Old
02-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Me too.

And at the deadline, I want PC go go after Ryder.
I doubt that would happen but would love Ryder back

Good for Chris I don't know how things will play out but am happy for him. Maybe the confidence of scoring will help his game. Loved the fist pump

02-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
I know he is standing next to a big guy here, but he must be even smaller than Marchand, isn't he?

I bet he is taller that Marty St Louis ?

Old
02-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

vCash: 500
Nice to see the GWG, but I doubt he is a long-term solution at LW. I have not liked the chemistry on the third line so far this year, and I think it's Bourque who is throwing off Kelly and Pevs. I think he's too aggressive trying to get up the ice too often and gets out of the structure. He also needs a lot of help along the boards, so Kelly often has to focus on helping to get the puck out instead of looking for transition.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post
Nice to see the GWG, but I doubt he is a long-term solution at LW. I have not liked the chemistry on the third line so far this year, and I think it's Bourque who is throwing off Kelly and Pevs. I think he's too aggressive trying to get up the ice too often and gets out of the structure. He also needs a lot of help along the boards, so Kelly often has to focus on helping to get the puck out instead of looking for transition.
Totally agree.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
then I shall take this to PM, since you are calling attention to it

thanks.
Busted.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Justin St Pierre

Assuming a fully healthy roster, because until then they have what they have, I like Paille on the third line...

...but having Paille on the third line means not having Paille on the fourth line...

...and that means having MacDermid on the fourth line and I really, really, really cannot find anything redeeming about that...

...so I'll take Bourque on the third and Paille on the fourth and see where it goes. Bourque doesn't feel right, but I think his weaknesses are overstated on this team and to this fanbase (and that's fine; it's a city that expects to win based on the efforts of everyone, rather than just a few, and that's totally right).

Old
02-03-2013, 10:55 AM
4ORRBRUIN

One goal dont change a thing for me. He still stinks and should be in AHL when the Bruin get healthy. Thats the only reason he was back last night.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
Pouliot is far more skilled and physical than Chris Bourque
also poopy takes brutal penalties bad for turnovers and doesn't play with his heart on his selve...

Old
02-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

The board is yearning for Benoit Pouliot.

I have officially seen it all.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin St Pierre View Post
Assuming a fully healthy roster, because until then they have what they have, I like Paille on the third line...

...but having Paille on the third line means not having Paille on the fourth line...

...and that means having MacDermid on the fourth line and I really, really, really cannot find anything redeeming about that...

...so I'll take Bourque on the third and Paille on the fourth and see where it goes. Bourque doesn't feel right, but I think his weaknesses are overstated on this team and to this fanbase (and that's fine; it's a city that expects to win based on the efforts of everyone, rather than just a few, and that's totally right).
Nice post.

Also need to consider what happens if Thornton doesn't come back the same, or at all. Seems odd to say a fighter will only miss 7-10 days with a concussion.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:32 AM
bruins repeat time

Ive been a critic of Bourque however last night was a fair amount better not just the goal. I was a huge supporter of pouliot but if you guys remember when he came here he was lost at first. Claude sat him out talked to him and he just got better and better. Lets just hope Bourque can improve off those first 5 or 6 games he played. As far as bourque goes longterm Im not too thrilled hoping he can at least not hurt the team/

Old
02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post
Spot on analysis.

If you go back and look at the last 2 games he played before Thursday, it is actually Peverley who has had to constantly shadow him in the same corner leaving Kelly stranded and the other corner wide open for a behind the net pass with transition for the opponent.

When both Kelly and Peverley have to play both wing/center each game plus PK you have a disaster on your hands. Both were gassed and Kelly made a horrible, costly pass to cost us two points.

I want him to succeed and have high hopes for him. However, Kelly and Peverley have played 1 1/2 seasons with each other at such a high level and they didn't just become toxic all of a sudden.

There is no surprise that the third line looked together when he sat.

DKH knows how much I want him to succeed but there's a line you have to draw when it becomes clear that his game just isn't translating to the system and is throwing off two of our more consistent players.

One goal, a gwg, is fantastic but he needs to keep it up for me to be sold. I'll happily eat crow when appropriate but until then, it's nothing but tough love.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-03-2013, 11:40 AM
bruins repeat time

pouliot 8 games 2g 3a 5p +4 the guy does a lot of things well ---way better forechecker and defensive player than bourque. Bourque might be able to match him point wise but thats it . Why you guys dont get how good he is for a bottom line player i dont know. I guess its something like the wideman wheeler thing

Old
02-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
pouliot 8 games 2g 3a 5p +4 the guy does a lot of things well ---way better forechecker and defensive player than bourque. Bourque might be able to match him point wise but thats it . Why you guys dont get how good he is for a bottom line player i dont know. I guess its something like the wideman wheeler thing
Ryder was scorned and ridiculed from many, a general sense of "good riddance" when he left. In comes Pouliot, and all of a sudden Ryder was the second coming and the answer to the issues on the 3rd line...should have never let him go. Now, Bourque is in, Pouliot's out, and people are extolling the virtues of Pouliot.

It's a ****ing comedy and I could set my watch to it.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Overally, i've been less than impressed with him. For what he is, you can't be too upset with him. Just not sure why he rates PP and shootout opps, since he has proven little in his limited time so far.

But once...just once...I'd like to see writers describe his contributions without having to say "Son of Ray Bourque." Dudes....let him be his own person, for Pete's sake.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Bourque is a legit 4th line NHLer Imo. He should stay up in the big leagues. I would look for an upgrade though for the 3rd line however.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:54 AM
slasher911

Quote:
Pouliot is playing with the best offense in the league. He won't keep that pace.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:57 AM
bruins repeat time

hes not playing with the big boys slasher

Old
02-03-2013, 12:01 PM
brom7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bourque is a legit 4th line NHLer Imo. He should stay up in the big leagues. I would look for an upgrade though for the 3rd line however.
Then why not just switch Bourque and Paille?

I don't think Bourque is physical enough too support a fourth line role, or our fourth line anyway. Our fourth line is about speed (which he has), physicality, and toughness. He has one of those three things. If he doesn't fit on our third line, I don't think he makes another NHL appearance again.

I think his playing style is right with Pevs and Kelley, but he needs to start hanging on too the puck more while entering the zone and make some plays, rather than the slap-shot dump in he does every time he skates over the red line. Not saying a dump in is bad, I'd just like too see him start making a little more plays and then the points will come.

Hope the kid well. Wanna see him succeed here.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:02 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

With all of this new-found love for Benny P, I've got a question for the newly-formed choir here:

Do you also miss the late 3rd period hooking/holding penalties he used to take regularly while we were protecting 1-goal leads? I sure as hell don't ...

I thought Bourque looked great last night. Is he the permanent answer on the 3rd line? Maybe, maybe not ... Time will tell and that time isn't right now.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
bruins repeat time

I dont see any use at all with bourque on the 4th line and at times paille hasnt looked good on the 3rd line but he did look good the other night before his injury.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:08 PM
slasher911

Quote:
hes not playing with the big boys slasher
He's on the powerplay with Vincent Lecavalier and Cory Conacher. Even Eric Brewer has 5 points already on that team.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:09 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Ryder was scorned and ridiculed from many, a general sense of "good riddance" when he left. In comes Pouliot, and all of a sudden Ryder was the second coming and the answer to the issues on the 3rd line...should have never let him go. Now, Bourque is in, Pouliot's out, and people are extolling the virtues of Pouliot.

It's a ****ing comedy and I could set my watch to it.
To be fair, it's just the people who never hated Pouliot or Ryder to begin with who are piping up and it's easier to single out those comments now for a laugh because the general consensus was "get them outta here!" back when we had them.

Personally I never hated Ryder and I never hated Pouliot. They were the goats just like Bourque is the goat this time around but I thought all three of them were (and are) doing their jobs just fine. People are still spoiled from the 08-09 season I think where literally every line felt like a 1st line and were scoring at similar clips. So anything less than that is still iffy hense the 3rd line winger hate that we have every season since then.

At least that's my opinion. Though it is comical to point out, be careful about generalizing the whole board as hating Pouliot or Ryder because the people pining for those players now may have had no problem with them when they were on the team. /shrug

Old
02-03-2013, 12:10 PM
bruins repeat time

With all of this new-found love for Benny P, I've got a question for the newly-formed choir here:

Do you also miss the late 3rd period hooking/holding penalties he used to take regularly while we were protecting 1-goal leads? I sure as hell don't ...

I thought Bourque looked great last night. Is he the permanent answer on the 3rd line? Maybe, maybe not ... Time will tell and that time isn't right now.

I dont recall it being a huge problem and although i flat out know it wont be a problem with bourque he took a bad pentally 13 minutes left bos-3 carol-3

Old
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate08 View Post
ryder was scorned and ridiculed from many, a general sense of "good riddance" when he left. In comes pouliot, and all of a sudden ryder was the second coming and the answer to the issues on the 3rd line...should have never let him go. Now, bourque is in, pouliot's out, and people are extolling the virtues of pouliot.

It's a ****ing comedy and i could set my watch to it.
qft.

Closed Thread