HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 8 | Detroit Red Wings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

Old
02-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Kronwall might be the most overrated player in a Wings jersey in a very long time. He's completely awful.
I know. He's been overrated for awhile. But he's just been so bad this year. He was supposed to step up and embrace his role as a top pairing d-man. And he's failed miserably thus far.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
detredWINgs

The only good thing about having a ****** defense this year is that, hopefully, it'll drive Howard's asking price down.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
They barely beat St. Louis, and a ton of the energy for that win was fueled by the revenge from St. Louis embarrassing Detroit at the start of the season.
Even with that energy, we got the win giftwrapped by officiating

CloneHakanPlease* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:33 PM
detredWINgs

LOL, Steve Mason's first win of the season...They'll win just the 2nd of their past 8 games...most they've scored all season...

Old
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
Nah, he's just the guy who decides who are.

I dont blame guys who arent NHL players for trying to be one. It's a job. Its not their fault managment had unrealistic expectations
Ken Holland can't prevent the team from having embarrassing performances like the one tonight. This isn't unrealistic expectations. This is the red Wings beating one of the best teams in the league and go right around getting beaten down easily by one of the worst. That's pathetic effort. That's not on the GM. That's on the players.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

yay... 1 down 2 to go!

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Good for Brunner. Driving his price up so he can get more money when he ditches us in free agency

Old
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Good for Brunner. Nice pass from Fil.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Good for Brunner. Driving his price up so he can get more money when he ditches us in free agency
Why don't you just leave and root for another team. This is getting obnoxious.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

I love having Brunner on my fantasy team

Him and Cory Conacher have been great steals

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
At least Jimmy is driving his price down.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Ken Holland can't prevent the team from having embarrassing performances like the one tonight. This isn't unrealistic expectations. This is the red Wings beating one of the best teams in the league and go right around getting beaten down easily by one of the worst. That's pathetic effort. That's not on the GM. That's on the players.
You dont blame a Honda Civic for not being able to tow like an f-150. Holland grossly overestimated this roster's capabilities. I hate Quincy, but I can't fault a guy for getting as much money as possible. It's not player's fault if GMs overpay

Last edited by CloneHakanPlease*: 02-02-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 09:38 PM
guinness
those were the days

Quote:
They barely beat St. Louis, and a ton of the energy for that win was fueled by the revenge from St. Louis embarrassing Detroit at the start of the season.
Even then, (and thanks to GC, I've seen more BJ's games than Wings) Columbus really is not that good.

There's talent there, but they can't seem to string it together, and Mason has been the crappier goalie. I was hoping that the Wings were beginning to turn the corner after the poor start.

But maybe the Wings are just going to go through a up/down season, sort of like last year, outside of the home unbeaten streak.

guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Quote:
The only good thing about having a ****** defense this year is that, hopefully, it'll drive Howard's asking price down.
Watch Howard get 4 mil per...

From us

Old
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
You dont blame a Honda Civic for not being able to tow like an f-150. Holland grossly overestimated this roster's capabilities
Even the '09 Red Wings lost to the Predators 8-0. Teams have pathetic performances. Get over it.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
You dont blame a Honda Civic for not being able to tow like an f-150. Holland grossly overestimated this roster's capabilities
I don't think he did. I think he was willing to sit pat and be crappy for a year if the asking prices were too high for what he needed. Like a stud defender. Suter was up for grabs but what if the price was too high? He has to balance short term vs long term success. I'm not trying to give him a pass or anything but it's easy to second guess without wearing those shoes.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:41 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
I know. He's been overrated for awhile. But he's just been so bad this year. He was supposed to step up and embrace his role as a top pairing d-man. And he's failed miserably thus far.
The only way hes overrated is if anyone thought he was ever anything better than average defensively or could be the type of point man with a good shot from the point. What he is, is a less flashy, less talented Mike Green: Average defensively, good offensively, somewhat physical, and picks up the majority of his goals from the slot, not the point.

He has 7 points in 8 games. If he were playing with another Dman on the point, or a responsible Dman at even strength, he wouldn't look nearly as bad and everyone would be singing his praises.

He's a #2 Dman who is already playing above his head as a #1 Dman. Combine that with the fact that he's surrounded by a pack of #5 defenseman (at best) and we're in trouble.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:42 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Even the '09 Red Wings lost to the Predators 8-0. Teams have pathetic performances. Get over it.
This isn't going to be a fluke game. This team will finish barely above .500 and 7-9th seed.

Sorry some people don't accept mediocrity, especially when it could have been avoided. The proper steps needed to be taken to alleviate it aren't being taken. I'd be ok with failing and having a few lean seasons if the failure leads to something. Right now, it doesnt seem like it is. Scores can be misleading, and if anything I think this team's record is better than the actual on Ice product.

You call it whining, I call it Pride in a brand.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

This might make some of you feel better about our defense. I got a good laugh.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:44 PM
BinCookin

On an unrelated note...

How many people were complaining about Stuart on this forum before?
(I always liked him)

BinCookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
The only way hes overrated is if anyone thought he was ever anything better than average defensively or could be the type of point man with a good shot from the point. What he is, is a less flashy, less talented Mike Green: Average defensively, good offensively, somewhat physical, and picks up the majority of his goals from the slot, not the point.

He has 7 points in 8 games. If he were playing with another Dman on the point, or a responsible Dman at even strength, he wouldn't look nearly as bad and everyone would be singing his praises.

He's a #2 Dman who is already playing above his head as a #1 Dman. Combine that with the fact that he's surrounded by a pack of #5 defenseman (at best) and we're in trouble.
Kronwall is a #3 IMO. Surrounded by a pack of #5's? Give me a break. Big E is a top 4 d-man easily. Arguably a #3 on a good team or a #2 on the Wings.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
I don't think he did. I think he was willing to sit pat and be crappy for a year if the asking prices were too high for what he needed. Like a stud defender. Suter was up for grabs but what if the price was too high? He has to balance short term vs long term success. I'm not trying to give him a pass or anything but it's easy to second guess without wearing those shoes.

Then if you're going to stand pat and have a crappy year, let the over-ripe youth you have play some ****ing games. Don't go out and sign Samuelsson and Bertuzzi instead. To me, that suggests Holland DID think he had a decent team that could survive with a quantity of veterans over quality.

I would have absolutely NO problem getting beaten by the likes of Columbus and missing the playoffs, if it meant I got to watch Tatar and Nyquist mature as NHL players in the process.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
On an unrelated note...

How many people were complaining about Stuart on this forum before?
(I always liked him)
The complaints of him were warranted his last few months here. His mind and heart was in San Jose

Old
02-02-2013, 09:46 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
This isn't going to be a fluke game. This team will finish barely above .500 and 7-9th seed.

Sorry some people don't accept mediocrity, especially when it could have been avoided. The proper steps needed to be taken to alleviate it aren't being taken. I'd be ok with failing and having a few lean seasons if the failure leads to something. Right now, it doesnt seem like it is. Scores can be misleading, and if anything I think this team's record is better than the actual on Ice product.

You call it whining, I call it Pride in a brand.
I'm going to enjoy all the crow eating you'll be doing.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Kronwall is a #3 IMO. Surrounded by a pack of #5's? Give me a break. Big E is a top 4 d-man easily. Arguably a #3 on a good team or a #2 on the Wings.
Kronwall is a #3, and yet Ericsson is a #4...Looks like the logical switch has been flipped off for the night.