HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Shot Down in Flames | Blackhawks @ Flames | 9 PM CT | CSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
  #1
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Shot Down in Flames | Blackhawks @ Flames | 9 PM CT | CSN

@
[6-0-2] @ [1-3-1]


TV: CSN-CH, RDS, CBC
Radio: 720 AM WGN, FAN 590
9 PM CT/8 PM MST

Scotiabank Saddledome
Calgary, AB


Lines
20-19-81
B Saad - J Toews - M Hossa
10 - 65 - 88
P Sharp - A Shaw* - P Kane
29-16-25
B Bickell - M Kruger - V Stalberg
52-22-67
B Bollig - J Mayers - M Frolik

2-7
D Keith - B Seabrook
8-27
N Leddy - J Oduya
4-17
N Hjalmarsson - S Brookbank

30
R Emery
50
C Crawford

Lines
Hudler - Stajan - Iginla
Glencross - Tanguay - Cervenka
Cammalleri - Backlund - Sempniak
Jones - Begin - Comeau

Bouwmeester - Giordano
Wideman - Brodie
Smith - Sarich

Kiprusoff
Irving


We're not in Hawkeytown, but we still see red!

Flying high:



Us vs. water:



Flames vs. water:









*Dave Bolland is DtD with an ankle injury, all centers from 2-4 moved up one spot, Bollig inserted into lineup and Mayers moves to C.


Last edited by BBH: 02-02-2013 at 09:00 PM.
BBH is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:05 PM
  #2
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Nice GDT. Thanks

Sarava is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:08 PM
  #3
Blue Liner
Registered User
 
Blue Liner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 4,300
vCash: 500
Thought Martini was going to dazzle us with a GDT..?

Blue Liner is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:18 PM
  #4
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,278
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Thought Martini was going to dazzle us with a GDT..?

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:26 PM
  #5
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
I haven't even seen Marty ol' boy around lately. Too busy pouring over tape, looking for holes in Nick Leddy's game I suppose.

Anyways, looking for a bounce back game against Calgary. They've improved their skill level over the off-season, hopefully that opens the ice up a bit and we can get some more chances 5-on-5.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:34 PM
  #6
zytz
lumberjack
 
zytz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I haven't even seen Marty ol' boy around lately. Too busy pouring over tape, looking for holes in Nick Leddy's game I suppose.

Anyways, looking for a bounce back game against Calgary. They've improved their skill level over the off-season, hopefully that opens the ice up a bit and we can get some more chances 5-on-5.
He was in the VAN GDT yesterday talking **** about the Hawks like a pro.

Iginla has been totally invisible on my fantasy team... hope it continues tonight.

zytz is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 01:36 PM
  #7
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Emery starting?

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
  #8
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Yeah I'm seeing a loss. Team will probably be gassed after having to exert so much energy coming from behind for 40 minutes then killing a bunch of penalties and going to OT. Flames aren't good but they aren't as bad as their record.

It's time to throw Emery out there. Though he probably won't be very sharp....

If Hawks can push another game to OT, I won't complain one bit.

BronYrAur is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 02:31 PM
  #9
BBH
34|38|61|10|13
 
BBH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago, IL, US of A
Country: United States
Posts: 4,206
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Emery starting, but it's the Flames, and judging by their play so far this year, we haven't anything to worry about, aside from Emery's GAA.

BBH is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:19 PM
  #10
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
 
CS85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Champaign, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CS85
This is a great time for an urgency test. Blackhawks aren't up against a wall, but the trend has been almost a total reversion to 2012 offense-wise over the last few games. Pretty disappointing team to watch over this stretch, and hopefully knowing that Emery's going to yield at least 3-4 goals will give them incentive to play with a bit more reckless abandon.

CS85 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:33 PM
  #11
BronYrAur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS85 View Post
This is a great time for an urgency test. Blackhawks aren't up against a wall, but the trend has been almost a total reversion to 2012 offense-wise over the last few games. Pretty disappointing team to watch over this stretch, and hopefully knowing that Emery's going to yield at least 3-4 goals will give them incentive to play with a bit more reckless abandon.
Hawks scored a ton of goals last year. Their offense was fine. Don't know why people have this misconception.

Goals will come from this group. Sharp will pick up his game eventually, Saad has been extremely unlucky. I just want to see this team continue its quality defensive play.

BronYrAur is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:35 PM
  #12
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 50
Congrats on the easy win tonight. If Kipper is in net, you'll likely have 15+ goals.

Skobel24 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:38 PM
  #13
ndgt10
Registered User
 
ndgt10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Poland
Country: United States
Posts: 4,105
vCash: 500
Yeah this will be a loss.

ndgt10 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
  #14
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,984
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
Emery starting, but it's the Flames, and judging by their play so far this year, we haven't anything to worry about, aside from Emery's GAA.
You should worry more about Kippers GAA... wait, nevermind. That's us (Flames Fans) that should worry about Kippers GAA.

Skobel24 is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
  #15
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
This is a game we should win. We still have 0 regulation losses, so this team is not as horrible as everyone says. Get over your dramatics, look over it objectively, and we're still a team that can beat anyone. Road trips are tough, but we have a good road record up to this point in the year. Once the offense catches their stride again, we'll start lighting teams up. This is a good game for that to happen.

4-2 Blackhawks.

TorMenT is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:00 PM
  #16
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
On any given night ...

Calgary has played only 5 games and 4 of those were home games. Their 1 road game was over a week ago. To say they are well rested and will be ready for this game is an understatement.

The Hawks have already played 6 road game and this will be their 3rd back-to-back road game. It shouldn't be surprising the Hawks play has fallen off over the last few games, and it wouldn't be surprising if they start out a little slow tonight. I'd say the brutal schedule is the main reason why players who didn't play during the lockout (like Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Bolland, Keith, Seabrook) have tailed off or been inconsistent in the last few games - they have to be fatigued.

If Calgary comes out strong and jumps to a 1 or 2 goal lead - it will be an uphill grind the rest of the game. I'm not taking Calgary lightly given the circumstances and I hope neither are the Hawks.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
  #17
BlackhawkGuugeli
Registered User
 
BlackhawkGuugeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Well another 5am wake up for me this weekend. Hopefully the game will be more action packed than last game. Thinking it's going to be a comfortable win for the hawks although Emery is in the net.

PS. Nice GDT!

BlackhawkGuugeli is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
  #18
XeO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
Probable #Flames lines- Cervenka Stajan Hudler, Cammalleri Tanguay Iginla, Glencross Backlund Stempniak, Comeau Jones jackman..

Probable D Men #Flames , Giordano Bouwmeester, Brodie Wideman, Smith Butler..Sarich getting extra skating..probable scratch.

Iginla's line is the first line for the flames. So far during the last 2 games for the flames, Hudler Stajan and Cervenka have been playing really well. Iginla and Cammalleri need to start scoring goals. Butler and kipper were bad last game. I'm guessing the flames lose again if they keep playing with average intensity, but if they come out moving their feet then you guys will see a fast fun hockey game from us. We over at calgarypuck are hoping the flames take advantage of Emery

XeO is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:18 PM
  #19
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
On any given night ...

Calgary has played only 5 games and 4 of those were home games. Their 1 road game was over a week ago. To say they are well rested and will be ready for this game is an understatement.

The Hawks have already played 6 road game and this will be their 3rd back-to-back road game. It shouldn't be surprising the Hawks play has fallen off over the last few games, and it wouldn't be surprising if they start out a little slow tonight. I'd say the brutal schedule is the main reason why players who didn't play during the lockout (like Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Bolland, Keith, Seabrook) have tailed off or been inconsistent in the last few games - they have to be fatigued.

If Calgary comes out strong and jumps to a 1 or 2 goal lead - it will be an uphill grind the rest of the game. I'm not taking Calgary lightly given the circumstances and I hope neither are the Hawks.
These guys are professional athletes. If they were fatigued last night after the rest they had going in, they will be fatigued the entire season. It's going to get much tougher.

BobbyJet is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 05:54 PM
  #20
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Haven't watched the Flames this year but as a Kipper owner, the Hawks are all but guaranteed about four goals.

brtriad is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 07:09 PM
  #21
ChiGuySez
Showtime
 
ChiGuySez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 5,203
vCash: 500
They way the Hawks offense has been stagnating, they'll be lucky for 1 or 2 goals. Easy to stop shots when they're all in the gut or you're not making tic tac plays. If the offense dosent start waking up soon, the road trip will be ugly. Time to stop the skid.

ChiGuySez is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
  #22
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 18,278
vCash: 772
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
Shaw. Kruger moves up to third line. @HawksFanDenver: @MarkLazerus good news on Bolly but who is #2 center tonight?"


So...

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Shaw - Kane
Bickell - Kruger - Stalberg
Bollig - Mayers - Frolik

I guess?

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 07:42 PM
  #23
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
That second line will be brutal in the defensive zone.

Cullksinikers is online now  
Old
02-02-2013, 07:47 PM
  #24
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus
Shaw. Kruger moves up to third line. @HawksFanDenver: @MarkLazerus good news on Bolly but who is #2 center tonight?"


So...

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Shaw - Kane
Bickell - Kruger - Stalberg
Bollig - Mayers - Frolik

I guess?
DHF put this perfectly last night. Q is now treating Shaw like he treated Kruger last year.

"He's not good enough to be a 3rd line center? Let's try him as a 2nd line center!"

Sevanston is offline  
Old
02-02-2013, 08:02 PM
  #25
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 2,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
These guys are professional athletes. If they were fatigued last night after the rest they had going in, they will be fatigued the entire season. It's going to get much tougher.
8 games in 14 days, with 6 of them on the road and 3 sets of back-to-back with the back half of all 3 sets on the road. So yeah - I think they might be fatigued with that schedule and no preseason games to get in game shape.

EbonyRaptor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.