HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pure Speculation

Old
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I like Lindros, and I've seen him a fair bit lately here in Leafs territory. I don't doubt that he has oodles of potential to be a great value signing for whoever signs him.

Don't really see it working out for him or for the fans in Montreal, though. Doesn't seem realistic.

But I'd rather have him than Arnott, that's for sure!

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
I'm no Lindros fan, but I'm assuming he's pried his lips from the Bonnie teat by now.
No, and you know, that's pretty sick.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:19 PM
habitue*

Roenick would be entertaining.... Too much for BG... And where would he play ? Is he still good enough to play on a second line ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Oh My God,

This weekend cannot get any worse.
Tell me about it.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:29 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
I would go as far as taking an overpaid Guerin instead of Lindros....Though anybody but Lindros is good with me.....Marc Chouinard would be better.....Halpern too....Weight too (even if I don't want him), of even Kozlov (though I don't want him either....)
Eric can do everything Ribiero can and more. A hungry man eats hard bread.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:34 PM
KaptainKourage*

No no no no no no please NO.
I like him. But, I like him as well as he stay out of Montreal.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:36 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Eric can do everything Ribiero can and more. A hungry man eats hard bread.
Ribeiro can play 82 games, Lindros can't play more than 50...

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:38 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan View Post
Ribeiro can play 82 games, Lindros can't play more than 50...
If you call it playing. Keep both of them for depth.

Old
07-02-2006, 01:40 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
If you call it playing. Keep both of them for depth.
I don't like Ribeiro either, but the guy scored 50 points anyway. He wasn't THAT bad...

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:46 PM
TomPlex

Lindros in Montreal? Are you guys crazy? Even if this guy wanted to play here, after two weeks he'd be demanding a trade after all the French media pressure. He didn't want to play with the QUEBEC Nordiques. QUEBEC. Montreal is in Quebec. French people galore. They will be asking him from day one all about that fiasco, and every french analyst would be criticizing BG for signing him, making his life a misery. Come on, they questioned Saku about him not speaking French, what do you think they're going to do with Eric Lindros?

All of that aside, he has skill, he's a big hitter, but he's waaaaay too injury prone for us. Look what happened when we lost Saku and Kovalev last season. We fell apart.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Lindros in Montreal? Are you guys crazy? Even if this guy wanted to play here, after two weeks he'd be demanding a trade after all the French media pressure. He didn't want to play with the QUEBEC Nordiques. QUEBEC. Montreal is in Quebec. French people galore. They will be asking him from day one all about that fiasco, and every french analyst would be criticizing BG for signing him, making his life a misery. Come on, they questioned Saku about him not speaking French, what do you think they're going to do with Eric Lindros?

All of that aside, he has skill, he's a big hitter, but he's waaaaay too injury prone for us. Look what happened when we lost Saku and Kovalev last season. We fell apart.
On the flipside, maybe the media will finally lay off Saku is Lindros rolls in town

Old
07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz View Post
On the flipside, maybe the media will finally lay off Saku is Lindros rolls in town

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:04 PM
GoHabsGO252006

I wouldn't mind signing one of Peca, Halpern or JR if the price is right and letting them battle with Plex for the 2 / 3 Center spot. I think all of them can offer alot of grit and some scoring ability.

Please No Ribeiro or even worse Lindross

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:04 PM
NewHabsEra*

I share Mike8 and Blind Garden's opinion... Lindros has always been an option to me, I know we could have him for cheap, he is big, skilled and its worth the gamble to wish he restart his carreer with a team where he will have a ton of pressure.. He would have the chance to prove he isnt a racist to several and this hate could eventually turn otherwise.. One thing sure, Lindros would have some highly skilled wingers as linemates, if ever he fail here in Mtl, that would be officially the end of a so desapointing carreer! Injuries are a prob but I still think its worth the gamble... I like Lindros alot more than Arnott, I just cant stand Arnott and his lazyness..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:21 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Daddy and mommy would not let him play here.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Bryzga lol*

I'd be great if he had an injury free season with Montreal, so we could make fun of Leafs fans. I say sign him just to see if it'll happen

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I'm very ambivalent about this Lindros possibility. Mike8, Blind Gardien and NHA make good, rational points. But I've never liked him, even when he was a junior. In fact, I've always strongly disliked him. But if he signed here and did well, I suppose I'd get over it.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:55 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I'm very ambivalent about this Lindros possibility. Mike8, Blind Gardien and NHA make good, rational points. But I've never liked him, even when he was a junior. In fact, I've always strongly disliked him. But if he signed here and did well, I suppose I'd get over it.
He is still very good in front of the net. Very very soft hands.

Old
07-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Nihilism

Lindros is a tool. It would be a disgrace to the organzation and it's history if he ever played for the Habs.

Nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
I'm not going to provide a source, so you can call this pure "speculation"

(However, some of the Mods know what my connection is...)

That being said...

This morning I heard that Gainey is consideirng a two year, two million offer ($1 million a season) to Eric Lindros.

Eric has recieved a 1-year offer from Toronto and has been contacted by two other teams (though one was Nashville who are likely out of the bidding with Arnott going there.)

Discuss.
he'd still get booed here.

I think lindros has proved that he just cant stay healthy. How many more chances should he get?

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Oh, I just listened to CKAC on my way home and I want Lindros here... Oh gosh, just to listen to these guys trash Lindros, Gainey and the whole world, I want Lindros!!! That's not only a hockey player you are bringing, it's months and months of quality radio programming guaranteed!!!!

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post

Lindros didn't want to go to a small market that happened to be Quebec. From what I've heard it was his agent (dad) that suggested he would get more money if he played for a large market team and I'd guess that he was likely correct.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Form and Substance

I don't know what Lindros did of his own volition to the people of Montreal, he's a genuinely nice guy (I've spoken to him a few times) and will come cheap. I hate his parents but for 1 mill I may take the risk. What do we have to lose anyway? If the kids supercede him then great, we'll keep him as a depth player. But geez the levelof animosity for the guy has stretched all levels of reason. I'd only agree to a 1 year deal though.

Last edited by Form and Substance: 07-02-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 10:14 PM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

Well it's pretty much one sided on this subject...........Around 90% against having one of the most dominating centres in the league, who HAS to play at 75% of his capability because of injury problems (concussions).

On the ice, with the Rangers & Toronto, at times was quick & offensively a force, and pretty much quiet and humble....(just going about his business)...He's nowhere as cocky as he once was, which is what a guy does (is) when he gets is clocked rung (put in his place),.

Lindros is better than half of the other players out there, while having to play causiously because of his " booboo head".

What's everyone afraid of? It's HIS loss if he can't handle the media, and it's OUR loss if the media runs him out of town.

Point being.......He (him & his parents) made a stupid decision (10 years ago) about wanting to go to a BIGGER market than Quebec,...it was about MONEY and ENDORSEMENTS............Hey...Mario almost did the same thing....not exactly the same but pretty darn close.....Alexandre Daigle is atop MY "Up Yours" List....Anyway....

Lindros for one or 2 million.........Sure.......When we start winning..the true fans will give him a chance.........

Put me on the short list of "YES" votes.........

HABIMUS-MAXIMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Sonik

Speaking of speculation, I heard that Brandon Witt is building himself a house in Mont-Tremblant. Maybe...

Sonik is offline   Reply With Quote