HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Most Disliked Coach?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-01-2013, 10:12 PM
  #26
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Therrien. Disliked him since his first time around with MTL.
Never payed overly much attention to Therrien. Exactly what kind of coach is he? loudmouth and disrespectful or...?

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:15 PM
  #27
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser
 
Marco Esquandolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,585
vCash: 1170
I don't know if I really 'dislike' him, but I thought Lindy Ruff's 'no goal' comment was so irredeemably bitter and disrespectful to the Dallas Stars.

Marco Esquandolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:19 PM
  #28
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Never payed overly much attention to Therrien. Exactly what kind of coach is he? loudmouth and disrespectful or...?
I've always seen him as someone who thinks they're better than everyone else; players and media included. I guess I believe that a team's troubles should be solved in the lockerroom but Therrien isn't afraid to go to the media and publicly call out players. He was also quite cocky the first time around in Montreal which just rubs me the wrong way. It's not like Carlyle saying he expects more from X player but just being negative.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
  #29
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I've always seen him as someone who thinks they're better than everyone else; players and media included. I guess I believe that a team's troubles should be solved in the lockerroom but Therrien isn't afraid to go to the media and publicly call out players. He was also quite cocky the first time around in Montreal which just rubs me the wrong way. It's not like Carlyle saying he expects more from X player but just being negative.
He seems like he is only going to last 2 seasons with the habs till they find someone better. I know of his speech when he was with the pens, definitly the type of coach who blames others before ever considering that he may be in the wrong.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
  #30
Polk High
Registered User
 
Polk High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShameOnYouZidlicky View Post
Lindy Ruff, all he does is whine.
Ruff gets my vote as well

Polk High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:35 PM
  #31
TheTotalPackage
Registered User
 
TheTotalPackage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Yup...I've always disliked Ruff.

TheTotalPackage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:53 AM
  #32
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Meh, don't really dislike coaches leaguewide, but I wasn't exactly a fan of Bryan Murray when he was coaching the Sens. Used to hate Jacques Martin but later on I just felt sorry for the guy if anything.

As far as Leafs coaches go, definitely in my tenure as a Leafs fan, the coach I've despised the most has been Ronnie boy. Wanted him fired a long time ago, the fact that he never paid attention to defense or instituted a physical game bugged the **** out of me. Also his inability to ever call a time-out at the right times was annoying as ****, and his lack of communication was the worst of all.

I'm young so the only coaches I've really endured have been Quinn, Maurice, Wilson and Carlyle.

I loved Pat Quinn, awesome guy, and was pretty happy when Maurice first got hired though that went sour pretty quickly.

I really like Carlyle though and am happy he got hired. I was advocating for his hiring as soon as Anaheim let him go. Great coach who knows how to win and actually cares about defense. He communicates with his players properly, addresses the media well and he's doing a great job with the kids so far. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Now if he can just get over his Kostka fetish we're good to go

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:57 AM
  #33
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Meh, don't really dislike coaches leaguewide, but I wasn't exactly a fan of Bryan Murray when he was coaching the Sens. Used to hate Jacques Martin but later on I just felt sorry for the guy if anything.

As far as Leafs coaches go, definitely in my tenure as a Leafs fan, the coach I've despised the most has been Ronnie boy. Wanted him fired a long time ago, the fact that he never paid attention to defense or instituted a physical game bugged the **** out of me. Also his inability to ever call a time-out at the right times was annoying as ****, and his lack of communication was the worst of all.

I'm young so the only coaches I've really endured have been Quinn, Maurice, Wilson and Carlyle.

I loved Pat Quinn, awesome guy, and was pretty happy when Maurice first got hired though that went sour pretty quickly.

I really like Carlyle though and am happy he got hired. I was advocating for his hiring as soon as Anaheim let him go. Great coach who knows how to win and actually cares about defense. He communicates with his players properly, addresses the media well and he's doing a great job with the kids so far. Couldn't have asked for anything better. Now if he can just get over his Kostka fetish we're good to go
100% agree with you on the bolded part there.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:32 AM
  #34
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,810
vCash: 500
Ruff. The mans a crybaby. Wilson for the Leafs, he was not only a terrible coach, but a terrible man off the ice. Throwing players under the bus, unproved. He was an embarrassment.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:15 AM
  #35
Todd Skill
Registered User
 
Todd Skill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Least-
Today = Torts
All time = Keenan
Leaf = Ron

Most-
Demers

Todd Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:39 AM
  #36
Darkhorse1280
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: York Region
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
I've always seen him as someone who thinks they're better than everyone else; players and media included. I guess I believe that a team's troubles should be solved in the lockerroom but Therrien isn't afraid to go to the media and publicly call out players. He was also quite cocky the first time around in Montreal which just rubs me the wrong way. It's not like Carlyle saying he expects more from X player but just being negative.
So....So soff.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:44 AM
  #37
SwissLeaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 609
vCash: 531
Leafs: Wilson
League: Ruff

SwissLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:48 AM
  #38
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,901
vCash: 500
Paul Maurice.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:08 AM
  #39
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse1280 View Post
So....So soff.
. Something about TRYING to be the worse D corps in the league. Absolutely brutal.

Hurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:11 AM
  #40
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Therrien and Wilson hands down

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:35 AM
  #41
Bob Loblawbrovsky
The Boston Racists
 
Bob Loblawbrovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 500
I don't like Ruff or Boudreau. I couldn't stand Wilson on the Leafs.

If Wilson gets another coaching job around the league, change my answer to that.

Bob Loblawbrovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:39 AM
  #42
Hurt
Global Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
I don't like Ruff or Boudreau. I couldn't stand Wilson on the Leafs.

If Wilson gets another coaching job around the league, change my answer to that.
I think he will at some point. NHL coaching positions really do seem to have the 'old boy's club' mentality.

Hurt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:45 PM
  #43
TYLENOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Haha, 6 games in and therrien is already the most hated coach, uhhh the habs are 4-2 !!! And he seems more calm and a smarter coach compared to his first stint as a hab.

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
  #44
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
Haha, 6 games in and therrien is already the most hated coach, uhhh the habs are 4-2 !!! And he seems more calm and a smarter coach compared to his first stint as a hab.
The Habs have only played mediocre teams. The one decent team they played (Ottawa) gave them a spanking, and Spezza wasn't even in the line-up. I won't include the loss against the Leafs because that was a sloppy game for both teams and the players looked super rusty.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:16 PM
  #45
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
The Habs have only played mediocre teams. The one decent team they played (Ottawa) gave them a spanking, and Spezza wasn't even in the line-up. I won't include the loss against the Leafs because that was a sloppy game for both teams and the players looked super rusty.
Plus they've played at home so much early on this season, and they always play well at the Bell Centre

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:23 PM
  #46
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 5,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
Plus they've plafyed at home so much early on this season, and they always play well at the Bell Centre
Pat Burns was my kind of Coach......Carlyle has most of the same qualities as a coach, so I'm happy.

Ronny boy was in my opinion the worst coach we had since I have been watching.

As for League wide.....Therrien puts himself before his team always.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:26 PM
  #47
MakeTheIronSing
Registered User
 
MakeTheIronSing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
I also really dislike Bruce Boudreau. I legit think he makes teams worse because his confidence meter and the fact that no athlete wants to be told how to play something by Mr Potato Head.

He reminds my of Phil Collins (the trailer park boys phil collins that is... philadelphia collins)

MakeTheIronSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  #48
will13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Favourite leafs coach: Pat quinn
Least favourite leafs coach: Ron wilson

Also like what Carlyle has been doing so far. Has been a much better coach for the leafs than Wilson.

will13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:23 PM
  #49
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71
 
IBLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: BARRY'S BAY
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 50
PAT mother ****in Burns best coach ever!!!

Worst:Ron Wilson, the guy was just a bum dart!!!!

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
  #50
Koolboss
Registered User
 
Koolboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
Wilson hands down
I feel bad for his kids lol

Koolboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.