II. New Logos and Green Uniforms for 2013-14

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 10:13 AM
BRoni

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
If you go to a Wild game, you'll see lots of North Stars gear being worn, and also a nice selection of it or sale in the Wild proshop.
I can't think of another similar situation in sports. I can't imagine being a Wild fan and going to a game wearing gear from another active franchise.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:22 AM
BRoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
The unique thing about this franchise is that it kept the same name (basically) and uniforms after the move. Whereas teams like Carolina, Colorado, New Jersey, Phoenix, etc did complete overhauls. The Winnipeg Jets became the Phoenix Coyotes and dropped blue red and white for black, green, and some funky green. The Colorado Rockies became the New Jersey Devils and dropped blue red and yellow for red and green, and so on. Had we became the Dallas Longhorns and dropped the green gold and black for say red blue and silver, Im not 100% sure I woulda remained a fan. And I believe our fan base has more carryover fans than all the others.

We still own the same basic color scheme and theres nothing wrong with dipping in to our history. It doesnt need to be considered some kind of ode to Minnesota or anything. Just taking advantage of whats ours.
That is exactly how I feel. It is different if you totally change a name and color scheme. Lets remember this is a Minnesota North Stars jersey.

Last edited by BRoni: 02-02-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old
02-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Robbler

vCash: 50
Greetings, Stars fans. I am a Wings fan who likes to take a dip into other boards from time to time and I saw this thread and decided to do up my own little concept for the Stars jersey. Always liked the those Stars jerseys from the early and late 90s, so I hope I did a decent job with this one.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoni View Post
I can't think of another similar situation in sports. I can't imagine being a Wild fan and going to a game wearing gear from another active franchise.
Winnipeg Jets? Just kidding. Although it is stupid how all of the Jets franchise records technically belong to a team other than the Jets.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
BRoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Winnipeg Jets? Just kidding. Although it is stupid how all of the Jets franchise records technically belong to a team other than the Jets.
yeah, that is really stupid. Probably what will happen in the NBA too with Seattle because I guarantee they'll get a team eventually.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:26 AM
BRoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichterBromont View Post
Greetings, Stars fans. I am a Wings fan who likes to take a dip into other boards from time to time and I saw this thread and decided to do up my own little concept for the Stars jersey. Always liked the those Stars jerseys from the early and late 90s, so I hope I did a decent job with this one.

I would buy one of those. I hope the new ones are something pretty similar. I'm worried they are going to screw up the logo when they can just go simple like that and make us all happy.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:29 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Quote:

Wow, this is really, really nice. Probably my favorite mock-up I've seen on here.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:46 PM
tjcurrie

Quote:

Not really. Sorry. Dont like the template really. Not a fan of the yellow shoulders and the shade of the yellow is weird. And its too dominating. Kind of an eyesore to be honest. Dont like the large white base on the green either.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

Quote:

Old
02-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Robbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
Not really. Sorry. Dont like the template really. Not a fan of the yellow shoulders and the shade of the yellow is weird. And its too dominating. Kind of an eyesore to be honest. Dont like the large white base on the green either.
I agree with you on the yellow, actually. I had a hard time finding a decent shade that went well with the green and just settled for the best I could manage to come up with.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Dirty Kari

That mock may be closer to the real thing then you guys think. That yellow is similar to the yellow we saw on the Stars site/arena.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:28 PM
ColeJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoni View Post
as a fan of the dallas stars AND the tennessee titans, i can name one other example... i proudly wear my warren moon and earl campbell oilers gear on sundays, when i cheer for the titans against the texans... i also see people in the stands on tv wearing those same jerseys, with navy blue texans hats on top.

would i do it if i were them? nope. seems weird to me. the texans are not the oilers. the titans are. the wild are not the stars. the stars are... but i see why they might want to do it.

it's a shared history. i'll definitely say that the state of minnesota lays claim to the north stars history... but at the same time, the stars ARE the stars. it's like a divorce. the stars are a hot chick that left her husband for not paying her enough attention. she then moved to texas and married a guy named dallas. that doesn't make that history invalid for minnesota. it happened. it's their time to cherish. but the stars are our spouse now, and we have every right to celebrate their life. not just who they are since we met them.

we're not like the baltimore ravens or oklahoma city thunder or washington nationals.
we're like the indianapolis colts and los angeles lakers and san francisco giants.

dropping "north" from the name and adding a texas shoulder patch is not a rebrand. like it or not, our franchise is the minnesota north stars. i'm proud of that fact, and can't wait to buy a jersey that reflects that a little better than a black rag with DALLAS glued to the front in some kind of twill/construction paper hybrid.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Dirty Dan
Saturday Night Lupul

I have an idea

Done , was that so hard

Old
02-03-2013, 10:34 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJ View Post
it's like a divorce. the stars are a hot chick that left her husband for not paying her enough attention. she then moved to texas and married a guy named dallas. that doesn't make that history invalid for minnesota. it happened. it's their time to cherish. but the stars are our spouse now, and we have every right to celebrate their life. not just who they are since we met them.
Great analogy.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
I have an idea

Done , was that so hard
Greatest jersey ever. Don't care what the Blackhawks or Canadiens have to say.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Stephen

The Stars definitely need to get back to green jerseys. How about something like what the London Knights had a few years ago?

with a bit of a sprucing up of the shade of green used:

Old
02-03-2013, 11:59 AM
BRoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJ View Post
as a fan of the dallas stars AND the tennessee titans, i can name one other example... i proudly wear my warren moon and earl campbell oilers gear on sundays, when i cheer for the titans against the texans... i also see people in the stands on tv wearing those same jerseys, with navy blue texans hats on top.

would i do it if i were them? nope. seems weird to me. the texans are not the oilers. the titans are. the wild are not the stars. the stars are... but i see why they might want to do it.

it's a shared history. i'll definitely say that the state of minnesota lays claim to the north stars history... but at the same time, the stars ARE the stars. it's like a divorce. the stars are a hot chick that left her husband for not paying her enough attention. she then moved to texas and married a guy named dallas. that doesn't make that history invalid for minnesota. it happened. it's their time to cherish. but the stars are our spouse now, and we have every right to celebrate their life. not just who they are since we met them.

we're not like the baltimore ravens or oklahoma city thunder or washington nationals.
we're like the indianapolis colts and los angeles lakers and san francisco giants.

dropping "north" from the name and adding a texas shoulder patch is not a rebrand. like it or not, our franchise is the minnesota north stars. i'm proud of that fact, and can't wait to buy a jersey that reflects that a little better than a black rag with DALLAS glued to the front in some kind of twill/construction paper hybrid.
Yeah, but isn't wearing a North Stars jersey to a Wild game like making love to your new wife and calling her the exes name? I didn't even think about the Titans, but they did change the mascot and logo, so that falls in the other category somewhat.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
The Stars definitely need to get back to green jerseys. How about something like what the London Knights had a few years ago?

with a bit of a sprucing up of the shade of green used:

Absolutely. Or like the old Sioux jerseys.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Satan
why did she go

Hell yeah, the London Knights have always had great looking jerseys.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Satan
why did she go

I doubt it will happen but if we are going for a classic look, the striping on the new Kingston Frontenacs jerseys looks REALLY nice. Probably my favorite jersey in the OHL right now.

I'd love to see striping incorporated but I doubt it will happen.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:15 PM
BRoni

I always love the Knights jerseys too. I guarantee they were looked at when they were coming up with our new design.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Absolutely. Or like the old Sioux jerseys.

Yeah, not bad at all...

Old
02-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

If we wind up with NoDak looking sweaters I am going to poke my eyes out.

I would rather have Gulutzen scratch Loui Eriksson and play Robidas the entire game.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Meh, doesn't look too bad IMO.

02-03-2013, 03:12 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Yeah, not bad at all...
A little tweaking with the green and I'd love it.

P.S. Love the black trim on the dark jerseys.

Closed Thread