HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Jordan Schroeder Appreciation Thread!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 03:45 AM
  #151
myrocketsgotcracked
Registered User
 
myrocketsgotcracked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country:
Posts: 1,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by solitary View Post
Couldn't agree more.

I gota say though, Schroeder and Raymond look great together. Just need someone to really seal that line together. Someone big and fast.... wait how about Kassian? If his chemistry does dry up with the Sedin's that is always an option.


Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Lapierre - Malhotra - Higgins
Weise, Volpatti

...is probably a better lineup though.
for next year maybe jensen will make a good linemate for schroeder and raymond. but 2 rookies on a line, would AV allow that?

myrocketsgotcracked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:47 AM
  #152
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,502
vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrocketsgotcracked View Post
for next year maybe jensen will make a good linemate for schroeder and raymond. but 2 rookies on a line, would AV allow that?
If Jensen shows he can play, AV will play him. See: Kassian and Schroeder.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:06 AM
  #153
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 9,994
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Sucks our second PP unit isn't great, well our PP in general isn't great but that's a topic for another day, but I think if our PP was better, we'd see Schroeder with more points. He has great vision, and he seems to be getting more confidence as each game wears on. Haven't really seen what he can do on the PP yet as we rarely get set up for any chances, if at all with that second unit.

I like what I'm seeing from Schroeder. Solid player defensively too.
Didn't catch the game - anyone notice whether they still have him planted in the high slot on the PP? Why would they want him there? So he can be the one tipping pucks in and not Burr?

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:21 AM
  #154
Tiranis
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Didn't catch the game - anyone notice whether they still have him planted in the high slot on the PP? Why would they want him there? So he can be the one tipping pucks in and not Burr?
Nope, he's now down by the goal line and by the boards on the left side. That said, it doesn't seem permanent or anything, he did rotate into the slot a few times. Not a fan of how the PP is setup.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:47 AM
  #155
Wolfhard
Registered User
 
Wolfhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
I'd love to see Booth and Raymond on his wings. Both of them are such head-down, players with the puck, and typically the play dies soon after they get it. Someone with the vision and creativity of Schroeder could be great for both of them simply by adding a brain to their game. Controlling the play and distributing the puck to them at the right time, could be exactly what Booth needs, and we've seen how it's helped Raymond thus far. Booth would also add size and power to the Raymond/Schroeder combo that is already clicking, and could provide that net crashing presence, which might allow Raymond to hover around the slot on the edge of traffic, looking for rebounds.

Just hope that if (when?) Raymond relapses again, he doesn't take Schroeder's opportunity with him.

Wolfhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
  #156
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhard View Post
I'd love to see Booth and Raymond on his wings. Both of them are such head-down, players with the puck, and typically the play dies soon after they get it. Someone with the vision and creativity of Schroeder could be great for both of them simply by adding a brain to their game. Controlling the play and distributing the puck to them at the right time, could be exactly what Booth needs, and we've seen how it's helped Raymond thus far. Booth would also add size and power to the Raymond/Schroeder combo that is already clicking, and could provide that net crashing presence, which might allow Raymond to hover around the slot on the edge of traffic, looking for rebounds.

Just hope that if (when?) Raymond relapses again, he doesn't take Schroeder's opportunity with him.


I don't want to see Booth with Schroeder and Raymond. To me, Booth and Raymond are too similar in their tunnel vision. You need a creator with Schroeder to really maximize it's potential. Someone like Kassian fits, but I think Burrows could also fit.


If they keep choosing to put Kassian on the top line, then it does free up Burrows to go where he's needed. Re-unite AMEX, and then put Burrows on the RW with Raymond and Schroeder. This way, you still have each player contributing to the 2way game, instead of having to protect Booth from when he's off his game.


The underlying numbers to AMEX, even though short in sample, were very encouraging. We know Kesler "loves" playing with Higgins. Then there's the Booth-Kesler Detroit connection. It just seems like a natural fit for a 2nd line. After doing this, it frees up Burrows or Kassian to shift spots on RW as necessary.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:29 AM
  #157
Wolfhard
Registered User
 
Wolfhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I don't want to see Booth with Schroeder and Raymond. To me, Booth and Raymond are too similar in their tunnel vision. You need a creator with Schroeder to really maximize it's potential. Someone like Kassian fits, but I think Burrows could also fit.


If they keep choosing to put Kassian on the top line, then it does free up Burrows to go where he's needed. Re-unite AMEX, and then put Burrows on the RW with Raymond and Schroeder. This way, you still have each player contributing to the 2way game, instead of having to protect Booth from when he's off his game.


The underlying numbers to AMEX, even though short in sample, were very encouraging. We know Kesler "loves" playing with Higgins. Then there's the Booth-Kesler Detroit connection. It just seems like a natural fit for a 2nd line. After doing this, it frees up Burrows or Kassian to shift spots on RW as necessary.
Booth and Kesler to me were a lot like Raymond and Kesler. As much as they have history, Kesler didn't seem to like playing with him, and didn't pass to him very much. You could say that Kesler wasn't that different from Booth and Raymond with how he's played the past few years (though he clearly has more skill than both). I see the same tunnel vision issues with Kesler/Booth as Raymond/Booth, but Schroeder has better vision and creativity than Higgins, to help overcome the deficiencies of his linemates.

Though, all being said and done, I'm sure we'll see both options at some point, and it'll be up to the players to decide who's best where, and our guesses are simply guesses until that happens.

I'll just be happy to see Weise taken out of a 2nd line type role. I like him alot as a 4th liner with 3rd line upside, but don't want to see him in a pure offensive role! haha

I think I'd rather see Burrows with Kesler and Higgins. All those guys have histories of playing well together and have amazing 2 way ability. Raymond, Booth and Schroeder would also be good defensively, with a fair amount of danger offensively.

Wolfhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:53 AM
  #158
Keifer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
amazing young player, he gets closer and closer to scoring each game...dude is working his ass off right now, i can't wait til nicklas jensen makes the team, he will turn some heads and if he get's to play with jordan and mason next season...look out people, thatll be a perfect 3rd line

Keifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:11 AM
  #159
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhard View Post
I'd love to see Booth and Raymond on his wings. Both of them are such head-down, players with the puck, and typically the play dies soon after they get it. Someone with the vision and creativity of Schroeder could be great for both of them simply by adding a brain to their game. Controlling the play and distributing the puck to them at the right time, could be exactly what Booth needs, and we've seen how it's helped Raymond thus far. Booth would also add size and power to the Raymond/Schroeder combo that is already clicking, and could provide that net crashing presence, which might allow Raymond to hover around the slot on the edge of traffic, looking for rebounds.

Just hope that if (when?) Raymond relapses again, he doesn't take Schroeder's opportunity with him.
Perhaps Raymond is 27 years old now and has learned to keep his head in the game and create on every shift. I dont think he will 'relapse' again. Not to the same degree anyways.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
  #160
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
I can't properly state how impressed I am with Schroeder's start to the season. He hasn't looked out of place at all for me, and seems to get better every game. Hell he looks as good as Hodgson did coming to play at the same age.

Making me very excited for the future of this team.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
  #161
Wolfhard
Registered User
 
Wolfhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Perhaps Raymond is 27 years old now and has learned to keep his head in the game and create on every shift. I dont think he will 'relapse' again. Not to the same degree anyways.
I'm hoping he doesn't, but he's done the impressive 6-10 game stretch many times, only to go silent for 20 more. He actually did it last year, right after he came back from injury.

I'm hoping it's what you said though, and he's finally realized that he needs to keep it up. Historically, he does well, and then sits back and lets old bad habits return.
Schroeder is helping him a lot by taking the pressure off of him trying to carry the puck into the zone. He can hit the line with speed, and Schroeder finds him with the pass. If they can build on that, and maybe add another scoring threat to the line, it'll take pressure off Raymond, and make Schroeder's passes even less predictable. I think he can handle more options!

Wolfhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
  #162
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Shredder can really throw a long accurate saucer pass.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:24 AM
  #163
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
Shredder can really throw a long accurate saucer pass.
Anyone got a clip of this? Was at a bar and didn't pay full attention! I want to see!

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:29 AM
  #164
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Anyone got a clip of this? Was at a bar and didn't pay full attention! I want to see!
One moment please.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:30 AM
  #165
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Anyone got a clip of this? Was at a bar and didn't pay full attention! I want to see!
i'll try to find it, but it was a cross ice pass, maybe 7-8 feet in the air, that landed literally on Raymonds stick while he was skating at full flight.

