HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
You clearly have no grasp on our roster situation. Here are all our centers on the active roster: Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Valtteri Filppula, Darren Helm (Injured, and for whatever reason can't catch a break anymore, so you should have a spare center on hand just in case), Justin Abdelkader, and Cory Emmerton. As you said yourself, we aren't going to move down Filppula. So in your imaginary world where you are the GM (thank goodness you aren't), we are now Emmerton-less and we now have Gustav Nyquist. Care to name the invisible no-name center who can play fourth line center that I haven't Identified? Can't? Well, why could that be? That's probably because WE DON'T HAVE ANOTHER CENTER AFTER EMMERTON TO PLAY FOURTH LINE CENTER. So congratulations, you have your Nyquist/Tatar. Now we have a hole in our lineup.
Andersson, Sheahan, hell Ferraro. Plus Tatar and Nyquist can slot at center.

The center depth is fine. Just need to get rid of old tired legs and get some younger ones injected.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:23 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Andersson, Sheahan, hell Ferraro. Plus Tatar and Nyquist can slot at center.

The center depth is fine. Just need to get rid of old tired legs and get some younger ones injected.
There's a 23 man roster limit. All this just does is create a massive inconvenient hassle of dumping several players and bringing players up to replace the, all the while giving Grand Rapids fans the big middle finger when calling up one of their big contributors.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:25 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
There's a 23 man roster limit. All this just does is create a massive inconvenient hassle of dumping several players and bringing players up to replace the, all the while giving Grand Rapids fans the big middle finger when calling up one of their big contributors.
Which is why I was implying Nyquist would be mad lots of these guys were signed the past few years before you went off on a tangent about Emmerton being irreplaceable.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:01 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Which is why I was implying Nyquist would be mad lots of these guys were signed the past few years before you went off on a tangent about Emmerton being irreplaceable.
Quote:
Then Demote Emmerton, move Cleary down to the 4th line, and give him his minutes? Wow, what a conundrum. Or maybe Holland shouldn't have signed a gazillion repetitive 4th liners so we actually had room to make our third line a scoring line
No you weren't. You were saying demote (I'm guessing waive and send to GR, since there won't be room for him) Emmerton to make room for Nyquist.

Quote:
Your reading comprehension is horrible. Is that why you sound so frustrated? You're having a hard time grasping basic concepts? I stated several times that Emmerton was just an example, on talent level, it could have been another winger to moved down.
You did not imply this at all. You said "Then demote Emmerton" not "You could demote someone like Emmerton."
Quote:
And for the record, Miller, Cleary and Tootoo have had extended time at center in the past out of our bottom 6,
Quote:
and Helm will not be injured forever.
No, but given his recent rash of terrible luck, It's good to have an adequate insurance option until it's clear this injury streak is over. Having a winger who can occasionally play center on emergency basis regularly taking draws for the time being is the best way to make your coach hate you.

Quote:
So you don't waste my time, and everyone else's with useless semantics about a point I made you're taking out of context:
I've demonstrated this wasn't semantics. You implied Emmerton was your option of eliminating to make room for Nyquist. I demonstrated why that would be foolish.
Quote:
Do you honestly not see ANY way Nyquist can fit on the third line that would make sense? No straw man argument, just answer that because that is what I was implying.
No. I do not. Not without causing a hassle. Not even so that they will be accompanied by adequate linemates. But it doesn't matter. Even if Nyquist gets a 3rd line spot as you all are *****ing about him getting, you'll just turn around and ***** about how he isn't being used properly. There is no way this management can please anyone hear. You'll always rationalize how every move is terribad and that you could do a better job than Holland.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
But it doesn't matter. Even if Nyquist gets a 3rd line spot as you all are *****ing about him getting, you'll just turn around and ***** about how he isn't being used properly. There is no way this management can please anyone hear. You'll always rationalize how every move is terribad and that you could do a better job than Holland.
I don't see how anyone can argue with a person who tells them what they're going to say before they actually do.

Because, of course, they weren't going to say that.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:29 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
I don't see how anyone can argue with a person who tells them what they're going to say before they actually do.

Because, of course, they weren't going to say that.
Gustav Nyquist: Plays on December 22 against Dallas. Everyone is excited. When he is demoted to the third line (where everyone wants him to play on now), everyone is ready to crucify Mike Babcock.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Gustav Nyquist: Plays on December 22 against Dallas. Everyone is excited. When he is demoted to the third line (where everyone wants him to play on now), everyone is ready to crucify Mike Babcock.
I'd be fine with him on the 4th line. He needs to learn the NHL game.

Generalizations don't always work.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:49 PM
mukluks

Dear Jman,

Please calm down. Your act is old before it's time.

Signed,

A loyal visitor of HFBoards.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:05 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
I'd be fine with him on the 4th line. He needs to learn the NHL game.

Generalizations don't always work.
Perhaps I shouldn't use overarching words, but that was aimed at the people who constantly whine about wanting to get rid of a random bottom sixer and replacing them with Nyquist, whose likely linemates don't match up well with his game.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:01 PM
joe89

Almqvist came out of the penalty box and scored on a nice wrister. 1-0 after 1.

Pretty disappointing to see Skinner on the first unit over Almqvist. Hopefully they just want to see what he can do.

Griffins hold on to win and Mrazek gets his first pro shutout!

Last edited by joe89: 02-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Almqvist came out of the penalty box and scored on a nice wrister. 1-0 after 1.

Pretty disappointing to see Skinner on the first unit over Almqvist. Hopefully they just want to see what he can do.

Griffins hold on to win and Mrazek gets his first pro shutout!
Good for Petr!

Old
02-04-2013, 09:11 PM
hpleisman
Rookie User

Mrasek and Tatar got called up. Does anybody know how long? Will Mrasek see any playing time?

Old
02-04-2013, 11:42 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpleisman View Post
Mrasek and Tatar got called up. Does anybody know how long? Will Mrasek see any playing time?
Barring a miracle recovery by Gustavsson or MacDonald, Mrazek will get one of the games this week. Not tomorrow though.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpleisman View Post
Griffins will play FRI-SAT @ Oklahoma, I think they send MacDonald there to be the back-up for McCollum.

I think Tatar is sent down after this match against Calgary. (if he doesn't score a hattrick or something)

And Mrazek gets the start against the Oilers. Eberle, Hall, RNH, Schultz, Lander, Pääjärvi, Hartikainen all are familiar for Mrazek already from early AHL-matches at this season. So you can't give more comfortable chance for him than those "Oklahoma Oilers".

It's always easier for goaltender when he knows the players he is playing against and has had succes against them (2 wins in 2 games against Oklahoma).

BTW, Horcoff, Jones and Reasoner are injured (two best defensive centers and three best penalty killers), so the Oilers will be more "Oklahoma" than ever. Our home power-play should kill them and Mrazek shuts them out.

Last edited by Henkka: 02-05-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
shultzyfeelinirie20

^^Henkka i would love that to be true if that happens id be so happy

Old
02-06-2013, 08:59 AM
PensFan6687

How has Tomas Jurco looked?

Old
02-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Rzombo4 prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan6687 View Post
How has Tomas Jurco looked?
IMHO he was looking pretty green in the first half of the season. He clearly has some talent but is still adjusting to the pro game. I will be curious to see how he performs in the final quarter of the season.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

McCollum with a nice FU to Babs, throws up a shutout in his first game back and looked very good, rescued them from overtime with a couple awesome saves in the final minute.

Responded just the way we hoped to those comments.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:24 PM
joe89

McCollum back and gets the shutout! Griffins fought fire with fire in this one, countering Houston's defense with a lot patience. Team win, nice to see Sheahan score. Nyquist line(Andersson, Ferraro) should've had a couple of goals but couldn't cash in. Also, I think they may have found a keeper in Skinner.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:34 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Great to here about Tommy! I really think Mrazek's swagger rubbed off on him as he's showed great mental toughness ever since being challenged by Petr.

Nice to hear about Skinner. What kind of game does he play?

Old
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Nice to hear about Skinner. What kind of game does he play?
Two way, pretty good skater. If I had to pick someone from the current team, Ian White.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:42 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Two way, pretty good skater. If I had to pick someone from the current team, Ian White.
Awesome. That's pretty much exactly what the Griffins need.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:02 PM
joe89

Half assed effort by the Griffins. 3rd line was good. A lot happened with Paetsch and Almqvist on the ice, they were on for two goals for and three goals against(one on PP). Almqvist had primary assists on those who were shots that led to rebound goals. Top offensive guys had off nights, saw some good shifts by Jurco though that I liked. McCollum was hung out to dry at times. Skinner once again looked solid.

Old
02-09-2013, 03:39 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Nyquist has not been playing well since the demotion, didn't watch tonights game yet, but the stats have not been encouraging. His confidence seems to have been shaken by the big call up.

Old
02-09-2013, 07:58 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Nyquist has not been playing well since the demotion, didn't watch tonights game yet, but the stats have not been encouraging. His confidence seems to have been shaken by the big call up.
Doesn't help that his two common linemates, Andersson and Tatar, were not on the team last night. I can imagine that would require him to get accustomed to new linemates.

Closed Thread