HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Our line up without UFA's or trades !

Old
07-02-2006, 01:43 PM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Our line up without UFA's or trades !

Do you think we can do the playoffs (and go further than the 1st round...) with this lineup ?

Higgins - Koivu (if he's back) - Kovalev (I would definitely put him with Koivu again)

Kostisyn - Ribeiro - Perezhogin (This line and Pleks line can play the as #2)

Zednik - Plekanek - Ryder (Ryder and Zednik can't play with Ribs !)

Bégin - Bonk - Murray

Downey - Ferland

(Lapierre, Latendresse, Chipchura and/or Grabosky can surprise and get a job)

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Rivet
Bouillon-Dandenault
Streit - (Côté)

Huet - Aebisher

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Do you think we can do the playoffs (and go further than the 1st round...) with this lineup ?

Higgins - Koivu (if he's back) - Kovalev (I would definitely put him with Koivu again)

Kostisyn - Ribeiro - Perezhogin (This line and Pleks line can play the as #2)

Zednik - Plekanek - Ryder (Ryder and Zednik can't play with Ribs !)

Bégin - Bonk - Murray

Downey - Ferland

(Lapierre, Latendresse, Chipchura and/or Grabosky can surprise and get a job)

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Rivet
Bouillon-Dandenault
Streit - (Côté)

Huet - Aebisher
Terrible lineup. Ribeiro on the 2nd line again? And Bonk?

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999 View Post
Generally a lineup without any signings/trades/changes made to it tends to have the same players that were in the lineup of the last game played.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Taupy

No real veteran, so we will not do the Playoffs (or still battle for the 8th place)

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:57 PM
FinnHab

Quote:
And it will be more brutally if Koivus eye problem continues. All we can do is pray that Huet will play phenomenal season. But still i trust that sir Bob will do some moves to strenght our roster better than its´ now

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy View Post
No real veteran
Koivu, Kovalev.

I'd also put Kovalev and Koivu back together.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45 View Post
Koivu, Kovalev.

I'd also put Kovalev and Koivu back together.
Cause it's a known fact that Kovalev shows up every night.

Koivu is okay but is hurt 1 game out of 2.

If we can't get a real warrior like Shanahan, Gainey messed up big time.

Old
07-02-2006, 02:08 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy View Post
No real veteran, so we will not do the Playoffs (or still battle for the 8th place)
The blue line is filled with veterans and the two goalies are over 27.

Old
07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
rocketlives

This line up doesn't make the playoffs. In 2005-06, they barely made them thanks to the Capitals who gave them a hand at the end but, in 2006-07, you can forget it. Koivu is a question mark before the season even starts and should the injury bug hit us seriously, we'd be spread so thin, we'd be done.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab73 View Post
And it will be more brutally if Koivus eye problem continues. All we can do is pray that Huet will play phenomenal season. But still i trust that sir Bob will do some moves to strenght our roster better than its´ now
If you read correctly, Ribeiro and Plekanek will centre those two second lines. Carbo should just give more ice time to the most performing of those lines.

But I agree with you, BG needs to add a couple of players to stenghten that line up.

Old
07-02-2006, 02:11 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Agree this line-up is disgusting.

Hfboards should have added a puking smilie.

We unloaded Théo' salary for nothing. Now that all good UFAs are signed, we better not signed players about to retire, not enough good to stick in the league anymore...AND PLZ NO LARAQUE.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

Even without any UFA signing, few teams will have a better offensive than ours..

Perezhogin will make everybody speechless, he had a difficulty first year but you could see him feel better and better at the end of the year, he clearly stepped up and showed a major improvement in his game once in playoffs where he was doing everything extremmely well.. But that was only a sample of what he will do next season, elite skilled kid with a great hockey sense, responsible defensively and rarely takes shifts off.. The key is the confidence issue.. In Perezhogin's case its a matter of adaptation.. From what he showed in playoffs, the kid will blossom this year..

Komisarek is another kid that will make our team stronger next year, is just starting to blossom...

In Higgins you know what you get, a versatile foward that can score goals, kill penalities, take faceoffs.. Not as skilled as Kostitsyn and Perezhogin but high level competitor to use in key situations..

Plekanec can handle a second line center job for sure, it will be interesting to see how Carbo will use him.. PP time? second line center spot? who are gonna be his linemates? Pretty underrated offensive skills by some...

From what I seen of Kostitsyn last season, it makes no doubt he will crack the team easily... He is the most skilled kid we have and probably the most promising prospect of the last 20 years or so.. His presence in the line-up will make our offensive improve a big deal..

Guys like Ryder, Zednik will have to wake up soon cause Latendresse and Grabovski wont be there just to figure...

Higgins Koivu Kostitsyn

Perezhogin Plekanec Kovalev

Zednik Bonk Ryder

Begin Murray Downey

Add Shanahan to this team and..

Shanahan Koivu Perezhogin

Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev

Higgins Bonk Zednik/Ryder

Begin Murray Downey

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:13 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
OK OK!!! I will get Lang!

BG

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:15 PM
NewBlood

If we don't get rid of Ribeiro and/or Zednik, I think I'm gonna cancel my season tickets right away.

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
The blue line is filled with veterans and the two goalies are over 27.
I'm talking about a guy that will encourage others players to give their maximum (ala Brind'amour or Andreychuk in the time).

It's not because a player is over 30 that he's a good veteran. Huet or Aebis, yeah they are over 27, but I don't see them going in the offensive zone, shaking the opponent and putting it in the net.

And our defence, we still don't have a guy that will light a fire under Mr.Bodycheck Markov. That guy make me sick, he could play physical but is near Sundstrom in that department. I remember in the first game against the Canes, he pushes a guy real hard but never did it again in the serie.

Old
07-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

You guys are funny...

Last year, with almost the same line-up(add Theo and Bulis), we were one of the best team in the NHL(even with Theo in net!!!) After that, we lose Kovy and Koivu...we were in a big slump. After that, we changed the coaching staff and yeah, we had a great end of year(thanks to Huet for that).

In the playoffs, we were better then ever...we almost beat the Canes!

So if the team remain healty and Huet is back with a strong season, we will be a great team...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:21 PM

You guys are crazy. We would finish top 6 if the season would start right now. Our defense has unbelievable chemistry and despite what most here says, is very solid. We have three goaltenders capable of doing the job and our offense is deep and solid.

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kovalev
Zednik - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder
Begin - Bonk - Murray
*Downey

And don't forget Latendresse and Grabovsky who seem to be ready for prime time, they could surprise and produce.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Agree this line-up is disgusting.

Hfboards should have added a puking smilie.

We unloaded Théo' salary for nothing. Now that all good UFAs are signed, we better not signed players about to retire, not enough good to stick in the league anymore...AND PLZ NO LARAQUE.
This one is cool [IMAGE]http://forum.fnnation.com/images/smilies/throwup.gif[/IMAGE]

Old
07-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I think it's still pretty much impossible to predict what our lineup would do next season. We don't really know much about our goaltending for example. Most experts predicted the Rangers, Sabres, and Hurricanes would miss the playoffs last year.

Cool thing about the new NHL, it's as much about how well your team comes together and gels as a team as anything else. So it's really tough to say whether we'll soar or crash.

One thing, if we do stay at a status quo lineup and a $39M payroll, we'll be in really great shape to take on any impending-UFA salaries around the deadline to make a late charge, which some of the jammed-against-the-cap teams might not be.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 02:28 PM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
You guys are funny...

Last year, with almost the same line-up(add Theo and Bulis), we were one of the best team in the NHL(even with Theo in net!!!) After that, we lose Kovy and Koivu...we were in a big slump. After that, we changed the coaching staff and yeah, we had a great end of year(thanks to Huet for that).

In the playoffs, we were better then ever...we almost beat the Canes!

So if the team remain healty and Huet is back with a strong season, we will be a great team...
This post is so hilarious...

Old
07-02-2006, 02:32 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I think it's still pretty much impossible to predict what our lineup would do next season. We don't really know much about our goaltending for example. Most experts predicted the Rangers, Sabres, and Hurricanes would miss the playoffs last year.

Cool thing about the new NHL, it's as much about how well your team comes together and gels as a team as anything else. So it's really tough to say whether we'll soar or crash.

One thing, if we do stay at a status quo lineup and a $39M payroll, we'll be in really great shape to take on any impending-UFA salaries around the deadline to make a late charge, which some of the jammed-against-the-cap teams might not be.
Let just hope we will be close enough of the 8th spot when trade deadline comes !

Old
07-02-2006, 02:34 PM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post

This is the same quote every year. Then we don't get anyone at the deadline (or close to it) and everyone says you don't win with deadline deals. Of course, Recchi and Weight would probably disagree.

Old
07-02-2006, 02:37 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
This post is so hilarious...
Maybe you're right...

But who knows what can happen. I think that the last seasons show us that it's not really talent who brings championship but heart and love of hockey...

There are still some great UFA's and Gainey could also make some trades. I think we have to wait guys. The Montreal Canadiens thread looks like RDS talkbacks right now seriously...

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 03:12 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
Maybe you're right...

But who knows what can happen. I think that the last seasons show us that it's not really talent who brings championship but heart and love of hockey...

There are still some great UFA's and Gainey could also make some trades. I think we have to wait guys. The Montreal Canadiens thread looks like RDS talkbacks right now seriously...

You're right - HEART & LOVE...

How many players on the actual roster have that 100% of the time ? Heart & Love + TALENT. That's what is needed.

Old
07-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

One thing for sure: The Habs wil NOT move up in the standings because several teams in the division and conference improved themselves while all they did is lose Bulis without a replacement. This is the team that barely finished 7th and had to wait until the final week to learn whether they would make the playoffs at all. If they hadn't won 7 of 8 against the Bruins, they would have been OUT. I sincerely doubt that the Habs could repeat their dominance against a team that now has Chara to play 30 minutes a game instead of Gill, plus Savard on the 2nd line. The Habs have weaknesses that we all know about. Any deniers?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote