Will we be targeted nightly?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:11 PM
westernhome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
This is what kills me.

There's not normally retaliation if your enforcer loses a fair fight. Do I expect the next time Boston and Buffalo square off that it will be a more physical game? Yeah, I do, and I think most Bruin fans would take that kind of game and the Bruins win that type of game against Buffalo more often than not.

Scott and Thornton talked before the game about this match. Size disparity aside, it was a bout between two enforcers and Thorts lost. Was it dirty? Was there a penalty? Scott went with the Bruins' best fighter and knocked him out fairly. We don't often see other people challenging Thornton, Lucic, or McQuaid after they knock out the top guy from the other team.

The Bruins were supposed to retaliate because.....why?

Yeah, it serves to satiate some bloodthirst, but that's it, and it's far from being a wise strategy.
you missed the point, this wasn't about the fight itself, it is about Scott gesturing at the entire Bruins bench after, and Scott roughing up Seidenberg after, etc... that is the concerning thing

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:12 PM
slasher911

Where did all of these "We're the toughest team now!!" Buffalo fans even come from? Buffalo has won two fights so far (and that's if you even count Foligno/Fraser as a real fight). The rest of their fights have ended with Buffalo's players being ragdolled.

slasher911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Son of Marshmont
Moose Replacement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
you missed the point, this wasn't about the fight itself, it is about Scott gesturing at the entire Bruins bench after, and Scott roughing up Seidenberg after, etc... that is the concerning thing
No, I understood the point fully.

If the Bruins get all butthurt over someone shushing them, isn't the best way to deal with it....to win the game?

These aren't third-graders we're dealing with here. It's very rare that the best answer is to beat the physical snot out of one opponent. It's to beat the snot out of all of them on the scoreboard.

Getting mad over being shushed. My 13 year old gets mad about being shushed.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:35 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
No, I understood the point fully.

If the Bruins get all butthurt over someone shushing them, isn't the best way to deal with it....to win the game?

These aren't third-graders we're dealing with here. It's very rare that the best answer is to beat the physical snot out of one opponent. It's to beat the snot out of all of them on the scoreboard.

Getting mad over being shushed. My 13 year old gets mad about being shushed.
As he should.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
bostonphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins04 View Post
nothing happened. your whole argument is based on what "could" have happened.... that's fine. Lane is garbage, Lane is this and that... he has 1 fight against Rupp. Nothing happened...

simply isn't history of a julien team doing anything in those stages and there are stiff penalties to both the team, player and coaches. but it doesn't matter... these things get dealt with in the course of time.

all i was saying was, if we were up 3, i dont need julien rolling seguin line out there... it's okay for julien to put the merlot line out there. if you're afraid something "might" happen, don't do something dumb like leave skill guys out in a game that is practically over.
THINGS ABOUT BOSTON SPORTS! LETS DO IT!

CJ doesn't care about injuring other teams players, Ryan Miller? :/

Sox suck, they buy every other player for 13 million a year ;/ trade all these players, play farm team players

Patriots ***** about welker. It takes 2 to tango :/ ****ING SIGN WELKER, NOW!

Celtics talk, Where can i give up

bostonphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Boy, those 3 ruffians in Buds unis really targeted the **** outta the Bruins tonight.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:00 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Boy, those 3 ruffians in Buds unis really targeted the **** outta the Bruins tonight.
Yup

[/Thread]

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
45 posts... 2 threads... 2 gems... way the go champ.

That's all.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:44 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Cross thread reference!

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:35 AM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

Guys like Orr seldom see the ice after the first period of a low-scoring, close game.

Had we scored 2-3 quick ones early in the third I can assure you Orr and Mclaren would have made their statement. At that point Macdermid had already gone twice with Fraser. Was he going to then go with Orr or Mclaren? Doubtful. Was Mcquaid going to step up and fight the first heavy of his career? Also doubtful. Did we want Chara or Looch going with those two? I didn't.

I personally don't want to waste a roster spot on a guy like that. I would certainly be seriously in the market for a guy that plays a few quality shifts without hurting the team that can hang with those guys. Thornton was that guy, but I'm not sure how willing of a combatant he will be post-concussion. I'm also not sure I want him to. The guy does have a life to live when his career is over.

Quaider* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonphoenix View Post

Lane is a throw away player.
I have no idea what this means, and quite frankly it's insulting. Wanna explain?

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:29 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Guys like Orr seldom see the ice after the first period of a low-scoring, close game.

Had we scored 2-3 quick ones early in the third I can assure you Orr and Mclaren would have made their statement. At that point Macdermid had already gone twice with Fraser. Was he going to then go with Orr or Mclaren? Doubtful. Was Mcquaid going to step up and fight the first heavy of his career? Also doubtful. Did we want Chara or Looch going with those two? I didn't.

I personally don't want to waste a roster spot on a guy like that. I would certainly be seriously in the market for a guy that plays a few quality shifts without hurting the team that can hang with those guys. Thornton was that guy, but I'm not sure how willing of a combatant he will be post-concussion. I'm also not sure I want him to. The guy does have a life to live when his career is over.
What statement would they be making, exactly? "We're losing by so much that we need to send in thugs instead of trying to come back & win a game" ... ? I'd be stoked if the "targeting" that the B's faced included other teams waving the white flag and sending in the clowns.

And why exactly would anyone need to fight Orr or Mclaren at that time of the game? Even if Thornon was healthy & in the line-up, I'd be against him fighting a pointless scrap against a goon with a 3 goal lead in the 3rd.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:33 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post

I like Lane. He was very smart to go after the Leaf's 3rd best fighter and leave the legit guys alone.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:42 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

MacDermid did well. I however don't love a lineup with him and Thornton in it, if you are going to ice 2 fighters you probably want Thornton to be the 1A like he was in Anaheim behind Parros.

But credit to MacDermid for winning 2 bouts last night. He stepped up and proved he is OK for when Shawn goes down thats all anyone can ask from him.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote