HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

so when does souray get dealt?

Old
07-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
so when does souray get dealt?

i know many dont like AL STRACHAN and im not a big fan . ill give him props tho he has been pretty spot on with his "scooop" latley. first no one belived his pronger wants to leave stuff and sure enuff it was true .

predicted blake back to los angles and sure enuff thats where he lands.

loungo outta flordia

also

something he said was
-----------------
it appears that Sheldon Souray wants to leave Montreal, so the Canadiens will be in the market for a defenceman as well
-----------------

scary part is who will the habs acquire to replace souray for 2.3 million? thats the scary part in this market .

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hoc...46854-sun.html

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 07-02-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:26 PM
KaptainKourage*

Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek

Oh wait. Nvm. They dont speak french.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post
Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek Markov Spacek

yup thats the problem Spacek 4.5 million

Old
07-02-2006, 05:29 PM
zednik20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov#79 View Post

and both are euro players....

zednik20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:32 PM
Habbadasher

In that article it says that Gillette paid himself a 72 million dividend. Where did that come from?

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
In that article it says that Gillette paid himself a 72 million dividend. Where did that come from?

let george cry poor as the bell centre remains sold out .
like i said last year there really no panic to bring in big guys when you can sell out the building with ahl talent .

Old
07-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_9forever View Post
and both are euro players....
Who cares? They're better than the French Canadian players we currently have.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:41 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I don't think Souray wants to leave Montreal. My friend saw him today here in the city.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:43 PM
sandman08

im fairly sure the dividend in question would have come from his other business holdings and not the team?

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I don't think Souray wants to leave Montreal. My friend saw him today here in the city.

i hope your right . im just nervous as al was correct on what he was saying for once

i hope they can lock big sheldon up for the next 4 years

Old
07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
i hope your right . im just nervous as al was correct on what he was saying for once

i hope they can lock big sheldon up for the next 4 years
My friend saw him shopping golf clubs today. Why would Souray shop his golf clubs in Montreal in the offseason if he wants out???

Old
07-02-2006, 05:48 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
I have a feeling that is from his other bigger businesses and not the Habs.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:49 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
My friend saw him shopping golf clubs today. Why would Souray shop his golf clubs in Montreal in the offseason if he wants out???

golf clubs can fit on planes correct? geez i thought you had something a little more concrete

Old
07-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
like i said last year there really no panic to bring in big guys when you can sell out the building with ahl talent .
lol, what a joke... The guy is billionaire, don't you think he doesn't give a **** to invest some more million on his hockey team... Actually, if he's really looking forward to make some big bucks like you think, I believe he should make everything possible to get his team to the Stanley Cup finals, it would bring alot more money than what he would have to pay for to get the team better... But again, I don't know why there's complain about our financial situation, we've been approximately 2 or 3 millions away from the cap during the whole season, what's wrong with it ? If the budget isn't being handled the right way, then that's not Gillet's problem...
Anyway, that's a childish/simple way to see things, I'm pretty sure that's not the way things works...

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
lol, what a joke... The guy is billionaire, don't you think he doesn't give a **** to invest some more million on his hockey team... Actually, if he's really looking forward to make some big bucks like you think, I believe he should make everything possible to get his team to the Stanley Cup finals, it would bring alot more money than what he would have to pay for to get the team better... But again, I don't know why there's complain about our financial situation, we've been approximately 2 or 3 millions away from the cap during the whole season, what's wrong with it ? If the budget isn't being handled the right way, then that's not Gillet's problem...
Anyway, that's a childish/simple way to see things, I'm pretty sure that's not the way things works...

Gillet is far from being a billionnaire. He had to get garantees from Molson to borrow to buy the team.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:55 PM
tmc

Quote:
jeez people he said it himself that he did not request a trade but he would be happy if he got to play closer to his daugther.

http://www.lapresse.com/article/2006...73249464414263

that means when he is ufa he will probably leave

tmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:55 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

golf clubs can fit on planes correct? geez i thought you had something a little more concrete
My point is, why is he still here if he could be anywhere else? It's his choice to stay in Montreal for the summer while he could be in another city.... you know.

Old
07-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Gillet is far from being a billionnaire. He had to get garantees from Molson to borrow to buy the team.
Yeah right... Then, how is he having 8 ski station in Vail, Groupe Spectacle Gillet's, a Hockey team and more....

Old
07-02-2006, 06:10 PM
Lestriker

Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Yeah right... Then, how is he having 8 ski station in Vail, Groupe Spectacle Gillet's, a Hockey team and more....
George Gillett launched a chain of television stations through his company, Gillett Communications Co. If there's anything that might make the Canadiens board of directors reject the sale, it's Gillett's recent financial trouble. In 1992 he filed for a US$66.2-million personal bankruptcy when his junk-bond financed television stations collapsed. He has managed to rebuild his financial empire through Booth Creek Ski Holdings Inc., which owns seven ski and summer resorts. Pledging to devote more interest to their brewery, Molson put the Canadiens and the Molson Centre up for sale on June 27.

http://www.cbc.ca/montreal/story/habs010201.html

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Ginoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
George Gillett launched a chain of television stations through his company, Gillett Communications Co. If there's anything that might make the Canadiens board of directors reject the sale, it's Gillett's recent financial trouble. In 1992 he filed for a US$66.2-million personal bankruptcy when his junk-bond financed television stations collapsed. He has managed to rebuild his financial empire through Booth Creek Ski Holdings Inc., which owns seven ski and summer resorts. Pledging to devote more interest to their brewery, Molson put the Canadiens and the Molson Centre up for sale on June 27.

http://www.cbc.ca/montreal/story/habs010201.html
Are there any place where we can see his financial situation ? The fact that he's been able to rebuild his "financial situation" with his ski resorts and the Canadiens/Bell Center profit he's getting makes me believe the guy might be close from being billionaire

Old
07-02-2006, 06:18 PM
SOLR

Quote:

Nothing to do with hockey.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Another BS story by Al Strachan ! Souray is not going anywhere.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:26 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Are there any place where we can see is financial situation ? The fact that he's been able to rebuild his "financial situation" with his ski resorts and the Canadiens/Bell Center profit he's getting makes me believe the guy might be close from being billionaire
Alot of people on this board don't have much common sense so don't be surprised when people read an article and take it as gospel.

Back when Gillett wanted to buy the habs, his two primary investments (meat and ski-resorts) were losing tons of money due to the mad cow scare and a bad ski winter. Simple as that. Those issues have been dealt with and the Gillett money-train is back on track... and yes, the guy is indeed loaded.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
so two days ago the Habs were one or two key players away from being top contenders, and now they're an AHL team?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote