HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

No more triple low five

Old
02-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Souvenirs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
Triple low-five's after the game was about the most inoffensive celebrations IMHO.

I'm afraid to see what management will do when it will be offensive.

I think we need to rename MT to Michelle Therrien, as this makes me fell like hockey is being managed by frustrated women: can't do this, can't do that.

Ridiculous.

If a team "over-celebrates" let the opposing team respond on the ice and not like little girly's that talk behind their backs.

Next the locker rooms are gonna smell "potpourri".
Sounds like some hockey fans are frustrated bigoted men to me.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Sounds like some hockey fans are frustrated bigoted men to me.
You're right.

This thread his the epitome of stupidity.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Seemed as PK was going to triple low five Carey at the end LOL.

dkdanielkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyd View Post
I think we need to rename MT to Michelle Therrien, as this makes me fell like hockey is being managed by frustrated women: can't do this, can't do that.
Are you serious right now?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:06 PM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Lol at Gorges ignoring Subban during the celebrations... Dont know what his problem is but they need to fix the situation between both young players

CaptainIginla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Lol at Gorges ignoring Subban during the celebrations... Dont know what his problem is but they need to fix the situation between both young players
Gorges has spoken a lot lately and really never showed real sympathy for PK.

Plakanec is not a fan of PK, too, as well as Markovb.

Kind of weird thinking those three guys are wearing or worned an "A" on their jersey. It must mean something about what the leaders of this club are thinking about PK.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:29 PM
sheed36

Quote:
I don't know if there are actual problems between PK and some of his teammates or not but if there are the GM and coaches need to step in and straighten out any differences ASAP.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post

Kind of weird thinking those three guys are wearing or worned an "A" on their jersey. It must mean something about what the leaders of this club are thinking about PK.
Are you employed by CBC or RDS?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:37 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:

Ya, and this is what I learnt over the years from Plekanec, Gorges and Markov.

1. Plekanec - he gives short interviews and has very little to say. The most he's ever said was to call himself a little girl.

2. Gorges - otherwise known as Mr Clichee, gives all the basic run of the mill answers. Great player on the ice, but sure proved during the lockout that he's better off to keep his trap shut as most of the stuff outside the clichees he says sounds pretty stupid.

3. Markov - still haven't heard him phrase a sentence longer than 5 words. Perhaps it's a language thing. But who am I to judge, after all, he's only been living in Canada and working in an English system for ~ 15 years........

What I have learnt about PK Subban off the ice: He gets involved in the community and gives amazing interviews without a script.

I think that the Plekanec, Gorges and Markov should strive to be more like PK instead of letting their insecurities get the best of them.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Capitano

Ummmm...we won right? I'm kind of surprised at people being disappointed in Therrien banning the triple low 5...we just won 6-1 and played a fabulous game in all zones for pretty much 60 minutes...who the hell cares about the triple low 5? I love PK as long as he is a hab, and all that matters to me is if my players put in an effort win...you're not going to win 82 games...I will cheer them even when they lose if the effort is there.

And I have to say...MT's coaching has produced a lot of effort from our boys so far...love it.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Roulin

Quote:

What does Plekanec think of Armstrong? How about Lance Armstrong? Who are his favorite cousins? Did he enjoy Zero Dark Thirty?

Roulin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

i didn;t even see if there was any kind of alternate celebration today....did they do anything at all or just raise sticks?

bigtimehockeyfan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
I noticed this too. Skated right past him avoiding eye contact. It's like Paul McCartney & John Lennon.

Who cares as long as they win though.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
sheed36

Looks like Yakupov is the new Subban on the mainboard with his nightly thread.. I wonder if some of those Oiler fans now defending Yakupov were criticizing PK when everything he did was way overblown?

Old
02-02-2013, 05:24 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Man, I forgot how good PK is!

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:24 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
I noticed this too. Skated right past him avoiding eye contact. It's like Paul McCartney & John Lennon.

Who cares as long as they win though.
The GM and coach should care if there's a problem in the room. If they turn a blind eye to it things will eventually worsen and it will turn into a distraction later on. If some guys do have a problem with PK they need to work it out amongst themselves and move on.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Gally11

If Gorges really "cares about the team" then he should get over it.. Contracts done, signed stop being petty. I can see how PK can be a bit much but you don't want to create animosity in a locker room when team is playing as a team

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:30 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

1. Plekanec - he gives short interviews and has very little to say. The most he's ever said was to call himself a little girl.

2. Gorges - otherwise known as Mr Clichee, gives all the basic run of the mill answers. Great player on the ice, but sure proved during the lockout that he's better off to keep his trap shut as most of the stuff outside the clichees he says sounds pretty stupid.

3. Markov - still haven't heard him phrase a sentence longer than 5 words. Perhaps it's a language thing. But who am I to judge, after all, he's only been living in Canada and working in an English system for ~ 15 years........

What I have learnt about PK Subban off the ice: He gets involved in the community and gives amazing interviews without a script.

I think that the Plekanec, Gorges and Markov should strive to be more like PK instead of letting their insecurities get the best of them.
So true.

E = CH² is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereabouts Unknown View Post
If Gorges really "cares about the team" then he should get over it.. Contracts done, signed stop being petty. I can see how PK can be a bit much but you don't want to create animosity in a locker room when team is playing as a team
Gorges is a clown. His lockout antics along with his reaction towards Sub ban shows that. If he believes he's a true leader he needs to get over whatever silly issues he has for Pk for the sake of the team.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

Markov really doesn't like the media and plays the English is not my first language for all he can

Sorinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:51 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

anyway, how i think it really went down was that price and subban already knew it was played out, and that it didn't actually have be be said that it would be stopped. but therrien wanted to get that out in case they still thought it was cool. and it was only made public because think of all the coverage the issue still would have gotten had there been no announcement, and there was a win and no triple low five. then everyone would have asked all these questions anyway a la conspiracy locker room tension. at least this way it was no surprise to anyone. but i really don't think anyone needed to be told not to do it. they just decided to tell us to save the media from themselves.

i think many of us on here could have told you, last year, that there would be no triple low 5. it's like 'the voice' on seinfeld. it's funny, it's fun, it runs it's course, it's old. we all have inside jokes and running gags with our friends that eventually just fade away without even noticing. it was a novelty that if they continued, would lose its authenticity.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:55 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
All you meladrama *****es should just sit, watch the hockey game, and when its done, win or lose, go do something constructive.............

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Would be nice to see PK triple-low-five Budaj tomorrow after his win vs Ottawa

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
Leaf Shaker

Don't mean to troll, long time bulldogs fan and big time Price and P.K. fan.

This sounds really odd.

Why woud this bother the coach?

It really sounds like some players are jealous of their celebration and being a sissy about it, and putting the coach up to banning their celebrations.

Leaf Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Shaker View Post
Don't mean to troll, long time bulldogs fan and big time Price and P.K. fan.

This sounds really odd.

Why woud this bother the coach?

It really sounds like some players are jealous of their celebration and being a sissy about it, and putting the coach up to banning their celebrations.
IMO it's Therrien's way of establishing his authority. It seems kind of petty, but it's the coach's way of saying "I'm here, now we do things my way."

Roulin is online now   Reply With Quote