HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins place Zach Boychuk back on waivers (Claimed by Nashville)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I'd like to see him and Kunitz swap lines for a game. Reunite that line and see if Boychuk doesn't look even better with Sid.
Yes please.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
I like your thinking. Finally, we see eye to eye today
I was saying this before the game too. I'm demanding it now though. I have a sinking feeling we won't see it though...

Old
02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Tangradi was scratched this game, yes?

Old
02-02-2013, 05:58 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Tangradi was scratched this game, yes?
ET, DJ, Lovejoy were healthy scratches

Old
02-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Boychuk looked more dangerous offensively in one game than Jeffrey or Tangradi have in countless times that many games imo.

The scouting report held true since you see the very good speed and skill but the negative being that he's very weak on the puck. He fell down way too many times for my liking when contacted by defenders but still made a few things happen offensively.

The obvious conclusion to come to is that he needs to bulk up a bit more but I listened to an interview he did a little while ago and he said that he needs to keep his weight about where it's at right now because playing at a higher weight is tough for him.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:43 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

I'll give you Tangradi but not Jeffrey. Jeffrey looked pretty good in his own right with Malkin the last game.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:43 PM
JTG

If he hasn't bulked up yet, what is he waiting for, would be my question?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
If he hasn't bulked up yet, what is he waiting for, would be my question?
Some people's bodies just aren't able to add it. Not saying this is the case with him, but it's something to think about.

Old
02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
JTG

I agree. So the "well he should get bigger" is not something that can always be thrown out there. At his age, I think he's probably as big as he's going to get.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:01 PM
jrm2054

I was there he looked good IMO. He had a few scoring chances.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:57 PM
nhindian

Pretty hard shot as well. Hopefully it's accurate too!

He is so awkward though

Old
02-03-2013, 12:26 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I'll give you Tangradi but not Jeffrey. Jeffrey looked pretty good in his own right with Malkin the last game.

Agreed. And also Jeffrey is way more versatile than Tangradi. DJ can kill penalties, and can play the point on 2nd PP unit or quarterback it from the half-wall. If Jeffrey can continue his solid play (for which he'll actually need some ice time and opportunity, of course), and Boychuk looks like he really does belong here, then I will have no problem turning the page on Tangradi and trading/packaging him to ship him out.

His value is pretty low right now and won't get any better rotting in the press box. Unless we run into some kind of injury situation and/or ET suddenly puts everything together (doubtful), we're going to have to move him pretty darn soon -- not only to preserve any value he may/may not have, but also to get down under the roster limit. I was an ET supporter, but now I'm getting tired of making excuses for a guy who, unlike Jeffrey or Boychuck, wasn't even productive consistently at the AHL level. See ya, ET. Would be nice to get something back for you.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 AM
Slabber Chops

Quote:
I agree. So the "well he should get bigger" is not something that can always be thrown out there. At his age, I think he's probably as big as he's going to get.
I don't know about that. I've found it quite easy to put on weight since his age

Old
02-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
Tomorrow's my first chance to see Boychuk in action. Hopefully DB sticks with the same line up that came out with a strong performance today and doesn't decide to do some mixing and matching for no reason.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:02 AM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standundefeated View Post
I agree, I thought he looked good. Can't wait for him to get a couple more games in and see where he's at.
Unfortunately this might be the best he looks because he was going off of instinct a lot. After Bylsma gets a few more practices he'll have him dumping the puck and not supporting the defense in no time...

Old
02-03-2013, 01:16 AM
sf expat71

It was a pretty good first game overall. He certainly looks better than Tangradi ever has, and his speed is a pretty nice asset. FWIW, even then I'd prefer to lose Lovejoy to waivers than Tangradi, barring a miraculous trade of the near zero values of either player netting any return. I'm not going to let myself get too excited though, how many times have we seen a player move to a new team and play well above his norm during an adrenaline laced period?

Old
02-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Jeffrey is better than Tangradi and I agree that he looked solid the other night with Malkin but I still think Boychuk looked more dangerous than either. I actually thought Boychuk was going to score a few times. I haven't had that feeling watching Tangradi ever and haven't had that feeling about Jeffrey since he first came up and was productive a few years ago.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Lixxiq
@Lixxiq

I really like Boychuk and I also liked him back in Carolina and added him at the end of the year to my fantasy squad two times because I thought very highly of him.

He played pretty well last night but unfortunately as a matter of fact he didn't score. If he wants to remain on our top2 lines he has to score - anyhow.

And I'm still a bit pissed, just a bit because we won and that is all that matters, he didn't score on the 2-0 situation with Geno.

Yeah, i know, a bit too much *****ing and moaning.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Fordy
the kid signify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixxiq View Post
I really like Boychuk and I also liked him back in Carolina and added him at the end of the year to my fantasy squad two times because I thought very highly of him.

He played pretty well last night but unfortunately as a matter of fact he didn't score. If he wants to remain on our top2 lines he has to score - anyhow.

And I'm still a bit pissed, just a bit because we won and that is all that matters, he didn't score on the 2-0 situation with Geno.

Yeah, i know, a bit too much *****ing and moaning.
Well I guess Dupuis is done this season then.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
He may not be able to get bigger, but it probably wouldn't hurt to target specific muscle group, namely his core, to improve his balance and not get knocked down so much (of course he may already being doing that mind you).

I thought he looked decent out there. Obviously it's tough having only a single practice with your new team, but the potential to improve is definitely there.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:53 AM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tang View Post
He may not be able to get bigger, but it probably wouldn't hurt to target specific muscle group, namely his core, to improve his balance and not get knocked down so much (of course he may already being doing that mind you).

I thought he looked decent out there. Obviously it's tough having only a single practice with your new team, but the potential to improve is definitely there.
I would assume that he's been given the proper workouts by the team's trainers or even whoever trains him in the offseason. I don't think it's our place to sit here and suggest what he should be doing, there's people that get paid to do that, and it's their full time job.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
I would assume that he's been given the proper workouts by the team's trainers or even whoever trains him in the offseason. I don't think it's our place to sit here and suggest what he should be doing, there's people that get paid to do that, and it's their full time job.
if we said that about the GM and Coach, this site would have to be shut down

Old
02-03-2013, 11:04 AM
eXile59
Shirts on.

When Niskanen comes back we'll have to put some one on waivers so I expect him to get a serious look over the next couple games.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:20 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
You would think so but even a guy like Malkin didn't start take training seriously until a couple years ago.

I don't think teams really get too involved with a players offseason training schedule as evidenced by a lot of different players around the league.

He may use somebody, but he may not as well.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

This is a job for

Sometimes I wish we'd sign Gary Roberts again... just so he could shoot this look at the opposition once in a while.

Stat line:

Roberts
4:30 TOI 0G 0A, 2 Hits, 5 PIM, 4 Blood-curdling Stares

Closed Thread