HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Columbus (Ryan O'Reilly)

Old
02-01-2013, 07:48 PM
oceanchild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
When a guy's been told "no" several times in the same thread and continues to press the issue, it gets a tad annoying. See: Stastny.
Then leave the thread. Imo jmfj is a number 3 or 4 dman on a good team and the jackets would do well to get ROR for him. Its a realitive fair trade. Anything you add add after that is just your drama.

oceanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanchild View Post
Then leave the thread. Imo jmfj is a number 3 or 4 dman on a good team and the jackets would do well to get ROR for him. Its a realitive fair trade. Anything you add add after that is just your drama.
Wrong. Jack Johnson has been playing like a top pairing defenseman here in Columbus. He is worth more than O'Reilly to us. If Colorado doesn't want to give up what it would take to get a top pairing defenseman for him, no dice.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAVS View Post
Perhaps the next time you see a post that is unwelcome, and offensive, you should just refrain from posting.
Frequently do. Probably should have.

There's other misconceptions and issues in the rest of that reply, but those are tangents. I'll just leave it at this: It is an unwelcome suggestion; whether or not folks are respectful regardless doesn't change that. That said, on further review it would be a tad more difficult to know that in advance than I had presumed.

So... apologies for exploding. I'm still not exactly appreciative, but you've already gotten more abuse than was deserved for what was actually said. Mea culpa.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:23 PM
oceanchild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Wrong. Jack Johnson has been playing like a top pairing defenseman here in Columbus. He is worth more than O'Reilly to us. If Colorado doesn't want to give up what it would take to get a top pairing defenseman for him, no dice.
That may be the case and in realitive terms im not going to argue. Its a respectable proposal and doesnt require a temper tantrum.

oceanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanchild View Post
That may be the case and in realitive terms im not going to argue. Its a respectable proposal and doesnt require a temper tantrum.
No. No it is not. Not even marginally so from the Jackets' perspective.

Try figuring it by, say, assuming that you're dealing with the Wild, and you asked for Zach Parise.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
No. No it is not. Not even marginally so from the Jackets' perspective.

Try figuring it by, say, assuming that you're dealing with the Wild, and you asked for Zach Parise.
Normally I might agree since I personally like JJ a lot, but jeez you're underrating O'Reilly and overselling your player, acting like the very type you've yelled at two people for supposedly acting like in this thread.

We get it, JJ is worth more to the BJs than his apparent value. But you're acting like Ryan is an insult to be uttered in Jack's breathe, which is flat out wrong.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:14 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Normally I might agree since I personally like JJ a lot, but jeez you're underrating O'Reilly and overselling your player, acting like the very type you've yelled at two people for supposedly acting like in this thread.

We get it, JJ is worth more to the BJs than his apparent value. But you're acting like Ryan is an insult to be uttered in Jack's breathe, which is flat out wrong.
So basically acting like an Avs fan in an O'Reilly/Duchene/Stastny thread? Got it.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:

I think of it this way: I wouldn't want to trade JMFJ for Jordan Staal; it recreates a serious hole we'd just filled to add a player that's nice and fits well and is an upgrade but is not what we truly need and who we'd need an upgrade on afterwards anyways. I think of ROR as hoping to be the next Jordan Staal, but by no means guaranteed or even overwhelmingly likely to reach that level.

Now throw in the fact that JMFJ's still presently at folk-hero-who's-actually-doing-his-job-right status (thus my mentioning Parise), AND the fact that ROR is in fact holding out (I don't care about the details or the justifications; we've been there and done that too; it's a holdout), and it becomes nuts to even discuss the idea.

If we were talking player value in a vacuum ("Jim Jameson for Rick O'Rolley" ), you'd have a point. But we're not.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

If we were talking player value in a vacuum ("Jim Jameson for Rick O'Rolley" ), you'd have a point. But we're not.

for

then?

Old
02-02-2013, 01:31 AM
punk_o_holic

Another thing to add to the Johnson/O'Reilly thing is Johnson likes it in Columbus and the minute he got traded, he's been saying the right things. Lets say we trade him for O'Reilly, who's to say O'Reilly is willing to sign in Columbus. Maybe he acts like Carter and forces Columbus to trade him(either the minute his rights is traded to Columbus or at the deadline, after he gets his money from Columbus). I think they won't beable to get a player like Johnson(Or O'Reilly's calibre) in return if it's known that O'Reilly wanted out of Columbus. Maybe O'Reilly pulls a Johnson and also says the right things but at this point, I personally don't want to take the chance to find out.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:40 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Sign and trade type deal. O'Reilly's priority is to play on the top 2 lines. Anisimov, Dubinsky and Johnson all seem to be doing well in Columbus.

Colorado receives:
Ryan Johansen
Tim Erixon

Columbus receives:
Ryan O'Reilly with an agreed upon contract
for example: 5 years 22M (4.4 cap hit, burns 1 UFA year)

2nd round draft pick (5 picks in a loaded top 60)
Columbus says thanks for the offer, but no thank you. Have a nice winter.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:42 AM
cgf

There's avs fans that would trade Factor for JJ? The ****?

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Johansen hasn't proven much so far, his value does drop each year the same as PRV from EDM. PRV pretty well now is worth nothing and in two season unless Johansen has a good year will be the same. CBJ did not develop this kid properly.
I realize you haven't watched the CBJ after reading this. I get it, we suck and Johansen has negative points right now but if you watch the games you see a player that is like night and day vs last year. The CBJ offense is anemic on a good day. There won't be a player with 30 pts on this team but watch the play, not the stats, and you'll see a different Ryan Johansen and realize his value is not dropping in the least.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Was thinking the exact same thing.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:58 AM
cslebn

Just want to be sure I get this right before I go adding to the mess that has occurred here.

The avs are looking for a young 2/3 d man and a 3 C to play shutdown in return for ROR?

You claim to have two d men with offensive upside in your system already (Elliot and Barrie) so you are less keen on taking a prospect. You have mentioned nothing about your own center depth but I remember last year while ROR was hot it seemed to be all trade stastny or duchene (or convert md to wing). The only reason these ROR threads are here are because he refused to sign. I would think really you guys would still want him but he has the avs in a good bargaining position. Likely the set of the league knows this so he won't get 2C value. Is this reasonable?

Guys that play shutdown on cbj:
mark letestu
Derek Mackenzie
Brandon dubinsky
Artem anisimov

2/3 d men
Wiz
JJ (played as a 2d in lak and 1d here not likely to trade)
Tyutin
Nik6

You also have two really good d with offensive stats in minors
David savard (decent NHL exp last year)
Tim Erixon

So what are you guys really thinking? I'd say brassard has shown he can play wing but that's not what you asked for. Would you be interested in wiz?

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I realize you haven't watched the CBJ after reading this. I get it, we suck and Johansen has negative points right now but if you watch the games you see a player that is like night and day vs last year. The CBJ offense is anemic on a good day. There won't be a player with 30 pts on this team but watch the play, not the stats, and you'll see a different Ryan Johansen and realize his value is not dropping in the least.
+1, I'll take it a step further and predict Johansen is hands down the best Blue Jacket by the end of the year.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Was thinking the exact same thing.
You'd need to watch him more in Columbus, I'm impressed by his adaptation to the new role on the top pairing. Granted I'd still want a PK guy back in the deal with JJ, but it's a lot less lopsided than anyone in this thread has been acting like.

Good news for everyone I guess is it won't happen anyways.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:59 PM
cgf

Quote:
You'd need to watch him more in Columbus, I'm impressed by his adaptation to the new role on the top pairing. Granted I'd still want a PK guy back in the deal with JJ, but it's a lot less lopsided than anyone in this thread has been acting like.

Good news for everyone I guess is it won't happen anyways.
Oh he's drastically better than he ever looked in LA. But I'm not to hot on partnering him with EJ long term cause Erik would have to still be the cleaner upper on that pairing, and I want us to get him someone who'll free him up the way Suter freed up Weber to fly around the ice and impose his will. So I really don't like the idea of giving up Factor to make that happen.

I still think the avs and Ryan will come to a long term deal that ensures Radar will still be put in a position to score points, and love the idea of keeping our centers. If management ends up trading him in the summer to teach the other kids a lesson, I won't be for it, unless it brings back someone who could really bring the best out of EJ and turn that pairing into a dominant one.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Nihiliste

Bizarre thread full of overreactions and undervaluing of each others players.

Clearly there isn't a middle ground to find between these fanbases on this issue and that's fine. I personally wouldn't want to move O'reilly for any of the proposed (realistic) deals and some of the others are dreaming (on both sides). No harm no foul, I'd much rather we re-sign him than anything if not we'll wait for the right deal.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote