HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 2-on-1: Which fast-starting surprise team can keep it up?

Old
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
xECK29x

vCash: 500
NHL 2-on-1: Which fast-starting surprise team can keep it up?

This is 2-on-1, a weekly feature from Eye on Hockey in which Adam Gretz and Brian Stubits debate a topic in the NHL.

The New York Islanders and Montreal Canadiens are just two of the teams off to what many would call surprisingly good starts (we would also accept the Ducks, Devils, Jets and Oilers). Which team has the best chance of maintaining that success this season?

STUBITS: What gets me about the Islanders is that they are actually fun to watch right now. A lot of fun. For years they have been boring, if we're being truthful, with low-scoring games that had little in the way of great play-making. It doesn't really matter, but if you're going to lose a lot wouldn't you rather lose in exciting games? Well, right now, the Islanders are getting those exciting games, and they're winning.

I do feel like I'm taking crazy pills by the bottle for saying this, but this will be the year the Islanders finally make the playoffs. Remember, this team has finished OK in recent seasons; it's been the starts that have doomed them.

More here: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...can-keep-it-up

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Nolanitis

The pundits are jumping on the bandwagon at an alarming pace. They have to keep treating the Isles like red headed step children. It is part of the players makeup!

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Axe Man
Brooklyn Bound

I sure hope the Islanders can keep playing well. They have a little bit more scoring depth this year which does make them more exciting to watch. It's still too soon to say they are going to make the playoffs but I like what I've seen so far.

Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

I love the depth we have at forward.. This is the best 4 lines we've had in a long time.. It will be even better when Bailey gets back... If/when Visnovsky gets here and blends in well, this could be one heck of an exciting season....

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 08:13 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Cherry gave JT and Goalson the credit for the Isles' success on Coach's Corner tonight. I could hear the groans from across Canada.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 09:33 PM
SI90

Winning will get us respect...This is the best way to attract better players...

SI90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 10:00 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Cherry gave JT and Goalson the credit for the Isles' success on Coach's Corner tonight. I could hear the groans from across Canada.
Was going to post this as well, he never speaks about the Isles!

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 12:05 AM
A Pointed Stick
This Is Fine

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
Don is watching highlight reels because this is partially incorrect. He missed Grabner & Nielsen who have both outplayed Moulson.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 01:26 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
Don is watching highlight reels because this is partially incorrect. He missed Grabner & Nielsen who have both outplayed Moulson.
Come on it's don Cherry, both Moulson and Tavares are "good Canadian boys", hell even better "Good Canadian boys from the Toronto Area"

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 07:58 AM
IslandersFan17

I honestly feel, if the Islanders show their metal in these next three upcoming games, the media circus around the Islanders will flair up big time. All the same media hat ragged on us for years will be signing our praises.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote