Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

La Liga 2012-13 II

Old
02-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Evilo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
Will Pogba and Varane make the jump to the senior squad soon?
Varane has already made it previously (he didn't play) and made the list again yesterday.
Pogba is more of a problem because Deschamps loves the midfielders he has (Matuidi, Sissoko, etc...) but at some point, he'll have to select him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Nasri can't play wide?
He can but I think the vast majority of french people don't want to see him play with the NT, as talented as he is.

Evilo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:12 AM
les Habs

Well the match wasn't the end of the World, but definitely the result that could have been. Madrid had their chances, but we should have put them down. Of course the refs being **** doesn't help, but we have to take profit from our chances.

First half it took our usual ten minutes or so to settle in. I thought we did well for a while then, but they turned up the game a notch for the last 10-15 minutes of the half. Second half we definitely looked better. Iniesta came into the game, and as someone mentioned it seems to be a second half thing. We had some good chances, Cesc, Pedro and Alba, but we couldn't put it to bed. They had some good chances as well though.

As for the rest of it, typical Madrid push, kick and stamp show. How Essien wasn't red carded I'll never know. Ditto for Alonso. Alonso is a dirty **** and full credit to Messi for ignoring his extended hand. Of course I can't forget that piece of **** Arbeloa. Of course only Alves should get a yellow for that sort of play though. I don't know what the final fouls tally was, but in the 65th minute it was 15 fouls to 1 favoring Madrid and yet somehow Barça finished with 3 yellow cards. And don't forget what happened last time 'round in second leg at the Camp Nou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Seems legit.

Anyway, I thought it was a good game. Antics were down to a minimum which is always a good thing. Iniesta was on another level today and has been the best player this season, Varane as everyone said was great and probably the best Madrid player.

Alves was great for barca as well. Xavi and messi not so much.
I guess that depends on what you mean by antics.

No way Iniesta has been the best player this season. Messi all the way. Iniesta second for sure though.

Definitely agree with Alves. So many key interceptions. Xavi wasn't great, but he did have that great ball to Alba at the end, which Alba did well with despite not scoring. As for Messi, maybe not great, but without him it's no goal for Cesc. He hustled to be Alonso to the ball. Then he would have had a clean breakaway were it not for the linesman. And later he had a nice run which was somewhat interrupted by Carvalho's handball. Get him more of the ball and you'll see more, but he just didn't see enough of the ball for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
There's no evidence to support Messi had a bust up with Arbeloa. Punta Peltoa is primo example of the Spains classy journalism.

Anyhow, both teams could have scored more goals. Ronaldo could have scored 2 himself and Xavi and Pedro both missed 2 as well. Fair result I suppose. Not a fan of Xabi & Arbeloa love tapping Messi in the face.

Varane had a great game indeed, if he's the future of France/Real Madrid, then the future is real bright.
And that was the least of it from those two.

Yeah, Varane had an excellent match. World class defending. Definitely looks one for the future, if not right now. Looks as though there is much more to him than that too. One of the few Madrid players I wouldn't mind seeing them lose, and there aren't many.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Evilo

Keep in mind some refs would have called Alves for a handball and a penalty in the first half (around 35-40th minute?).
So yeah some fouls were arguable, but overall, some refs could have screwed Barca much more than that.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Varane has already made it previously (he didn't play) and made the list again yesterday.
Pogba is more of a problem because Deschamps loves the midfielders he has (Matuidi, Sissoko, etc...) but at some point, he'll have to select him.
Who do you think Pogba most naturally replaces in the Franch team of the past more accurately ? Viera?

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Evilo

Possibly yeah. We don't have many box to box players like that. He's comparable to Essien with a bit less physical impact but more technique.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

I'm not sure how they could leave him out with how awesome he's been for Juve. Paul Pogba will become a legend for sure.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Keep in mind some refs would have called Alves for a handball and a penalty in the first half (around 35-40th minute?).
So yeah some fouls were arguable, but overall, some refs could have screwed Barca much more than that.
Yeah, some really bad refs seeing as how Alves got the ball with his foot first and it only touched his as he fell backwards. No sane ref would ever call that and it wasn't as bad as Carvalho's.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I'm not sure how they could leave him out with how awesome he's been for Juve. Paul Pogba will become a legend for sure.
People really throw around that word a little to easily.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

Why did Pogba leave United? Was it his decision or United let him walk? This might be getting a little off topic lol

Old
02-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
People really throw around that word a little to easily.
I'm not saying he'll be another Messi/Ronaldo, but he's clearly got everything to become an absolute dynamite player. If he doesn't have the tools to, then who does? That's all I'm getting at.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:05 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Madrid's classy journos keep promoting the fact that Messi was naughty after the game... Ridiculous. I gues they stopped writing about Mourinho because they already know he's out in June.

I really love Barcelona's playing style and most of their players, but everything about the two headed monster known as La Liga pisses me the **** off.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:31 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Madrid's classy journos keep promoting the fact that Messi was naughty after the game... Ridiculous. I gues they stopped writing about Mourinho because they already know he's out in June.

I really love Barcelona's playing style and most of their players, but everything about the two headed monster known as La Liga pisses me the **** off.
I miss the days when Depor and Valencia could beat Madrid and Barca any given game and the it was so much more exciting, even a couple of years back when Villareal was good too and of course Sevilla

Old
02-02-2013, 03:00 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
I miss the days when Depor and Valencia could beat Madrid and Barca any given game and the it was so much more exciting, even a couple of years back when Villareal was good too and of course Sevilla
I agree

I dont care if Real Madrid wins the title or not (ok I care a little), but this league needs to be more competitive

Depor (Bebeto !!!) and Valencia were scary good

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:03 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

I'm done with this season can't take it anymore Depor should be in 3rd division : ( **** this

Old
02-02-2013, 03:06 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Im still gonna watch Barca-Valencia tomorrow because of Feghouli

Old
02-02-2013, 04:27 PM
gary69

FYI Ronaldo, o.g's don't count if you're trying to catch up with Messi in the scoring charts.

gary69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

rofl CR7 stat padding at all cost

Old
02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Granada 1:0 Real Madrid

Madrid have now lost 5 games in La Liga most since the 08/09 season

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:47 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Actually I believe some at Marca have come out against it. I also heard someone from Onda Cero said it didn't even happen. On the flip side, it sounds like Alba confirms some of it.

Personally if it happened Messi shouldn't have said something unless Arbeloa or Karanka said something first. Messi has a case against Arbeloa, but he should have settled that on the pitch. Of course then he'd get punished while Arbeloa would get nothing. Still would love to see him smack Arbeloa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary69 View Post
FYI Ronaldo, o.g's don't count if you're trying to catch up with Messi in the scoring charts.
Well with Marca's pichichi track record don't be surprised it does count there.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:30 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Granada won with 0 shot on goal.

Mou's defensive system DOES work.

But cant stop CR7

On a side note: Ronaldo has now scored against every La Liga team - let's see Messi do that!

Last edited by McSorleyStick: 02-03-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old
02-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Well with Marca's pichichi track record don't be surprised it does count there.
Yeah, exactly

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Last time Madrid finished outside the top two was 2003-2004.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:02 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Feghouli not in the lineup vs Barca, because of an injury

****ing African Cup of Nations

Old
02-03-2013, 02:02 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Barcelona look tired as hell. I don't think Valencia score that goal if Puyol is back there.

Anyhow, I think Valencia wins this in the last minutes. Barcelona don't look into this one at all.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Well the game ended 1-1. What a snooze fest it was, I almost turned it off. Pique was horrible, his poor clearance gifted them thte first goal and got beat hard in the late stages but VV bailed him out, with an incredible double save.

Canales returning was great to see tho. When did he come back from injury? He almost scored too but Valdes made a great save on him as well.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote