HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#8 - 02/02/2013 | New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 7:00 PM - MSG PLUS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 04:20 PM
  #176
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,896
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'll do one better.

Oh my God. This is awesome.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
  #177
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
What in God's name has led you to believe that this team will be fighting for top seeding? This is going to be an uphill climb all year and unless something clicks right now they're going to be scratching and clawing just to get to the dance let alone home ice advantage.
haha...fair enough response...I just believe in them! There have been some games already where one part is going or another part or another part, soon those parts are all going to go at once and when they do BAM!

I believe in the New York Rangers!

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:28 PM
  #178
KingP
Registered User
 
KingP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New york
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i'm sure many of us if not all of us stuck by them through the dark ages and here we are, we have a very good team, it will take time to gel, but it's a process and they are getting there!!! I will always have confidence in this team! LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

KingP is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:28 PM
  #179
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
He can't raise and turn his glove hand, so he tried an adapted blocker in the ECHL, but it didn't work well so he is officially retired now.

Here he is at the winter classic using two blockers.



And an article where he discusses the injury.
http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/1...blackburn.html
From the article: "At 4:29, Blackburn made his first N.H.L. save, a pad stop on a Peter Bondra slap shot that looked as if it might have been deflected in front by Jeff Halpern."

Jeff Halpern. There is your connection!

Osminator is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:37 PM
  #180
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i'm sure many of us if not all of us stuck by them through the dark ages and here we are, we have a very good team, it will take time to gel, but it's a process and they are getting there!!! I will always have confidence in this team! LET'S GO RANGERS!!!
It's that experience with the dark ages that has me worried. This team feels an awful lot like the pre-04 lockout teams to me. I really hope they're just having a hard time getting everyone clicking together and that they'll come around soon but I'm hugely skeptical.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
  #181
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,994
vCash: 12500
Garon vs. Biron

9-5 Lightning.

Net Front Presence is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
  #182
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,370
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
It's that experience with the dark ages that has me worried. This team feels an awful lot like the pre-04 lockout teams to me. I really hope they're just having a hard time getting everyone clicking together and that they'll come around soon but I'm hugely skeptical.
you're scared, it's okay, we all get like that some times (I kid), but that was a different story, that was a team that was paying players whatever it took to get them to new York, none of them really wanted to be here....this team is made up of players that have grown into and up through the rangers organization and players that want to be called a New York Ranger!!! Do we miss the character from dubi and anisimov? absolutely, but we will find it in new young guys coming up and those already here, like hagelin, stepan, kreider, so on an so forth! The rangers have always been competitive, I mean when was the last time they have a 1st overall pick or a top 5 pick...Some teams are so bad they get those top picks year after year until they develop like pitts and Edmonton, others have to build with what they have and by bringing in talent elsewhere. Gaborik, Richards, and Nash are phenomenal players and we have great other players that compliment them through the line up, we have not seen it consistently enough yet, but it is coming! LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:52 PM
  #183
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Garon vs. Biron

9-5 Lightning.


You mean we'll score 5 goals?

Cool.

darko is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:58 PM
  #184
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Country: United States
Posts: 4,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
you're scared, it's okay, we all get like that some times (I kid), but that was a different story, that was a team that was paying players whatever it took to get them to new York, none of them really wanted to be here....this team is made up of players that have grown into and up through the rangers organization and players that want to be called a New York Ranger!!! Do we miss the character from dubi and anisimov? absolutely, but we will find it in new young guys coming up and those already here, like hagelin, stepan, kreider, so on an so forth! The rangers have always been competitive, I mean when was the last time they have a 1st overall pick or a top 5 pick...Some teams are so bad they get those top picks year after year until they develop like pitts and Edmonton, others have to build with what they have and by bringing in talent elsewhere. Gaborik, Richards, and Nash are phenomenal players and we have great other players that compliment them through the line up, we have not seen it consistently enough yet, but it is coming! LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!
I appreciate your positivity man and I really hope you're right! This should be an interesting game tonight regardless of the outcome though. Much less infuriating than watching Penguins slew-footing and tomahawking their way around the ice as well.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:07 PM
  #185
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Garon vs. Biron

9-5 Lightning.
more like 9-0

We always get shutout by a backup.

Baby Punisher is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
  #186
BoltsFan2000
Registered User
 
BoltsFan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Good luck tonight Guys both Fanbases seem rather unsure about this game.

BoltsFan2000 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
  #187
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
more like 9-0

We always get shutout by a backup.
Unfortunately, you're right.

Two shutouts in a row for us.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:20 PM
  #188
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Oh my God. This is awesome.
Aha thanks

Cmox is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
  #189
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,054
vCash: 500
Predict the penalty: how many seconds in?

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
  #190
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
more like 9-0

We always get shutout by a backup.
And make that backup look like a God

Riverdale is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:33 PM
  #191
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,492
vCash: 500
Don't care. 7-2 NNNNNNNN,

Cresto is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:34 PM
  #192
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Predict the penalty: how many seconds in?
0:00:00.00 for unsportfans like conduct for posting .gifs of Crosby diving

Cresto is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
  #193
niinah
Registered User
 
niinah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: White Plains NY
Country: Finland
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Come on finish the stupid basketball game already

niinah is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
  #194
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
0:00:00.00 for unsportfans like conduct for posting .gifs of Crosby diving
On us???

Machinehead is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:37 PM
  #195
Crazyalbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mahopac, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
why is msg + still showing this basketball game lol

Crazyalbo is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:39 PM
  #196
Machinehead
★★★★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,054
vCash: 500
**** the pregame anyway. It's bad enough we have to watch 2 and half hours of the Rangers as it is. You masochists want pregame too?

More basketball for me, please.

Machinehead is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:41 PM
  #197
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,208
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
more like 9-0

We always get shutout by a backup.
Sad, but true.

Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:42 PM
  #198
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,940
vCash: 50
Staalsy

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:43 PM
  #199
KingP
Registered User
 
KingP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New york
Posts: 3,057
vCash: 500
lets ****ing goooooooo

KingP is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:44 PM
  #200
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Hmmm Biron is playing ? I sense the rangers will play with a bit of urgency.

Cmox is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.