HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tyler Myers

Old
02-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

vCash: 500
I would try Gardiner for him.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:13 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I would try Gardiner for him.
You can't ... he is being offered to San Jose for Logan Couture.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Nothing exactly wrong with the thread. The OP is just trying to see what other teams would give up for him and how much value he holds.

I'm nowhere near ready to give up on him but let me give my summary and say this and other teams' fans can judge: Ever since his rookie year he's gotten worse and worse every year to the point that it's the most noticeable now. Whether it be because Tallinder's gone or because Myers just hasn't played the same (I believe it's a mix of both), he's played extremely poorly, too poorly for such a special player with so much potential and that has shown so much in the NHL already. I think, like I believe is a problem for a lot of our players right now, that it's more mental than anything. Whether it's the coaching or the players simply making mistakes they shouldn't make, something's been wrong with a lot of our players all year. Could be the coaching, what goes on in the room, or the players in general not playing up to par, but Myers, along with almost every other struggling player on the team, isn't playing nearly as well as he could and should be. He's a good player but this is more than a slump, leaving some to believe the coaching is a big problem and the team is suffering from it.

Myers has just been dreadful and since Tallinder left has never had a partner he's had good chemistry with like he did with Hank. We've tried everyone. Regehr, Sekera, Leopold. He hasn't impressed with anyone and has been the worst with Leo. I won't use the partner thing as an excuse, because I believe a good defenseman should be able to play well regardless of who he's paired with (unless that partner is so bad he brings his partner down) but having that magical chemistry with someone is nice too. Myers has so much going for him but has taken leaps backward minus Hank. He's a giveaway machine, soft and zero physical game, refuses to shoot, terrible decisions, careless with the puck, doesn't use his advantages (size, reach, skating ability), and worst of all gets easily overpowered by significantly smaller players (Jeff Skinner out-muscled him for an EN goal this season and he's only about 5'11" 200). He's honestly barley looked like a bottom-pairing guy this year. Aside from a PP goal, I haven't been impressed with any other plays he's made. The Buffalo fanbase fell in love with him in 09-10 and rightfully so and many still make excuses but he's honestly very overrated. I'll admit that.

Still though, only 23 and playing an extremely hard position. I'm not ready to give up on him at all but this is far more than a small slump. The guy's got all the talent in the world and the ability to be a franchise defenseman like we hope but there's a lot of work for him to do and he's got to be way better. He can be, we know it, but he's got to show it on the ice. I still like him a lot and don't want to trade him but I'm praying to God he finds himself. That contract could look really ugly a few years from now if he really only turns out to be a one-year-wonder.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Chacal667

the sabres had to give him the same contract that Marc Bergevin gave to PK Subban

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Wizeman*

Myers is only 22 years old and he probably hasnt even finished filling out his humongous frame.

Its my opinion he will DOMINATE the NHL like Chara does one day. Lets give him a few years to become elite.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Chacal667

why they gave a big contract like this to a defenseman who was regressing, I know he is only 22 but 5m/year to a young player like this ?

The other gm should get example of what the habs did with Subban.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:37 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Such a stupid thread
Why?

As others have said, his play has been regressing. That has to be cause for concern. Nobody says a 22 year old has to be a Norris candidate, but you want to see some kind of progression. After the great rookie year it was expected that he would come back down a little bit. But you would hope that three years later he would be on the right trajectory.

Maybe he will put it all together, or maybe there is something with the system/coaches that is holding him back right now. It is possible that he would be worth more to another team right now than the Sabres.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:26 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

I wouldn't mind him in mtl beaulieu Kristo and 2 2nds?

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
is the answer jesus

All the proposals in this thread aren't anywhere near close value. Myers value is at an all time low right now, hence the lowball offers, but it makes no sense for the Sabres to trade him right now.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:43 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
All the proposals in this thread aren't anywhere near close value. Myers value is at an all time low right now, hence the lowball offers, but it makes no sense for the Sabres to trade him right now.
I thought mine was good

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:27 PM
CodeE

Would Nino + Visnovsky or Nino + DeHaan get a deal done? Maybe adding another player, prospect, or pick on the Isles side?

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

What does Buffalo need?

How bout something like:

Filppula+ One of Jurco/Frk/Pulk and maybe a 3rd rounder

Last edited by Jurky: 02-03-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:08 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Crosby was terrible the other day against the Islanders. I was asking myself what happened to him.

Seriously, Myers is 23 freakin years old; this is his fourth year in the league and is playing the hardest position on the ice for a youngster. People really jump to conclusions - slow start means trade his ass. Patience is needed with him.

So, as a Habs fan are you now fine with Desharnais? I remember a big thread with a few Canadian fans ready to trade him for scraps. He looked good today.

This year, the circumstances are truly different. Alot of veterans are struggling out of the gate. Doesn't mean they need to be dumped. I cringe when I see a thread like this.
Myers has not been good since his rookies' year while Desharnais just had a a slow start or may be a bad year. The situation is not comparable with Myers'.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:10 AM
ginovegas

what about something based around Gorges?
Habs could use a right D with size

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:18 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

Well idk what Buffalo's needs are but...

Filppula + Jurco + 1st or 2nd

Not sure if I'd do the deal because the Wings would completely suck offensively, just throwing out the idea. I think Babcock could work wonders with a kid like Myers.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:19 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Maybe Myers needs a trade to really blossom
Probably, because getting him away from Ruff is the only thing that's going to help

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Well idk what Buffalo's needs are but...

Filppula + Jurco + 1st or 2nd

Not sure if I'd do the deal because the Wings would completely suck offensively, just throwing out the idea. I think Babcock could work wonders with a kid like Myers.
I'd say make go with the 2nd,
After tonight's game that 1st is going to get us Jones

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:42 AM
shadow1

Ryan O'Reilly...

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:21 AM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Why?

As others have said, his play has been regressing. That has to be cause for concern. Nobody says a 22 year old has to be a Norris candidate, but you want to see some kind of progression. After the great rookie year it was expected that he would come back down a little bit. But you would hope that three years later he would be on the right trajectory.

Maybe he will put it all together, or maybe there is something with the system/coaches that is holding him back right now. It is possible that he would be worth more to another team right now than the Sabres.
I agree with this...I honestly think ruff's really stunted his natural development because he wants to make myers the next pronger, and he just isn't suited for that game.
And to whoever proposed O'Reilly for Myers, I think I'd pull the trigger on that (based on how bad myers is right now and our dire need for a solid, young, 2 way, offensive center to help rebuild this team)
Line-up after that trade:
Vanek-Hodgson-Pominville (#1 line)
Foligno-O'Reilly-Stafford (Tough minutes, 2 way line with some offensive punch)
Ennis-Grigorenko-Ott (3rd scoring line with some grit)
Scott-Ellis-McCormick

Ehrhoff-Sulzer
Sekera-Weber
Leopold-Pardy

I'd also think about filppula+jurco+a pick...maybe replace jurco with an equally impressive defense prospect if the wings have one? McNabb's sucked hard in rochester and pysyk's struggled a bit too

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:11 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Nick Schultz, 1st, Paajarvi

If I were Buffalo, I would not give up on him.

But if they want a high pick in a deep draft and a steady D, go for it.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Ryan O'Reilly...
Probably the only comment that would start a discussion. Tyre Fyers has been a mess this season. Brick hands and bad decision making but he still has amazing potential.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:52 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Myers is only 22 years old and he probably hasnt even finished filling out his humongous frame.

Its my opinion he will DOMINATE the NHL like Chara does one day. Lets give him a few years to become elite.
I feel the same way about Jeff Schultz 6'6 230. He was +55 one season.

He just needs some time.

Mr Gone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
what about something based around Gorges?
Habs could use a right D with size
Yeah, they could sure use a 6'8 guy that plays like he's 5'8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Ryan O'Reilly...
Nope.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:51 AM
clumping platelets

Myers for Couture

Myers for D. Brown and Voynov

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

I wouldnt even move Voynov for Myers straight up. Let alone add Brown.

Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote