HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sad but other are still left...

Old
07-02-2006, 05:13 PM
sandman08

vCash: 500
the bolts would never have traded sydor to us because of the whole within the conference thing

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:14 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man View Post
I too wish Arnott or Elias or langebrunner would have signed with us. Sure I would have paid more for Savard than BTN did. Although it may seem like Gainet has failed to convinced big names to come to MTL, I must point out that the UFA signing period is far from over.

Shanahan who was sought after by Houle in his Hartford days has already expressed excitement about playing in Montreal (albeit before he ever joined the Wings).

Samsonov is a top talent who has played in Canada and who's playmaking abilities would complement Kovalev's "I'm gonna make a move and shoot" mentality. And he's another russian forward.

Recchi finally has his 2nd stanley cup. Montreal is past its dark days. He has chemistry and friendship with Koivu. Maybe he can be coaxed back.

A hungry hungry Roenick is dying to play around here.

Peca wants to come back to the east.

We can sign a D (danny markov?) to create an abundance of D and trade one (sheldon souray?) for a forward.

So what I'm saying is, all is not lost as of now.
Peca would spice up the lineup

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Peca would spice up the lineup
Peca is not the shadow of the shadow of the man he was in his prime. Pass.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

I'd say yes to Shanahan for sure. No to Samsonov because he has settled down into being a 20 goals scorer and we have enough of those.

Recchi? Eh...He's at the end of the road, IMO. I liked him in his prime though.

Roenick...bah. If he qualifies for the Crippled Contract were you can load up his deal with incentives while keeping his downside guarantee low, why not.

We don't need a D. We have an NHL caliber D as our 7th, and a kid ready to graduate as an 8th.

One name that is not mentionned that I'm bringing up is Steve Rucchin. Big, two way center. If we can get rid of Bonk, he could be good on a two-way third line.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
One name that is not mentionned that I'm bringing up is Steve Rucchin. Big, two way center. If we can get rid of Bonk, he could be good on a two-way third line.
But what the Habs need is scoring. Rucchin would probably score more than Bonk did last season, I'm sure (for that matter I'd be surprised if Bonk didn't) but he's not a top 6 forward and that, really, is the pressing need.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote