HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you fire Laviolette? (Philadelphia Daily News article dated March 12, 2013)

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 01:39 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Imagine the switch of the two coaches.
Would make quite the storyline if both teams turned it around.

If anybody could light a fire under our forwards, it would be Torts. I'd love to see him give it a go with Schenn, Giroux, Voracek, and the crew.

EDIT: And I would absolutely hate to see what the Rags could do under Lavi. That team is very similar in firepower to ours in 2010 and 2011 (and with competent goaltending).

Old
02-02-2013, 01:40 PM
MountainHawk

Terry Murray is the last thing we need. We need someone that has never been a Flyer. "Flyers hockey" is a failure. Need to clean house in management and start fresh with all people from outside the organization.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM
CNote
Get 'er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Terry Murray is the last thing we need. We need someone that has never been a Flyer. "Flyers hockey" is a failure. Need to clean house in management and start fresh with all people from outside the organization.
It worked for the Red Sox.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:42 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Completely agree to all of the above.

Old
02-02-2013, 04:58 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
There are a TON of NHL franchises that would like to have such a " failed " franchise as Flyers hockey ? Just went to the finals a few years back, punked the Pens last year in the playoffs etc......Not saying that some changes are not in order maybe sooner than later, but i disagree that "Flyers hockey" is such a failure as depicted here..

Old
02-02-2013, 05:10 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
There are a TON of NHL franchises that would like to have such a " failed " franchise as Flyers hockey ? Just went to the finals a few years back, punked the Pens last year in the playoffs etc......Not saying that some changes are not in order maybe sooner than later, but i disagree that "Flyers hockey" is such a failure as depicted here..
Like I said elsewhere, it's a great philosophy for being a top 10, but not top 3 team. Is that want we ultimately want? It's better than being awful, but we essentially need a miracle run (like the Kings) to be champs.

Old
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Rolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Otherwise I would not be comfortable with any of the other options behind the bench.
Tocchet?

Old
02-02-2013, 05:40 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Like I said elsewhere, it's a great philosophy for being a top 10, but not top 3 team. Is that want we ultimately want? It's better than being awful, but we essentially need a miracle run (like the Kings) to be champs.
Respectfully i understand your point,But sadly Pro hockey and pro sports is all about entertainment and filling the seats etc.....And the Flyers have done that very well throughout their history....I do have a little different perspective i suppose than most on here because i am 54 and have been a Flyers fan since 1967 and have seen 2 cup victories etc....I understand alot of you lads have a little different perspective with the Flyers being " cupless" during your life time etc and rightfully so i suppose..I have seen the Flyers go on some crazy streaks over the years, and still holding hope that they will all get on the same page as FLYERS .

Old
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Stranger Danger
the

No, I'm just a fan, not a GM.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:08 PM
SgtJoseph

GM is a tough gig for sure..........always 2nd guessed !

Last edited by SgtJoseph: 02-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old
02-02-2013, 07:34 PM
ORYX

If there was a saving grace I think its that there are a number of circumstances which Lavy has no part in that Holmgren and others may look to, rightly or wrongly, as reasons why Lavy stays:

- Shortened Season so no Ex-Games, limited practice (something every team faces however)
- Briere injury to start the year
- Extended injury to Hartnell
- Now the injury to Simmonds
- Loss of scoring depth
- Addition of sub par replacements (Feds, Knuble)

I understand the team is playing poorly, but I can see these as things management will look at when weighing whether or not Lavy needs to go.

Personally, I dont think they'll can him until this season is a complete loss.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:31 PM
StandingCow

It looks to me like Lavi has gone back to his old system.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:17 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
If any team is playing Flyers hockey right now, it's the Bruins. Who won a cup recently. And Anahiem circa 2007 was pretty Flyers hockey too.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:35 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
GM is a tough gig for sure..........always 2nd guessed !
Yeah I wouldn't want to be Homer. The guy can never do anything right in the eyes of some people.

Old
02-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Primary Assist*

Quote:
Respectfully i understand your point,But sadly Pro hockey and pro sports is all about entertainment and filling the seats etc.....And the Flyers have done that very well throughout their history....I do have a little different perspective i suppose than most on here because i am 54 and have been a Flyers fan since 1967 and have seen 2 cup victories etc....I understand alot of you lads have a little different perspective with the Flyers being " cupless" during your life time etc and rightfully so i suppose..I have seen the Flyers go on some crazy streaks over the years, and still holding hope that they will all get on the same page as FLYERS .
Let's put things into perspective: You were a 16 year old sophomore in high school the last time your team won a Cup. Epic fail.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:54 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
If any team is playing Flyers hockey right now, it's the Bruins. Who won a cup recently. And Anahiem circa 2007 was pretty Flyers hockey too.
The Bruins were always the Bruins. The difference was that Tim Thomas had one of the all-time all-time seasons for goaltenders. I don't see Bryz putting up a .938 sv% and then raise it to .940% in the playoffs. No one does. For anyone, ever.

Anaheim had two hall of fame defensemen in their prime in front of an all-star goalie in his prime. Anaheim hasn't changed their identity since 2007, they just don't have the defensemen who could log 28 minutes without breaking a sweat.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The Bruins were always the Bruins. The difference was that Tim Thomas had one of the all-time all-time seasons for goaltenders. I don't see Bryz putting up a .938 sv% and then raise it to .940% in the playoffs. No one does. For anyone, ever.

Anaheim had two hall of fame defensemen in their prime in front of an all-star goalie in his prime. Anaheim hasn't changed their identity since 2007, they just don't have the defensemen who could log 28 minutes without breaking a sweat.
Wow, I forgot that team had Niedermayer as well as Pronger.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 230
I like Lavy, but I would think about it. If they have a chance to make the playoffs with a change Im all for it.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
And beauchemin was the one who logged the most minutest per game in the playoffs. At nearly 30 min a game.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
Kind of funny how their d compares to now from then.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:49 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Assist View Post
Let's put things into perspective: You were a 16 year old sophomore in high school the last time your team won a Cup. Epic fail.
Not a fail at all in my view...........It was a great time for Flyers hockey and a great time to be 16. Our club has had many cup runs since those days, just needed a few breaks and a few good bounces here and there.......Believe it or not , there is absolutely an element of luck thrown in the mix of winning a cup......The long " dry spell" will make winning it all the sweeter.

Old
02-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Devastate

Am I the only person who still likes Lavy?

Old
02-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
I'm good with him, but I'm getting frustrated. He's part of the problem. The team constructed by Holmgren is the other part.

02-03-2013, 06:46 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post

But what identity was that? Very Flyer-esque. They started playing super physical and using their physicality to beat on the Sens.

Old
02-03-2013, 07:17 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Yes, I still like him as well...

Closed Thread