight. Let the game start before you hate the decision atleast. If the coach plays 7 D's for the next 5 games or what not, then go ahead and complain.. but it's been one game.

Good decision.

I'm pretty sure if the season started today and PK still had one full practice, they would play with 6 D.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Put PK on the fourth line and let him bang bro

Old
02-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Halifaxhab*

Does John Scott get a standing ovation when he hits the ice pre-game?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:37 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Subban hasn't played a game in ten months... Playing 7 defense in a back to back against divisional opponents makes sense.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Im so tired of all the negative gossiping around the habs this year.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He played 1 game before he got singled by Therrien on a night where the entire team had played like pure crap. He was then re-inserted into the lineup to play at a position he is not good at (I don't know how many times we need to try Eller at wing to see that it just doesn't work, you would think as professional hockey evaluators they would see this before fans have, Eller is not good on the wing) and where he wasn't even worse than his centremen Desharnais. Meanwhile White and Armstrong haven't played any better.

Eller is getting less responsibilities than he did in his rookie year with the team. It's absurd to have made a judgement on Eller after one game, though I'm not surprised because MT had singled him out before the season even started.
You are wrong. White is playing well in his role and ticking off all the boxes he is supposed to. Eller has not been doing the same. White is just fine for the 4th line/energy guy that he is. What exactly is Eller???

Old
02-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Im so tired of all the negative gossiping around the habs this year.
You can blame the management for this. They have created this situation. It even seems to have been done on purpose.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:40 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Don't take just this moment. Take the entire package that PK must be feeling. Put yourself in his shoes. Contract low ball. No 5s. 7th D.

http://twitter.com/BWildeCTV/statuse...56315416133632
Like I said, you people need to CALM DOWN.

Contract "lowball": This has nothing to do with Subban personally. It's just part of Bergevin's philosophy... I personally don't fully agree with it, but he's the GM and that's way he's going to run things. It was reported MANY times that the main contractual issue was a DIFFERENCE IN PHILOSOPHIES.

Triple low 5s: Once again, nothing personal. Therrien is all about the "team first" mentality. He doesn't want the attention to be focused on individual players anymore. He wants the team to be humble. New coach = new mentality. Simple as that.

7 defensemen: Good decision. PK hasn't played in 9 months and has only practiced with the team once. It's just a safety net until Subban learns the system and gets back to game shape.

Now if you want to believe that the organization is purposely singling out Subban, then go right ahead. I'm tired of the constant negativity. I'm tired of the imaginary media-created drama. Enough is enough. Let them play.

02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
You can blame the management for this. They have created this situation. It even seems to have been done on purpose.
The team is winning... so far... I think the fans and the media are to blame here.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:42 PM
pine*

#FireTherrien
#FireLefebvre

Old
02-02-2013, 12:43 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

2 pm, really?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Like I said, you people need to CALM DOWN.

Contract "lowball": This has nothing to do with Subban personally. It's just part of Bergevin's philosophy... I personally don't fully agree with it, but he's the GM and that's way he's going to run things. It was reported MANY times that the main contractual issue was a DIFFERENCE IN PHILOSOPHIES.

Triple low 5s: Once again, nothing personal. Therrien is all about the "team first" mentality. He doesn't want the attention to be focused on individual players anymore. He wants the team to be humble. New coach = new mentality. Simple as that.

7 defensemen: Good decision. PK hasn't played in 9 months and has only practiced with the team once. It's just a safety net until Subban learns the system and gets back to game shape.
You can close your eyes and choose to deny it but all these things add up to something else.

I don't give a crap about the celebration but it's weird that it has come out and become a media story. Why did the media ask about this ? How did they know to ask ?

As for the bold part, common. You know that's horse crap. A player of PK's talent could have been reinserted into the lineup the minute he was able to be physically there. It would have made sense to make him play 10 minutes last wednesday and go with 7 dmen. But not now.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
MT is a ****ing joke.

Habs will go with 7 D. PK and Kaberle draw in. Just trade PK if you're gonna disrespect him this much. What a joke. Seriously. A joke.

https://twitter.com/BWildeCTV/status...53451838992385
It could be that they want to use Subban and Kabs on the second PP unit to pad his stats and make him tradeable. He's not tradeable if doesn't play.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
2 pm, really?
Easily the post of the thread.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
You are wrong. White is playing well in his role and ticking off all the boxes he is supposed to. Eller has not been doing the same. White is just fine for the 4th line/energy guy that he is. What exactly is Eller???
What is Eller?

1. More talented than White and Amstrong
2. More defensively responsible and more discipline
3. A better Pker
4. Has the ability to defend tougher matchups (he has proven this over the last 2 years)
5. Is a strong puck possession player
6. Carries the puck through the neutral zone more successfully
7. Possesses more offensive potential than White ever will or any offense Armstrong has left in his game.
8. Eller is a strong ES producer which this team currently lacks

Therrien decided his evaluation of Eller after one game (the first game of the season) in which everyone played bad. Eller wasn't even the worst player and hasn't even been the worst player upon his return. And if they don't like Eller, you don't waste an asset and lower his value by putting him in positions where he won't succeed. If Therrien can't see that Eller's game isn't suited for wing, if Therrien can't see that Subban already is an extremely good hockey player, then I question his ability as an evaluator.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The team is winning... so far... I think the fans and the media are to blame here.
We weren't talking about the team's success on the ice. You said you were tired of the controversy and I told you that the management created the controversy. I don't know why you brought up the fact the team is winning.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
What is Eller?

1. More talented than White and Amstrong
2. More defensively responsible and more discipline
3. A better Pker
4. Has the ability to defend tougher matchups (he has proven this over the last 2 years)
5. Is a strong puck possession player
6. Carries the puck through the neutral zone more successfully
7. Possesses more offensive potential than White ever will or any offense Armstrong has left in his game.
8. Eller is a strong ES producer which this team currently lacks

Therrien decided his evaluation of Eller after one game (the first game of the season) in which everyone played bad. Eller wasn't even the worst player and hasn't even been the worst player upon his return. And if they don't like Eller, you don't waste an asset and lower his value by putting him in positions where he won't succeed. If Therrien can't see that Eller's game isn't suited for wing, if Therrien can't see that Subban already is an extremely good hockey player, then I question his ability as an evaluator.
He's not there to evaluate talent, he's there to talk with the media.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
It could be that they want to use Subban and Kabs on the second PP unit to pad his stats and make him tradeable. He's not tradeable if doesn't play.
Then why not play Weber and Eller more, who have contracts that aren't toxic?

Old
No Style Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Put PK on the fourth line and let him bang bro
haha no but seriously... not that crazy. i bet he'd be good at it.

Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

I dont really get it. Even i pk plays awful and out of place which i doubt i would still rather go with 5 d for the rest of the game then play kaberle... This guy hurts us more than help

Old
02-02-2013, 12:55 PM
No Team Needed

I highly doubt Therrien is making his decisions based on what players could be tradeable in the future.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
No excuses, that's why!

But really, I think the habs believe kaberle to be tradeable. Even if we have to keep some of his salary and caphit,it would be worth it to get an asset back. Otherwise, if you don't think kaberle is tradeable, why not play weber and up his value? It's obvious one of the two has to go.

Old
02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
They are RFAs. They are young, controllable, and cheap. There's no reason to move then (other than class).

Kaberle is expensive and obviously not part of the plans.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
2 pm, really?
Superbowl week-end tradition

Closed Thread