Pretty damn impressive.

YouCantYandleThis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:32 AM
  #166
Lowkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
i'll try to find it, but it was a cross ice pass, maybe 7-8 feet in the air, that landed literally on Raymonds stick while he was skating at full flight.

Pretty damn impressive.
Sedinish

Lowkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:38 AM
  #167
Tiranis
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,955
vCash: 500
Schroeder really needs to be put with some guys that can produce off the rush. Weise is not really that type of a player. Booth, Burrows, or Kassian would be great on that line.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:40 AM
  #168
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Anyone got a clip of this? Was at a bar and didn't pay full attention! I want to see!

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:02 PM
  #169
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341


He also makes a nice defensive play.

I know I've seen him do even longer ones then that just as accurately in his short stint this year, this is just one of the ones that stood out last night.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:09 PM
  #170
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,522
vCash: 500
Thank you good sir! That is quite a pass, indeed!

He's shown great passing vision, but what I am waiting to see is the Schroeder one-timer. It's a beauty. Shame there's no one to set him up for it

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:11 PM
  #171
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War
 
AndyPipkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Thank you good sir! That is quite a pass, indeed!

He's shown great passing vision, but what I am waiting to see is the Schroeder one-timer. It's a beauty. Shame there's no one to set him up for it
He's been wanting to unleash it for a while, just hasn't gotten a good enough setup yet.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:14 PM
  #172
yoss
Registered User
 
yoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,974
vCash: 500
I wasn't sure what to expect with Schroeder, but I am liking everything I'm seeing basically so far. Too bad he couldn't tap in the game winner there late in the 3rd, though he got it anyways in the SO.

One thing I love about his game is his passing and playmaking ability. Looks comfortable on offense, is defensively responsible and i think its only a matter of time before he scores. Really impressed with the kid so far, doesn't look out of place at all. Even in his first game. Pleasantly surprised, we definitely needed him to play well being thin at the center position to start the year.

Good job Schroeder.

Some real nice passes lately. That Raymond goal and the saucer one above. Love how our young guys have great vision and playmaking ability. Something we lacked other than the twins. Both Schroeder and Kass bring that element.

yoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
  #173
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keifer View Post
amazing young player, he gets closer and closer to scoring each game...dude is working his ass off right now, i can't wait til nicklas jensen makes the team, he will turn some heads and if he get's to play with jordan and mason next season...look out people, thatll be a perfect 3rd line
A small speedy center, who's still learning faceoffs and sits below 50%, and doesn't kill penalties, while never being mistaken for a shutdown center... along with a speedy winger with zero physical presence... and a rookie winger getting his first taste of the NHL? Does that seem like the "perfect 3rd line"?

Did you forget who coaches this team?

To me, that's a 2nd line on a rebuilding team... or possibly a 3rd line on an offensive team that runs with 3 offensive lines. Not a 3rd line on an AV team.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
  #174
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
A small speedy center, who's still learning faceoffs and sits below 50%, and doesn't kill penalties, while never being mistaken for a shutdown center... along with a speedy winger with zero physical presence... and a rookie winger getting his first taste of the NHL? Does that seem like the "perfect 3rd line"?

Did you forget who coaches this team?

To me, that's a 2nd line on a rebuilding team... or possibly a 3rd line on an offensive team that runs with 3 offensive lines. Not a 3rd line on an AV team.


Wouldn't it be something for Schroeder to eventually develop the face-offs (he's had games where's he's finished above 60%) and play on the PK? He becomes much more valuable at that point.


I kind of hope they eventually add this to Kassian's game as well. Similar to what Perry and Getzlaf do in ANA. That kind of versatility would be exceptional to have in a player.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
  #175
mossey3535
Registered User
 
mossey3535's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,311
vCash: 500
I think the reason we are seeing what he can really do is that with the injury situation being what it is, he is getting 14 minutes of icetime. IMO a rookie needs at least 13 minutes to accomplish anything.

I agree with Wolfhard, he will be good with Booth. The situation is much better for the team than three 'head-down' players like Booth Raymond and Kesler on the same line.

Schroeder looks like he could save Raymond. Unfortunately I can see Kesler continuing to black-hole it up on the second line, might as well save Booth from it.

mossey3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.