HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our line up without UFA's or trades !

Old
07-02-2006, 03:44 PM
habitforming

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Do you think we can do the playoffs (and go further than the 1st round...) with this lineup ?

Higgins - Koivu (if he's back) - Kovalev (I would definitely put him with Koivu again)

Kostisyn - Ribeiro - Perezhogin (This line and Pleks line can play the as #2)

Zednik - Plekanek - Ryder (Ryder and Zednik can't play with Ribs !)

Bégin - Bonk - Murray

Downey - Ferland

(Lapierre, Latendresse, Chipchura and/or Grabosky can surprise and get a job)

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Rivet
Bouillon-Dandenault
Streit - (Côté)

Huet - Aebisher
Of course there will be some changes by Bob - whether today or before the start of the season or before next years trade dead line.

That wouldn't exactly be to responsible of BG to do now would it.

habitforming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Talent Analyst

My lines :

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Latendresse-Plekanek-Kostitsyn
Murray-Begin-Lapierre

Downey/Grabovsky (scratch)

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Bouillon
Streit-Rivet

Huet
Aebischer

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
My lines :

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribeiro-Kovalev
Latendresse-Plekanek-Kostitsyn
Murray-Begin-Lapierre

Downey/Grabovsky (scratch)

Markov-Komisarek
Souray-Bouillon
Streit-Rivet

Huet
Aebischer
if Grabo makes the team, it'd be useless to have him be a scratch.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45 View Post
if Grabo makes the team, it'd be useless to have him be a scratch.
Will be in Hamilton and can be call when a player will be hurt

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

are we 2 days away from starting the regular season or 2 days into the free agency period?

I'm starting to wonder.

Relax guys

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999 View Post
This post is so hilarious...
Care to explain why it is so hilarious?

Maybe I'm the only one but I really think that we can go far with our actual roster. Carbo and Gainey brought a new attitude to the team! Just look in the last playoffs, we were really playing as a team. One full season like that and we might be a contender...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 07:57 PM
tinyzombies

It's not a bad lineup, but it's not a Cup contender either. The same problems remain:

1. No grit or size in the top 6.

2. Defense cannot move the puck without an extremely conservative breakout, which ruins our transition possibilities

3. Small centers.

4. Bonk, a floater, centering the energy line.

5. General lack of toughness up front (tho it's getting a bit better).

6. Lack of scoring (we could rely on kids I guess), and now Zednik wants out and we already lost Bulis's 20 goals.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
davey999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Care to explain why it is so hilarious?

Maybe I'm the only one but I really think that we can go far with our actual roster. Carbo and Gainey brought a new attitude to the team! Just look in the last playoffs, we were really playing as a team. One full season like that and we might be a contender...
Ribeiro as a second line centre. You really think this team can go far?

davey999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 09:51 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Even without any UFA signing, few teams will have a better offensive than ours..

Perezhogin will make everybody speechless, he had a difficulty first year but you could see him feel better and better at the end of the year, he clearly stepped up and showed a major improvement in his game once in playoffs where he was doing everything extremmely well.. But that was only a sample of what he will do next season, elite skilled kid with a great hockey sense, responsible defensively and rarely takes shifts off.. The key is the confidence issue.. In Perezhogin's case its a matter of adaptation.. From what he showed in playoffs, the kid will blossom this year..

Komisarek is another kid that will make our team stronger next year, is just starting to blossom...

In Higgins you know what you get, a versatile foward that can score goals, kill penalities, take faceoffs.. Not as skilled as Kostitsyn and Perezhogin but high level competitor to use in key situations..

Plekanec can handle a second line center job for sure, it will be interesting to see how Carbo will use him.. PP time? second line center spot? who are gonna be his linemates? Pretty underrated offensive skills by some...

From what I seen of Kostitsyn last season, it makes no doubt he will crack the team easily... He is the most skilled kid we have and probably the most promising prospect of the last 20 years or so.. His presence in the line-up will make our offensive improve a big deal..

Guys like Ryder, Zednik will have to wake up soon cause Latendresse and Grabovski wont be there just to figure...

Higgins Koivu Kostitsyn

Perezhogin Plekanec Kovalev

Zednik Bonk Ryder

Begin Murray Downey

Add Shanahan to this team and..

Shanahan Koivu Perezhogin

Kostitsyn Plekanec Kovalev

Higgins Bonk Zednik/Ryder

Begin Murray Downey

Dude youre the only one whos optimist about this team even though they havent sign anyone and i will join you in this trend. People are forgetting that this team came togheter in the playoffs, especially the defense, against one of the best offense in the league and also, lets not forget about Theo's attempt of tanking our season. This is not a bad team, au contraire...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey999 View Post
This is the same quote every year. Then we don't get anyone at the deadline (or close to it) and everyone says you don't win with deadline deals. Of course, Recchi and Weight would probably disagree.
I dunno, "every year" consists of what... 1 year under the new CBA? 2 years under the current GM (in one of which we landed Kovalev)?

I don't actually believe that Gainey will be any more aggressive at the deadline than he has been so far in this UFA market. (And for similarly good reason, because I don't like the idea of giving up good futures for rent-a-players any more than I like the idea of signing Arnott-like albatross contracts). But at least he might have the option, where several other teams in the league won't.

And as you say, Carolina and Edmonton were probably the two biggest players on the deadline pickup market last year, soooooo... it's not a strategy that can be entirely discounted.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
One thing for sure: The Habs wil NOT move up in the standings because several teams in the division and conference improved themselves while all they did is lose Bulis without a replacement. This is the team that barely finished 7th and had to wait until the final week to learn whether they would make the playoffs at all. If they hadn't won 7 of 8 against the Bruins, they would have been OUT. I sincerely doubt that the Habs could repeat their dominance against a team that now has Chara to play 30 minutes a game instead of Gill, plus Savard on the 2nd line. The Habs have weaknesses that we all know about. Any deniers?
Theo probably lost us 10 games by himself last year. Probably more when you consider he demoralized the team. I believe this team is perfectly capable of a 100 point season next year, especially if one of the many kids breaks out.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote