Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/trade/etc discussion part IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 11:14 AM
QnebO

vCash: 500
I say let Vatanen play game by game, if he keeps doing good, maybe then start to talk about a trade, not yet.. And some D will always be injured, it doesn't hurt to have seven good D.. Just play maybe allen or someone as a 7th D in the games with minium minutes, when everyone are healthy? And use him in fights. he's a big boy

Old
02-02-2013, 11:17 AM
NEWFowler
hi

Do you guys feel confident putting Vatanen out there against Kopitar? Or Carter? or Clifford even? I'm on the fence. I love the kid but I'm not so sure he should be put against the defending cup champs right yet.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Most people here just can't wait to see the next best thing and are anxious to play anybody drafted high. Let's not be rushing everybody. Patience is a virtue.
Yes, they can't wait, but I think it's a bit simplistic to paint our current situation as that. I'm beginning to feel that people are grasping at straws when our coach contravenes certain opinions around here. Sure, there are one or two people here that say ridiculous crap, like 'Fowler needs to watch out for Vatanen', but you need to separate comments like that from the others.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:21 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
Do you guys feel confident putting Vatanen out there against Kopitar? Or Carter? or Clifford even? I'm on the fence. I love the kid but I'm not so sure he should be put against the defending cup champs right yet.
He has been effective and good in SM-Liiga, AHL, International games..

When is the time to take the next step, if not now? I think it's the right direction for him and great challenge for him now.. You gotta start it one day. They had parise and koivu and heatley against him last game, but they didin't get anything special done, and it wasn't any closer against Vatanen than against anyone else. Minnesota has been playing like **** 5 on 5 but he didin't look any weaker than others.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
Have you watched the Kings, lately?

Old
02-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Have you watched the Kings, lately?
I'll agree with the sentiment behind this, and say that we ought not change our style of play to suit the opponent. Our team is playing very well right now. I'd rather they didn't change philosophies literally overnight.

And to Eddie (I think it was Eddie), you said on the last page basically that the belief that a player is an unprovable opinion. But that's exactly the kind of decision we pay coaches and GMs to make. The argument that its unprovable is meaningless. Unless you're going to argue that BB and Murray are just into something new and shiny?

Old
02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

DSP needs to be sent down asap. He's been a total non-factor with the Ducks...and in my opinion he hasn't even earned his chance this year. I know he's only played two games, but for me Etem looks like a better fit in every conceivable way. A lot faster, better hands, higher work rate and just as good physical.

Bring up Maroon or Holland, or play the 4th line with Rakell on the wing with Bonino and Etem.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Eddie Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I'll agree with the sentiment behind this, and say that we ought not change our style of play to suit the opponent. Our team is playing very well right now. I'd rather they didn't change philosophies literally overnight.

And to Eddie (I think it was Eddie), you said on the last page basically that the belief that a player is an unprovable opinion. But that's exactly the kind of decision we pay coaches and GMs to make. The argument that its unprovable is meaningless. Unless you're going to argue that BB and Murray are just into something new and shiny?
For the moment I'll say that BB is still using the regular season like training camp. While it doesn't thrill me to see this I can't argue with the results so far. He deserves to run the team his way and I can respect that. But if we end up keeping Rakell, Etem, or Vatanen and they end up having a year like DSP had last year then I will say it was an absolute mistake keeping them.

It is BB and BMs decision. BM and RC failed last year with DSP. Let's see how this year goes. Maybe we will end up catching lightning in a bottle.

Old
02-02-2013, 02:57 PM
bumperkisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
He has been effective and good in SM-Liiga, AHL, International games..

When is the time to take the next step, if not now? I think it's the right direction for him and great challenge for him now.. You gotta start it one day. They had parise and koivu and heatley against him last game, but they didin't get anything special done, and it wasn't any closer against Vatanen than against anyone else. Minnesota has been playing like **** 5 on 5 but he didin't look any weaker than others.
Vatanen was most definitely not out there against the wilds top line.
I don't want Vatanen out there against kopitar

Old
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
If Vatanen saw time against the top line of the Wild, it would have been during an offensive zone face-off, or for a very short period of time inbetween line changes. Boudreau put a lot of effort into keeping Vatanen off the ice during D situations.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Corey Perry*

I think it's time to admit that Cogliano has become a very good player for this hockey team. Obviously Winnik and Koivu are the anchors on that line, but Cogliano has been awesome too. That speed works well with Winnik's rugged-ness.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:20 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
I think it's time to admit that Cogliano has become a very good player for this hockey team. Obviously Winnik and Koivu are the anchors on that line, but Cogliano has been awesome too. That speed works well with Winnik's rugged-ness.
Always thought he was good for us for the most part, but it was a lack of role, or being asked to play a role too big for him (2nd line center, 2nd line LW etc)

Old
02-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Always thought he was good for us for the most part, but it was a lack of role, or being asked to play a role too big for him (2nd line center, 2nd line LW etc)
I liked him with Koivu last year, but it was obvious neither should have been on the 2nd line.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:39 AM
Paul4587

He's no longer redundant now that we have a set place and role for him. I'm pretty happy about his play so far this year. Up front I really think we're only a 2C away from being able to do some serious damage in the postseason. Provided Fowler is healthy that is and Boudreau eventually changes the top PP unit to not include Beleskey.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

You have to like having a PP2 that's actually dangerous though.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:39 AM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He's no longer redundant now that we have a set place and role for him. I'm pretty happy about his play so far this year. Up front I really think we're only a 2C away from being able to do some serious damage in the postseason. Provided Fowler is healthy that is and Boudreau eventually changes the top PP unit to not include Beleskey.
Well, with Ryan's play right now, we might not need to find a 2C. (granted, he hasn't been very good in the dot, but hopefully he can get better, because he's works well there)

Old
02-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
You have to like having a PP2 that's actually dangerous though.
True but it's at the expense of the top unit. Beleskey just doesn't belong there.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
With Bonino playing so well on the 4th, I'd really like to see a decision made on Rakell. You just can't have young players not playing.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Exit Dose

I think he has to be sent down at this point. You don't mess with something that works.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:55 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
True but it's at the expense of the top unit. Beleskey just doesn't belong there.
Can't argue that. I'd prefer Winnik. I keep hoping Beleskey takes that next step but.....

Old
02-03-2013, 02:59 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Can't argue that. I'd prefer Winnik. I keep hoping Beleskey takes that next step but.....
I'd like to see Etem get a shot at some point, i know i'm the first or second biggest Etem homer here but his game will fit them like a glove, he's fast and physical. that third line is way to good to breakup IMO

Old
02-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I'd like to see Etem get a shot at some point, i know i'm the first or second biggest Etem homer here but his game will fit them like a glove, he's fast and physical. that third line is way to good to breakup IMO
I was talking power play.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:03 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
I was talking power play.
OH.
well i agree because Winnik has earned a chance at some PP time

Old
02-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
You're the second I'm the first haha long beach baby! 2 assists tonight and counting! Keep Etem in the lineup! And lets do this! Haha

Old
02-03-2013, 03:25 AM
bumperkisser

belesky on the top PP is honestly weird..
put selanne back up there with our wonder twins and give palmieri some PP time.. the guys got a wicked release so he'll do well there

no idea why belesky is on the PP

Closed Thread