HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Franchise Hockey Manager 2014

Old
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Scouter

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Reputation, the Leafs will be a more renowned franchise then say the Panthers. I'm not sure about OOTP but thats how it worked in EHM.
Yes, but even so as I said, players in EHM did not always sign for the biggest contract or the best team.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Scouter

vCash: 210
A feature I would like to add would be NHL teams drafting styles/tendencies.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:22 AM
Jerkini

vCash: 500
I just found out about this game today. I hope the early 2013 release date is accurate because I already can't wait to play it.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Looks like release date info is coming sooner than later

"I can tell everyone that we are finalizing the details of an announcement that will happen within the next few days. We appreciate everyone's patience, and we understand the frustration some feel about the lack of regular updates. The announcement we'll be posting will clear everything up. Thanks."

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
HockeyHippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post

"I can tell everyone that we are finalizing the details of an announcement that will happen within the next few days. We appreciate everyone's patience, and we understand the frustration some feel about the lack of regular updates. The announcement we'll be posting will clear everything up. Thanks."
Excellent! Thanks.

HockeyHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 11:59 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

That's awesome. I hope it releases sometime around March.

02-01-2013, 12:03 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:

Great ! Hope along with announcement day comes few screenshoots as well !

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:44 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:

KEY post, thanks!

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ring-beta.html

Quote:
After careful consideration of the current state of the game, the resources we have available, and the demands of OOTP's release schedule, we've decided that the first version of Franchise Hockey Manager will not be released until September 3. While we're happy with the way the game is shaping up, it's clear that pushing a 1.0 version out the door now, before it's ready, would be a disservice to our customers and could do a lot of long-term harm to what we think is going to be a great game. So we're going to take the time to do it right. And yes, that is a firm date this time - not "sometime in September," not "during the third quarter." Tuesday, September 3, 2013.

However, if you're really anxious to play, you won't have to wait that long to get your hands on the game. Since we realize that many people have been patiently waiting for a long time and were expecting a release this winter, we're going to begin accepting pre-orders much earlier than we normally would - March 4, to be precise. And anyone pre-ordering will get access to the Beta version of the game at that time. The pre-order price will be $29.99, $10 off the full price of $39.99. For that, you'll get the release version of the game in September, as well as all the Beta versions between March and the release.

Now, just to be very clear about what kind of a game you'll be getting in March if you choose to pre-order, I emphasize the word Beta. There will be bugs. There will be missing features. The database will not be as polished as it will be in September, and may be missing some playable leagues at the start. Your saved games will become obsolete as newer versions of the Beta are released. In short, all the annoying things you'd normally expect to see in a pre-release game.

02-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
September is ages away

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Here are the screenshots they released

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Not the news I wanted to hear, but the news I was expecting.

At least we'll get the beta to play over the summer, but oof. Going from what was supposed to be December/January to September is rough.

Still, at least we can count on the game full when it does come out. It takes a couple versions for games like this to really be fleshed out and this is effectively bypassing the feature-lacking 1st version and skipping right ahead to #2. Also solves the release calender issue they'd be facing.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 07:52 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Will in teams history be a record of won divisions ? That was missing in EHM...only SC and Conferences

p.s. september is long way to go, but EHM + beta of FHM will make waiting easier

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:36 AM
n00bxQb

Awww man

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Guess I'll buy the pre-order version and mess around with beta while waiting.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:18 AM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

September is far away, but I would rather have a game come out without the bugs that You have to deal with ( EA NHL Series).

ted1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Carlzner

Both GTA5 and this pushed back to September... ****, that sucks.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Beta is fine with me! That gives me all Summer to work with GMs and build up a sim league based on the software, have some test seasons/trials, etc. Then start the real thing when they release 1.0

That's actually perfect in my opinion, so long as there are actually instructions on how to start this thing. I want to build a GM connected league of sorts, buying a domain if needed and hosting a forum on it. 16 - team league with a 16 - team AHL.

If someone can give me more details on this dream of mine and how practical it is with OOTP in its current state, I'd love to hear about it and/or collaborate with anyone else wishing to play a league like this. I've already got people interested we just have to actually make the dream a reality.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:26 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
That's actually perfect in my opinion, so long as there are actually instructions on how to start this thing. I want to build a GM connected league of sorts, buying a domain if needed and hosting a forum on it. 16 - team league with a 16 - team AHL.

If someone can give me more details on this dream of mine and how practical it is with OOTP in its current state, I'd love to hear about it and/or collaborate with anyone else wishing to play a league like this. I've already got people interested we just have to actually make the dream a reality.
Shouldn't be an issue. I played OOTP pretty extensively in their pre-SI games days and leagues of custom sizes are actually very easily manageable with OOTP. Pretty sure that's the case with their current builds of OOTP as well since they're indie again. I wouldn't imagine it being any different here.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:55 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
As a programmer, don't hate on this! At least they're giving you what there is now if you want it. It will likely be worth the late. I'd rather see a great product delayed than something half-ass pushed out.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Shouldn't be an issue. I played OOTP pretty extensively in their pre-SI games days and leagues of custom sizes are actually very easily manageable with OOTP. Pretty sure that's the case with their current builds of OOTP as well since they're indie again. I wouldn't imagine it being any different here.
Awesome, looks like I'll be investing in this fairly soon then.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

so this game comes out in Sept? Anything else floating around till then?

Last night I got addicted to NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 and I don't have a license and heard you can't even purchase them anymore.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:08 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

oh well, looks like its back to EHM for me. Just started a new save file anyways

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:25 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
so this game comes out in Sept? Anything else floating around till then?

Last night I got addicted to NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 and I don't have a license and heard you can't even purchase them anymore.
A month from now you could purchase and buy this but it's a beta version so bugs will be expected and fixed as we go on until a September release date which should be a polished product.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
oh well, looks like its back to EHM for me. Just started a new save file anyways
I am playing that as well my first game went 90% in my OHL season then was told I need a license

Now starting an NHL season that will say the same thing when I get to a certain point

I am on the hunt for a license.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote