HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should the Blues try to rebuild Peoria's roster?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:36 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

vCash: 500
The Blues used to delve more into the market of overage juniors and college seniors and sign them to minor league contracts. Perhaps they need a more aggressive GM at the Peoria level, even if it means sinking some cash into this market? We have got lucky with a few guys this way in the past. I don't think it has helped that the Traverse City tourney is gone and missing a training camp to give some overagers a look.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
The Blues used to delve more into the market of overage juniors and college seniors and sign them to minor league contracts. Perhaps they need a more aggressive GM at the Peoria level, even if it means sinking some cash into this market? We have got lucky with a few guys this way in the past. I don't think it has helped that the Traverse City tourney is gone and missing a training camp to give some overagers a look.
Not sure that the Traverse City tournament is "gone." That's where the Red Wings have their training camp, so the tournament will likely continue. It was just suspended this year because of the pending lockout.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

I think MaRae and Grachev will be resigned, assuming Grachev doesnt go back to Russia. Neither has developed, but I still think that they are still better options overall than Shattock, Sonne, Nigro, SDR and Barriball. I think those guys will be the ones who are least likely to return. Vet guys like Murray, Porter and Hensick may explore other options as well.

Cundari and Fairchild are pretty safe to return IMO, dont know about Scott Ford or Chorney. Id guess Chorney is least likely to return and would give us a solid 7-8 guys. Cundari, Fairchild, Ford, Edmundson, Hakanpaa/Eronen, Ponich, Shields.

I think Allen is solid to return, McKenna will probably lose his spot to Binnington.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2013, 05:32 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Not sure that the Traverse City tournament is "gone." That's where the Red Wings have their training camp, so the tournament will likely continue. It was just suspended this year because of the pending lockout.
Wasn't there a story out that due to cost, they were no longer going to participate in this tournament?

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
They found Wideman that way and the guy is getting close to $5 million per year, and playing among his team's Top 4.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Wasn't there a story out that due to cost, they were no longer going to participate in this tournament?
I don't remember reading anything like that. The tournament was cancelled this season. THAT'S why The Blues didn't play. TV coverage of the tournament has been drastically curtailed (no more NHL network coverage). But The Rangers and Red Wings still televise, so it may be possible to watch a few streamed games.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 03:51 PM
sh724

Even if the Traverse City tournament is cancelled there are other prospect tournaments the Blues could go to. It is not like it is the only tournament out there. Pretty much every team plays in a prospect tournament.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote