Early season Krejci appreciation

Old
02-01-2013, 04:11 AM
westernhome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
He and Marchand are playing great.
agree totally, it seems like even when the whole team is sucking, somehow Marchand and Krejci still bring the effort

Krejci looked like Wayne Gretzky behind the net tonight for a stretch, had the whole sabre team confused not sure what to do

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:01 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Oh oh,Krejci got a maintenance day yesterday which in the past has coincided with some of his slumps.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
TCL40

I hope Krejci doesn't hit a slump. His is the only line fireing right now.

Krejci has been a beast these first few games.

He needs to stay in that mode at least through the division games.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Y'know what gets me about the constant "trade Krejci" threads is that you'd think, after watching the Bruins go down in flames when they lost him in the playoffs, then watching them win the Cup with Krejci as the leading scorer, that people would finally realize how much he means to this team.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:47 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Best player on the ice tonight.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Andrew83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Y'know what gets me about the constant "trade Krejci" threads is that you'd think, after watching the Bruins go down in flames when they lost him in the playoffs, then watching them win the Cup with Krejci as the leading scorer, that people would finally realize how much he means to this team.
This!

Andrew83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:14 PM
BruinsBtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Best player on the ice tonight.
Came to post this.

He took the puck away from the Leafs at least 10 times.

BruinsBtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:46 PM
TCL40

I think Krejci is far better than a lot of Bruins fans give him credit for. The man has magic hands, and is really good at mesmerizing the defense into puck watching. He is patient, although I think his patience is sometimes his biggest weakness (he holds the puck too long and somebody reads the pass or pokes it away).

I love it when he sets up in Gretzky's office though-he does pretty well from there.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:53 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
guy has been fantastic

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Colt.45Orr

Without some really nice Reimer saves tonight, Krejci walks out of the building tonight with 3 primary assists.

I'd be hard-pressed to think of a Bruins game so far this year where he hasn't been the best skater for us.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
blazenlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsBtn View Post
Came to post this.

He took the puck away from the Leafs at least 10 times.
Agreed! Love him on this team and think he's under appreciated.

The ONLY thing I don't like about him is that I look at his size and the way he plays and find myself screaming "WTF Seguin!" stop being a puss!" (BTW, i'm not a Segs hater by any means...)

blazenlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

As much as I hated Krejci's play during the last season ... I just love what he brings to the table in this season. Guy has been a beast so far.

Does anyone get why the LKH-line gets matched against the opponents' top lines? I don't like that. MBS-line steamrolled those top lines when we were literally unstoppable in November/December last season.
Doesn't make much sense to me to be honest.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Well, he started doing that during the last season if I'm not mistaken.
At first I thought the other coache's were adapting to the way how the Bergy-line handle those top-line (nice understatement, right?). I doubt Claude will change this and I don't really get why.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

I lost count of how many turnovers Kretch caused last night and this seems to always get overlooked. He steals the puck at least five times per game!

As Jack said last night, "everything Kretch does has a purpose". I can't imagine trading this guy.

Quaider* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:39 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
I lost count of how many turnovers Kretch caused last night and this seems to always get overlooked. He steals the puck at least five times per game!

As Jack said last night, "everything Kretch does has a purpose". I can't imagine trading this guy.
I could and did many times last year, didn`t like his inconsistent play at all. Didn`t see the tilt vs Leafs last night but he`s played with that hustle that I saw during the Cup run which put me in the mindset of him being able to bring "it" far more consistently, and when he didn`t, and often for long stretches (not just pts), it irked me, love this start so far, and I`m going to try and give him the respect I give others during the season that you just can`t be on the A game every night

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 06:46 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I could and did many times last year, didn`t like his inconsistent play at all. Didn`t see the tilt vs Leafs last night but he`s played with that hustle that I saw during the Cup run which put me in the mindset of him being able to bring "it" far more consistently, and when he didn`t, and often for long stretches (not just pts), it irked me, love this start so far, and I`m going to try and give him the respect I give others during the season that you just can`t be on the A game every night
Like I said many times,nearly all of his down periods have coincided with rehabs or nagging injuries regardless what he says about his own attitudes. A healthy Krejci is a productive PPG player.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:31 AM
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
guy has been fantastic
Yip, I agree.

MAINE-IAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:19 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Does anyone get why the LKH-line gets matched against the opponents' top lines?
Not sure-maybe because Julien likes the way the line was playing defensively. Lucic and Horton (when Horton was playing) are pretty big, good on the boards, and willing to make and take hits.

Also, a lot of top lines aren't as strong defensively-so Krejci, Lucic and Horton can take advantage.

I noticed when other teams had the last change last season they would often put the checking line against Bergeron's-probably to shut down Seguin and Marchand who were both lighting the lamp a lot.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:24 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
As much as I hated Krejci's play during the last season ... I just love what he brings to the table in this season. Guy has been a beast so far.

Does anyone get why the LKH-line gets matched against the opponents' top lines? I don't like that. MBS-line steamrolled those top lines when we were literally unstoppable in November/December last season.
Doesn't make much sense to me to be honest.
Maybe Julien is trying to take some defensive pressure off of the Bergeron line in a hope to get them producing offensively? Take some off their plate and hopefully they can focus on offense some more and contribute more.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:00 AM
BergyWho37

The whole off season I've been preaching what Krech brings to this team ... Soooo glad he's sticking to the fans that bashed him ... Not to mention all these people saying WE need too add IF we traded Krech for Yandle or Ryan

keep it up krech

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 11:10 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
They did pretty good wo DK the first 10 minutes of game 7 though.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Watching the leaf game with my father was annoying especially when he asked

what has Krejci done....

Now he always will say about Boston teams he has been watching them before I have been born. But I don't that means he even checks stats or anything.

I had to point out that Krecji is the teams point leader

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Watching the leaf game with my father was annoying especially when he asked

what has Krejci done....

Now he always will say about Boston teams he has been watching them before I have been born. But I don't that means he even checks stats or anything.

I had to point out that Krecji is the teams point leader
Did he mean in that game, this season, or historically against Toronto? Because he played great, despite not scoring, and he usually kills the Leafs.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I don't know what he meant but whenever I watch Patriots or Bruins with him and he makes an miss informed comment about a player and I correct him he says he has been watching said team before I was born

Krejci almost got a goal like he did against Buff yesterday

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Stop making sense.

It's the Unicorn. People here have this fascination with the "puck moving defenseman" (who I call a Unicorn) and they think the only way to trade for one is by giving up a high end player. The only place we have depth is at center.

Lost in that is what trading Krejci would do to our top 6 forwards. It would destroy what this team is and how they win.....depth.

He is not going anywhere. He has a long term deal. Thankfully, Chiarelli does not feel the need for the Unicorn as much as the people on this board.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote