Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Redmond & Postma > Hainsey & Clitsome?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:39 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
If you think Hains looks bad against top lines how do you think Postma or Redmond will look? Those two are not ready to handle the minutes Hains plays. The conclusions jumping on this board is astounding.

I can only imagine Hains will be moved at the deadline assuming we're out of it. He won't be hard to move because this is the last year of his contract and should definitely garner a better return then Oduya.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Hawker14

vCash: 500
The way Antropov is playing we could probably get a 2nd rounder for him, and if we got a 2nd rounder for Hainsey, it would be icing on the cake.

(Of course, this only makes sense if the organization maintains it's build-for-the-future blueprint, and the team isn't contending for the playoffs).

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
Why don't people get that the way a player is used affects his stats and the way he looks on the ice.

I liked Redmond and Postma but come on!

If you played that pair against Crosby and Malkin all game what exactly do you think would happen? Be honest. Not only do we expect these guys to shut down the very best players in the NHL, we ***** when they aren't scoring for some reason.

The biggest issue with Hainsey and Stuart is they are playing over their heads right now. The funny thing is, even though Hainsey is getting results while playing over his head, he still gets **** on around here.

Need to be more hockey savvy to disseminate what is really happening. That is why stats and breakdowns help the eyes.

In a perfect world Stuart is on the bottom pair with Postma and Bogo is Hainsey's rock pairing. In this instance Hainsey is got that solid partner he needs and is not playing the very toughest minutes. Then you see his value. That is where he fits in.

Of course, if you just want to mindlessly hate on a player that is your right and nothing that is said about him will ever sink in. I'd say get rid of him to set him free but the hate will just transfer onto the next player that is asked to play a higher role than they should.

02-02-2013, 03:04 PM
GoldenJet89

IF, IF we have a losing record at the deadline i think moving hainsey makes sense

it would hurt in the short term, but either through draft of FA we SHOULD hopefully be able to replace his production

some dont think second round picks amount to much but i personally think this is a great year to acquire as many 2nd and 3rd rounders as possible.. even though we already have lots.. Because it may allow us to package picks along with our 1st rounder to move up in the draft... assuming we wont be picking high anyways :p

GoldenJet89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:31 PM
JetsHomer

Kyle quincey got traded for a first. With the lack of D avaliable right now I can see a sellers market for D.

I think if Philly or Detriot or Ottawa is close they might offer up a first. Might be a 2014 first too.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Why don't people get that the way a player is used affects his stats and the way he looks on the ice.

I liked Redmond and Postma but come on!

If you played that pair against Crosby and Malkin all game what exactly do you think would happen? Be honest. Not only do we expect these guys to shut down the very best players in the NHL, we ***** when they aren't scoring for some reason.

The biggest issue with Hainsey and Stuart is they are playing over their heads right now. The funny thing is, even though Hainsey is getting results while playing over his head, he still gets **** on around here.

Need to be more hockey savvy to disseminate what is really happening. That is why stats and breakdowns help the eyes.

In a perfect world Stuart is on the bottom pair with Postma and Bogo is Hainsey's rock pairing. In this instance Hainsey is got that solid partner he needs and is not playing the very toughest minutes. Then you see his value. That is where he fits in.

Of course, if you just want to mindlessly hate on a player that is your right and nothing that is said about him will ever sink in. I'd say get rid of him to set him free but the hate will just transfer onto the next player that is asked to play a higher role than they should.

Did we just become Bro's for life..... I think so.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:42 PM
RalphyTSN1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Trading Hainsey would be fantastic. I assume he wouldn't draw much in return, a 3rd possibly.
Johnny Oduya was sent to Chicago for a second and a third in this years draft.

RalphyTSN1290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Did we just become Bro's for life..... I think so.
Well there comes a point, bro, where you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but a little knowledge goes a long long way.

Like I said at the beginning of the year, I hope that the fences between Ron and the fans get mended and we re sign him. A properly used Hainsey makes this team better, not worse.

The most frustrating thing is the Hainsey detractors won't answer that post. They will just let it slide and come back with the same incorrect view of what is happening because Ron may have deflected a puck into his net.

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Hansen Brother

While a pick would be nice, who can we replace Hainsey with? In our system Kulda would be the most likely candidate.

I think it's more realistic to think about trading Buff than Hainsey. At least on the right side we have peices in place who could possibly make up for his loss with Postma/Redmond/Trouba in the system. If we trade Hainsey it's either Kulda or we are gambling on being able to trade for/sign a replacement.

Hansen Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Well there comes a point, bro, where you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Like I said at the beginning of the year, I hope that the fences between Ron and the fans get mended and we re sign him. A properly used Hainsey makes this team better, not worse.

The most frustrating thing is the Hainsey detractors won't answer that post. They will just let it slide and come back with the same incorrect view of what is happening because Ron may have deflected a puck into his net.
If you want a response to that post, you should quote someone or address them directly. Claiming hockey knowledge superiority in an open, ranting post is not the best way to engage in healthy discussion.

Not sure if you are lumping me in with the Hainsey haters because I talked about trading him in this thread, but my point was not that Hainsey sucks. Actually the opposite, I was saying that we CANNOT afford to lose him for nothing.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Well, looks like we're getting an early start on the inevitable trade deadline, should they stay or should they go discussion.

Hainsey, Antro, and Poni are all in the same category for me. Same as Slater last year, I would want Chevy to speak to all of them and their agents and see if they are willing to resign (at a good price) before becoming UFA's.

We don't have anyone that can replace Hanisey's minutes next year. Redmond and Postma have both shown that they can play in the NHL. But playing in the NHL and playing routinely against Crosby, Giroux, Stamkos, etc, is entirely different. And the UFA D crop next year is pretty terrible. The only guys I see that would fit for us are Scuderi (bidding war?), Smid (probably won't go to UFA and if so $$$), and ???? Unless someone else can point out a few other guys that could fit.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...D&fa_type_id=2

There seem to be more UFA forwards that could provide what Poni and Antro do, so losing them doesn't hurt us as much as Hainsey, but at the right price these guys would be decent pieces to keep for another year.

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?...F&fa_type_id=2

Of our remaining UFA's the only one with value that I don't see coming back next year (and therefore someone who should be dealt if we are out of it) is Wellwood.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:31 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen Brother View Post
While a pick would be nice, who can we replace Hainsey with? In our system Kulda would be the most likely candidate.

I think it's more realistic to think about trading Buff than Hainsey. At least on the right side we have peices in place who could possibly make up for his loss with Postma/Redmond/Trouba in the system. If we trade Hainsey it's either Kulda or we are gambling on being able to trade for/sign a replacement.
Why the ******* should we trade Buff instead of Hainsey

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:35 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Why the ******* should we trade Buff instead of Hainsey
Because he is "fat" i guess

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
If you want a response to that post, you should quote someone or address them directly. Claiming hockey knowledge superiority in an open, ranting post is not the best way to engage in healthy discussion.

Not sure if you are lumping me in with the Hainsey haters because I talked about trading him in this thread, but my point was not that Hainsey sucks. Actually the opposite, I was saying that we CANNOT afford to lose him for nothing.
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. I don't like to do that, hence not responding to a particular poster.

My post was in response to the many I see that say that Hainsey sucks, simple as that. It was not directed at you or anyone specifically.

And yes, I do tend to rant. These last 3 games have got me in a mood

Old
02-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. I don't like to do that, hence not responding to a particular poster.

My post was in response to the many I see that say that Hainsey sucks, simple as that. It was not directed at you or anyone specifically.

And yes, I do tend to rant. These last 3 games have got me in a mood
Understandable. I think we're all in a mood.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Hawker14

Quote:

I fail to see where Hainsey would be rated above a C+ in any area of his game.

I'd suggest he's not terrible in any facet, but he excels nowhere. He is a mediocre defenceman. His calibre of play is easily replaceable in free agency, or from within an organization .

It's telling when a player's value is maximized by his playing less and only in certain situations.

He's not an above average NHL player by any measure. He's just a decent NHLer who will silently fade off into the sunset eventually. No one will mourn his career.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker14 View Post

I'd suggest he's not terrible in any facet, but he excels nowhere. He is a mediocre defenceman. His calibre of play is easily replaceable in free agency, or from within an organization .

It's telling when a player's value is maximized by his playing less and only in certain situations.

He's not an above average NHL player by any measure. He's just a decent NHLer who will silently fade off into the sunset eventually. No one will mourn his career.
I'm not trying to pump up anyones tires here. I'm just saying Hainsey gets devalued constantly here. Sure he isn't an all star or HOF'er, but any team under a cap system needs players like this. A guy who is reliable and fills a role. Jim Slater is not a HOF candidate either but he performs an essential role on this team. It's about roster balance and having the right guys for the job at every position and role. Hainsey fills a role for this team, and does it quite well. He shouldn't be villified for it.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker14 View Post

Just for the sake of discussion, without looking at free agency and trading him for a draft pick or so at the deadline, who would you put in his #4 spot (including PK) and what would the overall defense look like in your opinion for the remainder of the season.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Just for the sake of discussion, without looking at free agency and trading him for a draft pick or so at the deadline, who would you put in his #4 spot (including PK) and what would the overall defense look like in your opinion for the remainder of the season.
I think we could find anyone anywhere to get pucks to bounce off there ass into our own net

Old
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I think we could find anyone anywhere to get pucks to bounce off there ass into our own net
Weak. Toby did the same thing last game.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:17 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Weak. Toby did the same thing last game.
and

Old
02-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
and
oh you.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Hawker14

Quote:
Hard to find a replacement so quick, but depending on his salary demands ...

Old
02-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Thanks for your contribution Hawker14.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
BigZ65

All I can say after a few weeks of watching Postma, and a couple games of Redmond, I don't wonder how they dropped to the 7th round anymore. Both seem pretty limited, Postma can't make a good first pass and is prone to misreading the play, but he does have a great shot and can skate, Redmond gets tossed around way too easily.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote