HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  #551
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Hey all,
Any update on when he might play?
Outsider 2 cents -- i think they use him to the max pretty quickly. They traded for him, so wanted him here after all, and wasnt he holding out due to some ilness w his kid?
Cheers
He will probably get a look on the 9th against Buffalo. I guess there's always a chance he plays on the 7th against NYR but that's the day after he flies in. Would prefer they take a couple days at least to get him used to everything.

__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:35 PM
  #552
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
All I can say is Lubo hates playing less than 20 minutes in a game. He just isn't used to that -- 22 to 25 minutes per game is more his usual fare. I think he once got into some mild argument with one of the former Slovak national team coaches when he did not let him play as many minutes as he was used to playing on the Kings (this occurred quite a few years ago).
In the NHL, you have to earn your minutes. You're just adding to why we think Vis is a whiny little baby. As I said before, if he wanted to be put automatically in the top 4, he could have shown up to training camp. Strait essentially took his place (although they are vastly different players) and Vis will have to play well enough to kick one of the top 4 onto the bottom pairing.

Just IMO, of course, I'm not Jack Capuano.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
  #553
MichaelK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
All I can say is Lubo hates playing less than 20 minutes in a game. He just isn't used to that -- 22 to 25 minutes per game is more his usual fare. I think he once got into some mild argument with one of the former Slovak national team coaches when he did not let him play as many minutes as he was used to playing on the Kings (this occurred quite a few years ago).
Visnovsky will have to earn his minutes. I do not see Capuano splitting up AMac/Hamonic as they have played together for a long time and if Capuano can cut their minutes down a bit especially because of the more grueling schedule they are our best shutdown pair. At least initially I could see Vis getting 3rd pairing minutes with Carkner during even strength (together with additional minutes with someone like Strait or Hamonic/AMac if Streit or Hamonic/AMac needs to rest after PP/PK or potentially 2nd PP unit with AMac to allow Hamonic to get more of his minutes on ES/PK). If he plays well I could see him and Streit swapping even strength minutes

MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
  #554
JetsMetsIsles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
In the NHL, you have to earn your minutes. You're just adding to why we think Vis is a whiny little baby. As I said before, if he wanted to be put automatically in the top 4, he could have shown up to training camp. Strait essentially took his place (although they are vastly different players) and Vis will have to play well enough to kick one of the top 4 onto the bottom pairing.

Just IMO, of course, I'm not Jack Capuano.
As much as I love the Strait pick up Visnovsky is a vet and will probably take some of his minutes. I don't think he will play 20 right away but he will get pplay time day 1. I'd like to see Streit and Vis play together. Thats some awesome offense from the blue line. Strait could help Carkner a lot. A smart responsible Defender to go with his physicality.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
  #555
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
As much as I love the Strait pick up Visnovsky is a vet and will probably take some of his minutes. I don't think he will play 20 right away but he will get pplay time day 1. I'd like to see Streit and Vis play together. Thats some awesome offense from the blue line. Strait could help Carkner a lot. A smart responsible Defender to go with his physicality.
Maybe on the PP, but Streit and Visnovsky would get torn apart defensively. I'd hate to see that.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:58 PM
  #556
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
He will probably get a look on the 9th against Buffalo. I guess there's always a chance he plays on the 7th against NYR but that's the day after he flies in. Would prefer they take a couple days at least to get him used to everything.
Ah, the distance between Bratislava and New York is peanuts compared to the distances covered by KHL teams. Remember the KHL stretches across 10 time zones, whereas New York and Bratislava are only separated by 6 time zones. Since Lubo was able to play his KHL game in Khabarovsk (close to Japan) after flying in a day before, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play against the Rangers. (On the other hand, Slovan did lose that game in the Far East, and generally KHL teams have complained about having to adjust to games in that particular time zone.)

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:33 PM
  #557
stranger34
Registered User
 
stranger34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau County
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Ah, the distance between Bratislava and New York is peanuts compared to the distances covered by KHL teams. Remember the KHL stretches across 10 time zones, whereas New York and Bratislava are only separated by 6 time zones. Since Lubo was able to play his KHL game in Khabarovsk (close to Japan) after flying in a day before, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play against the Rangers. (On the other hand, Slovan did lose that game in the Far East, and generally KHL teams have complained about having to adjust to games in that particular time zone.)
So are you an Islanders fan now?

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:38 PM
  #558
thepeeve
Registered User
 
thepeeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Harwich Twp, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Maybe on the PP, but Streit and Visnovsky would get torn apart defensively. I'd hate to see that.
Exactly, and I hope Hickey continues to get better to pair up with Vis. Strait stays with Streit.

thepeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
  #559
stranger34
Registered User
 
stranger34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nassau County
Posts: 3,680
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTEWJyjcJ18

Get excited folks! I will cheer him from day 1

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
  #560
Nolanitis
Registered User
 
Nolanitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Ah, the distance between Bratislava and New York is peanuts compared to the distances covered by KHL teams. Remember the KHL stretches across 10 time zones, whereas New York and Bratislava are only separated by 6 time zones. Since Lubo was able to play his KHL game in Khabarovsk (close to Japan) after flying in a day before, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play against the Rangers. (On the other hand, Slovan did lose that game in the Far East, and generally KHL teams have complained about having to adjust to games in that particular time zone.)

I would imagine he would not be playing Thursday, he has to pass the physical and learn the Isles system. My guess is next weekend he debuts unless an injury occurs Sunday or Tuesday.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:47 PM
  #561
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanitis View Post
I would imagine he would not be playing Thursday, he has to pass the physical and learn the Isles system. My guess is next weekend he debuts unless an injury occurs Sunday or Tuesday.
Could you imagine if he were to score the game winner against the Rangers on Thursday? That would erase a lot of bad feelings around here damn quick. You're right that he probably won't play, but it would be funny to see the reaction from that scenario.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:39 PM
  #562
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeeve View Post
I hope Hickey continues to get better to pair up with Vis.
The LA Kings connection? Hickey did attend the Kings' training camp in 2007 after he was drafted (and he got injured there). Višňovský should know both Hickey and Moulson at least marginally from his LA days.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
  #563
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
So because the isles have a winning record right now, vis decided to change his mind and show up? LOL.

Poor sportsmanship at it's finest.

I bet you if the isles started out 1-6 he'd still have his middle finger out.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
  #564
Tavaresfan91
Registered User
 
Tavaresfan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
He's reporting weds according to newsday and may even be in the rag$ game on Thursday...I'm excited hopefully he plays steady for us

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:48 AM
  #565
RWWallpaper
Registered User
 
RWWallpaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
We are a better team with him as opposed to without him...I couldn't care less about anything else.

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:56 AM
  #566
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
The rel question now is, Does Matt Martin give up #17 to Lubo?

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:01 AM
  #567
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
A Lubo in a bad mood will definitely not be as good for the Isles as a happy Lubo. After what happened last night, he definitely won't be as happy as he might have been, if the Isles had permitted him to play last night. He even said so in the interview a couple of days ago, that he is disappointed by the Isles' forbidding him to play the last few games for Slovan, at least the home games.


Last edited by PWJunior: 02-04-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: MOD Edit
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:02 AM
  #568
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'
 
CanseiDeSerBreakcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Location
Country: Spain
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
The rel question now is, Does Matt Martin give up #17 to Lubo?
Lubo already picked #11.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:03 AM
  #569
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'
 
CanseiDeSerBreakcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Location
Country: Spain
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
A Lubo in a bad mood will definitely not be as good for the Isles as a happy Lubo. After what happened last night, he definitely won't be as happy as he might have been, if the Isles had permitted him to play last night. He even said so in the interview a couple of days ago, that he is disappointed by the Isles' forbidding him to play the last few games for Slovan, at least the home games.
Meh. Rules are rules. We've been over that aspect of it "ad nauseum."


Last edited by PWJunior: 02-04-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:05 AM
  #570
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,551
vCash: 500
If blindly following some "rules" results in your players (employees) being unhappy, that's going to affect your team (company) adversely in the end.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
  #571
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'
 
CanseiDeSerBreakcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Location
Country: Spain
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
If blindly following some "rules" results in your players (employees) being unhappy, that's going to affect your team (company) adversely in the end.
Cool. He can always retire.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:12 AM
  #572
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,400
vCash: 1300
I have to say, I'm kind of relieved the pp had an ugly game before Vis' arrival. It had been flying high going into the Devils game.

If the Isles pp had laid a goose egg in Vis first game, we'd be reading how he was destroying the chemistry.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
  #573
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,416
vCash: 500
Blindly following the rules. That's a new one.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
  #574
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,416
vCash: 500
Well, that certainly explains everything.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:14 PM
  #575
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Let's move along from the Country and Politics angle, NOW!
For those of you that missed this earlier warning, here it is again.

This topic if about Visnovsky and how he pertains to the New York Islanders. Talk about Country and Politics is a no go. If things continue, there will be no more warnings and stricter punishments will be enforced.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.