Charlie Coyle (sent down on Feb 14)

Old
02-02-2013, 11:52 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
The fact that they called up a RW makes me think that Heater will now be the 2nd line LW.
Coyle has played both LW and RW and can play C as well... so I don't think that means much in and of itself. Though that doesn't mean I couldn't see Heatley go to the 2nd line LW either.

I think Coyle was chosen soley because he adds size and physicality to a lineup that needs size and physicality.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Congrats to Charlie Coyle on his call up for his first game in the #nhl. Good luck bud. #MNWild
http://twitter.com/JDowell18/status/297931085004800000

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I thought it would be Zucker myself, but good for Coyle.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:04 AM
OpRedDawn*

Glad to see Coyle. Whether you like it or not, dude is a HUGE part of our future. Really hope he plays well. Seems like any other team (even those who year after year do better than us) can ask rookies to come in and hold their own. Bout time the Wild do that.

On a different note. I like Yeo, but, darn. It seems like he tries far too hard to just "say the right thing". He should be reaming ***** after that performance. Instead, he's giving guys compliments and such. Seems almost too Richards like. Anywho. Can't wait to see Coyle

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:06 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
Glad to see Coyle. Whether you like it or not, dude is a HUGE part of our future. Really hope he plays well. Seems like any other team (even those who year after year do better than us) can ask rookies to come in and hold their own. Bout time the Wild do that.

On a different note. I like Yeo, but, darn. It seems like he tries far too hard to just "say the right thing". He should be reaming ***** after that performance. Instead, he's giving guys compliments and such. Seems almost too Richards like. Anywho. Can't wait to see Coyle
He doesn't call out players to the media, but he doesn't mince words behind the bench.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I think it's a perfect timing to get Coyle his first game against the Yotes.

I mean, maybe he will hit Torres hard. Who knows...

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:30 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post

Not sure that's how you motivate the team - especially when you're talking to the media.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:49 AM
OpRedDawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Not sure that's how you motivate the team - especially when you're talking to the media.
well, sure doesn't seem like he can motivate them now.....

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Butch-Granlund-Heatley
Clutter-Brodz-Seto
This is the exact lineup I was about to post. Coyle adds muscle and speed to that top line. He is the more athletic version of Heatley on that line and o yea hes a right handed shot. Could really use that in front of the net with Parise and Koivu. As far as him defensively I remember Torch saying he was most advanced of all Aeros at the start of the year as far as an all around pro-style game.

But now that I think about it that second line would have no ability to sustain pressure in the O-zone. Heatley is too slow to win races to pucks. Granlund gets thrown around and so does Butch. I would actually like the second line to look like this:

Bouchard Brodziak Heatley

This line would have some great playmaking and a shooter. Then Brodziak would be the guy going in hard on the forecheck digging the puck out for Butch who wheels and deals around finding Heatley out front for his typical garbage goal.

Then for a third:

Clutter Granlund Setoguchi

This line gives Granlund a bit more muscle and speed to work with. Sure not much of a cycle or puck possession game but he has some shooters to work with. It might just work if hes able to control the puck a bit in the offensive zone to set up one the two for a shot.
And who cares about the 4th. Keep it as is.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:18 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I think Granlund with Clutterbuck and Setoguchi would be even WORSE for Granlund than ever! Put him with the two WORST passers on the team?!!? OUCH! Granlund's the only player you need to defend then!

Old
02-03-2013, 02:16 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I think Granlund with Clutterbuck and Setoguchi would be even WORSE for Granlund than ever! Put him with the two WORST passers on the team?!!? OUCH! Granlund's the only player you need to defend then!
You act like Granlund has been able to hold on to a pass from a teammate for longer than 5 seconds in the offensive zone. I seriously doubt Yeo breaks up Parise and Koivu though. So if the line changes really happen I would say that leaves one spot on that line for either Butch, Granlund, Seto, or Coyle. I put my money on Butch or Coyle to take Heatley's spot.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 02:23 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Yeah I definitely see Heatley possibly moving down to the 2nd line, but Brodziak will stay on the 3rd line and Granlund will stay on the 2nd line. I expect Heatley will play with Granlund and either Setoguchi or Coyle will be on the RW with those two.

If Coyle is on the 2nd line, Setoguchi will be with Brodziak and Cullen on the 3rd and Clutterbuck will be all the way down on the 4th.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:02 AM
centcougar07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
You act like Granlund has been able to hold on to a pass from a teammate for longer than 5 seconds in the offensive zone. I seriously doubt Yeo breaks up Parise and Koivu though. So if the line changes really happen I would say that leaves one spot on that line for either Butch, Granlund, Seto, or Coyle. I put my money on Butch or Coyle to take Heatley's spot.
You bring up Coyle over Zucker for one reason..... 6'2" 222lbs. If the top line get broken up it will be Coyle taking Heatley's spot and Heatley will be on the 2nd line. If the top line stays together then if will be Coyle reuniting with Granny on line 2

centcougar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Parise - Koivu - Seto
Heatley - Granlund - Coyle
Butch - Brodz - Clutter
Kassian - Konopka - Mitchell

Move Seto up to the first line to try to get him going and move Heater down to the second line to have two big bodies protect Granlund. Koivu and Parise have looked so good together I don't know how you break them up. And for god's sake give Kassian a game already. I'd love to see him **** up Torres.

Or if Yeo really is gonna put Coyle on the first line then I go in a different direction with the top two lines.

Heatley - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Granlund - Seto

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:44 AM
State of Hockey

I wouldn't be too happy if I were Zucker.

I hate call-ups not based on merit. I don't care if Coyle is x height and x weight. Zucker has significantly outplayed him, and he brings attributes (speed) that is needed more than size anyway.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:47 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Maybe Zucker will pull a Palmieri.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 03:55 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Brodziak - Coyle
Granlund - Konopka - Setoguchi
Clutterbuck - Powe - Mitchell

Granlund needs to move to wing if we want to salvage anything this year.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:23 AM
hirawl
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Parise - Koivu - Seto
Heatley - Granlund - Coyle
Butch - Brodz - Clutter
Kassian - Konopka - Mitchell

Move Seto up to the first line to try to get him going and move Heater down to the second line to have two big bodies protect Granlund. Koivu and Parise have looked so good together I don't know how you break them up. And for god's sake give Kassian a game already. I'd love to see him **** up Torres.

Or if Yeo really is gonna put Coyle on the first line then I go in a different direction with the top two lines.

Heatley - Koivu - Coyle
Parise - Granlund - Seto
Agree on both choices. I would definitely go with the first one. Gives Seto the chance to shake that monkey and would hopefully spark up Heater as well. He's been work... umm... coasting his ass off.

hirawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Teddy10Beers

Parise - Koivu - Heater
PMB - Brodz - Coyle
Granlund - Mitchell - Seto
Powe - Konopka - Clutter

Can't see Yeo breaking up the first line this early (they played okay against Chicago but stunk against the Ducks along with everyone else). Just seems too early to try and "fix" the first line when they've accounted for so much of our offense so far.

I expect Coyle on the 2nd line. Would be surprised if Yeo were to insert Coyle on the first line directly from Huston. What has he done to earn that and what would be the reaction from the vets?

Mitchell has played center with the Sharks. He's one of the faster skaters on our roster and good defensively. Take some pressure off Granlund and move him to wing.

Clutter gets jobbed but ... someone is going to be the odd man out.

Teddy10Beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 05:59 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

^Cullen is expected to play, so either Powe or Mitchell will likely be sitting.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:45 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
^Cullen is expected to play, so either Powe or Mitchell will likely be sitting.
Darnnit, I was hoping he would be out for another "maintenance" day, which when I hear, always brings visions of a trade. I certainly hope they put him on a lower line. Its ridiculous of coaches to put someone who is coming back from injury and/or is sore, back on his prior line till he is close to 100%. But that seems to be the old school way of doing things. I am glad he broke the drought the other day, but that is just one game.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 09:56 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
neither powe nor mitchell deserve to sit.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:13 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
neither powe nor mitchell deserve to sit.
With Cullen and Coyle both in the lineup, someone has to, and they are the most likely culprits. Cal won't be sitting, nor Konopka.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:18 AM
THEALLKNOWING*

Quote:
With Cullen and Coyle both in the lineup, someone has to, and they are the most likely culprits. Cal won't be sitting, nor Konopka.
I liked Powe's games at times last year for what he was asked to do, but I would prefer Mitchell at this point.

THEALLKNOWING* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
was coyle called up to play or as insurance for Cullen's recovery?

edit: i know what russo said.

Last edited by rynryn: 02-03-2013 at 10:37 AM.
rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote