HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Inform me of the Avalanche

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 12:28 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Because most of the world lives in abject poverty. It's tragic that the only thing most of the population of the planet has nothing to follow but that borefest.
And most throwball fans live on their couch fighting heart disease and high blood pressure.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
And most throwball fans live on their couch fighting heart disease and high blood pressure.
most soccer fans are outside the stadiums fighting each other for the pure joy of it. (OK, not "most", but you get my point.)

Old
02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 900
Every other sport aside from hockey sucks.

Let's move on.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
most soccer fans are outside the stadiums fighting each other for the pure joy of it. (OK, not "most", but you get my point.)
Even soccer fans want to punch soccer fans.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Because most of the world lives in abject poverty. It's tragic that the only thing most of the population of the planet has nothing to follow but that borefest.
You really like that word abject poverty. England, Spain, Germany Italy, Netherlands and France yeah abject poverty. Who really cares about throwball outside hillbillies in America?

Old
02-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
It's very possible that after tomorrow, the Coyotes are going to move somewhere after this season finishes. I have decided to make the Avalanche my next favorite team due to the fact they are in close vicinity to where I live, as well as not being a division foe right now.

What about the Avalanche are positives, negatives, etc. What does the future hold, what is the plan from management.
Oh happy day oh happy day.

As for who you should cheer for? Just watch some games and your heart will choose for you. Lucky for you any team is better than the yotes so you can't lose.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Who really cares about throwball outside hillbillies in America?
Who really matters outside hillbillies in America?

Old
02-01-2013, 11:45 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Who really matters outside hillbillies in America?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:50 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You really like that word abject poverty. England, Spain, Germany Italy, Netherlands and France yeah abject poverty.
Latin America, Africa and the bulk of Asia don't have much disposable income. I know soccer fans labor under the delusion that every single country except the US is devoted to the beautiful game, but that isn't the case. It's not the most popular game in Australia, Japan, China, India, New Zealand.
Quote:
Who really cares about throwball outside hillbillies in America?
Maybe if our media congomerates psuhed football onto the rest of the world like they are us it would make traction with whatever self loathing hipsters exist beyond our borders. The complexity of the game does make it hard to pick up. But it's like how I feel about being Jewish, I know the guy knocking on the door passing out pamphlets isn't one of mine.

Make no mistake the LAST thing soccer fans in the rest of the world wants is a US that gives half a crap about soccer. our population and resources we would dominate the sport. Forget any stars playing anywhere but this side of the pond, none of this over the hill Beckham playing in a 4th rate league.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Latin America, Africa and the bulk of Asia don't have much disposable income. I know soccer fans labor under the delusion that every single country except the US is devoted to the beautiful game, but that isn't the case. It's not the most popular game in Australia, Japan, China, India, New Zealand.Maybe if our media congomerates psuhed football onto the rest of the world like they are us it would make traction with whatever self loathing hipsters exist beyond our borders. The complexity of the game does make it hard to pick up. But it's like how I feel about being Jewish, I know the guy knocking on the door passing out pamphlets isn't one of mine.

Make no mistake the LAST thing soccer fans in the rest of the world wants is a US that gives half a crap about soccer. our population and resources we would dominate the sport. Forget any stars playing anywhere but this side of the pond, none of this over the hill Beckham playing in a 4th rate league.
Yes, beacuse the game is so broad many great players come from those countries but the money and best football played in are the countries I named.

Congrats, you named 5 countries. I could name you 50 countries that couldn't give a dame about throwball. Hell Football is still popular in Japan and Australia.

Oh how arrogant/ignorant of you Hasbro. Players get bought for upto 130 million and make upto 25 million, you think America can really match that or even dominate it? puh lees.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

I'm not even sure why were discussing this here. As it has nothing to do with the OP, if you want to continue this I suggest you take it up in the other sports thread or leave it at you like your "sport" and I like mine.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yes, beacuse the game is so broad many great players come from those countries but the money and best football played in are the countries I named.
Faint praise.

Quote:
Congrats, you named 5 countries. I could name you 50 countries that couldn't give a dame about throwball. Hell Football is still popular in Japan and Australia.
Given soccer fans' habit of making vainglorious pronouncements of the sport's appeal I doubt it. Point is whena country can afford to play a sport that requires more equipment than something round they find other things to do.

Quote:
Oh how arrogant/ignorant of you Hasbro. Players get bought for upto 130 million and make upto 25 million, you think America can really match that or even dominate it? puh lees.
If we cared, yes. Hockey is a niche sport here, with an insular and provincial fanbase and still more popular than soccer and the majority of the world's best players are in the NHL and we are a power in the sport international. Track & Field outside of the Olympics yet our country dominates the sport. The hillbillies in America are enough to make the NFL the largest single league in the world. The US has the ability to field a league better than the EPL, et. al, just not one iota of the will it would take.

But fortunately for everyone else the game is a nonenity here. Thank the American fans who think pedantry about our game's and denegrating every other sport will somehow make the sport approachable.

Quote:
I'm not even sure why were discussing this here. As it has nothing to do with the OP, if you want to continue this I suggest you take it up in the other sports thread or leave it at you like your "sport" and I like mine.
I don't know why anyone brings up soccer in this country at all, it's not relevant here.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Given soccer fans' habit of making vainglorious pronouncements of the sport's appeal I doubt it. Point is whena country can afford to play a sport that requires more equipment than something round they find other things to do.

If we cared, yes. Hockey is a niche sport here, with an insular and provincial fanbase and still more popular than soccer and the majority of the world's best players are in the NHL and we are a power in the sport international. Track & Field outside of the Olympics yet our country dominates the sport. The hillbillies in America are enough to make the NFL the largest single league in the world. The US has the ability to field a league better than the EPL, et. al, just not one iota of the will it would take.

But fortunately for everyone else the game is a nonenity here. Thank the American fans who think pedantry about our game's and denegrating every other sport will somehow make the sport approachable.

I don't know why anyone brings up soccer in this country at all, it's not relevant here.
Yeah, that's clearly obvious from the countries I mentioned like England and Spain etc.

You obviously don't get it so, I spell it out for you. A team in England have spend 54 million euro this year and 76 million in 2011 and retard 154 million in 2010. That's 73/103/210 million in your American dollars. A French team has spent 130 million euro just this year. Name anyone who can match or dominate that in America? Keep in mind this is not players salaries they're paying. This is them just buying players out of their contract without taking into account players salaries.

This is the average salaries among professional teams. Football teams are in 4 of the top 5 and 7 of the top 10.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/...madrid-010501/

This will be my last post in the asinine subject. As it nothing to do with the OP and your clearly don't know what your talking about. Stick to your talentless sport.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
zombiekopitor
i am lorde, ya ya ya

vCash: 50
...On topic, what do you guys think about Mcginn?
I've tried to catch a few games and he looks exactly like he did in SJ pre-2012. He's using his speed and all over the puck, doing the little things right, but cant finish to save his life. Then he takes a couple games off and is completely invisible.
Do you guys see him as a long term top 6 winger, or even top 9 for that matter?
I would deff rather have him over Galardi at this point, the guy hasn't done jack **** since he got here.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

He costed Stastny 4 or 5 assists with his post shots from up close, he brings a lot of energy to the team, but his finishing skills leave much to be desired, considering his chances he should've had 5 or 6 goals right now instead of only 1.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 0
Guys , stay on topic plz

Old
02-02-2013, 08:31 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post
...On topic, what do you guys think about Mcginn?
I've tried to catch a few games and he looks exactly like he did in SJ pre-2012. He's using his speed and all over the puck, doing the little things right, but cant finish to save his life. Then he takes a couple games off and is completely invisible.
Do you guys see him as a long term top 6 winger, or even top 9 for that matter?
I would deff rather have him over Galardi at this point, the guy hasn't done jack **** since he got here.
Long term I think McGinn is probably better as a third line winger that can step in on a scoring line when needed.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
cgf

I hate some of you guys so damn much right now. Both footballs are awesome.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 0
Thread locked ,

It is way too off topic. if the OP need more informations we'll unlock it right away.

Until then it will remain closed

thanks

Closed Thread