HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Ottawa has thirteen forwards on their roster now, I doubt very much they will recall anybody else from Bingo right now & especially not anyone from junior. It's quite likely they will go with what they have & Murray will monitor their situation closely to see whether he needs to pull the trigger on a trade soon.
What you thinking aragorn...big trade or small trade?

Old
02-03-2013, 02:05 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Apparently Kramer hopped into the Trenton bench to have a go at some guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
What you thinking aragorn...big trade or small trade?
Thanks for asking I don't think there is any question that a trade will eventually be made, it's just a matter of when Murray pulls the trigger. If not during the yr, than certainly at the trade deadline or the draft. I think Bishop is a certainty to be moved since it's most likely that Lehner will be here next season. I could also see any one or two of these guys moved ... Latendresse, Gonchar, Daugavins, & maybe even Condra or Regin although Condra is having a pretty good yr so far. I was thinking that Stone would eventually take his spot, but the way he is playing now that could be pushed back a little longer.

While we all think Murray could be going after a defenceman I'm not as sure of this considering how the defence is playing with Lundin yet to play & Cowen scheduled to return next season. Unless the defence goes into the toilet I think Murray could upgrade almost anywhere or add depth anywhere especially with Spezza out so long. A top two line centre, a top 4 forward or a top 4 defenceman are all possible. Latendresse I assume will be a question mark all season, as he has been his whole career.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:10 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Thanks for asking I don't think there is any question that a trade will eventually be made, it's just a matter of when Murray pulls the trigger. If not during the yr, than certainly at the trade deadline or the draft. I think Bishop is a certainty to be moved since it's most likely that Lehner will be here next season. I could also see any one or two of these guys moved ... Latendresse, Gonchar, Daugavins, & maybe even Condra or Regin although Condra is having a pretty good yr so far. I was thinking that Stone would eventually take his spot, but the way he is playing now that could be pushed back a little longer.

While we all think Murray could be going after a defenceman I'm not as sure of this considering how the defence is playing with Lundin yet to play & Cowen scheduled to return next season. Unless the defence goes into the toilet I think Murray could upgrade almost anywhere or add depth anywhere especially with Spezza out so long. A top two line centre, a top 4 forward or a top 4 defenceman are all possible. Latendresse I assume will be a question mark all season, as he has been his whole career.
lol, finally you are starting to see the light about condra.

Old
02-04-2013, 02:42 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

what's up with puempel? how could he not score a point in a 11-goal-game?

Old
02-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMacNorrison View Post
what's up with puempel? how could he not score a point in a 11-goal-game?
It doesn't really matter. But ya, terrible odds here.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:16 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
lol, finally you are starting to see the light about condra.
Since Condra is a RFA at the end of the season it's a tough call what will happen with him & that he is playing well whether he is re-signed but Zibanejad, Stone & Grant IMO are going to push for his roster spot.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:34 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

If Condra keeps his play up he won't be losing his spot. Greening and Regin should be more concerned about their spots than Condra.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
If Condra keeps his play up he won't be losing his spot. Greening and Regin should be more concerned about their spots than Condra.
Greening??? He has been doing everything asked of him on whatever line Maclean asks hin to play. We saw early on that Spezza plays better when Greening is on his line. He is 6'3", the fastest player on the team, he hits, he is very good defensively, he can play on any line & he will drop them. BTW he also has another yr on his contract. If he could score more he would be the perfect poward forwad & he had 37 pts in his rookie season. Condra is playing well but I would never keep Condra over Greening.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:39 PM
newerabegins

regin needs time to adjust but greening has been terrible so far IMO

Old
02-05-2013, 07:09 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post
regin needs time to adjust but greening has been terrible so far IMO
Regin's shoulder is done. I have hard time seeing him ever returning to form. Greening would greatly benefit from a turn in the press box. He seems like the type who would react positively from the experience. Needs to play like he has a nutsack imo

Old
02-05-2013, 07:24 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Regin's shoulder is done. I have hard time seeing him ever returning to form. Greening would greatly benefit from a turn in the press box. He seems like the type who would react positively from the experience. Needs to play like he has a nutsack imo
Yeah I agree. Just to clarify, I would be very surprised if Greening is not an important player for us for at least another thousand days or so, but point still stands that he needs to elevate his game

Old
02-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Agreed, if this guy could play angry he'd be a force. I think he should be separated from Neil and Smith. It seems he plays more aggressively/harder when he's playing with "softer" guys like Spezza, it seems he plays a more passive role with the more aggressive guys. Maybe play him with DaCosta and Condra?

Old
02-06-2013, 01:54 AM
ARed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Agreed, if this guy could play angry he'd be a force. I think he should be separated from Neil and Smith. It seems he plays more aggressively/harder when he's playing with "softer" guys like Spezza, it seems he plays a more passive role with the more aggressive guys. Maybe play him with DaCosta and Condra?
Good point. Hadn't thought about it. Worth a shot.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Greening definitely needs to play a tougher game. For whatever reason he just doesn't seem to have that mean streak which would make him a very valuable asset to the team.

A lot of fans who think the sens are tough enough, probably think that Greening is a tougher player than he actually is. Greening doesn't seem to be much of a physical presence and doesn't seem to play with enough of an edge (at least on a consistent basis). If Greening played the game like Neil then he would be a monster out there and he would probably be drawing some comparisons to Lucic.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Greening definitely needs to play a tougher game. For whatever reason he just doesn't seem to have that mean streak which would make him a very valuable asset to the team.

A lot of fans who think the sens are tough enough, probably think that Greening is a tougher player than he actually is. Greening doesn't seem to be much of a physical presence and doesn't seem to play with enough of an edge (at least on a consistent basis). If Greening played the game like Neil then he would be a monster out there and he would probably be drawing some comparisons to Lucic.
Maybe he is a smarter player & isn't that what a lot of people on here want, less fighting. I saw him make numerous good smart plays last night including several good passes that developed into good scoring chances. I find ever line he plays on seems to be better. Spezza credited him for creating space for him, Maclean said Greening, Smith & Neil was his best line for a few games at the start of the season & Regin seemed to play a lot better last night with Greening & Neil. I feel the same about Smith, they help to make other players better.

I would also like to see him be meaner but I doubt it's in his nature to be a nasty SOB. That said, he still plays an effective game doing all the little things few people notice like taking a few faceoffs last night. IMO he is a versatile & valuable player for Ottawa that can play anywhere in the lineup & make that line better.

Old
02-06-2013, 06:01 PM
DrEasy
Waiting for Methot

I feel Greening is to forwards what Phillips is to our D. He's big, he can skate and he has a hard shot, but somehow these gifts don't add up into the complete player we could expect him to be. He's less than the sum of his parts. For one, he's not mean enough.

It doesn't mean he's useless, but he needs to find his identity like Phillips did. It seems that he's best when he's asked to take the body to create space for his linemates, and make the simple and safe plays when he has the puck (just like Phillips!). That's why he works well on Spezza's line and why it might be a good idea to put him on a line with another play-making C like Da Costa.

Michalek - Turris - Alfie
Greening - Da Costa - Silfverberg
Zibby - Regin - Condra
JOB - Smith - Neil

Old
02-06-2013, 06:49 PM
starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post

FYI Greening is in top30 in the league in hits along with Neil.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Caje

Got to see a rare Matt Puempel fight tonight. Winnipeg prospect Scott Kosmachuk speared him and the two dropped gloves later in the game. He actually wasn't that bad, although he did end up getting dropped in the end. Other then that he was pretty invisible all night. I'm not sure what's going on with him - maybe his shoulder is still not 100%? I've seen him in action twice in the last month and both times he didn't do much of anything.

2 goals and 1 assist in the last 9 games (since coming back from injury).

Old
02-07-2013, 01:29 AM
Berserker*

Quote:
Maybe he is a smarter player & isn't that what a lot of people on here want, less fighting. I saw him make numerous good smart plays last night including several good passes that developed into good scoring chances. I find ever line he plays on seems to be better. Spezza credited him for creating space for him, Maclean said Greening, Smith & Neil was his best line for a few games at the start of the season & Regin seemed to play a lot better last night with Greening & Neil. I feel the same about Smith, they help to make other players better.

I would also like to see him be meaner but I doubt it's in his nature to be a nasty SOB. That said, he still plays an effective game doing all the little things few people notice like taking a few faceoffs last night. IMO he is a versatile & valuable player for Ottawa that can play anywhere in the lineup & make that line better.
A player can be smart and physical. Neil is a good example of that. He only fights, goes for big hits or tries to stir the pot when the team needs a momentum shift. He borders on being a dirty player with his hits but he never crosses the line; that is why he has never been suspended. He also rarely takes an unnecessary penalty or a penalty that hurts the team or leads to a momentum shift.

So ideally with all of Greening's athletic gifts, he would be more imposing out there. If he played with more of an edge he would be a more valuable asset to this team.

Old
02-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post
FYI Greening is in top30 in the league in hits along with Neil.
Well that's good. I guess I just expect him to be more physically imposing out there with his strength and speed. The only times I've ever really seen him wreck a player with a hit was when the other player tried to hit him. It happened last year when Drew Doughty tried to hit him and it happened a few games ago when Greening was around the opposition's net and a player tried to hit him. It looked like the player ran into a brick wall. It would just be nice to see Greening bring out that same level of physicality on a consistent basis. Greening has some freakish strength and it's almost like he isn't comfortable using his full strength out there. He could easily bully the opposition if he wanted to.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Agree greening could be making better use of his abilities. Looks stiff and tentative out there.

Old
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Micklebot

Anybody seen much of Ceci since the trade? How's he looked on a beter team, particularly defensively?

Old
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Anybody seen much of Ceci since the trade? How's he looked on a beter team, particularly defensively?
i saw him against the 67s a few weeks back. he looked good offensively (stood out) and no mistakes i can remember defensively.
I still think he needs more confidence and quicker decision making, but he has a huge shot, bigger than average body, and moves around real well. basically he has all the tools and i don't see any reason he won't be able to get it all together going through bingo coaching then ottawa to make for a top 4 reliable 2 way d that can put up 30-40 pts. (eventually anyway. like in 4,5 yrs approx.)
I would say he's got a yr or 2 in bingo (probably 1) then a shot in ottawa.

Old
02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
the tribute

Any new info on Noesen?

Old
02-07-2013, 11:22 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tribute View Post
Any new info on Noesen?
He's awesome, what more do you need to know?

In all seriousness though, JT miller scored two goals tonight. He's a former teammate of Noeson and IMO Noesen is pretty much a better player in almost all facets of the game. Plymouth is producing an outrageous number of great prospects right now and Noesen might be the best of them all. The comparisons to Dustin Brown and Ryan Callahan are spot on. He might not be a 30-30 guy but he'll play that gritty north-south game and give us 20-20 in the future IMO, probably from the 3rd line if need be.

Closed Thread