HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Old
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
Hey all,
Any update on when he might play?
Outsider 2 cents -- i think they use him to the max pretty quickly. They traded for him, so wanted him here after all, and wasnt he holding out due to some ilness w his kid?
Cheers
He will probably get a look on the 9th against Buffalo. I guess there's always a chance he plays on the 7th against NYR but that's the day after he flies in. Would prefer they take a couple days at least to get him used to everything.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:35 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
All I can say is Lubo hates playing less than 20 minutes in a game. He just isn't used to that -- 22 to 25 minutes per game is more his usual fare. I think he once got into some mild argument with one of the former Slovak national team coaches when he did not let him play as many minutes as he was used to playing on the Kings (this occurred quite a few years ago).
In the NHL, you have to earn your minutes. You're just adding to why we think Vis is a whiny little baby. As I said before, if he wanted to be put automatically in the top 4, he could have shown up to training camp. Strait essentially took his place (although they are vastly different players) and Vis will have to play well enough to kick one of the top 4 onto the bottom pairing.

Just IMO, of course, I'm not Jack Capuano.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
MichaelK

Quote:
All I can say is Lubo hates playing less than 20 minutes in a game. He just isn't used to that -- 22 to 25 minutes per game is more his usual fare. I think he once got into some mild argument with one of the former Slovak national team coaches when he did not let him play as many minutes as he was used to playing on the Kings (this occurred quite a few years ago).
Visnovsky will have to earn his minutes. I do not see Capuano splitting up AMac/Hamonic as they have played together for a long time and if Capuano can cut their minutes down a bit especially because of the more grueling schedule they are our best shutdown pair. At least initially I could see Vis getting 3rd pairing minutes with Carkner during even strength (together with additional minutes with someone like Strait or Hamonic/AMac if Streit or Hamonic/AMac needs to rest after PP/PK or potentially 2nd PP unit with AMac to allow Hamonic to get more of his minutes on ES/PK). If he plays well I could see him and Streit swapping even strength minutes

MichaelK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
JetsMetsIsles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
In the NHL, you have to earn your minutes. You're just adding to why we think Vis is a whiny little baby. As I said before, if he wanted to be put automatically in the top 4, he could have shown up to training camp. Strait essentially took his place (although they are vastly different players) and Vis will have to play well enough to kick one of the top 4 onto the bottom pairing.

Just IMO, of course, I'm not Jack Capuano.
As much as I love the Strait pick up Visnovsky is a vet and will probably take some of his minutes. I don't think he will play 20 right away but he will get pplay time day 1. I'd like to see Streit and Vis play together. Thats some awesome offense from the blue line. Strait could help Carkner a lot. A smart responsible Defender to go with his physicality.

JetsMetsIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsMetsIsles View Post
As much as I love the Strait pick up Visnovsky is a vet and will probably take some of his minutes. I don't think he will play 20 right away but he will get pplay time day 1. I'd like to see Streit and Vis play together. Thats some awesome offense from the blue line. Strait could help Carkner a lot. A smart responsible Defender to go with his physicality.
Maybe on the PP, but Streit and Visnovsky would get torn apart defensively. I'd hate to see that.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Faterson

Quote:
He will probably get a look on the 9th against Buffalo. I guess there's always a chance he plays on the 7th against NYR but that's the day after he flies in. Would prefer they take a couple days at least to get him used to everything.
Ah, the distance between Bratislava and New York is peanuts compared to the distances covered by KHL teams. Remember the KHL stretches across 10 time zones, whereas New York and Bratislava are only separated by 6 time zones. Since Lubo was able to play his KHL game in Khabarovsk (close to Japan) after flying in a day before, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play against the Rangers. (On the other hand, Slovan did lose that game in the Far East, and generally KHL teams have complained about having to adjust to games in that particular time zone.)

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:33 PM
stranger34

Quote:
Ah, the distance between Bratislava and New York is peanuts compared to the distances covered by KHL teams. Remember the KHL stretches across 10 time zones, whereas New York and Bratislava are only separated by 6 time zones. Since Lubo was able to play his KHL game in Khabarovsk (close to Japan) after flying in a day before, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play against the Rangers. (On the other hand, Slovan did lose that game in the Far East, and generally KHL teams have complained about having to adjust to games in that particular time zone.)
So are you an Islanders fan now?

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:38 PM
thepeeve

Quote:
Maybe on the PP, but Streit and Visnovsky would get torn apart defensively. I'd hate to see that.
Exactly, and I hope Hickey continues to get better to pair up with Vis. Strait stays with Streit.

thepeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
stranger34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTEWJyjcJ18

Get excited folks! I will cheer him from day 1

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Nolanitis

Quote:

I would imagine he would not be playing Thursday, he has to pass the physical and learn the Isles system. My guess is next weekend he debuts unless an injury occurs Sunday or Tuesday.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:47 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanitis View Post
I would imagine he would not be playing Thursday, he has to pass the physical and learn the Isles system. My guess is next weekend he debuts unless an injury occurs Sunday or Tuesday.
Could you imagine if he were to score the game winner against the Rangers on Thursday? That would erase a lot of bad feelings around here damn quick. You're right that he probably won't play, but it would be funny to see the reaction from that scenario.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepeeve View Post
I hope Hickey continues to get better to pair up with Vis.
The LA Kings connection? Hickey did attend the Kings' training camp in 2007 after he was drafted (and he got injured there). Višňovský should know both Hickey and Moulson at least marginally from his LA days.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

So because the isles have a winning record right now, vis decided to change his mind and show up? LOL.

Poor sportsmanship at it's finest.

I bet you if the isles started out 1-6 he'd still have his middle finger out.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Tavaresfan91

He's reporting weds according to newsday and may even be in the rag$ game on Thursday...I'm excited hopefully he plays steady for us

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:48 AM
RWWallpaper

We are a better team with him as opposed to without him...I couldn't care less about anything else.

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 09:56 AM
InformTheMasses

The rel question now is, Does Matt Martin give up #17 to Lubo?

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Faterson

A Lubo in a bad mood will definitely not be as good for the Isles as a happy Lubo. After what happened last night, he definitely won't be as happy as he might have been, if the Isles had permitted him to play last night. He even said so in the interview a couple of days ago, that he is disappointed by the Isles' forbidding him to play the last few games for Slovan, at least the home games.

Last edited by PWJunior: 02-04-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: MOD Edit
Old
02-04-2013, 10:02 AM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
The rel question now is, Does Matt Martin give up #17 to Lubo?
Lubo already picked #11.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 10:03 AM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
A Lubo in a bad mood will definitely not be as good for the Isles as a happy Lubo. After what happened last night, he definitely won't be as happy as he might have been, if the Isles had permitted him to play last night. He even said so in the interview a couple of days ago, that he is disappointed by the Isles' forbidding him to play the last few games for Slovan, at least the home games.
Meh. Rules are rules. We've been over that aspect of it "ad nauseum."

Last edited by PWJunior: 02-04-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old
02-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Faterson

If blindly following some "rules" results in your players (employees) being unhappy, that's going to affect your team (company) adversely in the end.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
If blindly following some "rules" results in your players (employees) being unhappy, that's going to affect your team (company) adversely in the end.
Cool. He can always retire.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:12 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
I have to say, I'm kind of relieved the pp had an ugly game before Vis' arrival. It had been flying high going into the Devils game.

If the Isles pp had laid a goose egg in Vis first game, we'd be reading how he was destroying the chemistry.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Blindly following the rules. That's a new one.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Well, that certainly explains everything.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 12:14 PM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Let's move along from the Country and Politics angle, NOW!
For those of you that missed this earlier warning, here it is again.

This topic if about Visnovsky and how he pertains to the New York Islanders. Talk about Country and Politics is a no go. If things continue, there will be no more warnings and stricter punishments will be enforced.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote