HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around The NHL (Part XLI)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2013, 12:03 AM
  #751
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yep

But in end ,, Emery deserved win
At least you guys have an excuse as you were coming off of a game the night before against your arch-rivals that went the distance. That's how the Rangers look consistently with or without rest.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:04 AM
  #752
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 94,786
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
At least you guys have an excuse as you were coming off of a game the night before against your arch-rivals that went the distance. That's how the Rangers look consistently with or without rest.
No excuse for how Hawks not named Emery played tonight

Should all face bagskate outside of Emery/Crawford who have stolen a few games on this road trip

Still its always great to start a year 5-0-2 on road ,, Doesn't matter how you win it just do it

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:05 AM
  #753
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,273
vCash: 500
Erskine's hit on Simmonds that got him 3 games, from our own Loffen:


__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
  #754
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,443
vCash: 500
Ryan Murray has a chance to become a franchise defenseman. Columbus has some really good D prospects, but none that can be franchise players. They got unlucky with Murray losing a whole year of development to injury. I can see why they picked him. Build from the net out (even though their goalie situation is bad.)

However, Gally would have worked really well for them. Habs already have Price and Subban. Now they add Gally. The also have MaxPac. That's a very solid core. In the end, I think both teams will be happy with who they drafted.

I wonder how Columbus is going to get that big time forward though. Maybe they swap a good D prospect for an equal forward prospect.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:11 AM
  #755
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
No excuse for how Hawks not named Emery played tonight

Should all face bagskate outside of Emery/Crawford who have stolen a few games on this road trip

Still its always great to start a year 5-0-2 on road ,, Doesn't matter how you win it just do it
They looked awful, but like I said, they had a big game the night before and have had a very tough road schedule to start the season. So much traveling.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:13 AM
  #756
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,309
vCash: 50
Nashville's powerplay keeps having the defenseman that's not Weber shoot. Not sure what the strategy there is

__________________
Kreider is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:19 AM
  #757
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
Sharks finally lose

charlie460 is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:22 AM
  #758
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Ryan Murray has a chance to become a franchise defenseman. Columbus has some really good D prospects, but none that can be franchise players. They got unlucky with Murray losing a whole year of development to injury. I can see why they picked him. Build from the net out (even though their goalie situation is bad.)

However, Gally would have worked really well for them. Habs already have Price and Subban. Now they add Gally. The also have MaxPac. That's a very solid core. In the end, I think both teams will be happy with who they drafted.

I wonder how Columbus is going to get that big time forward though. Maybe they swap a good D prospect for an equal forward prospect.
I'm not so sure about franchise potential. Most scouting reports I've seen rank him as a safe bet to be a Dan Hamhuis. No disrespect to Dan Hamhuis, who is the best defender on one of the deepest blue lines in the league, but that is not a guy I target with the 2nd overall pick ahead of a guy as talented as Galchenyuk.

I just see nothing flashy in his game. He hasn't been a big point producer at any level of hockey yet besides the Saskatoon Ball Hockey League while Gally has been raised in hockey roots and is hyped as the next big thing in USA hockey.

There were two defenseman that have improved leaps and bounds this past year from that draft and they're Rielly and Trouba. I think either three can be the best d-men in the draft. (along with Murray)

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:36 AM
  #759
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Isn't he signed through next season at 4M per?
2 more years...ducks gave him a 3 year, $11 mil contract

CM PUNK is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:04 AM
  #760
rmcg11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Alex Galchenyuk is PPG playing with Prust and Gallagher. Wow, looks like Columbus made another stupid decision. Imagine Galchenyuk with Anisimov and Dubinsky on his line, the puck protection would shred defenses apart. Ryan Murray on the other hand was producing at a mediocre rate in the WHL and is out for the season, while Gally will win the Calder most likely. Habs made out like bandits and picked a good year to fall in the standings.

gally will be in the running for the calder but most likely win is a stretch. i doubt conacher will be able to keep up his production but tarasenko is also off to a hell of a start

rmcg11 is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 01:44 AM
  #761
Thunderhead
Registered User
 
Thunderhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 4,969
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Erskine's hit on Simmonds that got him 3 games, from our own Loffen:

Simmonds out with concussion. No time table for his return, but I am not going to loose any sleep about it.

Thunderhead is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 05:44 AM
  #762
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Simmonds out with concussion. No time table for his return, but I am not going to loose any sleep about it.
Me neither.

I lost a ton of respect for Simmonds when I saw NJD play Philly about a week ago. They attacked Marty hard to get something going (all fine) but then Simmonds dropped the gloves and started to blindside a NJ forward (it was Josefsson or Gionta) with real haymakers/sucker punches. Could have hurt that player pretty badly....

Ola is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 05:48 AM
  #763
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Subban with a bomb off the post. I wish we had someone who could one-time a puck.
Yeah, but no matter what the talk where -- I doubt we had a chance at getting him.

Subban to MTL is much more to them what Hank is for us, than say what Staal was for us even (from a trade value perspective).

I could have seen them trading him, with giving up a little more, for say a player like Kane or Kopitar or Getzlaf or something like that, but hardly anything we could have put up. And no matter what, even if they wanted to trade him, I doubt they ever could have found a paterner because their demands would have been so high.

Ola is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 05:54 AM
  #764
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 16,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
another highly touted prospect who had a good rookie year. Declined every year since. Missed 19 games last year with a wrist injury though and he is only 23 which is still young for a dman. Could still get back on track.
Truth to be told, I don't think many "experts" can tell the diffrence between a good D in the NHL or someone just playing good hockey -- in the post-lockout NHL.

From my point of view:
1. Almost no D can recover when you can't clutch and grab.
2. Very few can always stay on the right side of things by themselves.
3. On a good team, with a thight game, many D's are not exposed to getting players on the inside.

Hence many seem to equate a player like Tyler M playing in a protected environment his rookie season with Tyler M being this all around great D. In his rookie season -- I saw Myers after the NHL season in the WCH's and he looked god damn awful on the big ice. This was just weeks after many experts talked about him as a Norris candidate lol.

People just need to seperate what is a result from a teams play and what the individual D actually contributes with.

Ola is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 07:21 AM
  #765
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCantYandleThis View Post
I'm still amazed there isn't more talk of Malkin's stick to Staal's face.

I don't care what Staal did beforehand, you can't Tomahawk a guy in the head.
I am not amazed at all.

Go to the main boards. Hilarious thread there where the persistent theme is that Staal slashed Malkin in the head twice before Malkin did anything and that Malkin was scared for his life and that was why he did it. Further he was justified in his actions because Staal was about to kill him (literally).

It really is an amazing study on people only seeing what they want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Truth to be told, I don't think many "experts" can tell the diffrence between a good D in the NHL or someone just playing good hockey -- in the post-lockout NHL.

From my point of view:
1. Almost no D can recover when you can't clutch and grab.
2. Very few can always stay on the right side of things by themselves.
3. On a good team, with a thight game, many D's are not exposed to getting players on the inside.

Hence many seem to equate a player like Tyler M playing in a protected environment his rookie season with Tyler M being this all around great D. In his rookie season -- I saw Myers after the NHL season in the WCH's and he looked god damn awful on the big ice. This was just weeks after many experts talked about him as a Norris candidate lol.

People just need to seperate what is a result from a teams play and what the individual D actually contributes with.
Well that is what the NHL wanted, more offense.
Re: The clutching and grabbing, it is getting ridiculous. That call on Stamkos last night was a perfect example. Stuff is getting called way too much, going to be basketball soon where you can't even touch someone. And I am not talking about big hits, I am talking about 1v1 where if you touch a guy it is called a hold, or if your stick is horizontal anywhere near the body it is called as a hook.

We saw what happened last night when the refs stayed out of the game, sure some calls were missed, and that Stamkos call was super weak but with them letting a lot of the stuff go, the game was so much more exciting and open. No tick tack penalties to slow down momentum. People don't pay to see the refs, (or the linesman tossing people on EVERY faceoff) they pay to see the players, let them freakin play already.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:40 AM
  #766
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,474
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I am not amazed at all.

Go to the main boards. Hilarious thread there where the persistent theme is that Staal slashed Malkin in the head twice before Malkin did anything and that Malkin was scared for his life and that was why he did it. Further he was justified in his actions because Staal was about to kill him (literally).

It really is an amazing study on people only seeing what they want to see.



Well that is what the NHL wanted, more offense.
Re: The clutching and grabbing, it is getting ridiculous. That call on Stamkos last night was a perfect example. Stuff is getting called way too much, going to be basketball soon where you can't even touch someone. And I am not talking about big hits, I am talking about 1v1 where if you touch a guy it is called a hold, or if your stick is horizontal anywhere near the body it is called as a hook.

We saw what happened last night when the refs stayed out of the game, sure some calls were missed, and that Stamkos call was super weak but with them letting a lot of the stuff go, the game was so much more exciting and open. No tick tack penalties to slow down momentum. People don't pay to see the refs, (or the linesman tossing people on EVERY faceoff) they pay to see the players, let them freakin play already.
yeah, good points. totally agree

BBKers is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:45 AM
  #767
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,443
vCash: 500
Capitals suck.

Yay. Green ties it.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:46 AM
  #768
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,309
vCash: 50
Great pass by Wolski...

Kreider is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:52 AM
  #769
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,709
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I am not amazed at all.

Go to the main boards. Hilarious thread there where the persistent theme is that Staal slashed Malkin in the head twice before Malkin did anything and that Malkin was scared for his life and that was why he did it. Further he was justified in his actions because Staal was about to kill him (literally).

It really is an amazing study on people only seeing what they want to see.
Ah yes, the 6'3" 215 lbs Malkin was really fearing for his life.

__________________
Into the flood again; Same old trip it was back then.
Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:53 AM
  #770
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 44,709
vCash: 50
And just like that its 2-1.

Bob Richards is online now  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
  #771
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,192
vCash: 50
At least we got Francois Bouchard for Kundratek, eh?

Fitzy is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
  #772
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,443
vCash: 500
Why can't our goon defensemen score goals?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 11:59 AM
  #773
NCRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Did anyone else notice what sounded like a cheer from the broadcast booth on Pittsburgh's first goal?

Certainly sounded like Emrick or Pierre screamed "YEAAAAH!" before Emrick screeched "SCORE!"

NCRanger is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:03 PM
  #774
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,443
vCash: 500
NBC usually has a stream in their website for games that are shown on the main channel. Can anyone find the link for me?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-03-2013, 12:13 PM
  #775
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Another crosby dive, surprised the Nothing But Crosby network even mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
Did anyone else notice what sounded like a cheer from the broadcast booth on Pittsburgh's first goal?

Certainly sounded like Emrick or Pierre screamed "YEAAAAH!" before Emrick screeched "SCORE!"

Could have been a fan near the booth, like during the MSG feeds the other day.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.