HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where would you rate the Habs in our divison

Old
07-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Rayne*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTSENS View Post
1. OTTAWA(2007 Stanley Cup Champions)
The most laughable one of them all. Ottawa will get canned in the playoffs like they do every year.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Wow very entertaining post right here. Try and find one place in my first post that shows any bashing towards Gaineys lack of movement or any whining what so ever. I'm serious, try and find it...........The reason you can't find any is because there isn't any whining. I was just curious to know what people thought about the moves that other teams did (ex: Chara and Savard to Boston) and how they affected the competitivness in our conference. I really don't understand your sudden anger towards me.

It's funny because I am on your side about Gainey's approche. I don't mind if Gainey doesn't sign any Top Notch UFA players. All I care about is that Gainey knows what he's doing. Now please.....there was no reason to get mad at me and I expect an apologie
Hey x-bob, I don't want to speak for Ford Perfect, and am glad to know you don't wear the hat he had fitted on your head, but you have to admit the whining and moaning and here the last couple days about how we suck and the whole world is crashing down in flames because we didn't sign anybody is beyond sickening. Even I who knows how Montreal fans can be fickle and spoiled brats am always surprised by these 12yo non-sensical knee-jerk reactions. It's pathetic and embarassing and makes for a lot less pleasant experience browsing through this board for new info and interesting discussions.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:02 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Hey x-bob, I don't want to speak for Ford Perfect, and am glad to know you don't wear the hat he had fitted on your head, but you have to admit the whining and moaning and here the last couple days about how we suck and the whole world is crashing down in flames because we didn't sign anybody is beyond sickening. Even I who knows how Montreal fans can be fickle and spoiled brats am always surprised by these 12yo non-sensical knee-jerk reactions. It's pathetic and embarassing and makes for a lot less pleasant experience browsing through this board for new info and interesting discussions.
I agree with you but he snapped at me for no real reason. He calls me a whining little b#tch and he gets praised. There is something really wrong here especially because my post has no whining or bashing in it!!!

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:04 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

The discussions sure as hell are interesting

Old
07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I agree with you but he snapped at me for no real reason. He calls me a whining little b#tch and he gets praised. There is something really wrong here especially because my post has no whining or bashing in it!!!
Well that might be true but I think you may have paid for all the others. You're like a mini Jesus. And I didn't mean to say you deserved the comment, I didn't even see who was quoted in the comment, it was just a general appreciation for the thought (at large, not directed towards anybody in particular).

Old
07-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz View Post
The discussions sure as hell are interesting
Well yes I guess if by "interesting" you mean makes you want to rip your eyeballs out with an old rusty fishing hook then yes they are indeed interesting.

Old
07-02-2006, 02:35 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Well yes I guess if by "interesting" you mean makes you want to rip your eyeballs out with an old rusty fishing hook then yes they are indeed interesting.
Oh absolutely...I didnt specify interesting AND intelligent

Old
07-02-2006, 02:46 PM
SPARTAKUS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreVX View Post
The most laughable one of them all. Ottawa will get canned in the playoffs like they do every year.
At least we'll make the playoffs this season again. But How about you Habs??? They will have to fight to the very last day of the season to know if they make the playoffs. That's the difference between MTL and my team. We know for a fact that we will make the playoffs and Habs fan only hope they will make it.

SPARTAKUS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:47 PM
davey999

Quote:
At least we'll make the playoffs this season again. But How about you Habs??? They will have to fight to the very last day of the season to know if they make the playoffs. That's the difference between MTL and my team. We know for a fact that we will make the playoffs and Habs fan only hope they will make it.
Sad, but true.

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:56 PM
x-bob

Quote:
But in the end we are both playing golf while Carolina or Tampa Bay are lifting the cup.....

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Ford Prefect

My post was not directed specifically at you, but when I open the page and see at least 5 threads dedicated to how we're not doing anything it annoys me. But my point does have merit to you as well. Why would you start a thread like this one day into free agency when there is SO much left to do? It's a subtle way to complain about the lack of movement 30 hours into the free agency period. You may not have been as overt as some of the other people, but the message was clear.

Ford Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

Sadly I prefer that, its exciting and a hell of a lot better than knowing your team can own other teams in the season but see them choke in the playoffs. Underdog teams rule IMO.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:55 PM
digitalmonkey*

4th

digitalmonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:37 PM
sandman08

weren't we expected/predicted to finish worse than the pens last year? to be drafting in the top 5? etc
we gave the canes a run for their money in round one
with no subtractions/additions per se.. who's to say we're gonna get better or worse?
as has been mentioned many times
theres plenty of time to see what happens
theres no point in predicting anything right now.. i mean... last year the phoenix suns went out and signed amare stoudamire to a "max" contract.. a week later he blew out his knee severely... he had microfracture surgery.. who's to say that between now and the beginning of the season something happens to one of those guys we shouldve (overpaid) to get? (not that i wish bad things upon any of those guys but you get the point)
its a wee bit premature for a thread like this imo

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 04:46 PM
vipergtsr404

Send a message via MSN to vipergtsr404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
You know, people like you are really starting to peave me hell off. Ever since noon yesterday people have been whining like little b!tches cause we didn't land a marquee free agent. What is the point of this thread? How can anyone make a determination of where we stand in the division 1 day into free agency and when there are still 3 months left to go til the season starts? There are still RFAs to sign, trades to make, prospect evaluations to be done... BG may make a big move tomorrow and all you bandwagon jumpers will love him again and said you had faith in him the whole time. He's won a Stanley Cup as a GM, he knows what he is doing.

If it comes October and the only thing he's done is sign Ribeiro to a lucrative multi-year deal, then by all means, make your opinions known. But for the love of GOD, stop whining like little grade school b!tches cause the latest toy in the window is gone. Grow the hell up.

Patience my friends patience this team is better like fine wines and worse becasue of moronic fans and there whining as posted shut the hell up and pay attention to the big picture theres more to winning championships than signing a UFA or 2.

vipergtsr404 is offline   Reply With Quote